Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #661
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastS14 View Post
so can I as a question thats probably pretty obvious..but for those of you that who basically have your tires touching your fenders....or everyone in this thread i guess....what happens if you hit a pothole? seems like it would smack your wheel right up into the feder and seriously fuck some shit up...idk
when i see potholes i fucking stop, or go around them.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #662
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
when i see potholes i fucking stop, or go around them.
Unless you create them, like me, by driving over a part of the road that decides that it was going to just get ripped up when your wheel goes over it.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #663
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
okay needa quick pointer:

I'm running baby dick 16x8 +0 all around, 225/45 in the back and prolly getting 205/45 in the front, no if i lower this as far as my shitty ksports will go will they tuck w/o rubbing, or will it not even be flush. If so what size spacer should get to slam the tire to the fender.
anyone...willing to help me out.....
Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #664
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
anyone...willing to help me out.....
Use this please...

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #665
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
and then this...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=21

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #666
vinhnumber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
vinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
Tire size in teh fronts?
205/45 fronts.
215/45 rears.

and I still rub my wheel well's in the front, ARGH I need to hammer them in.
Only when drifting 3rd though, daily driving its A OK! No rub. No tub.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #667
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Well yeah. If you're going to be that low it's a given you'll need MASSIVE fender work to fit 17x9.

I was half an inch higher than Vinh I think and my fenders took an INTENSE beating.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #668
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
i sometimes rub 215 40 with massive ammounts of hammering. i hammered more recently though.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #669
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
i sometimes rub 215 40 with massive ammounts of hammering. i hammered more recently though.
You don't count. You broke the law of earthly physics with your car.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #670
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post

you gonna gimme some money to buy my Work VS-KFS.......OKAY THEN
Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #671
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Thats because your a real man.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #672
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
ugh dude, your car is so ridiculously low though

i barely rub 235/40/17 on mine

but i used an air hammer to "clearance" my front tubs haha

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #673
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Quote:
you gonna gimme some money to buy my Work VS-KFS.......OKAY THEN
your first set of wheels dont have to be 2k+... you can have well fitting wheels without spending an assload.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #674
Z33dori
Post Whore!

my 1st rims only cost me 400 bucks

site nice......but not perfect...go figure they are sportmax.

i mean once i get some money yea ill upgrade to some more flush a wide wheels, but being a broke and in college my choicees are limited...So i wanna work with what i got.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #675
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
soooo played, there's been like 4 S13s at my school with those sportmax's with stock suspension =(

I just picked these up, should be on this weekend.

18x10 +20

1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:22 AM   #676
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to timlush

Ballin!
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #677
vinhnumber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
vinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Well yeah. If you're going to be that low it's a given you'll need MASSIVE fender work to fit 17x9.

I was half an inch higher than Vinh I think and my fenders took an INTENSE beating.
thats a half an inch I'm going to have to hammer in! haha gonna need the torch for this one!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #678
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Less yabba yabba yabba....more photos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #679
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Front:

17x9 +20 w/ 10mm spacers
215/40/17 Falken FK452

Rear:

17x9 +20
225/45/17 Kumho MX
Old 02-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #680
koukimatt

koukimatt is on the path to ruinkoukimatt is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270 R View Post
Noob Question.

I want to put the Gravity Gullflames on my S14. The size i'm after is 18x9.5 and offset is +15. Will these sit flush without needing fenders? What i was told is that I'd need 5mm spacers for the front and 20mm over fenders. I'm sure it'll need a roll, that's ok but I don't want to put fenders on. I also found this picture...

http://imageinmotion.com/pics/greddy...egunmetal2.jpg

That led me to believe i won't need fenders at all. That car has stock fenders and still sits flush.

Is there a better offset i can use for the front to sit flush?
I just got a set of Gullflames, same fitment (18x9.5 +15). No tires yet, sorry... still trying to figure out what size I need. Here's what they look like on the front of my S14. Stock fenders, no roll or pull so far. The car is obviously off the ground... this is just to show how far out the wheels go.

If I get tires with stretched sidewalls, I can probably get away with no spacers up front. With vertical/flush or slightly larger (bulged) sidewalls I'd get 5-10mm spacers to make sure the tires clear the coilovers.

I'm not slamming the car, and I don't plan on drifting it... much. Any suggestions on tire size?
koukimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #681
Z33dori
Post Whore!

235 front
275 rear
Old 02-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #682
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Something that's slightly stretched will be the only way you can flush out those wheels w/o hitting the fenders.

For a 9.5, something like a 235/40 would be perfect. Friend of mine 235/40/18s on his 18x9.5 Work Meister S1s and they look sick.

Here's his car:

And here's what the 235/40/18 looked like on his 18x9.5:

Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #683
Z33dori
Post Whore!

clean stretch .....
Old 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #684
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
can we get a pic of hitmans car? i want to see his manly ride height/fitment
Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #685
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimatt View Post

My thumb at the first joint isn't even 20mm(my pinky being around half that), you might want to go back and remeasure that gap.. looks way too close even with rock hard suspension to not rub, spacers imo. :P
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #686
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
can we get a pic of hitmans car? i want to see his manly ride height/fitment

He converted to just driving on rotors to get as low as possible.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #687
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

damn, he needs to space those rotors then! lol
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #688
Z33dori
Post Whore!

well its not his fault u have small hands
Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #689
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risu2112 View Post
My thumb at the first joint isn't even 20mm(my pinky being around half that), you might want to go back and remeasure that gap.. looks way too close even with rock hard suspension to not rub, spacers imo. :P
I can't fit my finger in between my wheel and coilovers, no rubbing.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #690
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
18x9.5 +12 ~6mm gap, it doesn't rub

some t57-rc's 17x9 +12, 18x9.5 +12 (have 5mm spacers on, so +7 on all)
and 215/40 tires

jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote