Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #181
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Just go see Mazworx !
they don't sell crate motors anymore or they took them off of their website.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #182
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
It looks like they changed their website around recently, and some items are yet to be added. Give them a call or an email, or wait a couple weeks for the site to get caught up.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #183
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If you have $10k to throw away give them a call lol.
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #184
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Does anyone have an update on when the next shipment of 20V valve covers is supposed to happen?
They are sold out everywhere and no one seems to know when/if they will be getting more.

I really wish I did not sell all my VE stuff before deciding to do a VE after all.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #185
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
We bought a sr2.4vet from them for our drift car ! Contact them

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #186
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
If you have $10k to throw away give them a call lol.
Shit, man... for all the money ppl spend nickel & diming it themselves, it might be worth it for the professionally buit motor. $10k might seem excessive for an SR, but when you consider that it could rival an LSx while being a direct bolt in affair, it becomes pretty attractive if you can swing the up front cost.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #187
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Nice!

Shit, man... for all the money ppl spend nickel & diming it themselves, it might be worth it for the professionally buit motor. $10k might seem excessive for an SR, but when you consider that it could rival an LSx while being a direct bolt in affair, it becomes pretty attractive if you can swing the up front cost.
If 10k gets me a drop in sr20vet, how is it not worth the money? Honestly?!?!

People pay 6-8 grand for used 2j swaps base, no mounts, no engine management. Throw in a rebuild, upgraded parts.

I would spend that money for a motor that would cost me that much to throw together.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #188
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Never go full retard kids. If you don't have the ability to put together an sr20vet then you should buy a built car and stop whining.

On a positive note my setup is lurching forward after I've checked all my clearances in my z32 trans and installed the Mazworx bell-housing. Hopefully fitment goes down over the next month and I can wire in my standalone.
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #189
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
Never go full retard kids. If you don't have the ability to put together an sr20vet then you should buy a built car and stop whining.
Exactly! If people are wondering if they'll be able to squeak by with enough money to get the engine setup done...don't bother going down that road, because it always ends up costing more then you think it will. My engine/transmission setup is a $40,000 setup and counting...Once it's all done, I'll see how it does on the track and if it doesn't make me satisfied, I'll be going RB32.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #190
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Exactly! If people are wondering if they'll be able to squeak by with enough money to get the engine setup done...don't bother going down that road, because it always ends up costing more then you think it will. My engine/transmission setup is a $40,000 setup and counting...Once it's all done, I'll see how it does on the track and if it doesn't make me satisfied, I'll be going RB32.
When is anyone really satisfied with the power level they have? We constantly push envelopes and yearn for more.

My harness is back at ChaseBays, hopefully for the last time, getting my MAP wiring sorted and some other issues I may or may not have found. Once it's back and installed, I'm going to the tuners, for a break in tune so I can drive it around and work out any and all kinks, then it'll be time for the hammer.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #191
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Geezus christ. Is this car going to be professionally campaigned in some race series to make some of that money back? Please tell me that build isn't for a street car that only sees occasional drift days at the track...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
When is anyone really satisfied with the power level they have? We constantly push envelopes and yearn for more.
Depends on your purpose for the car. A 1:10 power to weight ratio usually leaves me pretty happy in most situations. But I see your point. As enticing as it is, I think the VET swap is far too extreme a mod for modest goals like mine.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #192
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Geezus christ. Is this car going to be professionally campaigned in some race series to make some of that money back? Please tell me that build isn't for a street car that only sees occasional drift days at the track...
Yes, it's for track only, but not drifting. It'll be competing in Global Time Attack series and possibly a couple other series, depending what classes the other series would have me in.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #193
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Well then, carry on, my good sir!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #194
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
darkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to darkevildrifter
I guess ill whore mine out too.

Sr22Vet
S13 block
BC 4340 billet steel crankshaft (91mm stroke).
BC 4340 Sportsman connecting rods featuring ARP premium fasteners.
CP aluminum forged pistons 9.3:1
BC0240 BC Dual Valve Springs / Retainer Kit GTIR/VE
Greddy oil pan
Jasma pulleys
ATI dampener
90mm TB
Custom intake and exhaust maifolds
Garret GTX3076R with Tial exhaust housing
Tial BOV
Turbosmart wastegate 38mm
Gspec cam gears
1000cc ID injectors(which I need to finish the fuel rail to put them on)
stock cams
mod oil pick up
other stuff here and there
Theres still alot of crap i need to order

Old 06-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #195
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What sort of firewall clearance are you S13 fellers experiencing, and what engine/transmission mounts are you using?
It seems that some are getting away with bending/cutting the seam on the firewall to clear the CAS, while for others that still does not provide sufficient clearance.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #196
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
P12 CAS clears s13 firewall pretty cleanly, although i've heard that it has much less room in an s14, to the point where you either have to hammer or trim the metal seam on the firewall

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #197
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
P12 CAS clears s13 firewall pretty cleanly, although i've heard that it has much less room in an s14, to the point where you either have to hammer or trim the metal seam on the firewall
It's not the seam. It's the hump that sticks out dead center of the firewall. No need to cut the seam, maybe a slight clearancing by bending it up a hair.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #198
autotechmotoring
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (9)
autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OT, but for those interested in doing the VVL conversion swap soon, ive got a set of VVL solenoid relocation plates for sale with the fittings and hardware for $59.00 shipped anywhere in the US
autotechmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #199
autotechmotoring

autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Quote:

That's their bread and butter. I am sure they are still doing them.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #200
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Mazworx has been in the process of moving shops for a little while now. Bigger shop, more machines, more general badass-arry.

With this they were saying time to alter the website too. Give it some time, they are great about emails though...and most definitely still have 'crate' motors....i spied a couple last week, oh sandblasted sleeved 2.2 block how I want you.
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #201
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Just thought I'd add a more updated photo of my engine, since Touge Factory is getting it closer and closer to completion!

Old 07-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #202
tkocrewsr
Leaky Injector

tkocrewsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
Mazworx has been in the process of moving shops for a little while now. Bigger shop, more machines, more general badass-arry.

With this they were saying time to alter the website too. Give it some time, they are great about emails though...and most definitely still have 'crate' motors....i spied a couple last week, oh sandblasted sleeved 2.2 block how I want you.
You wish, lol. That was probably my shortblock that just got finished up this week hopefully ill have more updates on wether or not i'm 100% going vvl.
tkocrewsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #203
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkocrewsr View Post
You wish, lol. That was probably my shortblock that just got finished up this week hopefully ill have more updates on wether or not i'm 100% going vvl.
You'd be stupid not too, with that amount of money being dropped on a short block.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #204
BRAIN_Z33
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
BRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post

You may have spotted mine

I went full guns out on my VVL build.

Still trying to decide if I should make a build thread, but then I dont want the undesired attention
BRAIN_Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #205
tkocrewsr
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You'd be stupid not too, with that amount of money being dropped on a short block.
The issue is a have a built det head from mazworx from 5 years ago thats been sitting in storage while i was in the army. If it wasnt for that and det manifolds i'd do it in a heart beat. I am trying to work out a deal with Mark as i have a stock ve head ready to ship to him, i just can't quite swing the cash to fully build another head and different manifold.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #206
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkocrewsr View Post
The issue is a have a built det head from mazworx from 5 years ago thats been sitting in storage while i was in the army. If it wasnt for that and det manifolds i'd do it in a heart beat. I am trying to work out a deal with Mark as i have a stock ve head ready to ship to him, i just can't quite swing the cash to fully build another head and different manifold.
You don't need a different manifold, unless you're talking about the intake manifold that is. If it's the exhaust manifold, just oblong the holes and lift the manifold .125".
Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #207
tkocrewsr
Leaky Injector

Yea I have an intake also although I think I may have it sold if I go vvl
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #208
autotechmotoring

If anyone is starting a build and looking for parts, parting out a incompleted project. Parts were just bolted on and never ran on. No pricing will be posted, PM me.

Complete SR20 RWD topmount manifold setup. Manifold, 3" downpipe, and dumptube (not pictured)

VVL Solenoid Relocation blocks. Comes with new orings, fittings and hardware.

VVL rear water neck

Have some other small stuff also. Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #209
sr23det
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wtf is this a FS thread? anyhow price shipped to norcal
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #210
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read through this entire thread. Definitely some valuable info.
I've got a retop SR and plan on undergoing the VE head swap this winter, and I have a question about engine management. I saw 3-4 guys in this thread running AEM and 2 running Haltech. Others also said nismotronic with an RPM switch.
Some info on setup:
I was thinking of retaining the 20V CAS to use my Wiring Specialties harness. I will be utilizing LS2 coilpacks. I will also be using a MAFS on my planned setup. I do not think I am interested in the hall effect sensor (still not sure what that is).
I guess my question is what would be in my best interest? I have no problem shelling out for a standalone if it will go to good and eficient use.. I am kinda leaning towards the AEM EMS. I am looking for the EMS to control the solenoids/switch over point so I can just wire it up and have full control to play around with.

Also, is it possible to run two seperate maps? - One for when out of VVL, then when it kicks - One for in VVL. Thanks for any and all information/comments on this.

EDIT: Also, if by going standalone I have to do a lot of wiring - so beit..

Last edited by Bleakley; 07-29-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote