Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #91
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
lol no, that's was all Sam's. He imported it and sold the engine (which was already seperate), then dropped in an SR20DE. He put alot of money into that car and didn't recoup nearly what he paid. Whoever bought it got a good deal.
I only drove it once (right before we left for Japan).
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #92
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undercoverdjay
I have the AG2 Aztec Red on my 89 parts car, as per the color/year thing it was not available. Ive seen other Aztec red 12 valves too. Just wondering why the discrepancy?
undercoverdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #93
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay, question for yall since this is a "jdm goodie" thread.

This is the badge I bought, the oval with the "z", it came on a s13 coupe trunklid from japan.

What model silvia does that go on?

Because I see this badge

and now I'm confused...
What model does this go on?

Thanks!
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #94
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Square is Zenki Silvia.
Oval is Chuki Silvia.

I have the Zenki.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #95
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
hmm, so would chuki be a 91?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #96
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
..chuki is 91-94..
Old 02-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #97
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios
Okay, question for yall since this is a "jdm goodie" thread.

This is the badge I bought, the oval with the "z", it came on a s13 coupe trunklid from japan.

What model silvia does that go on?
That's an 'S' (for Silvia). Those came on 1990-1994 SR-powered S13 Silvias.

Quote:
Because I see this badge

and now I'm confused...
What model does this go on?
S again, 1988-1990 CA-powered S13 Silvias.

Remember that Japanese market cars go by production year, not model year.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #98
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^ i have one of those badge, i wanted to sell it and still do, but lazy to post it. if anyone looking for one. pm me
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 AM   #99
ispypsi
Leaky Injector

ispypsi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ispypsi Send a message via Yahoo to ispypsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
lol no, that's was all Sam's. He imported it and sold the engine (which was already seperate), then dropped in an SR20DE. He put alot of money into that car and didn't recoup nearly what he paid. Whoever bought it got a good deal.
I only drove it once (right before we left for Japan).
if its the same car, one of the drift car drivers from enjuku bought that car out here in florida. its his daily driver too i believe. its a nice car, it had an hks exhaust i believe, since it finally rusted/cracked and i remember him telling me about the shop he had it fixed at. /off-topic
Old 02-24-2006, 01:22 AM   #100
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
are 90-94 silvias technically chuuki? cuz after that it was s14. i say it should be kouki.

unlike 91-93 us fastbacks, since the fastback did in fact continue in japan as the kouki 180. they should be chuuki.

so something like this.
COUPE...........FASTBACK
zenki *s13.....zenki r*s13
kouki *s13.....chuuki r*s13
zenki s14.......kouki r*s13
kouki s14.......none
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #101
mrmephistopheles

here's a better pic of the trapezoidal 'square' badge:
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #102
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
are 90-94 silvias technically chuuki? cuz after that it was s14. i say it should be kouki.

unlike 91-93 us fastbacks, since the fastback did in fact continue in japan as the kouki 180. they should be chuuki.

so something like this.
COUPE...........FASTBACK
zenki *s13.....zenki r*s13
kouki *s13.....chuuki r*s13
zenki s14.......kouki r*s13
kouki s14.......none
Man don't try and figure that shit out...

Anyway, here is a really cool website, maybe someone who reads Japanese can help translate some of this: http://www.nissan.co.jp/MUSEUM/SILVIA/
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #103
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflag_Rms13
Anyway, here is a really cool website, maybe someone who reads Japanese can help translate some of this: http://www.nissan.co.jp/MUSEUM/SILVIA/
1988.5 New model sill beer sale
- The young man and woman (the cover り) Carla if is produced in the joke, sense is good, 2 doors stylish coupe whose running is pleasant
- Adopting the new development multi-link rear suspension
Dispatching Kyushu - Tokyo "caravan party" with PR of the new model sill beer
1988.7 Selling the sill beer convertible
1988.10 Being awarded "sill beer" 1988 good design grand prix
1990.1 Adding the "diamond selection series" to the sill beer
1991.1 Minor change sill beer
(Being sharp, torque full the SR type engine of running loading)
1991.8 Sill beer スポーツスペシャリティ car market 34 month continual conquests
1992.1 In sill beer "K's club selection" "Q's club selection"
"Q's SC", adding "TYPE III" to 180SX
1992.12 Sill beer "ALMIGHTY" (the almighty) it sells
S14
1993.10 Selling the new model sill beer
1994.2 Selling the special specification car "Q's aero sport" of the sill beer
1995.5 Sill beer part improvement
(Driver's seat SRS air bag system standard adoption)
1996.6 Minor change sill beer
1997.1 It was complete safety equipment to the sill beer adding "the SE" series
(Together in the same series special specification car "Q's SE diamond selection" setting)
1997.1 Sill beer special specification car Q's diamond selection sale
1997.10 Selling the special specification car "the Otech version of the sill beer K's MF-T"
1998.7 Opening the "NISSAN sill beer square" in south Aoyama

S13
- 5th generation S13 type
1988 May, the interior appearance of original curved surface design and the adoption etc. of the new development multi-link rear suspension focusing on full it changed, sold.
At the time of development, sensitivity being rich, you insist your own personality to suppose the Carla if of the young date generation, it designated that it makes the car which can express the good quality of sense of the person who "beauty of design" united "the enjoyment of running," rides as theme.
The styling wide & the low/row which are formed with curved line and the curved surface (is low, is widely) elegant design of the impression to make, also the interior, wraps the person who rides kindly, being elegant atmosphere is good it made original curved surface design.
In addition, it steered with the nosewheel as a スペシャリティ coupe, FR which is driven with the rear wheel (engine prefix rear wheel drive) it adhered to the luxurious running taste only of layout. As for FR, being profitable in load distribution before & after, steering feeling is smooth and also, quality such that behavior of the car can be controlled with stepping on allowance of the accelerator is had. Furthermore in order to utilize the merit of this FR, the new development multi-link rear suspension is begun, you adopted numerous new technology, can have enough "the enjoyment of running".
And, K's (PLASMA-CA18DET twin cam 16 valve intercooler turbo attaching engine loading) with Q's (PLASMA-CA18DE twin cam 16 valve engine loading), vehicle speed the front window display which is indicated in the front window right lower part digitally was adopted with option. It shortened the time when the gaze is moved to the occasion where the driver verifies vehicle speed, can lighten the fatigue which is in the midst of travelling. (In 27th Tokyo motor show of 1987 October as a head up display sample only).

* Sill beer convertible
(Inc.) from the Otech Japan
Those where it sells in 1988 July, are this opencar. We designated the automatic car of S13 type sill beer K's as the base, equipped the top of electromotive opening and closing type. Attendant upon convertible conversion, reinforcement was administered to the body. In the housing section of the top as body color by the fact that it has the steel make cover of the same color, it tried not to impair beautiful style even in a state where the top is opened.
*(Inc.) the Otech Japan specification car.

- 180SX RS13 type
This "ワンエイティ s x" was the car which had the component which is common with the S13 type sill beer. "You make refreshing sport feeling to style and to the running have enough,
"3 doors coupe" as a development concept, it sold in 1989 April which is next year of S13 type sill beer sale. In the aero forum body of 3 doors coupe which is superior in aerodynamic quality, S13 type sill beer K's the CA18DET engine of turbo specification was loaded similarly.

S14
The S14 type which sells in 6th generation S14 type 1993 October "while it was mind designated the stylish sport coupe which it is thorough overtakes good quality of the pleasant running and sense" as concept, balance came off to be beautiful スポーティ the FR car it has on the basis of style and active safety, it was thorough overtook the running which is pleasant.
Being elegant balance comes off, スポーティ it actualized proportion e.g., the style, designates horizontal stream kind of Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, europe where horizontal keynote flows as the nucleus, puts the tire on the four corners of the body as much as possible in order to appeal the existence impression of the tire.
In the interior, gives the moderate tight impression, the uplift impression of running was produced around the waist low driving position and door armrest, with the volume impression of the center console.
The engine substantial output improvement is assured including improvement to the SR engine which has established reputation with good quality of nimbleness and the response, as, from, linear made engine quality of the response. Together, it improved silent characteristic with the rigid improvement and the like of the engine itself.
Besides the fact that with the minor change which does to 1996, the high performance which the sill beer has "it ran and" in order furthermore to emphasize, being dynamic, スポーティ it modified the exterior in design, concerning the interior as around the driver's seat focusing on including improvement, "it runs and" produces enjoyment it improved also comfort and practicality.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:59 AM   #104
blackflag_Rms13
Zilvia FREAK!

blackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really niceblackflag_Rms13 is just really nice
Cool, thanks. Babelfish?
blackflag_Rms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 AM   #105
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
damn i gotta do a sill beer convertion now...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:03 AM   #106
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves
damn i gotta do a sill beer convertion now...
Old news...

Babelfish FTW1!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #107
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
I dont know how rare this is or how un-useful it is or how stock it is, but my car has a tow hook for all them trailers or bigass grills Ill be towing in the near future. Havnt seen these on many 240s

these things were rare, I dont have them though
Old 02-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #108
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Cant you just put a tow hook on your car? I dont think it was ever a factory option.
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #109
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
I guess I just dont know who would want to even put one on a 240 What could you tow with it?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #110
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
many things...

THINGS that aren't over 100lbs.

jk.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #111
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

well... they did come with truck motors....

But yeah, I can throw a towhook on my car tonight if I wanted to.

but that silvia glass, omfg I want it.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #112
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
luke joked about putting a tow hitch on the fd and towing his truck with it. lol
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #113
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
lol. that would be hilarious
Old 02-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #114
blitz240a
Zilvia Member

blitz240a is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have any pics but I know for sure that very few S14 kouki's had black plastic door ding protector thingies. Ugliest OEM peice on an S14 IMO........
blitz240a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #115
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
mine has a tow hook in the exact same spot

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
nissantuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #116
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz240a
I don't have any pics but I know for sure that very few S14 kouki's had black plastic door ding protector thingies. Ugliest OEM peice on an S14 IMO........

Your talking about the rubber sleeve that fits over the end of the door right?

I know honda's have that HUGE rubber strip down the sides of the doors for ding protecion.

I have never heard of an S14 having those.
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #117
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Tow Hook = Factory

Trailer Hitch = Redneck Aftermarket Add-on

Don't confuse the two.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:23 PM   #118
skills
Leaky Injector

skills is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to skills
who's rocking the factory vinyl graphics besides me?

ryan
skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #119
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

no fucking way, i've never seen those
Old 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #120
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skills
who's rocking the factory vinyl graphics besides me?

ryan
That's kinda cool. I would put that on my car.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote