Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #121
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Any word on how much a Chase Bays KADE harness is going to be?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #122
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I have not gotten my bill yet but I think just the harness is going to be around $550
Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #123
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^^^my god $550 granted that it is quality stuff. Gotta pay the bills to roll with the big dogs
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #124
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
pay to play...and im willing to put down if the work is worthy...hence why ima troll my ass down to Jordan Inovations once i get time....

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #125
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangonwWarrior View Post
I have not gotten my bill yet but I think just the harness is going to be around $550
That's actually not that bad do you know when he's planning to start selling them?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #126
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it costs to be the boss...
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #127
xs042lol
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
xs042lol is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSilS14 View Post
not mine but a cousin's. Pretty neat stuff.
jesus christ thats one sexy s2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
My old civic

My friend Toby's engine bay...I guess he's doing a real tuck/shave sooner or later.

i some day wish to own a coolant reservoir tank that clear and coolant that perfectly green. Ugh, mines rust colored and oily. I have a leak some where but am too broke, inexperienced to find it
xs042lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #128
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
There are quite a few manufacturers for "bulkhead connectors" (Mil-C-5015 equivalent for the most part), but as with all mil-spec parts, you have to have a deep understanding of the part numbers to make sure the parts you order work together, and work for your application.

I use different specs for each engine, because KA's need less pins than CA's or SR's, which need less pins than RBs, which need less pins than LSx's. I prefer to use one connector (which is made of many pieces) for the upper and lower engine harness, then another smaller one for the front chassis wiring, and finally a Marinco connector for 4ga main power.

If you guys want to tackle your own bulkhead connectors and tucked harnesses, I can certainly use my accounts to get you good deals on the materials... just shoot me a PM with a detailed description of your goal and I can list out a 'kit' of what I'd use and give you some pricing.

Did you ever think of making a pre made harness.

Lets say i want one for a sr what would it run me. Plug and play all i got to do is romove the old and in with the new.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #129
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
^ $265 plus shipping iirc
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #130
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post

All i know is if he can make me one with the fire wall connector i will pay for it.

The build

Old 06-26-2010, 02:50 AM   #131
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
pay to play...and im willing to put down if the work is worthy...hence why ima troll my ass down to Jordan Inovations once i get time....
Yup yup. Formula D tested, driver approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
Did you ever think of making a pre made harness.

Lets say i want one for a sr what would it run me. Plug and play all i got to do is romove the old and in with the new.
Yeah I have, but I'd like to have all new connectors and pins. It's a slow process, but I've collected injectors, CAS, o2 sensor, and a couple others, just need MAF plugs I think. For a brand new, tucked and loomed harness with Mil-spec 200*C wire and flame retardant loom, and a bulkhead connector for the upper and lower harnesses, you'd be around $1000.

Quote:
Haha, I charge more than that just for the bulkhead connector, without the labor to pin it.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM   #132
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah I have, but I'd like to have all new connectors and pins. It's a slow process, but I've collected injectors, CAS, o2 sensor, and a couple others, just need MAF plugs I think. For a brand new, tucked and loomed harness with Mil-spec 200*C wire and flame retardant loom, and a bulkhead connector for the upper and lower harnesses, you'd be around $1000

one day i will have you do it. i love your work and i know its done rite

The build

Old 06-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #133
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
^^FRESH^^

msglgnth

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #134
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Haha, I charge more than that just for the bulkhead connector, without the labor to pin it.
im not talking about what you and chase do, i'm just saying for an oe style plug and play harness from the s13 or s14 chassis to an sr or rb harness etc
Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #135
aaronbaird
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
aaronbaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aaronbaird
heres mine... tucked the fuseboxes and most of the engine harness. the only wiring is at the back of the motor where it goes into the firewall.

aaronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #136
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
im not talking about what you and chase do, i'm just saying for an oe style plug and play harness from the s13 or s14 chassis to an sr or rb harness etc
Why bother with that when wiring specialties has em ready to order? seems pointless to go that route with jeff or chase. Their specialties are custom tucked harnesses instead of oem drop ins. Which eliminate useless shit and are more directed towards what you need and actually use.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #137
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Om1kron, go look at how many times people say they regret trying to do the wiring on their own or hacking it up.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/269371-what...our-240-a.html

If you can get it done for $500 for the whole thing is a great price IMO. If they start to streamline this and put it out on the market I'd go that route.

I would really love to eliminate the wiring mess that is under the hood, and the previous owner did some janky job around the fusebox, ugh.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #138
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I agree with Om1kron, go look at how many times people say they regret trying to do the wiring on their own or hacking it up.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/269371-what...our-240-a.html

If you can get it done for $500 for the whole thing is a great price IMO. If they start to streamline this and put it out on the market I'd go that route.

I would really love to eliminate the wiring mess that is under the hood, and the previous owner did some janky job around the fusebox, ugh.

Yeah I am one of those people who fails at wiring and seems like every 240 I get has a hacked harness and for some reason even the body harness was hacked on the last one

I gave up on wiring then I found out chasebays was right down the street so I dropped off all my problems there ha. Cant wait til I get her back
Old 06-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #139
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Quote:
Yeah I am one of those people who fails at wiring and seems like every 240 I get has a hacked harness and for some reason even the body harness was hacked on the last one

Oh how you and I live the same life.

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #140
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
wiring is like building a computer, only it's a doll house sized computer case.

the processor chip is the ecu, engine the hard drive, lights = leds, everything else is up to you what you want to keep or remove.

There is a ton of stuff I could've removed but I couldn't find what it was in the FSM. They don't even have schematics for the oem wiring for the egr system which is bundled with your tail light wiring.

can't wait to go to stage 3 and just remove all excess from my cars life.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #141
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Why bother with that when wiring specialties has em ready to order? seems pointless to go that route with jeff or chase. Their specialties are custom tucked harnesses instead of oem drop ins. Which eliminate useless shit and are more directed towards what you need and actually use.
thats who i'm referring to. wiring specialties is $265 for an sr into s13 for example
Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #142
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bshotts
Couldn't be happier with the quality/reliability of my Wiring Specialties S13SR to S14 harness. Their customer service (basically same-hour response time directly from Yuri) is out of this world, and their start-up guarantee was 100% correct. OEM-style harnessing and appearance and reliability is hard to beat especially for their pricing...
Zoom in a little more, it's not blurry enough.
bshotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #143
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
wiring is like building a computer, only it's a doll house sized computer case.

the processor chip is the ecu, engine the hard drive, lights = leds, everything else is up to you what you want to keep or remove.

There is a ton of stuff I could've removed but I couldn't find what it was in the FSM. They don't even have schematics for the oem wiring for the egr system which is bundled with your tail light wiring.

can't wait to go to stage 3 and just remove all excess from my cars life.

I felt the same as you. That is why I now have a full painless chassis harness which I will be using to replace the oem Nissan since I've gotten rid of all the bs stuff. Now it's just the essentials with power windows. I was in shock about how cluttered the Nissan harness is.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 AM   #144
s13coupe1988
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s13coupe1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
where can i buy that wrap from can someone give me a link... thanks
Quote:
Chasebays CM1 wiring harness

Chasebays brake booster delete kit

Chase bays ka24de harness in development

Cant wait for it to look like this

s13coupe1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 AM   #145
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupe1988 View Post
where can i buy that wrap from can someone give me a link... thanks
Manufacturer is called TechFlex

https://www.wirecare.com/land_SleevingMain.asp
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 AM   #146
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5

not really as good as all you guys and stuff but i do all of my own work, pretty stoked on it
Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #147
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbaird View Post
heres mine... tucked the fuseboxes and most of the engine harness. the only wiring is at the back of the motor where it goes into the firewall.

Friend sent me this:

Need Tylenol now...
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #148
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It somewhat defeats the goal of tucking an engine bay if one paints it a color scheme that makes it seem busier than it looked stock. I am no good at working on cars, so I would need a map to find the engine in there.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #149
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Friend sent me this:

Need Tylenol now...
Familiar!

We will have a lot of pictures and good news for everyone later on this week. Releasing all of our Nissan stuff, ready to order.
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #150
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
what size do you want for the wire sleeving and how many feet of each size? for an sr?
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote