Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
FEAL coilover review thread

We see plenty of reviews for small coilover companies, but FEAL probably actually deserves one being that these coilovers are essentially built to your driving spec.

Mine are in the mail, on the way.

If you don't know what they are, they are a higher end suspension company owned by Fornula D driver Aurimas "Odi" Bakchis - fealsuspension.com - Directory

I believe these actually deserve a review thread because they are built to YOUR spec. You call, you tell them what your car is for, they build it for that. Awesome.

Anyhow, if you have any experience with them, feel free to add. My review will be up soon!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Is FEAL the sexually hyperactive cousin to ZEAL?
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've also noticed that resemblance...lol i haven't seen reviews for FEAL...lol but ZEAL I've heard is really good. lol
240zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
From what ive heard theyre pretty good. Someone told me Odi will actually talk to you on the phone and answer questions youve got and reccomend what to run. If I didnt have Fortunes already, I would definetly get a set.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
240zach
Zilvia Addict

here are some reviews..http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/46242...-shipping.html
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
^^ EXACTLY, Odi makes them for YOUR motorsport and driving style.

^ I am going to put up very thorough reviews for both daily driving and drifting. Will update when they get here.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Another coilover using the old style Megan body.
They should at least have custom seat perches made to fit those Swift Springs properly.
It looks cheap when companies put Swift Springs on coilovers on which it is obvious that they were made for a different diameter spring.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Speaking of Megan, they now have advertisements in Drift Tengoku (Heaven) magazine. I had to do a double take while reading my copy earlier.

We have now come full circle in the JDM world...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Pretty much any baller spec coilover can be made to your liking upon order.....
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
tamdo7114
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
tamdo7114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Can someone explain how they customize it to your driving? Besides different spring rates? Sounds like a pitch line for a sale but what does that really mean? And how does it differ from other companies that offer different spring rates?
tamdo7114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdo7114 View Post
Can someone explain how they customize it to your driving? Besides different spring rates? Sounds like a pitch line for a sale but what does that really mean? And how does it differ from other companies that offer different spring rates?
Custom valving.
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Pretty much any baller spec coilover can be made to your liking upon order.....
Precisely.

And how many "baller spec" coilover threads have you seen on Zilvia?

Welcome to why this thread exist.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240zach View Post
I've also noticed that resemblance...lol i haven't seen reviews for FEAL...lol but ZEAL I've heard is really good. lol
I had Zeal's on my IS300 for a while. Road like a dream, took corners like a beast. Never heard of Feal until now.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post
Never heard of Feal until now.

i heard about them like a week ago..but i feel like they are still relatively new...i might be wrong cause idk how long they have been out.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
nu_born
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was reading about these on the forum a couple days ago; got hung up on the "One way adjustable, 30-click spectrum" bit. How does that work exactly? I always thought 15, 30, whatever-way adjustable was the amount of adjustment the knob at the top of the damper had? Maybe some of my noob is showing still, but I am confuse...

At any rate, they seem pretty legit and priced relatively competitively for what they offer - what with all the custom valving and the like.
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
240zach
Zilvia Addict

^^ what he said
Old 06-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240zach View Post
^^ what he said
^^ That was a spambot haha.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu_born View Post
I was reading about these on the forum a couple days ago; got hung up on the "One way adjustable, 30-click spectrum" bit. How does that work exactly? I always thought 15, 30, whatever-way adjustable was the amount of adjustment the knob at the top of the damper had? Maybe some of my noob is showing still, but I am confuse...

At any rate, they seem pretty legit and priced relatively competitively for what they offer - what with all the custom valving and the like.
one-way adjustment = fixed compression damping, adjustable rebound damping.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
nu_born
Leaky Injector

nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
one-way adjustment = fixed compression damping, adjustable rebound damping.
Ahhh I see, whereas the knob on other types of coils, such as Megan or certain types of Teins adjust both of these parameters at the same time?
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #20
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
^^ That was a spambot haha.

i know it was. lol i was just agreeing
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #21
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
All these coilovers are the same. This company is just offering you the same options Windflower gives to each of these brands.

Feal
PBM
Fortune Auto
K-Sport
D2
Stance
BC
etc.

...All made in Korea.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
These coilovers a VERY NICE. Now odi even states that some of the parts come from Taiwan. But I had a set ofmegan tracks, tein, tenabe.. And well these ride better then ALL of them. Plus you can see the quality they put into there work. All moving parts are greased Nice. I told odi what I had and did,he knew EXACTLY. I would recommend these coilovers to everyone.

PLUS if you can't afford a set of his Coilover he offers re valveing service too!
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
AND they go PLENTY low. I can tuck half my damn 18x10 1/2 out back.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #24
OgSilviaSkywalker
Zilvia Junkie

OgSilviaSkywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump want more reviews.
OgSilviaSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #25
NinjaWithAGun
Leaky Injector

NinjaWithAGun is an unknown quantity at this point
To put it simply, I've had these on my daily for well over a year now at full stiff and I can still walk, lol. I had Megans on the car when I bought it, and the difference in ride quality and handling after putting on the FEAL's was mind blowing. With the Megans it felt like I was off-roading on a plank of wood just driving down the street, bouncing around so much I would actually loose traction or tweak a bit on corners every time I hit a miniscule bump. With the FEAL coils the ride is much smoother, better handling and much better on traction and control. On the Megans there were some interchanges and on ramps I'd actually slow way down for because it was so damn jerky and bouncy that the car felt unstable as all hell, but with the FEALs I can take the same corners full throttle throughout without ever letting off and my car wont even twitch. The car also feels a hell of a lot better, more planted and more controlled when engaging in vehicular shenanigans with friends! Also worth noting is the first thing every passenger who's ever ridden in my friends hatch that had Megans and now has Godspeeds that rides in my car says is, "holy crap your car rides so much nicer than his!" So yeah, I'd say it's well worth the money and would highly recommend them to anyone be it for track or street use, whatever tickles your fancy.
NinjaWithAGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
skrouse28rs
Leaky Injector

skrouse28rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobis13hb View Post
AND they go PLENTY low. I can tuck half my damn 18x10 1/2 out back.
This is what Sonic Motor had to say about them :
They don't go as low as some other coilovers, but that's not what they are meant for. They are meant for performance and not being super slammed.

I do not care to tuck rim and be super slammed but I do like a nice "flush" stance . I am curious if they will go low enough. I currently have Tein's on my S13 and although they ride great to me , they do not go quite low enough for my taste. I would love to see some ride height pics of the Feal's.
skrouse28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #27
OgSilviaSkywalker
Zilvia Junkie

OgSilviaSkywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks nice to here man im really leaning towards picking up some feals just want some reassurance. Not many review out there on them. There are just so many options to choose from within that price range from Pbm, stance, fortune, buddyclub, feal and a lot more. I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision.
OgSilviaSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Getting my stance rebuilt from them, wouldn't hesitate on their coil-over based on their good service.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #29
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
How much do they charge to rebuild?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
All these coilovers are the same. This company is just offering you the same options Windflower gives to each of these brands.

Feal
PBM
Fortune Auto
K-Sport
D2
Stance
BC
etc.

...All made in Korea.
None of that matters. The only two suspension companies that are in the same league for price are Fortune Auto and FEAL. All the others have inferior valving. So what's the difference between Fortune and FEAL? FEAL gives you full control of exactly how you want the coilover to perform at no extra cost.

I convinced a buddy to put FEAL's on his circuit Evo 8, and the spring rates are 14/16. It still handles bumps amazingly well. Ride is leaps and bounds above the Godspeed and D2 coilovers that have come on a few of my cars, as well as K-sports and Stances that have been on my friends cars, all of which had lower spring rates.

I have heard good things about Stance's new lineup, which I have not ridden on yet.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote