Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #1
tater

Trader Rating: (0)
tater is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 $$$$$$$money anyone

just kind of wondering what everone does 4 a living and how they deal with suporting there rides? I am really strugaling to get any thing here lately. Just looking for some idea on how to
get my car going again. oh and if anyone noticed I have no idea how to spell strugaling I hope that at least close lol!
thanks
tater

Last edited by tater; 03-01-2003 at 11:47 PM..
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2003, 11:09 PM   #2
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm a full time college student who raps for change on the weekends. In the summer I work for Houghton Mifflin Book Co. You were fairly close, it's struggling.
btw, this is OT.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
king_johnthegreat

king_johnthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to king_johnthegreat
I sell 240sx turbo kits to make a living; and really love the fact that now, I don't have to make so much because I save much more paying wholesale
John
king_johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
tater

s13

can anyone tell me what that thing is next to the envolop (told ya i cant spell) thanks
Old 03-01-2003, 11:18 PM   #5
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by tater
can anyone tell me what that thing is next to the envolop (told ya i cant spell) thanks
Whatcha talkin about Willis?
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #6
tater

on the chat page there is something on the left of the screen
Old 03-02-2003, 12:16 AM   #7
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

The little blue envelopes? If there's a white thingy sticking (I think it's a piece of paper) out of it, it means there are new posts in that thread since you're last visit to that particular thread. If there is no white thingy, then there are no new posts since your last visit. If there are little lines (I think there are 5) around the top of the blue envelope, it means it's a "Hot Topic"--more than a certain number of views or posts brings that up.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Old 03-02-2003, 01:17 PM   #8
jerzee

jerzee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jerzee
im a college student also who works at a video store for minimum wage cuz no one else wants to hire me and im still trying to save for my 240....
Old 03-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #9
WaKeMaN
Leaky Injector

WaKeMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm actually a grad student... going for my Ph.D. in Chemistry...
So it'll be at least four more years before I get to do what I want to my 240...

I'm so broke I have to buy generic ramen noodles...

...ughhh...

I'm just another one of the ever growing list of V8 defectors.
WaKeMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 03:19 PM   #10
MorganS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MorganS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm a worthless college student with no job... no one around here is hiring, i've applied to at least 8 different places with nothing
MorganS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:49 PM   #11
Apparition
Zilvia Junkie

Apparition is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Apparition
University student, and I can't even make enough money in the summer to pay tuition. Seems like most college/uni students are having problems making ends meet. Good ol debt.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:43 AM   #12
dorifto240
Leaky Injector

dorifto240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to dorifto240 Send a message via AIM to dorifto240
Im currently taking a year off before I go to tech. school next year and I work at a video-game store full-time...... fun stuff
Old 03-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #13
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Here's one for ya:

I'm a software engineer for a government contractor. I live comfortably.

And I probably have the STOCKEST (is that a word?) 240SX here Original OEM shocks even...

I could splurge and mod the car, but I'm saving to go back and get my MSEE. Thinking of selling a car even (don't worry, the GTI...)
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:42 AM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Full time student, Aviation Systems Technologies eats away at 30 hours of my week (6 hours a day) and I work for AT&T wireless in customer care for another 40 of the week to pay for the stuff I break on the weekends, but the car is paid for...

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:41 AM   #15
christopher
Zilvia Member

christopher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by thelinja
I'm a full time college student who raps for change on the weekends. In the summer I work for Houghton Mifflin Book Co. You were fairly close, it's struggling.
btw, this is OT.

Ha, I knew I wasn't the only rapper driving one of these. I rap for a living, and I am living, barely.

I pay for my 240 habit with money that I make from shows and if I really need something done, I swallow my pride and go to one of those ghetto daily work daily pay places. Minimum wage is not a definition they are familiar with. Oh, I also sell beats for money. Thelinja, got beats?

89 coupe
Red top SR
Blown Stereo....

Last edited by christopher; 03-03-2003 at 09:45 AM..
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #16
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Quote:
Originally posted by 96SEChick
Whatcha talkin about Willis?
AHAH my last name is willis, you have no idea how often i get that.

Well i work at Fedex as a lowley truck loaded making 9.50, granted im still in Highschool and am going to go to college soon. But i pays the bills, even thought its hard work.
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #17
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
desk job phone compnay
great paycheck
car getting to point i enjoy it ALOT and no need to spend so much $_$ on it

going great
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:36 AM   #18
Thurazor
Zilvia Member

Thurazor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Thurazor
I unload trucks at Wal-Mart. I actually get paid very well and time goes by quick because I'm constantly working. The only downside is you gotta work shirtless in the Summer or you drench your shirts in sweat.

3S Hybrid
[img]too.big.jpg[/img]
"Mandies, sandies, peppermint candies, we do it right and we drink a lot of antifreeze." - Group X
Thurazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:45 AM   #19
RedSuns
Nissanaholic!

RedSuns is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RedSuns
i get payed 30K a year to sit on zilvia and freashalloy.......
1991 240SX
1974 260Z
1996 Honda CBR 600 F3
RedSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:44 AM   #20
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Me too. Monday thru Friday...it's hard work!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:22 AM   #21
Titan
Zilvia Junkie

Titan is an unknown quantity at this point
High school student here. I work for a painting contractor over the weekends. Soon to be in university, that'll eat up alot of money and time.

Sleep Doesn't Drink Beer
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #22
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
college student work summers and sell **** during school to pay for car habit. ie parts from cars, blood plasma ($200 per month), i wish we had a sperm bank up here i would rake in mad cash anyone else know of easy ways to pick up cash??
the head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:42 PM   #23
b_dyche

b_dyche is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to b_dyche Send a message via AIM to b_dyche Send a message via Yahoo to b_dyche
Until I leave for Navy Bootcamp I work for JC Penney in the Cascade Mall... pay is pretty good, + benefits, + paid time off, + decent discount... life is pretty good... not complaining anyway, 18 (almost 19) with my own apartment, 2 cars, and almost 0 debt...

During the summers I work my @$$ off driving tractors & bucking hay during my time off (and I usually put my regular job on the back-burner during summer - work 2-3 days a week and work hay the rest of the time)...

I was going to college (SVC - community college, baby!) but I finished there and don't want to spend the $$$ for university, so I'm just chillin' until I ship out in June...
Old 03-04-2003, 03:35 PM   #24
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
I scan medical records then sort them by date on a computer. Nothing more frustrating then sorting a 600 page medical record, then you have to put the pages into 3 subcategories; office notes, labs, diagnostics. And if I don't do that job, I'm in the call center making calls to doctors' offices and hospitals to obtain the records. Boring job. I need to move on.

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:44 PM   #25
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by whateverjames
I scan medical records then sort them by date on a computer. Nothing more frustrating then sorting a 600 page medical record, then you have to put the pages into 3 subcategories; office notes, labs, diagnostics. And if I don't do that job, I'm in the call center making calls to doctors' offices and hospitals to obtain the records. Boring job. I need to move on.
I'd think you would get paid pretty decent for that though. Most medical records jobs pay pretty well here in Tulsa.

Old 03-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #26
tater

s13 money

well If any one is wondering. I am an upolsterer for a aircraft company here in Cahokia. I am currently making 12.50hr and tring to pay my house note and all the other bills. Word of advice children rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr expensive!!! I am married 1 kid and 1 an the way. how would u like to be doing this at 22? any I pay for my car by floor laying on the side. times are r tight, that is why I started this thread. so lol to everyone. and good luck!!
tater
Old 03-04-2003, 09:25 PM   #27
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

I work for Enterprise RentaCar. I have for 1.5 years now. I graduated college May '01 w/ a degree in Computer Graphics. When I started college in '94, that field was BOOMING in Tulsa. I knew I could do well financially and emotionally enjoy the hell out of it. I wound up taking the 7-year-plan to college, and was sooo lucky to find a job starting the week after graduation in the field--not doing the computer work, but proofing before it went to press (it was a decal/sticker design company). Of course, I quit m current job w/ no notice (told the boss he could go fock himself 'cause he was a total jerkoff). The problem was: I was hired during the busy season, and w/in 2 months, the large jobs (like Sony and Pennzoil and Mobil 1) were being finished and they started cutting hours. I was only getting paid $9/hr w/ no overtime to begin with. I had just bought my car a few months before, had school loans to pay, and my rent/bills. I was barely scraping by--borrowing sometimes up to $200/month from my bf.

There were no graphics jobs available at this time!! The only ones that were open, required 5 years or more ON THE JOB experience!! What the hell! I had a decent portfolio at the time, so I submitted resumes & CD's, but I never got a single phone call back because I didn't have the required years of experience. So, it was either get a job not related to my degree, or sell my car. Selling the car was NOT an option!!

So, Chris worked for ERAC, and said they were hiring. I got hired immediately with my previous sales and customer service experience. The pay is only like $8.71/hr, but we work over 50 hrs/week, so the overtime rocks! I still need more money/month, but I'm still slimming down on some misc expenses. My car repairs have taken a decent chunk out of whatever extra I've had from paychecks, so that's why I haven't modded the car yet. Hopefully, I'll find a better paying job w/in my degree, or get promoted & make $400/month more than I am right now.

The economy sucks ass!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 09:40 PM   #28
tater

Quote:
[QUOTE} THE ECONOMEY SUCKS
[/QUOTE]
SORRY ABOUT SPELLING. ANYWAY THIS STATEMENT IS 100% TRUE WHAT 1000%
Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 PM   #29
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
Quote:
I'd think you would get paid pretty decent for that though. Most medical records jobs pay pretty well here in Tulsa.
Well I need to move to Tulsa then. haha. What's the starting pay? Just wondering.

Quote:
I was barely scraping by--borrowing sometimes up to $200/month from my bf.

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes

Last edited by whateverjames; 03-04-2003 at 11:58 PM..
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #30
DarkRaptor42
Zilvia Junkie

DarkRaptor42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im a FULL TIME College student with a part time pizza delivery job. Hey dont knock it. I bring home $20-30 in untaxable income everyday Thats how I get by day to day, the pay checks pay for the car, slowly but surly. I just wish my manifold would get out of the shop.

The jobs hell on my escort though. And schools hell on my mind.
R.I.P. KA-T
www.209forums.com
DarkRaptor42 is offline   Reply With Quote