Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #91
-rip it up s13-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
-rip it up s13- is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

17x8.00 215/45/17 front 275/45/17 rear
Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #92
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by -rip it up s13- View Post
Wow thats a big stagger. Does it understeer?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #93
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSVTFlareside View Post
Wow thats a big stagger. Does it understeer?
I would imagine, I have understeer with 235/275 setup.

what would you change to get around that?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #94
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Thank you for keep this thread going everyone

To RedSVTFlareside can you tell me more info on those wheels, like who they are made by etc... They are thus three piece, you can change both front and rear ends ?

Also rip it up welcome Don't lower your car more, it's lame, add more rubber up front instead Improve your car's handling, traction and grip instead of making it slippery Add 245s or 255s or something up front instad.
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #95
-rip it up s13-
Leaky Injector

-rip it up s13- is on a distinguished road
lol alright thx guys for welcoming me.. i have not had any trouble with understeer at all!!! i dont grip with it tho i mainly drift. and i have some 225's i wanna try in the front ill tell you all how they work i dont have the names for the rims idk what they are i got em off craigs list during the swap and they were cheap and look great. and i looove the off set i dont have any spacers in there right now
Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #96
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
Thank you for keep this thread going everyone

To RedSVTFlareside can you tell me more info on those wheels, like who they are made by etc... They are thus three piece, you can change both front and rear ends ?
Thanks for the kind words. They are magnesium center BBS style E26 wheels. Yes, 3 piece. Here's some info and one US rep. Hope it helps you.

http://www.bbs-racing-wheels.com/index.htm

http://www.bobwoodmantires.com/wheels/wheels.html
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #97
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Did anyone have problems with their power steering w/ such massive tires in the front?

I was thinking of going with a 255 or 275 up front, on a 17x10 +12 w/ 20mm over fenders.

Question is, would I fry the PS pump or fluids? I've heard of people boiling their fluid from huge front tires before, and a cooler is just taxing your pump more than it's designed for, so... what's the word?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #98
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are going that big and track your car/or drift alot and shit like that you should run a PS cooler(which being all the lines are hardlines woouldn't be a extremely hard thing to do.

You know the long line that goes from side to side on the S13, it is from what I understand used to cool fluid, thats the only thing I can figure out. Removing that line and installing a small cooler should not put that much strain on the pump.

Also Tie Rods are probably a extremely good thing to do at that size.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #99
hstylez
Zilvia Member

hstylez is on the path to ruinhstylez is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post

Question is, would I fry the PS pump or fluids? I've heard of people boiling their fluid from huge front tires before, and a cooler is just taxing your pump more than it's designed for, so... what's the word?
LOL @ power steering. I hate the false feeling you get from power steering. Remove it.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:34 AM   #100
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Tie rods will be Tein inner and outter, don't worry

And yes, you are correct in that the hardline that goes from the driver's side to the passenger side and back is indeed there to serve as a caveman style cooler.

Not that I don't believe what you're saying KA-T_240, I just want to hear someone that has that huge of tires up front and have done some track events (I've emailed Sasha from SequenceGarage already, hopefully he has some time to email me back) to give me some feedback on the PS issue. But thanks nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstylez View Post
LOL @ power steering. I hate the false feeling you get from power steering. Remove it.
Congrats.

No.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #101
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstylez View Post
Good idea! Or have you driven a car with wider than 215 tires on it and no power steering? How about some r-comps with no powersteering? Didn't think so.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #102
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
No Power Steering = GAY

We ain't talking about a 91 Civic hatch that weighs 2000lbs on 195s.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #103
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
On my fronts 275/30/18 . I have boiled the powersteering on two laps, put in a small cooler no more boiling.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #104
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
where the hell did u get a 275/30/18?? I could not find such a tire at all even 285/30/18 is kind of rare.. yes there are r compound tires but not anything like an rt-615 or re01r or better but not r type tyre...
Old 12-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #105
Adam496
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
Adam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I have Pirelli P zeros in 285/30/18s...tire rack has them. The are just a little pricey
Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #106
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Im sorry it was 275/35/18 azenis rt615 i was talking about
Old 12-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #107
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -rip it up s13- View Post

275/45s on a 17x8?

That does not sound safe AT ALL.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #108
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
holy shit, 275+ on your fronts?

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME

MORE PICS
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #109
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
read it again, 215 front and 275 rear. if they're both on 17x8s it doesn't sound like either is optimal.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #110
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
haha i meant this 275....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
On my fronts 275/30/18 . I have boiled the powersteering on two laps, put in a small cooler no more boiling.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #111
2bad240
Leaky Injector

2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about
s14
atechs 17x9 +27 245/40f 275/40r
street/drag

Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #112
zavala
Leaky Injector

zavala is making a name for him/her selfzavala is making a name for him/her self
i'm thinking of getting some of those a-tech comps in 17x9 +17 how do you like yours? any one know the weight?
zavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #113
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
CAR
s14 stock body just pulled

WHEELS
Work meister S1 3 piece
front
18 by 10 + 18

Rear
18 by 11 + 18

TIRES
front
275/30/18
Rear
315/30/18

SUSPENSION
Tien coilovers
Rear ARms
Solid subframe

ALIGNMENT
front
zero toe
2.5 degrees

Rear
zero toe
1.5 degrees

CARS USE
Drift / Drag / Grip
Pretty much everything but daily

just curious how this set up would be for the street even tho you dont use it for that...car looks badass and Id love to have a similar set up...I would think those 315's would give you more traction on the street...no?
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #114
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll bite... this is for my track wheels/tires

S13

Wheels/Tires
17x9 +35 5zigens
275/40/17 RA-1's

2 degrees camber F/R

Suspension
Front
- Koni 8610 inserts
- Custom Housings (Veilside180sx)
- Tein Camber Plates
- GC sleeves
- 550lb, 6" springs
Rear
- Koni yellows
- GC sleeves
- 400lb, 7" springs
- Tein pillowmounts

Modifications/Spacers
- no spacers currently, might use a 2-3mm spacer if needed
- need to roll/pull front and rear to fit.

Pictures...

-Monty
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #115
a_ahmed
BANNED

Finally I get to see your setup live, but like, 17x9+35 and u fit 275/40/17 up front? I know that the custom coilover setup, the housing is meant to add some clearance, but wow?.. no spacers?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 AM   #116
Gumballf355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Gumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gumballf355
Looks like he made extended lower perches?? Lets hear more!
Gumballf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #117
a_ahmed
BANNED

If my calculations are right... and of course calculations are always wrong... well most of the time in real life...

a 18x10.5+15 with 295/30/18 would be 1mm shorter in backspace (further away from coilover) than mcoy's setup, sidewall would be 21mm shorter, tire would be 17mm shorter (wow), it would stick out 30mm further out so widebody would be required.. but speaking of the inside.. it would basically have same/better clearance...

thats nuts... 18x10+15 = enkei rpf 1 or volk se37k... like omg lol
Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #118
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Finally I get to see your setup live, but like, 17x9+35 and u fit 275/40/17 up front? I know that the custom coilover setup, the housing is meant to add some clearance, but wow?.. no spacers?
Thanks. With an 8" spring I had to use 10mm spacers, so it was a combination of the custom housings and the location of the spring perch that allow me to run this setup without spacers.

Quote:
a 18x10.5+15 with 295/30/18 would be 1mm shorter in backspace (further away from coilover) than mcoy's setup, sidewall would be 21mm shorter, tire would be 17mm shorter (wow), it would stick out 30mm further out so widebody would be required.. but speaking of the inside.. it would basically have same/better clearance...
You'll have 1mm more clearance from the wheel/strut and stick out an addition 39mm. Also with the tire having a smaller diameter than mine, you won't have as much of an issue keeping the perch above the tire.

Last edited by McCoy; 12-31-2007 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: added calculations for wider 18" wheel
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #119
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
wheelweights.net

back on topic now please...

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #120
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Could I fit a 225/45/17 on a 17x7.5 wheel or would it be too wide?