Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #31
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in lookin for buy a new lsd for my s14, we originally have vlsd but it seem like shit when the car spin hard..lost lot of power..
what the way to go for have a daily driver ok and a good drift car? I've look at a 1.5 way cusco but I don't know personal experience about anyone..please PG or Flybert or anyone, give me some advise!!
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #32
DavidC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
DavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really niceDavidC is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
all i know is my ats locks hard when i need it and clunks like mad in parking lot situations
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #33
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
my nismo sss pops and clunks comparable to a kaaz. so much nosier. might be attributed to 8-piece subframe spacers, and HEs on full stiff. not too often to I hear the tire cha-cha, more clunking then anything. next diff change im switching from valvoline to mobile1 and picking up a 6-puck clutch eventually.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 AM   #34
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
I'm in lookin for buy a new lsd for my s14, we originally have vlsd but it seem like shit when the car spin hard..lost lot of power..
what the way to go for have a daily driver ok and a good drift car? I've look at a 1.5 way cusco but I don't know personal experience about anyone..please PG or Flybert or anyone, give me some advise!!
Like dousan said, most big name companies make good LSD's. Personally, I like 2 ways for drift. Most people would agree with me but some like 1.5 ways. 1.5 ways give a nice turn in but most people use them for HPDE timetrial style driving. If I were you, I'd get a Kaaz, Tomei, ATS, Nismo, or a Cusco. I would go with Tomei or Kaaz for the cheaper price but some people have more money to spend and it might be worth it to throw down on a more adjustable differential. Personally, I like my tomei set to 100% lock and I don't feel the need to adjust it.

Aaron, we do need to get together again. You should come out to malibu with dave and the rest of the guys and gals in early july. We're gonna get some grub, go for a drive, and hang out at the beach.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:57 AM   #35
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Like dousan said, most big name companies make good LSD's. Personally, I like 2 ways for drift. Most people would agree with me but some like 1.5 ways. 1.5 ways give a nice turn in but most people use them for HPDE timetrial style driving. If I were you, I'd get a Kaaz, Tomei, ATS, Nismo, or a Cusco. I would go with Tomei or Kaaz for the cheaper price but some people have more money to spend and it might be worth it to throw down on a more adjustable differential. Personally, I like my tomei set to 100% lock and I don't feel the need to adjust it.
You think that would be good also for daily driving?? I'm afraid because there aren't other people here with nissan and different lsd that can help me..and I need to order it from usa or japan..
Old 06-06-2005, 04:23 AM   #36
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Yeah, it's fine for daily driving. You just want to change the oil frequently so it doesn't make a lot of noise.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 AM   #37
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

If I deicide for a kaaz what kind of oil can use on it?? I've read about a non synthetic oil?? I can't buy kaaz oil all the time I need to change it..is hard from usa..
Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #38
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
how often should i change my fluid??? should i go by mileage, or by how often i drive the car hard?

Quote:
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #39
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
kaaz just use non syn oil
valvoline is the cheapest

change oil yeah mileage (i'd say 3-5k miles) and how many events/often you beat on it
a new lsd will be fine
my frien dnever changes his sss oil.
i love the nismo SSS lsd. mine's on full hard setting hehe...

putting in the new clutch and a 4.3 drive on it soon

for now using my extra 2 way lsd, the beater lsd w/ 4.3 drive already. jdm usedness POS. so noisy. annoying.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #40
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
should i use synthetic or non synthetic in my diff?

Quote:
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #41
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
nismo? syn is ok
i use Redline...90w140
i like thick oil
but the 75w90 or so is aok
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #42
Flybert
Post Whore!

Quote:
If I deicide for a kaaz what kind of oil can use on it?? I've read about a non synthetic oil?? I can't buy kaaz oil all the time I need to change it..is hard from usa..
I never use Kaaz oil. You don't need to. Just use regular non-synthetic gear oil and add a bottle of diff additive to keep the noise down. I get mine from Ford. It's called Friction Modifier and it comes in a white bottle. The white bottle is non-synthetic and the black bottle is for synthetic. I'm sure the autoparts stores in your area will have something similar.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #43
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
I never use Kaaz oil. You don't need to. Just use regular non-synthetic gear oil and add a bottle of diff additive to keep the noise down. I get mine from Ford. It's called Friction Modifier and it comes in a white bottle. The white bottle is non-synthetic and the black bottle is for synthetic. I'm sure the autoparts stores in your area will have something similar.
I belive the ford stuff is for VLSD's. Cause they use an open case VLSD.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #44
Flybert
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
I belive the ford stuff is for VLSD's. Cause they use an open case VLSD.
Call up Kaaz and they will tell you to use the white bottle ford friction modifier if you aren't going to use their oil.