Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #91
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20drifter1 View Post
Hey ChaserAero,
Can you make that lip a little more aggressive than the OEM one?Just like the GT1 Motorsports one on the pic below.
I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one like that. I'm in.
that doesn't even look good. belongs at the toilet.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #92
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I heard someone's coming out with a Urethane replica.

For all of those seriously wanting the lip, I'd just wait for that.
That bird told me the same thing this weekend...

Quote:
Hey ChaserAero,
Can you make that lip a little more aggressive than the OEM one?Just like the GT1 Motorsports one on the pic below.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one like that. I'm in.
Well what's stopping you from buying the GT1 one lip?
It's available.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #93
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post

It's available.
People don't like buying real parts anymore. :ghey:
Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #94
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
Oh shit, matej got aero already, i was gonna go get that shipping quote at work tomorrow, i had to measure it.

well, did you still want the rear bumper or anything?

This is Yuta BTW.
Sorry, it was an impulse purchase.
But please PM me how much you would want for the rear bumper shipped.

Last edited by Matej; 01-09-2010 at 11:57 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #95
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
regarding the replica lip....

it sounds like a good idea. but i think that type x will be more played out, but hey its still good looking aero in my eyes.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #96
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

oh dude i was super hoping you would get oem stuff.

can you get chuki sides please?

and yes sir i will find out asap.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #97
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
When was this? I met with him and he didnt mention that. Thats how mine almost broke I didnt think it was going to be long enough to put on
Chris told me this in November of last year. I'm not sure when he made the change though. He test fitted the lip on my bumper and it was kinda tight, but once it was on, it fit really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett
I heard someone's coming out with a Urethane replica.

For all of those seriously wanting the lip, I'd just wait for that.
I am definitely interested in this. I want to get rid of my fiberglass lip, it's so stupid.

Who's the leader of this plan? Is it the arrowhead guy?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #98
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
But the thing is, bromosexual, that Chaser needs the original to make the mold. If somebody could so happen to cut up the bottom of a GT-1 bumper (like the lip in question) and send it to Chaser, they can make it. Otherwise that picture isn't enough to suffice in making the lip.
Hey,
Let's stop calling each other names and make this thread go bad. Let's treat each other with respect like we're supposed to. My friend has a complete GT1 kit, and I know that they need a copy of the lip to make one. GT 1 has a 180sx replica lip and a complete bumper that's connected to the lip like the one I've posted. Let's keep this clean.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #99
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post

It's available.

No, actually that lip is a custom one-off peice. The GT1 lip is a FRP replica of the kouki lip.

I would be in for a GT-1 kit style lip. I was planning on making one myself.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #100
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post

it sounds like a good idea. but i think that type x will be more played out, but hey its still good looking aero in my eyes.
Wait, you think it's not played out!?

cycles my man
everything has been played out at least once in the s-chassis world

Hell, I'm still reeling from the S14 kouki bandwagon of a few years back
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #101
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
No, actually that lip is a custom one-off peice. The GT1 lip is a FRP replica of the kouki lip.

I would be in for a GT-1 kit style lip. I was planning on making one myself.
Ahh... I was going by that pic posted which looks like a more aggressive lip
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #102
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:

Fuck yeah Mary Kay SPEEDY DELIVERY

Old 01-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #103
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post

hot road and gt-1 still haven't had there day in the spot light.

there are still more trends to see.

GP - Gzero is my favorite right now. not too many use it.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #104
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Perfect, thanks!

Now I just need to research what kind of witchcraft it requires to hook up the turn signals and running lights.

All you need is the 180sx amber and clear turn signal with wires. Extend the wires to connect the side clear wires to the top square 180sx bumper lights and the amber wires to the bottom round amber lights on the bumper on your picture.It's just plug and play. The only modification you will do is extend the wires.
Here is a picture of the 180sx amber and clear turn signals that I'm talking about on CamryBronze car.

Pm me if you need more details.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #105
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
yutabuildscoolcars.jpg
Old 01-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #106
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #107
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Love that license plate Yuta.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #108
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hey,
Let's stop calling each other names and make this thread go bad. Let's treat each other with respect like we're supposed to. My friend has a complete GT1 kit, and I know that they need a copy of the lip to make one. GT 1 has a 180sx replica lip and a complete bumper that's connected to the lip like the one I've posted. Let's keep this clean.
Lol, I'm guessing you've never seen Pineapple Express. Disregard "bromosexual" from the rest of the post then.

WITH RUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #109
TheWayItGoes909
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
TheWayItGoes909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
my contribution

Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #110
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
All you need is the 180sx amber and clear turn signal with wires. Extend the wires to connect the side clear wires to the top square 180sx bumper lights and the amber wires to the bottom round amber lights on the bumper on your picture.It's just plug and play. The only modification you will do is extend the wires.
Thank you, that sounds a lot simpler than I imagined it would be!
Although now I will have to buy those turn signals just for the harness, gosh darn kouki 180SX haha.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if my turn signals came with any wires or sockets. Although since they look orange, there might be sockets with amber bulbs in them after all? I'll have to check. If not, hopefully the sockets from the USDM or the half-clear chuki lights will work.

By the way, are the kouki turn signals dual-function by any chance, where they stay lit like the USDM turn signals, and flash brighter? Or are they single-function like the rear turn signals, where they're only on when flashing?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #111
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
From what I understand, they're only single function (only come on when you turn on hazards/turn signals). Position lights are always on, though.

Quote:
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Old 01-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #112
ill.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory Kouki is single function.

D-MAX makes dual function ones though...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #113
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ I think he is asking if the turn signals are dual function, not the position lights. I may be mistaken though...

Hey, my car. lol. I didn't get the wiring with my signals unfortunately, so I will need to figure this out at some point as well. I bet RussellM could get the harnesses from the kouki front... might take forever though. Maybe I will shoot him a PM.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #114
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
HOT- THREAD 2000

you can modify your usdm oem bulbs to work in 180sx position lights. i just cut the hole in my dmax lights to fit the stock bulbs and sealed them with electrical tape.

thats another option.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #115
Matej
Post Whore!

For now I will see how the dual-function USDM turn signal socket fits and possibly use the kouki turn signals as the running lights & turn signals, so they can always be on.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #116
Nissan Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nissan Junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, someday I will have Kouki aero.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #117
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Thank you, that sounds a lot simpler than I imagined it would be!
Although now I will have to buy those turn signals just for the harness, gosh darn kouki 180SX haha.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if my turn signals came with any wires or sockets. Although since they look orange, there might be sockets with amber bulbs in them after all? I'll have to check. If not, hopefully the sockets from the USDM or the half-clear chuki lights will work.

By the way, are the kouki turn signals dual-function by any chance, where they stay lit like the USDM turn signals, and flash brighter? Or are they single-function like the rear turn signals, where they're only on when flashing?

The bulb is clear the light itself is amber

From what I know the turn signal only blinks and the parking lights ( the clear ones) are on all of the time

Mine did not come with wires but did come with sockets. I just wired it directly to the socked using a sodering gun (I dont know how to spell that). To figure out what does what cut one wire on the US socket (that is not the ground) then turn on your hazards or headlights to see what function that wire controlled. Atleast thats what I did.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #118
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
So I think this is on topic... if not, mods can delete it.

I'm still waiting on my Kouki front end from Japan, but I have the pics they sent me before it shipped. Do you guys think this crack can be repaired by a body shop?

I am guessing that it can be, but I would like some other opinions. If it can't be, I can always buy a new oem front bumper- but I'd love to save this one. Obviously I would want to do it right (i.e. no zip ties). It's funny, it looks like the turn signals were cleared out as well... I ordered new oem turn signals and position lamps, since one of the lamps was cracked and the signals are cleared out.

It was pricey, but I really wanted that OEM front lip.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #119
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
repair it yourself, look for the guys thread who repaired his urethane kouki lip

its not too hard
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #120
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Run NO turn signals and the DMAX position lights.

Looks MUCH better, in my opinion.

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Closed Thread