Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
$$$$ for your cats in SoCal

I just wanted everyone to know that there is a guy in the San Diego area that will buy your used/destroyed cats. He gave me $50 for my cat off my 91 hatch.
Depending on the shape your cat is in and what it came off determines how much you will get. The guy's name is Mike. His number is (760)802-7374.

Kevin
nissanguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
nice. now i can go gather a whole bunch of cats and make some BANK

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
hahahah im pretty sure this is illegal
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
^haha word. man someone at the dealership yesterday had a car that someone took the cat out of downtown in broad day light. was a newer rav 4 5 speed sounded kinda manly lol

i dropped the clutch in it let everyone know i got the manly rav4 lol
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
no its completely legal. The guy sells them to some guy in Kentucky or something and they refurbish them or some shit.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
isn't theyre like platinum in the cats too? iirc, there was cats being stolen off cars because of the platinum thats inside or something ghetto like that...
Old 06-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #7
blaze1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blaze1 is making a name for him/her selfblaze1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hhahahahahah

for a moment i thought you guys were talking about real cats

I was thinking "this is just plain wrong"
blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze1 View Post
hhahahahahah

haha yea i was wondering why there was a cat on his hatch
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
Manhitbytran
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Manhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura aboutManhitbytran has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
haha yea i was wondering why there was a cat on his hatch
HAHA, poor used/destroyed cats
Manhitbytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
ya people are jacking cats to get the gold and platinum out. real ghetto!! but prices on that stuff rose crazyly and all bunkness is going down. people will jack them in daylight on the street. saw it on teh_news lol.

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^^^ That is actually the case with a lot of metals, expecially (oddly enough) copper, as of late too.
There was this woman who owns an unoccupied rental property here in NC, someone broke in one day and stole ALL her copper piping and shit to sell for scrap metal, apparently they're getting more for that then they are aluminum these days

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
^^^ That is actually the case with a lot of metals, expecially (oddly enough) copper, as of late too.
There was this woman who owns an unoccupied rental property here in NC, someone broke in one day and stole ALL her copper piping and shit to sell for scrap metal, apparently they're getting more for that then they are aluminum these days
oh yeah, up here in west virginia some rednecks are actually hooking their trucks to old power lines and pulling the lines down for the copper. That and they are going mine diving in old coal mines for the copper there, idiots, that is dangerous.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #13
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
We use alot of copper at work and the left over pieces I recycle them. It is $1.15 per pound at the recycle yard.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
yeh people get electrocuted stealing the copper lines off power lines.

but yeh there is platinum in the cat. i know lots of people who all check the cat if it has it or whatever.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze1 View Post
hhahahahahah

yeah i was totally thinking they meant real cats.

:destroyed cats? haha
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

You couldnt afford him
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #17
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
^^^^^ LMAO!!!!!! ur nutz!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #18
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I read somewhere that something like 1/3 of all the copper believed to exist in the earth's crust has already been mined. The price has skyrocketed in the last few years.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:11 AM   #19
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Awesome. I've got three spares. Sweeeeet.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #20
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Will gutted ones work?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #21
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Will gutted ones work?
Im not sure. I think they have to be in good enough shape to refurbish. He looked inside mine at the honeycomb before he bought it.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #22
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

I'm bringing this back up so anybody that didn't see it could. I just sold him another one today and got $95 for it.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #23
kouki_silvia
Zilvia Member

kouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura about
does he only buy 240 cats? or cats off any car?
kouki_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
why would it matter?

its the same cat in most nissans.

so im guessing cats off any car.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just the other day @ my work, i got a company emaili stating that cat theift is blowing up, about 3 cars got thier cats jacked in the parking lot, all where newer to late model SUVs. The email stated that these thieves are cashing in on the cats due to their worth value..

So will this mean getting smog repairs/replacement parts are going to be pricey in california?? its gonna hurt the economy.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #26
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
My dad's '96 Nissan Pickup's cat was stolen a few months ago(right in front of our house).

I've started to notice lately that most trucks have a shiny new middle section(from being so low, it's pretty easy to see). High chance they got their cat's stolen too.

Most aftermarket cats are cheap for older cars, but expect to pay out of the ass for newer cars.

What I would suggest is, take your car in to a muffler shop. Have them weld 1" of the flange together on both sides.(This is really meant for people with trucks because they are easy targets for thieves.)

That would easily prevent a thief from stealing your cat because it would take too much work and make too much noise to steal your cat.

Most members on here don't have to worry about that though.

My car's too low to gain access to it.

2" clearance on sides, 1" clearance up front.

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #27
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

^^^ ya same here, I can't even get a regular jack under my car. that sucks about your dad's truck

Ive heard cats getting stolen was becoming a problem, but I didn't realize it was becoming a huge thing.

He'll buy any cat as long as it is OEM.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that you go steal cats and sell them to this guy, only ones that you have laying around in YOUR house or the ones off YOUR car.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #28
flclsteve
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
flclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8049576
dam

flclsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #29
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanguy13 View Post
I just sold him another one today and got $95 for it.
I just sold a mint stock s14 dp/cat for 25 bucks. DAMMIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
What I would suggest is, take your car in to a muffler shop. Have them weld 1" of the flange together on both sides.(This is really meant for people with trucks because they are easy targets for thieves.)

That would easily prevent a thief from stealing your cat because it would take too much work and make too much noise to steal your cat.
Theives commonly cut them off, actually, so welding the flange won't really stop them. lol... They either use a Sawzall or this thing thats like a chain with blades on it. You wrap it around the pipe, twist a few times, and you have your cut.

I got a better idea... When I worked for Toyota, we had at least one person a week coming in with a stolen cat. Most often it was the mid-90s V6 4Runners, but every now and then a Taco or Sequioa would come in. Anywho... After we replaced the cat (which was usually covered by the customer's insurance), we'd send the car to the street to our muffler guy, and he'd weld a 16 guage steel plate to the framerails so that you can't get to the cat.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
I had a 93 nissan pickup truck and the cat got stolen out of it.

It was pretty funny. I was halfway awake around 3am going to work, and turned the car on. I almost shitted in my pants!

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote