Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
LeonTheProfessional
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
LeonTheProfessional is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$1,000 for chargespeed kit worth it?

sorry dunno if this is the right section for this, but im not sure if this fits in the martetplace section but anyways.

My 14s paint is dying its killing me...my front bumper is messed up front a few minor accidents. I've been savin up for a decent paint job quite awhile ago but just don't have the time to take the car to get painted (i kinda wanna be there when they are painting it cz i heard of a lot of horror stories of paint shops just destroying the car) so i can see what they are doing. Im finall freed up but within that time my friend eff up my bumper opened his car door to it and my hood cave in a lil after someone back up into me at a parking lot. So i decided to get a body kit instead b4 getting my car all painted up and nice again. So i came accross the complete charge speed kit front side and back for about 1k and i would take my time and search the forums for seperate kits but i don't really have the time so is it worth to just buy everything at once? and quality wise how good is the chargespeed?

heres the full kit listed on this site http://www.more-japan.com/product.ph...cat=936&page=1

but heres some pics of my car

started out just a size of a quarter but the cancer spread T.T

when i got back up into

my friend open his car door into my bumper yea i ono how he did it either but he did it

Last edited by LeonTheProfessional; 06-25-2009 at 05:55 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
why not just get a new oem bumper... and then paint it. keep it low pro mann or you could just keep it smashed up like us poor people do. lol paints kinda blah unless u do it yourself anyway. i know i wouldn't take mine to a shop. im learnin how and doin it myself but id say a grand for a kit is steep... have u tried finding a knock off? i mean... if it fits your taste why not find a cheaper 1 that looks the same right?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
LeonTheProfessional
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
why not just get a new oem bumper... and then paint it. keep it low pro mann or you could just keep it smashed up like us poor people do. lol paints kinda blah unless u do it yourself anyway. i know i wouldn't take mine to a shop. im learnin how and doin it myself but id say a grand for a kit is steep... have u tried finding a knock off? i mean... if it fits your taste why not find a cheaper 1 that looks the same right?
true i actually did purchase a knock of kit but when i recieved it there was gaps everywhere and the side skirt there was no way of putting it on to the car unless it was trimmed so i returned it. I mean you get what you pay for ya know what i mean? Plus i think chargespeed has waranty to it or somehting i gotta call em to make sure.
Haha i would learn how to paint myself im always a DIY guy but my garage is full of other car stuff do not want to get over spray on it. Aside from paint i do everything myself.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
people still rock chargespeed , kits
Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
93nismo has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. mindless jargon that you need to ignore

focus

if you buy a kit that costs less than a thousand bucks your most likely getting shit knockoff anyway. if you get a knockoff its gonna fit like ass. even the 1000 kits fit shitty and if you take it to a shop all theyre gonna do is put it on with drywall screws, scuff pad your car and paint it =asswagon

paint shops dont destroy your car... what the hell is that lol
they do a shitty job.
if you want it nice take it to a resto/hot rod shop and pony the dough...or rock shit

edit
make sure your car can even pull off having a kit....
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
LeonTheProfessional
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139 View Post

paint shops dont destroy your car... what the hell is that lol
they do a shitty job.
if you want it nice take it to a resto/hot rod shop and pony the dough...or rock shit
i remember seeing a thread about some guys 350z got EFFED up at a shop?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont like that kit... D MAX!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
chargespeed widebody parts are EXCELLENT.

their kits look like ass IMHO. get version select, origin or whatever else that fits ok and doesnt break the bank
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
my mindless jargon still says keep it stock i suppose id just rather spend a grand on something else. just my opinion
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
you will regret low quality. and the fitment will likely cause you to commit suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #11
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
1000 bucks will get you some DMAX/Version:Select/Origin.

Chargespeed?
Really?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
mazersx
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (32)
mazersx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mazersx
I can get a set for you for $300 brand new. CS KIT! FRP!!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #13
AutoTune
BANNED

AutoTune is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonTheProfessional View Post
true i actually did purchase a knock of kit but when i recieved it there was gaps everywhere and the side skirt there was no way of putting it on to the car unless it was trimmed so i returned it. I mean you get what you pay for ya know what i mean? Plus i think chargespeed has waranty to it or somehting i gotta call em to make sure.
Haha i would learn how to paint myself im always a DIY guy but my garage is full of other car stuff do not want to get over spray on it. Aside from paint i do everything myself.
Death to tanabe! stop maknig bullsdhit new user names!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #14
AutoTune
BANNED

AutoTune is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG you need to be less obvious you are working for tanabe and trying to promate web traffic
Old 06-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #15
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139 View Post
93nismo has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. mindless jargon that you need to ignore
stole the words right outta my keyboard!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #16
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonTheProfessional View Post
i remember seeing a thread about some guys 350z got EFFED up at a shop?
Yeah a low rent shop. Don't use maaco or any of the cheap quickie places. Take it to a real body shop that does good work, and PAY for a good paint job.

You get what you pay for. You pay a grand for a paintjob, don't expect perfection.

I doubt any body shop is going to let you stand there the whole time they are working on your car. The exposure to the chemicals used in the process, alone would be a liability, let alone the other dangers their insurance don't want you around. Get that out of your head.

Not to mention, have you ever tried to work with some douchebag standing over your shoulder the whole time?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #17
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
why pay 1k for a body kit when you could bank it and save up to build an engine? POWER > PAINT.

a car that looks good won't piss off many people, a car that walks on everything that pulls up next to it will piss off everyone.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
LeonTheProfessional
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
why pay 1k for a body kit when you could bank it and save up to build an engine? POWER > PAINT.

a car that looks good won't piss off many people, a car that walks on everything that pulls up next to it will piss off everyone.
its okay i like my ka the way it is and its not my style to piss people off.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #19
roplusbee
Leaky Injector

roplusbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via MSN to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
Yeah a low rent shop. Don't use maaco or any of the cheap quickie places. Take it to a real body shop that does good work, and PAY for a good paint job.

You get what you pay for. You pay a grand for a paintjob, don't expect perfection.

I doubt any body shop is going to let you stand there the whole time they are working on your car. The exposure to the chemicals used in the process, alone would be a liability, let alone the other dangers their insurance don't want you around. Get that out of your head.

Not to mention, have you ever tried to work with some douchebag standing over your shoulder the whole time?
I couldn't help but chuckle at the highlighted text. Like many folks have said here, you will have to either DIY or pay a pretty penny for services or quality items/parts. I have learned about that the hard way myself. The less you pay (not the hookup or used) the more work that is required to make it right. Just food for thought...........

1989 240SX - 1JZGTE | Stance | Apexi GT | LMGT2
Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #20
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wheels + coils > aero

Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #21
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
If i were to spend 1g for "aero" its either going to be a navan bumper and all the other goodies or kouki parts.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #22
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
This thread no longer matters, as the Thread starter is a worthless Tanabe Spammer that is no longer welcome on Zilvia.net.

Closed Thread