Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #901
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
I need to replace all the nuts on my blitz 03s. Would any serrated m6x1.0 nut work?
Anyone have info on this? Will a2 stainless do ors should i use something stronger?
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #902
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone here have any experience with flipp faces on three piece wheels? Looking at maybe picking up a pair of equip 05 with low disk and ofc flip the faces. What size stock barrels are most common on equip 05s? I'm thinking low disk 6" barrel would be perfect. Medium disk 5.5" barrel
Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #903
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Anyone have info on this? Will a2 stainless do ors should i use something stronger?
Personally I would go with something stronger. Most wheel bolts are 10.9 equivalent or higher. A2 stainless is a good bit below that. I don't know what specific size Blitz uses but any serrated flange nut thats 10.9 rated or higher would be fine. If you use steel, just make sure its chrome plated or something to withstand weathering. If your deadset on stainless, I would at least go with an A4 at minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingBrandon View Post
Anyone here have any experience with flipp faces on three piece wheels? Looking at maybe picking up a pair of equip 05 with low disk and ofc flip the faces. What size stock barrels are most common on equip 05s? I'm thinking low disk 6" barrel would be perfect. Medium disk 5.5" barrel
If your intention is to spin the face around and run the barrel as the lip, I'd be careful. There's a dip in the barrel on all reverse lip wheels which would look a bit weird like a faux step lip. Equips can be sandwiched mounted so its really only aesthetic but my old VSXXs couldnt even fit in the barrel due to this cavity being substantially smaller than the face diameter. Most flipping faces that I've seen is reserved for step lipped wheels which don't have that dip. But if your cool with the look, go for it.

To answer your question, nearly every Work barrel I've had has been 6.5" so I'd assume that is the most common. I've also had a couple 7" but I've never had a 5.5" barrel although I know they exist.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #904
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Equip 05. I wouldn't mind the "step lip" look. I would take the weights off and figure out a way to polish the barrels (now lips) shinnnny

My vskf I got from vr wheels have 4.5 barrels front and 5 rear. I didn't pay for rebarreling they we're just relipped. Guess I got lucky?

Last edited by DriftingBrandon; 11-09-2017 at 01:37 AM..
DriftingBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #905
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingBrandon View Post
Equip 05. I wouldn't mind the "step lip" look. I would take the weights off and figure out a way to polish the barrels (now lips) shinnnny

My vskf I got from vr wheels have 4.5 barrels front and 5 rear. I didn't pay for rebarreling they we're just relipped. Guess I got lucky?
I wouldn't recommend running an outer lip as an inner lip. They can't take as much stress as barrels.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #906
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Has anybody had success widening a two-piece wheel? Such as any of the Rays/Volk GT series? These wheels have a seamless forged outer (lip/barrel), and bolted in cast center face. Thus only one flange that the face bolts into. No real "weld" to cut the lip away from the barrel like is common with other wheels that are originally multi-piece and cut to resize.

I've heard of either removing the faces and installing them into new barrels and lips using longer bolts, thus making them a 3-piece wheel.

Have also heard it's possible to cut the lip outboard of the face bolt flange on a lathe, and weld on a new wider lip, but that it's difficult, time consuming, and not worth the effort vs. going three piece.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #907
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I wouldn't recommend running an outer lip as an inner lip. They can't take as much stress as barrels.
would that be why almost every single used 3 piece wheel I see has bent lips? that's kind of disheartening for someone who is thinking about getting some weak spec 3 piecers and resizing...
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #908
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I'd guess it's from people buying the cheapest chinese lip they can find.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #909
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Has anybody had success widening a two-piece wheel? Such as any of the Rays/Volk GT series? These wheels have a seamless forged outer (lip/barrel), and bolted in cast center face. Thus only one flange that the face bolts into. No real "weld" to cut the lip away from the barrel like is common with other wheels that are originally multi-piece and cut to resize.

I've heard of either removing the faces and installing them into new barrels and lips using longer bolts, thus making them a 3-piece wheel.

Have also heard it's possible to cut the lip outboard of the face bolt flange on a lathe, and weld on a new wider lip, but that it's difficult, time consuming, and not worth the effort vs. going three piece.
These are very similar to LMGT's, the easiest way to widen them is a new lip and barrel, making them a 3pc wheel. It's not cheap, but is is easy and the proper way to widen them.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #910
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
These are very similar to LMGT's, the easiest way to widen them is a new lip and barrel, making them a 3pc wheel. It's not cheap, but is is easy and the proper way to widen them.
Yeah that's what I figured, i'm pissed at myself for not realizing what would be required before buying a set of them off of YAJ... I thought it was going to be as simple as removing the lip and installing a wider lip lol. Didn't even think about them being a one piece outer.

Now I have to decide if I want to invest over two grand into widening wheels I only wanted for rear drift spares -_-
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #911
lewyS14a

Trader Rating: (0)
lewyS14a is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bit of a long shot question i know but ill ask anyway. I have a set of Stich Gulf Evolutions in nice sizes wich fit my car well. I also have some SSR Vienna dish in Jank sizes. I was wondering about the rims and cant find info anywhere , would i be able to take the centres out of the Viennas and put them into the rims on the Stich Gulfs ?

I know it will depend on how many bolts and the PCD of the rims just wondered if anyone knew. Thanks.
lewyS14a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #912
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Like you already mentioned; it depends if your Vienna Dish faces have the same bolt pattern as the Stich lips/barrels. I'm guessing your Vienna wheels have the typical SSR 39 bolt hole pattern plus a notch for the valve stem so technically 40 holes.
I've done this before with mismatching different brand faces with other brand lips & barrels. As long as the bolt pattern of the Viennas is the same as the Stich lips & barrels you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewyS14a View Post
Bit of a long shot question i know but ill ask anyway. I have a set of Stich Gulf Evolutions in nice sizes wich fit my car well. I also have some SSR Vienna dish in Jank sizes. I was wondering about the rims and cant find info anywhere , would i be able to take the centres out of the Viennas and put them into the rims on the Stich Gulfs ?

I know it will depend on how many bolts and the PCD of the rims just wondered if anyone knew. Thanks.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:00 PM   #913
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Leon Hardiritt Ordens.
I cant figure out what kind of hardware goes on the inner/backside of the wheel.
The bolts that mount to the back side of each spoke(not the pretty ones on the face of the wheel.

I got all new outer colored hardware and the nuts for them but I still need the bolts that get screwed in from the back side..

any one know what they are?
been so long I forgot how to link pictures to post them lol..
https://www.instagram.com/p/B71NWhRj3e1/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-UsNWOD-CL/
Old 05-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #914
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Leon Hardiritt Ordens.
I cant figure out what kind of hardware goes on the inner/backside of the wheel.
The bolts that mount to the back side of each spoke(not the pretty ones on the face of the wheel.

I got all new outer colored hardware and the nuts for them but I still need the bolts that get screwed in from the back side..

any one know what they are?
been so long I forgot how to link pictures to post them lol..
https://www.instagram.com/p/B71NWhRj3e1/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-UsNWOD-CL/
Maybe try asking the dog?