Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #31
'90RPS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
^~~~I am with him too! I am anxious to see where it comes out! *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #32
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
I need a fast forward to the future.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #33
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
^ha

i agree with Gavster about welding, it is probably my greatest all around skill. it has gotten me countless jobs, and continues to make and save me money. i am begining my cage in my s14. guess how much i have in it? about 250$. why? because all i have to pay for is the material.....suckas!

nice project.....i hope it gets driven hardcore like it deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #34
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
more updates!!!!!! please, cant wait to see where this is going.
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #35
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Bah, it needs to be lower...

haha awesome welding work. I'll stay tuned to see what happens here

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #36
zenkii
Leaky Injector

zenkii has made poor choiceszenkii has made poor choiceszenkii has made poor choiceszenkii has made poor choiceszenkii has made poor choiceszenkii has made poor choices
this thing looks scary
zenkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #37
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Dont worry, this thing will get flogged at the track daily This is what happened with my last s14, so this new one isnt gonna just sit around!

K, im letting the cat out of the bag....vmounted RB in an S14 FTW....i dont think ive seen this done at all yet by anyone else...and I will say this, its TONS of work and Im willing to admit that I underestimated the difficulty, but I so far am rising up and overcoming You will see below how I am modifying the subframe to move the engine mounts back. I will be making my own poly mounts to lower the engine about an inch and a half as well. Also, I will be forced to do a dry sump oil setup with this due to oil pan clearance on the subframe, but thats better anyways Just a taste of what I did this weekend....i mustve pulled and installed the engine 6-7 times, yikes!! Oh and I had to increase the hole size in the firewall....the intake plenum and cylinder head will be well behind the firewall....yay for better weight distribution and lower center of gravity....and DRY $UMP haha lol

Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #38
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
holy shit thats fucking awesome. cant wait till its done, but at the same time i enjoy seeing updates. keep up the great work!
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #39
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gavster again.
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #40
twofourzerosx
BANNED

twofourzerosx can only hope to improve
this reminds me of my old shop teachers 'cuda... he just kept cutting and welding till he got the INSANE setup he wanted. custom 4link in the rear, coilovers in the front, moved the engine back and lowered it, massive MASSIVE suspension bars, (sway/strut bars) in the front.... cut firewall. he welded in a wheelbarel body to create a rounded hump in the firewal. amazing.

MORE PICS PLEASE!
twofourzerosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #41
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
I love this type of work. Keep it up!

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #42
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
dry sump is fancy.......
Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #43
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
pure sex, more updates
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #44
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Damn.. I wish I were baller.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #45
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
damn man it looks so nice. keep us updated!
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #46
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
this looks amazing. i wish i had some fabrication skills.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #47
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
lookin good. keep it up. thats sick that you are going with a dry sump system.
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 AM   #48
motegineon
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to motegineon Send a message via MSN to motegineon
def badass man, cant wait for more updates
motegineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #49
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yo man props on all the hard work. I think it's safe to say that you'll have the meanest/dopest 240 in Albuquerque, damn even the whole state! So do you work at speedlabs or are you the guy who runs it? I'm from the ABQ. I used deliver parts for university volkswagen, you guys were a regular stop. Anyways cool shit man!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #50
DriftSpecial180
Zilvia Addict

DriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura about
wow, i admire you for your patience and skill. I hope to get a chance to tear down my S13 and rebuild it: no a/c, heater, power steering, etc. just a motor, tranny, chassis/body, seat, and 4 wheels. something like that.
DriftSpecial180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #51
sTalnOut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nicesTalnOut is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sTalnOut
YOUUUUUUUUUUUR THEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAAAN lolz cant wait to see the ride to be done good work man and thats definitly 1 of the best talent to have is weld. good luck
sTalnOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #52
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
respect

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #53
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by worangejuice
Yo man props on all the hard work. I think it's safe to say that you'll have the meanest/dopest 240 in Albuquerque, damn even the whole state! So do you work at speedlabs or are you the guy who runs it? I'm from the ABQ. I used deliver parts for university volkswagen, you guys were a regular stop. Anyways cool shit man!
Thanks guys!

worangejuice, thats cool you are from here! I actually am wayy into vw's too and am always at that dealership...do you know jon shodean per chance from parts? He is a good friend of mine! I dont work at speedlab but my good buddy brody owns it...great guy great shop! What a coincidence hahaha!

I will hopefully have more updates this weekend!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #54
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

juice.def is on a distinguished road
you the man. props on your build cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #55
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks some more guys, I appreciate the encouragement!!
A friend and I slid the rb in the other day and we finally got it in the car in its new position! Over the long weekend I hope to make the new mounts which will lower the engine about 2 inches and then start on the new tunnel! Also, I borrowed a tig machine froma friend who is in africa for 4 months and ive been practicing...remarkably, i think im better at aluminum than i am with steel....weird. Heres some pics!

new.shifter.hole.needed

mounts seated into the new subframe

more

more

oil pan had to come off for the proper fitment

engine in!

yikes...its in the cabin!

i <3 tig...i just need to get more practice, but this aint bad

cherry aluminum beads!!

w000000t

bueno!

Thats it for now...look for more updates before the weekend is up!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #56
ViZion Zs
Zilvia Junkie

ViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-known
your seam welding turned out better then mine did on my 13... and i only did certian spots of weakness not the whole car. are you gonna add another bar to connect the front of the frame together? very nice work tho man i wasnt brave enuff to tub mine.. maybee next one;.
ViZion Zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #57
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
beads look pretty good for first time.
definantly look better than some of the shit ive seen from "experienced" guys in the past.
nice clean new alum. is fun to weld on. but try doing it overhead on sheet aluminum on a '32 salt flats roadster. then it gets tough. lol

TIG rocks my socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #58
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
man those are very very nice tig welds bro, keep those updates coming
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 PM   #59
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
This isnt just baller shit, this is some damn fine work.
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:38 AM   #60
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster
How thick was the metal you were working with?