Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Duosx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Duosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation !!!!!!!nissan 740cc injector HELP!!!!!!!!

hey i bought some redtop 740cc injectors off someone on the boards and im not sure if they are 740cc. can someone with 740s tell me what numbers they see on top of the injectors please. this would help tremendously cause i cant get the car started and keep getting fouled out so i think i have something else.

the car is tuned for 740cc's by enthalpy and will not start it just keep getting fouled out because of so much fuel.

the numbers ontop of the redtops i have are 0121517 and A46-Z00. someone please compare these with their 740cc numbers.
Duosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did he tell you what brand they were? If they were deachtworks they will show up as 370s. I believe. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
Duosx
Leaky Injector

Duosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choices
no he did not just said they were 740's but the deashtworks have a dark tip unlike the nismo lighter grey tip that i seem to have. but i guess that wouldnt matter. would 370s drown out the motor if it was tuned for 740s /??
Old 04-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
street240
Zilvia Junkie

street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
Honestly, If I were you I would stop right now. I once ran used injectors and it screwed my motor. I made it like 100 yards and then let off the gas and it flooded and then when I tore the motor down I found at least 3 inches of fuel sitting on top of number 4. I learned the hard way. Good Luck with whatever you decide. If I could go back in time, I would have turned them in to deaschworks and got a new set.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
send them to RC Engineering and have them cleaned and tested, or DW if he does testing and such
Old 04-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
Duosx
Leaky Injector

i check the cylinders everytime i crank over car and dry them if any fuel is down there plus clean plugs. they flood the motor that much. also i leak tested with rail out of mani with fuel pressure on and no leaks.

the injectors were used for 1000 miles and they look brand new the sidefeed screens are perfect and not faded.

can someone wit 740's chime in and tell me their numbers ???
Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
send them to RC Engineering and have them cleaned and tested, or DW if he does testing and such
+1 dont go down the road of injectors of unknown cc or operation.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
Duosx
Leaky Injector

but i dont believe there are any other redtop 740's that look like these. they look exactly like--> http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng/N740injectors.htm

but i have seen these 880's that look similar but have a blue tip like these-->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...6183QQtcZphoto

remember i had my tune done by enthalpy. after awhile i started to think it was the tune so he even sent me a new ecu with the same tune and it didnt change much.

i need to know the nismo redtop 740cc numbers on top of injector to see if there the same please post them if u have them.

any other ideas greatly appreciated !
Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
y not take pics of them?? and post them??

thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
Duosx
Leaky Injector

will do later, but there is no dif from those nismos u see thats why i need numbers
Old 04-22-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
anotherblusi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anotherblusi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Umm they search up as jecs or nismo 720cc injectors.... if all cylinders are flooding, there is probably something wrong with the tune. if only 1-3 probably injectors...
anotherblusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #12
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
agreed, it's generally a good idea to get your injectors cleaned anyways if they were purchased used.
might as well have them verify the flow rate while you're at it.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 04-23-2007 at 01:12 PM..
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #13
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Dude WTF?? THREE people posted that you should have them flow tested. Stop guessing like an idiot and get them FLOW TESTED to get some REAL NUMBERS so that you can find out EXACTLY what size they are.

That's part of the due diligence that you set yourself up for when you bought UNKNOWN USED INJECTORS. I have NISMO 740's but why would I want to take apart my fuel rail just to check some stupid numbers that WILL NOT in fact determine how much fuel YOUR injectors flow?

Do your own research on your own injectors. Until you get them flow tested any more questions here are a complete waste of everyone's time.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
anotherblusi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anotherblusi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmsilvia View Post
Dude WTF?? THREE people posted that you should have them flow tested. Stop guessing like an idiot and get them FLOW TESTED to get some REAL NUMBERS so that you can find out EXACTLY what size they are.

That's part of the due diligence that you set yourself up for when you bought UNKNOWN USED INJECTORS. I have NISMO 740's but why would I want to take apart my fuel rail just to check some stupid numbers that WILL NOT in fact determine how much fuel YOUR injectors flow?

Do your own research on your own injectors. Until you get them flow tested any more questions here are a complete waste of everyone's time.
Dude don't be a dickhead... what the hell are these forums for if you can't ask a simple question. It would literally take someone 10 min to take one injector cap off and check the part number on them. Obviously if none of the numbers match then he would have no choice but to get them flowed. But you might as well try and help him out with trying to match the numbers first...
anotherblusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
Duosx
Leaky Injector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherblusi View Post
Dude don't be a dickhead... what the hell are these forums for if you can't ask a simple question. It would literally take someone 10 min to take one injector cap off and check the part number on them. Obviously if none of the numbers match then he would have no choice but to get them flowed. But you might as well try and help him out with trying to match the numbers first...

wow thank u blusi i was about to go off on the dude. u dont even have to take the cap off or the rail, just turn the injector and read numbers on top of your nismo 740's while thier in the rail. if thats too hard for u and 2 minutes too much for ur time usdmsilvia im sorry but you shouldnt be working on cars .