Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #1531
240low
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240low is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
s13 chassis stock suspension but i want to get eibach lowering springs soon. and wait is it 5mm all around and 9.75 all around?? or just 5mm spacer all around
240low is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #1532
CRPS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
CRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Both, making the specs 9.75 +15 effective. If you want to go lower just save up for coilovers and forget the springs man.
CRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #1533
240low
Zilvia Member

im all for coilovers but im like 50 feet off the ground and it bugs me lol.. and so if i went with 8.25 in the front what size spacer would i need?? 10mm?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #1534
CRPS13
Leaky Injector

I dont think you would need a spacer for the fronts with the 8.25. THe only reason you would want to run a spacer at that point would be to make the wheels sit flush with the fender instead of being sunk. You would be fine running the 8,25f and 9.75r. I would run a 235/40 in the rear and a 225/45 in the front.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #1535
240low
Zilvia Member

yeah i would want it to look flush with the fender... and if i do that would 10mm spacer work?

*and 9.75 with 5mm spacer correct?

Last edited by 240low; 08-28-2012 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: edit.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #1536
CRPS13
Leaky Injector

I think a 15mm would make it sit flush with the 8.25. Yes 5mm with the 9.75.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #1537
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
If you don't understand the way wheel fitment works, then maybe you shouldn't worry about wheel fitment all together.

There are many aspects that go into making your car's wheel fitment a certain way. You will not achieve a nice flushed look with springs/shocks. You will not achieve proper alignment with stock arms. And you will not achieve certain fitments with stock inner fenders with no tucking of the harness or if you're going to be that guy, getting wheels that won't even fit the front stock tubs, but insists on using those wheels because it's socially cool.

The point of this thread is to do research first then ask. Yada yada, we all start somewhere. Why not start where resourceful people start: google. I learned plenty using that and even I had a question in this thread. So do some soul searching, read up, and stop the clutter.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #1538
240low
Zilvia Member

bro, chill out you think i havent searched before? ive spent time looking for fitment and i just want more than one guys opinion on the fitment.. its a project not a one time fix. id just rather it not be sunk alot. if its not perfectly flush i dont care i plan on gettin coils in the future as well as aftermarket arms. read the title of the thread before you start bargin in here makin urself look like an ass.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #1539
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240low View Post
bro, chill out you think i havent searched before? ive spent time looking for fitment and i just want more than one guys opinion on the fitment.. its a project not a one time fix. id just rather it not be sunk alot. if its not perfectly flush i dont care i plan on gettin coils in the future as well as aftermarket arms. read the title of the thread before you start bargin in here makin urself look like an ass.
I tried being nice but k, "bro".

If you searched, you would have found plenty of threads INCLUDING this one which I've continually have been replying to with useful information. But you didn't do that, you started a thread and got it locked. You must think you're smart for starting a thread, having it closed, and being redirected in a thread where you don't know shit. I'm 100% that this thread would have come up too.

And plus with bullshit wheels like yours, you would think a lot of people have redundantly have asked. Well, you bet your ass there are more people like you. That's why I helped you and said: "hey man, do some research, it'll benefit you". And seriously, you're asking what the fuck to do with XXR 8.25 AND 9.75 fitment on your s-chassis? How about sell those, save up, and stick with better wheels.

If you don't know shit, why are you going to try to be a smartass? If you knew so much, why'd you start a thread before searching? Why don't you know what the hell spacers do? Why don't you know a good offset for 8.25" & 9.75" widths on a S-Chassis/RWD car?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #1540
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So wait, why would you buy wheels then slap spacers on it? Why dont you just buy the right fitting wheels to begin with. Do it right in the beginning and fuck having to worry about spacers.

With that said, difference between the 8.25 +25 and 9.75 +25 is 19mm on both sides. So you'd have 19mm less gap between your suspension and your wheels and at the same time, it'll stick out 19mm closer to your fenders.

PS: Dont bother wasting your money on Eibach springs. You slap those springs on your stock shocks, you'll blow your shocks. You'd have to spend $400 for shocks when you could have just saved all that money and went with a coilovers to begin with. And no, it wont lower the car much. You'd still be 4x4'ing it on springs.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #1541
Sean P.
Zilvia Member

Sean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPS13 View Post
Are you on stock suspension? What chassis do you have? If s13 this is fitment with the 9.75's with a 5mm spacer all around. Will require the spacer in the front to clear coilovers but i used all around because i hate when i see the front sticking out way further with too much camber like a lot of guys on here do. Looks like ass to me.

What tire size?
Sean P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #1542
CRPS13
Leaky Injector

215/45f 225/45r. Want to go to a 40 series.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #1543
240low
Zilvia Member

Dude whatever you attacked me first.. Don't make it sound like I was vein the asshole I'm trying to get some help that's it I'm not here to argue.. And I the other guy I just dont wanna wait till I get coils to get wheels I'm Rollin on steelies right now.. But what are the chances I'll blow my shocks... I'm not that smart with suspension which is WHY Im asking for help

And Its cuz xxr 527 don't come in anything bigger than +25 for the size I want.. Also zoo I want 527 cuz there cheap, better than steelies and I'm not made of money lol
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #1544
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Dude whatever you attacked me first..
And this is why you won't survive in Zilvia. If MY post made you cry, then you may as well just stop right here.

Quote:
Don't make it sound like I was vein the asshole I'm trying to get some help that's it I'm not here to argue..
Oh my....vein. You were being a vein.

Quote:
But what are the chances I'll blow my shocks...
Give a good three months to a year depending on how fat you are.

Quote:
I'm not that smart with suspension which is WHY Im asking for help
Okay? This was established a while back. I did help you. Told you to do research. You refused to listen.

Quote:
Also zoo I want 527 cuz there cheap, better than steelies and I'm not made of money lol
There's nothing more facepalm worthy than seeing a 240 on lowering springs and wheels that pokes more than facebook (lolno.). But seriously, have you seen the front shocks? Are you aware of why wide wheels cannot fit there?

You think I'm attacking you but you fail to look beyond it all and realize I was helping all along.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #1545
240low
Zilvia Member

Lol dude what is your problem.. Your takin the time to reply to everythIng I say, you told me I I don't know fitment than I shouldn't post.. How the hell is that helping.. I only want springs so my car will be lower and yes I am aware of the stock shocks and springs having little clearance.. And who the hell are you to tell me I won't survive on zilvia.. Who the fuck says that. I'm here just for help not to argue with pricks like you saying u were just tryin to help
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #1546
edm-s14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
edm-s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have a question will g35 oem rims the 18"x8+30 the 6 spoke ones fit s14 yes I know there the same bolts pattern but wondering about rolling fenders I have lowering springs I would say 1.2"f and 1"r
edm-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1547
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol dude what is your problem.. Your takin the time to reply to everythIng I say, you told me I I don't know fitment than I shouldn't post.. How the hell is that helping.. I only want springs so my car will be lower and yes I am aware of the stock shocks and springs having little clearance.. And who the hell are you to tell me I won't survive on zilvia.. Who the fuck says that. I'm here just for help not to argue with pricks like you saying u were just tryin to help
Yeaaaaaah, shut the fuck up. I'm not going to be the only member giving you shit for not searching. With your mentality, you may run into those people often.

You were redirected here with your failure of a thread because you are supposed to search before you ask. This thread REQUIRES that you search before you ask.

So tell me...am I being a prick? Or are you just too stupid to realize that nobody is going to spoon feed your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm-s14 View Post
have a question will g35 oem rims the 18"x8+30 the 6 spoke ones fit s14 yes I know there the same bolts pattern but wondering about rolling fenders I have lowering springs I would say 1.2"f and 1"r
I don't think you will have to do anything even if you needed small spacers so that the backface/tire won't rub the shock. Google that shit next time.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #1548
240low
Zilvia Member

This thread is to post your question about wheel fitment and is used to HELP EACH OTHER. This is not to talk shit about someone because they want to ask a question about fitment.

Rules:
1. SEARCH! If all fails come here. We are here to help.
2. No shit talking if your not gonna help someone out DONT POST!
3. Pics are not mandatory but will obviously help.
4. The main reason for this thread is to not clutter up the OG fitment thread and stop all the chit chatter.
5. An answer like yes or no obviously wont help so by posting a response your helping to make the question work. If it is seems like an impossible setup a simple no is ok. Make you response useful.

^^^ u were talkin shit man! lol it evens says under rules not to talk shit! and ok fine my bad ur right i really should have searched.. i didnt know you cant just make a thread about fitment when there are already multiples.. my bad seriously...
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #1549
edm-s14
Leaky Injector

thank you we will see on friday and ill let you know how it worked out
Old 08-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #1550
maxxxfly

maxxxfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought 9.5 +20 18s all around for my s14. I understand no matter what I will need to roll the front (backs done) and maybe little pull out back. I want to run a square set up and the issue is that 235 40s (easy fit set up) run 10% larger outer diameter than stock while my much preferred 245 35s (unsure of clearance) only run 7%. Does anyone know I can fit the 245 35s and whats needed? Thanks
maxxxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #1551
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Dude whatever you attacked me first.. Don't make it sound like I was vein the asshole I'm trying to get some help that's it I'm not here to argue.. And I the other guy I just dont wanna wait till I get coils to get wheels I'm Rollin on steelies right now.. But what are the chances I'll blow my shocks... I'm not that smart with suspension which is WHY Im asking for help

And Its cuz xxr 527 don't come in anything bigger than +25 for the size I want.. Also zoo I want 527 cuz there cheap, better than steelies and I'm not made of money lol
I'll give you 3 days to 2 weeks that you'll be bouncing all over the road if you slap eibachs on your stock shocks. Is it gonna be worth the $200 when you'd have to spend another $400 on shocks after its blown. You could easily buy some cheap ass Megan Racing for $800-900.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #1552
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
This thread is to post your question about wheel fitment and is used to HELP EACH OTHER. This is not to talk shit about someone because they want to ask a question about fitment.

Rules:
1. SEARCH! If all fails come here. We are here to help.
2. No shit talking if your not gonna help someone out DONT POST!
3. Pics are not mandatory but will obviously help.
4. The main reason for this thread is to not clutter up the OG fitment thread and stop all the chit chatter.
5. An answer like yes or no obviously wont help so by posting a response your helping to make the question work. If it is seems like an impossible setup a simple no is ok. Make you response useful.

^^^ u were talkin shit man! lol it evens says under rules not to talk shit! and ok fine my bad ur right i really should have searched.. i didnt know you cant just make a thread about fitment when there are already multiples.. my bad seriously...
Seriously, shut the fuck up already. You sound like my whiny lil bitch!!! Fucking cry us a river already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxfly View Post
Just bought 9.5 +20 18s all around for my s14. I understand no matter what I will need to roll the front (backs done) and maybe little pull out back. I want to run a square set up and the issue is that 235 40s (easy fit set up) run 10% larger outer diameter than stock while my much preferred 245 35s (unsure of clearance) only run 7%. Does anyone know I can fit the 245 35s and whats needed? Thanks
More pull or more camber...but should be doable. My gripe is, 245 to me would look a lil bubbly on 9.5j. Most tires run wider than they advertise, 9.5j = about 244mm.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #1553
edm-s14
Leaky Injector

240LOW just going to say this chill out man,, ive been running lowering springs on stock shocks for 3 years and all good the reason dont have coilovers is cause i live in the city and the roads are shit plus there are to many speed bumps where i work so no point of my dd being to low but thought i would help you out,,,but dont be a dick here man
Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #1554
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anyone fit a 265 35r18 on 10inch wheel 20 offset on the rear of a s13? pulled fenders and -2.8 camber. thanks
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #1555
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Its doable but you'd have to do some pull on it. Then you'd have to watch out about denting the rear fenders when you start bowing the fenders out.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #1556
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
On my s13 I run 255/35/18 18x10 +20 all factory arms with a small pull, you don't need much at all.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #1557
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scs13 View Post
On my s13 I run 255/35/18 18x10 +20 all factory arms with a small pull, you don't need much at all.
How low is your car? What are your alignment specs? Stock fenders? If not, your post is irrelevant. Any pics?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #1558
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scs13 View Post
On stock arms, how low are you? If you go low enough where you can tuck some tire, you'd be pushing -5* of camber, maybe even more. Then throw in the fact that you probably have some toe issue since you wont be able to get it anywhere close to 0.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #1559
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
yeah the car has a pretty big pull how it is now thanks.scs13 how low are you? and one of my fenders already have that dent from pulling it
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #1560
marquez

Trader Rating: (2)
marquez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 Newb needs help!

So Ive had my 240 for a while but haven't put any rims on it! Been driving on steeles...
I drive a stock 90 240sx, that need rims!
What size rim should I get? Do I need spacers? I want a flush finish to my fender..
Any suggestions in brands, etc etc...
I like the style of the XXR 526... So anything similar ?

Completely new! Any tips can help!
marquez is offline   Reply With Quote