Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #91
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #92
camry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
camry is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i bought my first 240sx last year. Finally saved enough money for one but I've wanted one since 1999/2000. Back when you could easily buy one for less than $1000 and no one knew what drifting was.
camry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #93
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
not as cool...

Ahh yes, my vert and my coupe.
Unfortunately Sold the vert *regrets*
But still have the coupe!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #94
DRFTWHORE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Got the car in november 04'

Best day of my life i was so happy summer of 05'

Had to keep the meshies just incase i found a nice parking lot...lol wow

march 06' white bumper, green fender ext. and offwhite paint that was FIRE!

sold the car a month later and now...

picked it up for 1500
rod knock on ka
kts coilovers
megan racing front and rear arms
16x8 0 offset sportmax wheels
nrg quick release with personal wheel
tomie 2-way
cleanest interior ive seen in these cars
86xxx miles on chassis
DRFTWHORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #95
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
wanted a 240 since my dad brought one from the dealer, he had a black coupe in the early 90s. I picked up my first one in early 02.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #96
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
bought the car in june of 96.
hit by a drunk in 2000
some local so cal people might remember it, it was at all the shows back in the day. import showoff, shoreline showoff, hot import daze and nights.
one of the first Cwest front ends in the US at the time

jeff spaulding, no?

i remember this car from back in the day, your engine bay pics are saved in my hard drive because it was inspiration for what i wanted, a very empty motor.

damn.. time flies!

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #97
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
My first S14 was bought new off the lot in October 1995, right before the 96s came out. They didn't have digital cameras back then, I do have a pic of it that my GF blew up and framed for me taken at Christmas that year, lowered on Eibachs with 225/40s on the stock wheels. I still have it hanging on my wall.
The next one, shit there must be a million pictures of it online, from 1997 when it was on 18x7.5, +38 Konig Monsoons to the Villians, to the Advan Siennas, then on to the Volks I have on the new car. I was the first S14 to stick a Supra 3rd brakelight in, that was also 1997, some kid had a picture of it from behind taken in a detail shop and posted it on carmods.com or some dumb site. I don't even know where to look to find any though, I deleted everything when I sold the shell four years ago.
huh?

what?

oh...

you mean THESE pics?

your father,
mike
Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #98
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylindrftr View Post
Parents bought me this in 03 for getting straight A's (yeah I was spoiled I know). Car had a shitload of problems that I didn't know about. Interior had to be rewired ugh...

This is the pic of the day I got my license when I was 16, I don't have any of my older pics on this comp. Sitting next to my friends 356 project which is fully restored now. I had a hula girl hanging off the tow hook until someone stole it, that was the second time, before I had a Kyle doll from SP that came with the car.

i remember this car, the s13 w/ overfenders that sits too high and looks weird because you said something about not being able to drive up the steep driveway at your house, so you needed the extra ride height.

weird, but i still remember all this.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #99
ixfxi
Post Whore!

pics from 1996 when i first bought the shitride with the poo-brown interior, altima hubcaps and all.... god, what was i thinking painting the factory intake and using pipe supplies from home depot for a CAI. oh well, you're only 18 once.

and here's a few for memories lane.. this was my way of temporarily saying fuck women drivers for REVERSING into my fender, for fucks sake.. some women............ (actually, ALL women)

once you fuckup your head gasket from not doing the timing chain/tension replacement properly, there was only one solution: rebuild the upper deck and have fun cleaning it up at the same time. weird, but still fun for the time.
some folks will remember this look. afterall, this is how i still remember my car being (not like the new pics below).. i still have a hard time believing the below car is actually mine. sounds weird but it happens when you do just a big make-over.

from this to this

from this to this

close to being road-worthy again.. oh, so close. cant believe its been down for near 4 years now. im wondering what it will be like to drive a fully built and restored s13 after all these years. i bet it will still rattle, thats for sure.

mike / clearcorners.com

Last edited by ixfxi; 12-11-2008 at 10:20 PM..
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #100
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
This is way back in 2004 when I purchased my car which I still own to this day. I was 17 then and it was my first car. I didnt really know much about 240s, wanted a GST Eclipse but ended up buyin this 240 after test driving it. Coincidentally this is when I also joined Zilvia, so yeah I go way back...

This is a more recent picture, as you can see not much has changed exterior wise, however since then the car is riding on KYB AGXs, Z32 brakes all around, KA has gone turbo, I got a HKS hi-power, Calum-sult ECU, some gauges, Nismo shift knob, and pretty soon my 18" Work S2Rs are coming in. So I will update as soon as that happens.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #101
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

close to being road-worthy again.. oh, so close. cant believe its been down for near 4 years now. im wondering what it will be like to drive a fully built and restored s13 after all these years. i bet it will still rattle, thats for sure.

mike / clearcorners.com
Mike, I swear to god if you don't take your car to the track once it is running I am going to beat you unconscious with a blunt object, steal your wheels and tires, and take them to the track and rape them for all they are worth! Soo fuckin meaty! Me likey!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #102
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Ok, show of hands. Who was at the first US D1GP event in '02 (I believe) at irwindale? I was sooo happy when Tanaguchi crashed in the final run! I was rooting for Ueno and his 86 all day!

Me. my hand is up
Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #103
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoS14 View Post
This is way back in 2004 when I purchased my car which I still own to this day.
Oh damn, you're so oldschool.

What was it like having a 240 before F&F3?
Before D1GP USA... ENDED.

I got my car in '00, and I'm still hesitant to not consider myself a bandwagoneer.

Sorry, anyone posting after '02 is a tried and true bandwagoner.

Doesn't mean you're not in love with and dedicated to 240s - just means you don't qualify for this thread.

And since my dear friend Mikhail requested it:

June or July of '00:
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #104
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
And since my dear friend Mikhail requested it:

June or July of '00:

hey kevin, here is pic YOU took... remember this?

mikhail
Old 12-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #105
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
This is a lie. I've been a fan of the Datsun Z cars ever since I can remember. I had my S13 back in '03, before drifting was 'cool' (or at least I had never heard of it), back when the Honda Civic was the mad shit, when fart cans and park bench wings ruled the highways.... And I bought an S13 at an auction for $800. I just happened to like the car's style, and found Zilvia. Fell in love with the platform, and have owned 240s ever since.

I may not be Zilvia OG, but I'm not a bandwagoner who bought my 240 because it was the cool thing to do. I just happened to stumble upon a car I could afford, gave it a shot, and I've stuck with them ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #106
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

hey kevin, here is pic YOU took... remember this?

mikhail
Fuck yes I do. We were going to go eat and try to get rotors turned or something as I recall. I remember your wonder at how nice your car looked as it was being driven.

Also that pic of my car.. I could probably narrow down when it was taken. Before manual seatbelts, and before adding Z32 brakes, but after 5 lug... I miss the car like that. Oh wait, it's pretty much still the same. HAHA

I assume you remember this:
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #107
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I didn't have my own car until 2005, so I'm 100% not OG. However, I didn't jump on any sort of bandwagon, I didn't even know anything about cars until I bought my first S14. All of my friends were into Civics and shit from middle school but I never got into any of that - nor knew anything about the car "scene". I remember struggling to change a tire, haha! I won't post any pictures because they probably don't belong, I'm just glad I never had a "ricer" phase or a FWD phase or anything else like that.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #108
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Had a gay Celica I couldn't modify in the late 90s.
Saw Intial D and became a sil80 fanboy
Researched intrawebs and found Benson's site
from there I found socal240sx.org
this was early 2000s
finally bought a pignose in early 2002 for ~$2200
friend with a GSR at the Circuit City I worked at
showed me my first Video Option VHS tape
saw the Silvia/180sx special and being dreaming of building a type x 180 since
C's shifter for ~$350 was my first mod
followed by Cusco front and rear strut bars
purchased most of my stuff from PDM Racing back then
first meet was the 2002 National Convention
Remember the epic battles between Henry and just about everyone else on the East coast.
Was at the Drift Showoff standing by the wall when Koguchi was sliding the
red 180 three feet from me.
Was at the first D1 exhibition and a few other drift events before
it got tired.
Missed the first Shine street meet but made the rest
still don't consider myself an old timer though...
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #109
mothon
Zilvia Addict

mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Ill have to scan in pics of my s14 from 03...didnt have a digi cam back then. Oklahoma is like 2 or 3 years behind cali in any kinda trends.

My s13 coupe circa 05

Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #110
ixfxi
Post Whore!

and since harp is having a hard time with his image host (fuck photophucket)

here ya go

seriously.........

seriously.

back in the day, harps car was a TOTAL "wtf machine" i mean, it still fuckin is.

the car is so WEIRD, but you just love it.. admit it. SHIT, back in 1997 NO ONE dared to do shit like this. even rednecks in the midwest dont fuck around like harp.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #111
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Mike, I swear to god if you don't take your car to the track once it is running I am going to beat you unconscious with a blunt object, steal your wheels and tires, and take them to the track and rape them for all they are worth! Soo fuckin meaty! Me likey!
there will be none of that.

okay, maybe some. but no, i didnt just replace EVERY fucking piece (and yes, i mean EVERY fucking piece) of the exterior to go to the track and fuck it up.

if its going to get fucked up, its going to be right here on mulholland drive. at least i'll take out a mansion or two when my car catches fire when i die racing that idiot who crashed his Ferrari Enzo on PCH.

yes, i have plans, big SPLENDIFEROUS plans. opa!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #112
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
99/2000 bitches.

I got my 97 back in senior year of high school.

Too bad it turned into swiss cheese.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #113
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
here's some older shit

lisa, i was there and watched WATCHED richard total JDMRice in vegas. shit was NUTS!

such a DOWNER at that dinner. for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
For a while I don't think Aaron actually OWNED wheels

I think the only wheels he had BOUGHT were the 17x9+15 FN's

Other than that it was just borrowed haha

yes i borrowed so much

pics are on my other computer too lazy to turn on
do it later!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #114
Osmosis
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Osmosis is making a name for him/her selfOsmosis is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Not my s-chassis, but still old. Circa 2001, me and my lil bros first cars. At the time S13's were out of my price range so I bought the red GT-S for $1000 with 98,000 miles on it from a girl I had a crush on who was 2 grades older than me lol She wanted "something fast and cute, like a Del Sol"

I used to love Dj Elektrique and Slidesquad and Benson and Nekopunch and stuff after I got my car. I remember when Slidesquad was in Superstreet and I was like WHOA! These guys made it! Before that I remember having Options magazines, and still having not even SEEN A DRIFT VIDEO and imagining how awesome it would look. That was back in Jr. High in like 98-99 era. 8th grade class trip to Uwajimaya and the Asian art museum and I used all $40 my mom gave me to buy stuff on Japanese drift mags hahaha I had never seen drifting or cars look like that before and was in shock, so I bought everything I could. Still pissed that my BOXES of drift magazines from 98-02 got ruined by moisture and mold.
Osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #115
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
here's some older shit

lisa, i was there and watched WATCHED richard total JDMRice in vegas. shit was NUTS!

such a DOWNER at that dinner. for sure!
richard who? jdm_what?

i dont remember that car.

seriously, these young fucks have NO clue how tight-net the old school community was.. socal 240 list, AMAROK mailing list and all that jazz. we literally shared EVERYTHING. nowadays, i dont want ANYONE knowing shit really about my car/mods/etc.

i cant believe how much shit ive got saved away in this hard drive throughout the years... crazy!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #116
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Aaron,

Here's an old one from back in 02/03ish at Camarillo.

I'm in the passanger seat.

-glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #117
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervGS View Post
99/2000 bitches.

I got my 97 back in senior year of high school.

Too bad it turned into swiss cheese.

-glenn

Hey Mikhail!
I bet you don't remember converting your car to FWD.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #118
ixfxi
Post Whore!

the first drift car IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

and somehow, this turned into a GTR. I cant figure it out...

man time flies!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... just one word: yury

these are from the first 240SX meeting _EVER_

and this was the famous shine street event...
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #119
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
I qualify for this thread then.
Zilvia saved me from becoming a ricer back when I registered.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #120
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

01?

-glenn