Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #391
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You don't need a calculator, this is simple mental math.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #392
LS240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Doh! I didn't notice the 10.5 part. I simply read too quickly and thought you wrote 10in for both. Nevermind about that. However; you're all still wrong. Using those two wheel sizes and offsets, the difference is NOT 6mm, it's 19mm, as in the 10.5 +24 will be about 19mm further inboard. Don't believe me? Go use one of the offset calculators. Like this one: http://www.rims-n-tires.com/info_specs.jsp

Think about this. Half an inch is 12.7mm. If it were the same offset, adding half an inch of width would add 6.35mm of backspace. Then add in the 12mm more offset, and it would actually be 18.35mm closer(the calculator just rounds it to 19 I guess)

Edit: Crap my head is just not screwed on right today. That 18.35mm would be the backspacing, making the wheel 18.35mm closer to the suspension, but yes, the outside edge of the wheel would be about 6mm further inside the fender. I guess we're both right, lol.

Last edited by LS240; 04-30-2008 at 03:15 PM..
LS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #393
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
well it's coming together, got sick of waiting wanted to post :P

first I got these:

than these: ( 17x10 +18's all four )

should be ordering tires this weekend... still debating what size ( 255 vs 275 ) mind I have a KA

than I need:
lugs
rotors
and tools to do swap
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #394
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
lol i cant wait to post in here either... the dead line is hopefully this saturday.. SUPPOSE TO BE.. I hate when stuff is backordered
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #395
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
315/35/17 Nitto NT01, Now I'm starting to wish I went bigger than 9.5

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #396
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
You don't need a calculator, this is simple mental math.
Actually, most people DO need a calculator as 90 percent of the offest calculations are WRONG. There would be 100 FEWER stupid questions per day if the "offset calculator" was a mandatory pre-req for signing up on zilvia.

Last edited by gotta240; 05-06-2008 at 11:17 AM..
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #397
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrg

405 series tires. wow.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #398
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
405? You mean 405 width like 255/40/17 = 255 width? Or?

More info? Looks crazy
Old 05-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #399
ant_s13
Leaky Injector

ant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond repute
i would assume that is what he means, as in 405mm wide

looks a bit strange though, like those toy cars Jada or whatever they are..
ant_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #400
a_ahmed
BANNED

/end thread

lol jk, that is killer. Wow
Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #401
a_ahmed
BANNED

Well here's a cell phone pic of what's to come with my car

It looks even better in real life
Old 05-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #402
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
wow, is that photoshopped?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #403
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
should be ordering tires this weekend... still debating what size ( 255 vs 275 ) mind I have a KA
The only problem with the 275's is that they are too tall for the stock gearing. If you still have the stock 4.08 rear end gear then you should use the 255. The 255's will still give up a bit of acceleration though, but not as much as the 275's. If you wanna run the 275's, which you should with 10" wheels, then you should run 4.6 or 4.9 rear end gears. The 4.9 is a bit overkill though and will make first pretty damn un-useable.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #404
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
^ with my stock sr and 215/35/r18 all around i could never hit full boost in 1st gear it just rev up so fast then i would hit full boost in 2nd.

so maybe you mean you will give up a little acceleration because he has a KA.

which is better staying in a gear longer, or having better acceleration?

seems like wiht taller tires you could get going faster in every gear because of that ratio increase. and if you have boost to make up for the acceleration problem then you will be fine.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #405
spool_sample
Zilvia Member

spool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post

Just remember to take the center caps off when you put them on.

Center caps on those wheels look like ugh.
spool_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #406
a_ahmed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
^ with my stock sr and 215/35/r18 all around i could never hit full boost in 1st gear it just rev up so fast then i would hit full boost in 2nd.

seems like wiht taller tires you could get going faster in every gear because of that ratio increase. and if you have boost to make up for the acceleration problem then you will be fine.

Holy shit, why are you running 215s on an 18 + boosted car there's your answer.. plus 35 profile on a 215.. damn

---

Yeah you're kind of right looking at it now, those caps look ugly lol.. hmm what to replace it with?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #407
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post

i didn't have a first gear or half of 2nd with 255/40/17's in the rear
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #408
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
At the track first and fifth really don't count as gears anyways, you are in 2nd-4th the whole time (except when you are leaving the pits or accelerating from a spin). Staying in gera longer is beneficial, but only if you are not giving up too much acceleration. On a boosted car the rear end ratio doesn't seem to be as important as an N/A car because you generally have more power and as long as the motor is on boost you keep accelerating untill you rev out. With a stockish KA gears are VERY important as the motor has no top end power. When I went from 235/40/17 to 255/40/17 there was a noticeable drop in acceleration. The car was still faster overall, but it just seemed to lose some "oomph" coming off the corners. It is for that reason that I chose to run 245/40/17's in the hankook z-214's that I won. I will go up to 275/40/17 eventually, but only after I get the 4.6 gears, Another thing to keep in mind when you up-size your tires dramatically is that you need to learn to drive the car better. All that extra width increases the tire scrub a lot. That means that you have to be smoother with the wheel to avoid scrubbing speed. Any choppy wheel movements will hurt your corner speed noticeably. On higher power cars this is not a problem, but on a stockish KA momentum is EVERYTHING.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #409
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

That's it? LOL. It's a nice tire. I'll try to post up pics this weekend. I have 275 azenis in the front and 315s in the rear.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #410
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
That's it? LOL. It's a nice tire. I'll try to post up pics this weekend. I have 275 azenis in the front and 315s in the rear.
Ya, that's a 9" wheel though... not a 12.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #411
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Quote:
Holy shit, why are you running 215s on an 18 + boosted car there's your answer.. plus 35 profile on a 215.. damn
haha yea i was not wheel/tire savy at the time those are on my accord and the lack of rubber makes for curb rash and bent wheels a constant worry of mine.

i have since bought.

elites 17x9 +15 all the way around.

have a 235/40 front and 275/40 back

havent hada chance to drive with them yet. as my suspension isnt geting here tell thursday.

but i think my gt2871 will more then make up for the loss cause by the taller wheels in the rear
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #412
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
Ya, that's a 9" wheel though... not a 12.
Is that for the front or the rears?
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #413
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Where on earth would you even get 405 series street tires? Are they custom or what?

Edit: Ok I just did some digging and found out those tires are 405/25-24s made by Pirelli. Apparently they were made for super-single applications for 1/2 ton trucks with a dually setup or something like that. They're actually rated for the payload of a 1/2 ton truck. They'd probably fit on my 93 Sierra ROFL! If only someone made a 405 in a 17 or 18 I would be in heaven.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #414
a_ahmed
BANNED

This is the tire:

^This is hot
Old 05-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #415
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
on a 24 inch wheel? really?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #416
LS240
Zilvia Member

That Pantera pic is pure hotness.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #417
ant_s13
Leaky Injector

ant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond repute
haha ^ i notice the Queensland plates on that Pantera, thats probably one of the coolest cars in Aus :P
ant_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #418
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
335 or 345 on the pantera? Thats really wide
Old 05-09-2008, 07:59 AM   #419
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
couple more pics of the shelby up above.

24x16 on the rear and 22x14 up front with air bags 405/25/24's in the rear.. couldnt find the front tire specs

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #420
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Thats just not my style. It doesn't really look driveable. Thats got to be like a 40lb wheel. I bet 2 of my rear wheels are lighter than one of those.