Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
S-Chassis Nostalgia (NO BANDWAGGON JUMPERS!!)

This thread is for the true OG S-chassis people. Enjuku posted up a pic of his drag S13 and it really got me tripping down memory lane...

I would like the people that have aquired thier S-chassis BEFORE all the hype, before they had a honda and switched over, before Tokyo drift, before Formula D, D1, Red Bullcrap, even before Initial D was big in the states.

Now I don't really conscider myself a true OG, more like a Jr. OG. I wanted a 240 since I was 11 or 12, When the S14 came out it was my achievable "dream car".

Post pictures of when you first got your car, sunk wheels and all...Horrible body kits, gay wings, full of that 90's and for some of you fossils 80's styling flavor.

Please if you are brand new, PLEASE dont ruin the thread with a brand new pic. I wanna see scanned grainy photos!

TRUE, ORIGINAL S-CHASSIS LOVERS...
Have at it...
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We did something similar to this in the Premium Members Section back in January. Cool Thread.

Here's my submission, though I may not be "OG" enough. It's only 2002.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, thats what I'm looking for. Ill post mine when I get to my old comp. You beat me by a few years anyway.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
i'd post pictures of my car from 7years ago, but I have to get the scanner hooked up haha.
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I got into 240's in 2000... I was 13... Obviously I couldn't afford one then. When I finally could afford one, they became what they are now.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Anybody who was anybody in SoCal had a JSPEC.COM sticker on their car.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #7
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I can try to find pics, but in elementary and middle school (as early as 1995), my friend's brother had a red pignose s13 coupe that was slammed, had some mesh wheels, and exhaust. It was love at first sight for me.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undercoverdjay
Bought from the original owner as seen in pics. My only addition was the enjuku clear signals and the konig impact wheels at the time.

Has since been changed around...a LOT. RHD, S15 front, origin kit, etc etc... But heres reppin 2001 baby.

undercoverdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
SloPokS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
SloPokS13 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I wish i could post a picture of mine. I had a 93' coupe,red,auto with the fake convertible top! YES! fake convertible top! i was 18 when i had that car and didnt even know what i had at the time. then i picked up my second coupe from Ken at enjuku. it was a stripped out black coupe with ICW wheels! i'll have to see if i still have pictures of it!
SloPokS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
2003/2004 status! lol. This is my car when i was a senior in high school. I got the car when i was 15 and didnt even have a license. It had 15x8 weds sport mesh wheels i bought for $75 from a 280z owner and an sr20 swap wich back then was big news!

rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Damn, I cant find any decent shots...only thing I got are the really old pix I got from Cardomain.

Circa 2000 (The days when finding parts for the car was a fucking pain in the ass!!!)

Circa 2003 (Still pain in the ass finding parts)

Circa 2005 (JDM Mad dorifto parts galore and car got its SR swap)

Circa 2006 (flat black then repainted ) until it was sold end of the year

Painted and when it was sold end of 06

The most memorable shot of the car that will forever be ingrained in my head when I reminisce of the car: (one of the norcal meet/drive w/ Evan, Anthony and the rest of norcal guys)

PS: Who ever took the above picture...THANKS FOR THE MEMORY!!! (thats if he ever sees it, cant remember who it was).

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13
circa 2002.

NeedCAforS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #13
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

My first 240sx I paid $600 for cause the idle wasn't right!
Sweet deal. Paid $900 for these high offset fake-o's w/tires.(what the hell is offset?
I even got lowering springs from eibach. you can see the amazing results!haha
I also got the dual tip exhaust for free from friend.
I thought I was the shit with these rims.hehe.
But hey at least I loved her.
Got this in I think 2003. Kinda read here and there about 240's. Had an Integra before that that was stolen. And before that a '94 Altima.
Jeez, I remember I thought 240's were piles of crap when I had the Altima, like "those things are not that fast,why would anybdy buy one?"hahaha
Now I love the S-chassis.
It was also when Daijiro Yoshihara's "jdm s13 silvia" was featured in a magazine and blew my mind!
Then I moved to California, so on and so forth.
hope I qualify for this, it feels nostalgic.
Based on how clueless I was when I started, and noow the S-chassis has taught me how to work on car's. (like I had a choice! read"tough love")
Old 12-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #14
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
its not old enough, my older pics are film... to lazy to find the pics.

brian note the jspec sticker on my windshield lol!!!
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #15
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My first 240... also my first car LOL.
Puttin Tein springs on...

LOL Gangsta sleepy eyes

Oh man... good times in that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #16
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Ugh.

Some pics of the hatch when I bought that I started drifting in.

The one before that, my first car I bought when I was 15

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #17
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto

4x4, replacing the trans. don't ask me what year it was....it was back in the day though.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #18
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13
florida's first dg event, 2004. s-techs with soooo much body roll. haha.

NeedCAforS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
heres my first 240 my red hatch it was bone stock i flew to dallas and drove it back, i loved my hatch but i ended up getting rid of it shortly after i got my Kouki in 07 but i must get another one day. These pics are from back in 03 i believe.

Heres my kouki i picked up in 07 and is my current S chassis i swaped some parts over from my 13 and the sr before selling my s13 shell.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Summer of 1999

Winter of 2001/2002

Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #21
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wow, "nostalgia" is already a subjective thing apparently...
Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #22
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
I dont have any bone stock pics, but i bought it summer of 2003 for 2k with only 112,000 miles. Then it lookied like this by summer 2004.

THATS RIGHT! BMagic front bumper only, no sides or rear! eibach springs! fail 17x7s! straight welded fake titanium muffler! I didnt care, i thought my shit was slick!

Back in the day dyno meet. LOL. everyone was stock NA mostly.

Then I lost the car to Katrina
The water line on my car, which was lifted up 7 ft on a rack.

My stockers i used as drift spares/ autox wheels.

my parts car

Bought this November 2005 to replace the blue one

That got rearended by a cop and pushed my into a Dominos delivery girl

Sold it to my friend and got this

and now it looks like this

TUnity2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
prodigy212718
Zilvia Member

prodigy212718 is on the path to ruinprodigy212718 is on the path to ruin
dam i wish i had pics of my s12's from circa 2000 lol... no contributions from former honda owners haha:ghey:
prodigy212718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #24
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
wow, "nostalgia" is already a subjective thing apparently...
Yep, I don't think I've been around long enough to be considered nostalgia, but people who got in the game long after me were posting, so why the fuck not.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #25
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Or have your car on his website! haha.

Old Shine St meet:

When I got my coupe!:

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Nardi in the S30, before it was the cool thing to do. Everyone used to rag on the "boat steering wheel" hah
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #27
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy212718 View Post
dam i wish i had pics of my s12's from circa 2000 lol... no contributions from former honda owners haha:ghey:

I was going to say that but I didn't want to hurt feelings lol.

Come on guys, I know there are some people who have been on this site since it was created, and some who have had thier S BEFORE that. Post up.

Stories of how you fell in love...
...first memories...post all that fab stuff with your pics...

sheesh am I the only one that misses the early-mid 90's (lat 80's even)?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #28
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In high school (95-ish) I wanted an s13 coupe soooo bad. My dad told me "No, they are too expensive!" hahahah

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Haha so true. I had the silverish looking one. Not sure if Sam came out with a different color (plain white ?)

I got my 1st 240 in 98. Im trying to find pics. Do registrations count because I might have that ? haha
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #30
240trainee
Post Whore!

I know the one I had was reflective white/ silver or whatever.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift