Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S-chassis "easter egg" hunt

I know there is a thread on "what rare parts do you have on your car"
But this is a little different.
S13's and S14's were offered with many different options that many buyers opted out of, thus making them a coveted rarity today.
Some well known examples are the creamy yellow two-tone, and lavender frost color schemes dropped after one year, and the rare oem trunk luggage rack.

This thread is so we can discover these oem rareties and share them with others.

It can be anything from the varities of jdm two-tones, to rare models, parts, or accessories. The only requirement is that it HAS TO BE OEM.

Here are some examples, and their backgrounds:

This is the "coolbox" option for the S13 Silvia. The box inside the glovebox is ducted into the a/c system, and used to cool drinks.

Lavender frost. This color was offered in the US only in 1989. In Japan it was offered on the Silvia as a two-tone scheme, and was still offered on the SR-powered S13's

I should be getting a 1989 silvia sales brochure, so maybe more parts will present themselves, like the oem turbo timer.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
WOW. I had no idea about that cool box.
Lavender frost actually looks dope. aha.
Anyway, I guess I'll contribute, but I'm sure people are sick of seeing it by now.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if that car had the cool box, it would REALLY deserve to be called a refridgerator. same color as one and keeps shit cold too!
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence

I need to get one of those now. *sigh* gotta hit up raretrick
Old 02-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
I love the 2 tone coupes. I dunno why, but I do

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
nissantuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
It's because a two-tone paint job makes the car look longer and lower, reduces the visual height of the car. Plus, because the lower portion is dark, it blends with the shadow under the car, also making it look lower.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrindley
It's because a two-tone paint job makes the car look longer and lower, reduces the visual height of the car. Plus, because the lower portion is dark, it blends with the shadow under the car, also making it look lower.
No, its because twotones are the shit.

All that other stuff, you're just imagining things.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #8
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
i've got a few brochures too...one for the 180sx and s13 , and a navan catalog for the s13 silvia, as well as the sileighty brochure, lots of intersting things in them. I've got a factory fan controller switch...set hi or low, i'll get some pics of it soon. also how many of you guys knew the 180sx had a rear fog light availiable?

also i need to see a pic of the lavender frost 2 tone!!!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #9
pignosecoupe
Leaky Injector

pignosecoupe has a little shameless behavior in the past
I dont know if it is "rare" but I havn't seen another with this exact color. I havn't seen others in person that are exactly.

See sig

Edit: Click for another larger image

Coupe Love

-
pignosecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #10
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pignosecoupe
I dont know if it is "rare" but I havn't seen another with this exact color. I havn't seen others in person that are exactly.

See sig

Coupe Love
Mine was that color, but looked to be more beat than yours.

Carry on.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
There is one of those by my house that I see an old guy driving all the time, and it seriously bums be out. One of these days I'm gonna find out where he lives and leave a note on the car asking him to sell, lol.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Sorry don't have pics but I hear the cup holder option is somewhat rare.
Anyone knows the factory code for that lavender color? Looks good.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
LG1 according to the color chart at socal240sx.org:

edit: anyone seen a solid silver green pearl HB? According to the chart, it was available in 90, but I can't think of any I've ever seen.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrindley
LG1 according to the color chart at socal240sx.org:
[IMG]paint chart pic[IMG]

edit: anyone seen a solid silver green pearl HB? According to the chart, it was available in 90, but I can't think of any I've ever seen.
i've seen some pics of them, but never one in person..

Quote:

Coupe Love
my hatchback was originally that color, plus i see at least 2 of the blue/gray 2 tones in my town once a week.

plus i'm kicking myself because there was a minty/gray 2 tone for sale before i bought my 240...didn't realize at the time how rare they were..

lastly there was a creme/beige 2 tone in my local junkyard that got crushed recently (as well as 2 other nice red hatches..one of which gave up its black interior to me)
Old 02-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #15
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Here's my new silver-green two-tone. horrible pic I know

You are all going to hate me because I'm repainting it lavender frost. Although if everyone keeps jumping on the as yet unstarted lavender frost bandwagon, I may have to just repaint it the stock color.

But enough of this turning into a "I have a USDM two-tone" thread, let's see some other stuff.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #16
DUDEIDONTHAVEA240
Zilvia Member

DUDEIDONTHAVEA240 is an unknown quantity at this point
is the stock turbo timer made by blitz? when i bought a front clip tucked away under dash very neatly with what looked like OEM wiring on a plug was a blitz turbo timer. if it is ill take a pic
DUDEIDONTHAVEA240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

The oem turbo timer has a switch mounted where the coin holder usually goes on the dash.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #18
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i wonder waht is thunder black?
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #19
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
God, lavender frost looks like the hotness, i want to see how it looks in person, im tempted to get some!
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #20
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
Heres one. S14 HUD. Ive only seen one picture of this. Iam assuming it was only an option on the Zenki Jdm S14s:
Revolver Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
hud was availble on kouki s14s too. there was one on ebay sometime back. prtty cool imo. ive seen it in person. ican dig it.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:56 AM   #22
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

See sig

Coupe Love

I think I know where that no shooting sign is at...but, I could be wrong. SanBerdoo mtns?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #23
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
hud was availble on kouki s14s too. there was one on ebay sometime back. prtty cool imo. ive seen it in person. ican dig it.
I have the Kouki S14 Silvia catalog and don't see the HUD listed.

I like the striped down K's with steelies and radio delete.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #24
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
did it come with a digital dash too? that would be a cool swap by itself.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:14 AM   #25
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
I dont know how "rare" this is, but i have yet to see another S14 with this color scheme on the seats.

Mine is an S14 Zenki. . . I dont see this color listed on the color chart either.

*** Edit, for whatever reason, the BB code was right and the pic just didnt wanna show up ***

Post Preview owns me.

Last edited by Cashizslick; 02-19-2006 at 04:21 PM..
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #26
Dopefish
Zilvia Junkie

Dopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Dopefish
Cash, is there suppose to be a picture or something?
I love that mint green with silver two-tone paint. There was a S13 coupe in that exact scheme in my neighborhood, just sitting for months... I finally worked up the courage to go talk to them about possibly buying it (at the time not knowing if they'd even sell it) and they said they sold it the day before... for $500... It ran, was a 5spd and its only problem that I could see was a broken drivers window. I was a very sad panda that day.

~Kris
Old 02-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #27
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ohhhh man, owned!
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #28
s13silvia03
Zilvia Addict

Location: PA.....I always thought that dogs...umm...layed eggs, and I learned something today
s13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to s13silvia03
I've seen UK s14 200sx with leather heated seats, can't find the pic at this moment...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:55 AM   #29
KOUKI_VERS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
KOUKI_VERS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
im interested in getting an oem turbo timer if anyone has one. i used to see them once in a while on ebay about 2 years ago.. i havent seen one in a year already, they went for pretty cheap too. it was pretty dope since it had a little switch for 30 sec or 1 min, with the "brain" that you tucked away into hiding.
KOUKI_VERS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #30
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
i think my car is just plain as day.. ultra-red S14. 5 lug, vlsd, sunroof. but i was a little curious about the interior. titanium leather. i dont look at alot of pictures, but i cant remeber seeing too many of them. (i really have no idea.) it seems that 90% of S14 owners hear have cloth interiors.

cant wait to get it back from the shop and get them all cleaned up! but whatever. probably my imagination and everybody has the same. ahh well.