Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #121
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
got 1 inch tall thigh bolsters? nothx
a 5pt. is gonna take care of what my "1 inch tall thigh bolsters" cant...
Old 03-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #122
s14srpilot
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
s14srpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14srpilot
I just got a used Brix II since my car is a daily driver. It is very comfortable and worth every penny I paid for it

s14srpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:01 AM   #123
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I'm geting the Chargespeed buckets. Should be here next week.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #124
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ you sure that isnt a knockoff? the stitching on the center pad looks a little crappy.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #125
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
norm doesnt buy knockoffs
its the real deal hollyfield.

so many faggots ask if bride seats are knockoffs
some jackass though my Zeig one is
and recently someone asked if my MAXIS was. hahaha..fucking morons
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #126
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
i thought norm was doriftomodachi??

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #127
The Hamsterball
Zilvia Member

The Hamsterball is making a name for him/her selfThe Hamsterball is making a name for him/her self
hrm.. Norm, you got a bride seat now?

Geez... haven't seen your car in a while. Last time i've seen it was "up there" last year in fall.

Well, if you guys are going to cheap out on seats, I would suggest getting Sparco Speed or Sparco Sprint.

Sparco speed is actually replacing the discontinued sprint, but they're not the same seat.

I'm really slim, 5'8'' and 29'' waist, and I found that when I tested out the Speed vs. the Sprint, the speed was tighter and fit me better, where as the sprint was for wider users.

Other than that, for some odd reason, even though the butt support looked different on both, they felt almost the same (With the exception of the speed fitting me better).

And they're both around $250-280 (probably a little less for Sprint if you find any) for the seats.

On top of that, if you want a seat that will hold you down extremely well, these two seats are non-reclinable.

Question:
I haven't ever sat in a bride, only have seeen them, and noticed every single one I've seen is reclinable.

Are they just really really comfy seats (i know they are) that hold decently (better than stock of course, but not the best)?
Or does the fact that they are reclinable not matter at all?

I was just curious..
Old 05-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #128
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
there are bride buckets, just google for any store that sells brides.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #129
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

OMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to OMGWTFBBQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC
anyone have any experience with the sparco ultra seats? I havent been able to get to the local shop *which is acually the shop in the link to follow* to sit in them but read that they are good daily driver seats *but then this is what sparco is saying*. http://www.intensepower.com/sparulseat.html
I had one in my EK, and my bro has one in his S14, im pretty sure hes got wedge racing brackets, they sit a little higher than stock but im 6'2 and had just enough room to get it in with a helmet on. As for the seat, its nothing special in terms of comfort, I can see it getting annoying after maybe like 3-4 hours of driving, but its one of the better seats for the price because it has a molded shell, unlike the sparco sprint or speed ( tube steel frame )
OMGWTFBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:53 PM   #130
SilviaBoston
Leaky Injector

SilviaBoston is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SilviaBoston Send a message via MSN to SilviaBoston
Dose anyone have or know where to get 5zigen racing seats?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:53 PM   #131
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a momo rookie (aka "Start"), its a bottom mount seat and I have no idea how it will fit in a 240. It needs the kidney pad and the leg padding to be comfortable, there is a slight bump in the bottom of the seat which I find uncomfortable after a hour in the seat due to how it mounts in a miata (slightly offset). Some memory foam would fix that problem though. My shoulders are about 20 inches across, and are a little too wide in the seat, my right shoulder gets a bit sore after a day at the track from shifting. Waist width is fine, I'm a size 34 and I fit comfortably. Seat weight is 14lb, fiberglass construction. It doesn't bend but its a low end seat so I wouldn't expect great things from it in an accident. FIA rated. I think they are like $250 bucks maybe 300?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:12 PM   #132
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG

hahaha...buncha tools

btw, did you ever end up selling that Zeig?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #133
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
yeah i ddi finally
use that money to order my origin agressive KOUKI (wink wink) aero..full kit plus wide fenders and a oem hood with the URAS insert vetn on the way too from friend in japan.
muhahaha

i love my maxis
i want a passenger brix
Old 06-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #134
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
sweet! cant wait to see it!

I'll find a zeig one of these days...
After sitting in brian's car, i was sold. So much nicer than zeta III.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:47 AM   #135
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
if you can't pick up a zieg. sparco circuit. I wont even mention recaro since the closest equal seat has a cost over $500 more then the sparco. Aaron how much would it take to separate you from that maxis haha. unless you know someone with a maxis or a zieg already.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #136
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

mm i'd separate with it for a ZEROS
or a ridiculous amount of money
Old 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #137
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Just got these in last night. Brackets are coming in nect week. I just need to decide on which harnesses to use. Hhmmm...

ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #138
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
has anyone here sat in a momo?! This is driving me crazy, I'm super curious.

I have a momo streetracer in my s14 and it fits me fine got it super cheap and is a hell of alot easier to get out in and out of. Not the best for hardcore track use but has sufficient bolstering and great lateral support without having to squeeze into it.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #139
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let see....

Bride PROS:

Cheapest of all Bride buckets. Cushion is a bit thin. Red leather is a bit pale, like pink. FEels like an ordinary bucket seat to me. Not good in summertime becuae of the material

Bride Zeta 3:

True holding monster. ITs kind of hard to get out of the car. Seats very nice but my back starts to hurt after an hour drive. I would get them again. Seats low.

ChargeSpeed carbon kevlar bucket:

Has more cushion than Bride, some people like it better the Bride because of it. Shoulder bolsters hit the door panels even with an FG type bride rail all the way to the center of the car, the seat still hits the door panels. Seats higher than Bride Zeta, almost like stock height.

Bride GIAS:

Still waiting. Should be in 3 weeks
Old 06-04-2005, 02:15 AM   #140
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG

christ dude cool out, picture is small so its hard to see the details. was just wondering since the stitching on the center pad looks crooked.

i got this, measurements are supposed to be the same as spg racer, and its got fia shit, so we shall see. gets here in a couple days.

http://www.aerocraft.com/as200.html
Old 06-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #141
revat619
Retired General

wow, that looks pretty cool! The leg bolsters are nice and high. Definitely looks to be a quality seat. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #142
Zen S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Zen S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I have the Momo club GT seat. It is comfortable for a none reclining bucket. The bottom is a little hard for long trips though. It holds excellent, both for autox and the once I drifted the car.

The advantage is that I was able to use momo aluminum universal brackets, adapted to the stock 240sx rail. The seating is slightly higher than stock, but you can slide it back and forth like a stock seat.

here is a picture from an online store.
Zen S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #143
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
That RS seat, looks like the suede material was just put on there, I can see the cut edge of the material.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #144
chmercer
BANNED

thats possible, but for 500$, i dont really care, haha. ill get some closer up pics later when i actually have it in my posession.