Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #91
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
K, while you guys bitch at each other imma chime in.

I just went from an s13 (TypeX SR) to Z33 (07 HR engine). I did it primarily because I was tired of driving around a buzzbox and just wanted a 00'+ car in general. My opinion.

Pros:
-Out of the box power, just bolt on some coilovers and have fun.
-Not a rattling POS with limp suspension yet
-Nice interior (IMO) higher build quality, feels more like an Infinity then a Nissan. I actually like it better then my roommates FRS.
-Great transmission
-AC in a fucking drift car wow
-Cops don't stare daggers at you
-Not as paranoid about it getting jacked

Cons:
-Not as fun (lacks boost)
-Can't fit shit in it (looking into hide-a-hitch trailers)
-Poor aftermarket for dress up (everything looks ricey imo)
-Shitty VLSD
-Shitty VDC that can't be fully disabled with the button. (Need to pull the plug which kills VDC, ABS and YAW, otherwise YAW will still kick in with VDC off)
-Extremely shit rearward visibility, I merge like a grandma now.
-No sunroof (I fucking love sunroofs, wanna fight about it?)
-GARBAGE E-BRAKE

Overall I'm happy with the jump. I only manage to drift a handful of times a year but driving a nicer car day to day has proven to be worth it. Can't attest to track performance yet though, coilovers are still in the box and I'm trying to pick a 2 way diff. Probably going with Kaaz Super Q.

This too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
1 more thing z forums suck for any info.
Full of idiots having discussions over lowering springs, if 18x9.5 +25 wheels will fit, and general spoon feeding of info. I really hope a Z33 board takes off on Zilvia.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #92
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes I wish I had gotten an older Z and modified it more (turbo or sc) or paid a bit extra and gotten an HR Z with more power up front. Oh well, you live and you learn.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #93
Artworks
Leaky Injector

Artworks is an unknown quantity at this point
why can't we just have both?
Artworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #94
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an S14 and my dad has an 05 G. The S14 has a KA, bolt ons, Coils, JWT tune, J30 brakes and some suspension arms. The G has a Stillen exhaust and AEM intake. I really love both cars for different reasons: the S14 feels rougher (obviously) and more raw than the G does. Yes it only has a KA but power does not interest me much. The G does feel bigger and heavier but the VQ feels super smooth and it is a better daily IMO. So I guess if you really want a dedicated drift car then get a 240 because of cheapness and weight. I honestly do think the G/Z would make a great drift car though if you had the money to do it. It feels very balanced and smooth. They car both just different cars.
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #95
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Ixfxi, seems like you could lose a little more weight without being too extreme.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...worksheet.html

If you could get the SC into the 3200lbs range, I don't think thats too bad if you compare to contemporary sports cars or the heavyweights like the Supra. You probably have an auto. I have no idea what the 350z's cd009 might save you there.

As for rear diff options, theres always the Kaaz 2 way...
Old 07-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #96
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Full of idiots having discussions over lowering springs, if 18x9.5 +25 wheels will fit, and general spoon feeding of info. I really hope a Z33 board takes off on Zilvia.
Probably my biggest issue with owning a z so far is the lack of good forums. +1 on hoping zilvia picks up more z33 info and drivers.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #97
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
You're FIRED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Ixfxi, seems like you could lose a little more weight without being too extreme.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...worksheet.html
You're FIRED too..

For the first guy I am quoting: sunroofs SUCK. Good way to introduce wind noise and more bullshit to break into your car. Second, 350Z interiors blow dick.. cheap fake aluminum plastic shit that started to break back in 03 when they first came out. Seriously, it only takes minutes for any modern NISSAN/INFINITI to look like shit. That fake/thin aluminum accent junk ALWAYS gets scuffed and looks like junk and it only takes 100 miles of usage.

Now, as for you simmode... I am telling you right now, dont ever.. EVER ever EVER... post a clublexus link on this forum. It is grounds for immediate bannage.

Obeewon can attest to how shitty and ignorant the club lexus forums are. I want 100% SEGREGATION between ZILVIA and CLUB LEXUS...

Only MORONS suggest removing your spare tire and jack.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #98
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Only MORONS suggest removing your spare tire and jack.

Unlike you peasants, some of us are in exclusive clubs like AAA. We don't change flat tires on the side of dangerous highways.

Another issue with spares is aftermarket wheels. If you run staggered you are fucked.

So why bother with that nonsense.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #99
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
You're FIRED.

For the first guy I am quoting: sunroofs SUCK. Good way to introduce wind noise and more bullshit to break into your car. Second, 350Z interiors blow dick.. cheap fake aluminum plastic shit that started to break back in 03 when they first came out. Seriously, it only takes minutes for any modern NISSAN/INFINITI to look like shit. That fake/thin aluminum accent junk ALWAYS gets scuffed and looks like junk and it only takes 100 miles of usage.
Wooooah chill out man haha. I know sunroofs suck in terms of performance anything, I just like that shit. You know, because sun.

As for the interior, I'd have to disagree. My Z has 80k on it and the accents are un-scuffed. My only complaint is the black coating on the center console release lever, it literally scrapes off with a finger nail but its easy to re-coat. Maybe take better care of your shit? Idk, 100 miles of usage? Really?

Still to remain on topic, relative to S13-14 vs Z33, I still think Zs are higher quality from the ground up.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #100
MIZOAM

MIZOAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I swear, this is like talking to a wall.
Two words: Fuck. Off.

Secondly, I never said it would strain the chassis I said it would strain the ENGINE. Its a 20 year old sports car engine (people buy these cars specifically to beat to shit), the fact that it can be as old as 25 years old means it has a high probability of breaking down after you slap on some of your "BPU1" upgrades. The ONLY point I was making is that if you want the overall BETTER/NEWER car that comes STOCK with more power, then go with the 350Z. I guess you live in la-la land and wanna compare dumb shit like modifications: "Hurr durr but once I put on my ebay headers/ exhaust and turn up the boost I'll have 350 HP ALL DAIIIYY!!" Why am I even arguing this shit with you? Youre probably in high school and if you arent, that anime profile pic. is embarrassing. At the end of the day, I have actually owned both and would recommend 350Z>S chassis. Youre the kind of guy that talks shit about how his car could beat another car if you "did this or that" to it. Also, if you wanna talk about "best bang for your buck" horsepower, sorry to say SR20 is a joke compared to an older Vette or mustang.
MIZOAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #101
MIZOAM

MIZOAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
he OP is looking for his next drift car. It certainly doesn't take much to turn a 350z into a decent amateur drift machine. But if you ever hope to make 300whp or more to really get that almost 3400lbs chassis really moving, I'd look elsewhere due to the much higher expense of boost. But if you can be content with the 350z's N/A performance with BPUs, it's relative simplicity makes it an attractive option.
Where does OP say he wants to turn it into a drift car?
MIZOAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZOAM View Post
He posts 5 pictures. 3 at a drift track and then says "what ya think you don't see to many drifting style ya".

Safe to assume he is not into Miata Spec racing.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #103
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Secondly, I never said it would strain the chassis I said it would strain the ENGINE. Its a 20 year old sports car engine (people buy these cars specifically to beat to shit), the fact that it can be as old as 25 years old means it has a high probability of breaking down after you slap on some of your "BPU1" upgrades.
Then rebuild the mother fucker.

You think a 100k mile 350Z has never been beat on?

Quote:
The ONLY point I was making is that if you want the overall BETTER/NEWER car that comes STOCK with more power, then go with the 350Z.
Better is subjective. Hence the point of this thread. The cars feel nothing a like and I've owned both.

Quote:
I guess you live in la-la land and wanna compare dumb shit like modifications: "Hurr durr but once I put on my ebay headers/ exhaust and turn up the boost I'll have 350 HP ALL DAIIIYY!!" Why am I even arguing this shit with you? Youre probably in high school and if you arent, that anime profile pic. is embarrassing. At the end of the day, I have actually owned both and would recommend 350Z>S chassis. Youre the kind of guy that talks shit about how his car could beat another car if you "did this or that" to it. Also, if you wanna talk about "best bang for your buck" horsepower, sorry to say SR20 is a joke compared to an older Vette or mustang.
Oh the bloody irony. Maybe you should sit back, chill out and figure out what's what before flying off the handle again... bro.

Also a C3 is a POS on so many levels for soooo many reasons. I adore Mustangs but that is once again, COMPLETELY different. Not to mention a 302 will split in half at 300whp. AWESOME.

The SR20DET is a strong and capable motor. In fact I would argue it's one of the stoutest 4-banger turbos made. The reasoning behind that is they spent 15-20 years having the crap beat out of them in Jaydemmland, got pulled by some monkey at a scrap yard, sat in a container, shipped to the us, bounced around a dozen times, installed by a some hack following a youtube tutorial and then taken to the "Track" to get get the snot beat out of it some more.

VQ35's puke rods and lift heads the minute they smell 400whp.

If you need a resume, here you go...

Now pout in the other room.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #104
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Just use this thread for opinions on S-Chassis versus Z33 and to share pics of cool Z33 (dont see too many cool drift styled ones).
Here.
Quote:
i like the s2000 a lot, but the fact that its not really too "driftable" steers me away from them
And here.

No need to respond to your other post. Corbic covered it pretty well. Just seems like you either don't like SR's or are woefully ignorant about them. Yeah, they're old & most of the low mileage one are gone. So what? You make it sound like a 2.0T isn't capable to lasting 100k. There's a lot of turbo MR2's still running around with high mileage these days too.

We can already tell reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'll just explain a few things to you clearly. No, I'm not in high school. My age is clearly listed. And there literally is a ton of Zilvia guys that like anime. No big deal. I use my particular avatar because the character practices the same martial art I do, a rarity.

Kinda done talking to you.

/end response
Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #105
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
He posts 5 pictures. 3 at a drift track and then says "what ya think you don't see to many drifting style ya".

Safe to assume he is not into Miata Spec racing.
i lol'd

yeah this thread is mainly drift related, not exclusive to drifting though

just wanted to see peoples opinion on drifting/owning s-chassis versus z33 as this is a s-chassis and z-chassis forum

more pics since what ya think you dont see to many drifting style ya

Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #106
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
I sold both my s14 and s13 to buy a Z and i do not regret it one bit. The amount of time i spent fixing both s chassis cars was to the point where its not even fun. I love having a newer car with less hassle.
This.
I loved my S13. But age/responsibility/career finally called for a car I didn't have to spend a good amount of time working on. That's life.
I enjoy driving my 350z and spend what spare time I can working on it and my 280zxt. I learned a lot from this forum and my 240.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #107
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I really hope a Z33 board takes off on Zilvia.
I agree, I've posted pics in the Z thread but it has yet to really take off. I also started my progress thread to document my car. Im sure it will eventually go that route.
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #108
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Unlike you peasants, some of us are in exclusive clubs like AAA. We don't change flat tires on the side of dangerous highways.
Another issue with spares is aftermarket wheels. If you run staggered you are fucked.
So why bother with that nonsense.
I have AAA. I dont understand why one would NOT want to be self-reliant. I have an electric air pump, spare tire that clears my big brakes (front and rear), and i carry an emergency tool set.

and btw, having a staggered or square wheel/tire setup makes no difference.

Quote:
If you need a resume, here you go...
Uhm... that turbo is a little too close to your brake fluid reservoir. You may want to do something about that... :-)

btw... i love the sr20det, but i think toyota 1-up'ed us with the 3s-gte. they did the same thing rb26dett vs 2jz-gte. not that the nissan motors are not good. they're just not AS good. those toyota motors are beast.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #109
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Oh lawd don't even get me fucking started.

It's hard to compare the S13/S14 to the Z33 when the majority of you probably drove around a haggered S-chassis to begin with.

And don't tell me "Oh but I had an SR with like 450hp, did 12's on the track bro". The major problem I see with S-Chassis owners these days who think they have a solid car is the retarded wheel/tire combo, inadequate braking system, improper tuning methods, crusty ass 20 year old bushings, improper camber, toe, caster, and a roll center fiasco.

It's completely unfair to compare this type of setup with a Z33 which more than likely just has wheels and a fucking cold air intake, and shitty Chinese LEDs sprinkled all around it.

Fucking people.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #110
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
baseless assumptions
Uhhhh, wut? What makes you think you know my setups?? Are you a wizard? I had a straight s13 with stock SR, coils, arms, 2 way, rotas, energy suspension bushings, and hawk pads. Now I have a 07' z33 Grand Touring, coils and arms going on this weekend. Just posting from experience. Have you owned a Z?

I think the Z will do well as a daily which sees the track once every month or so. If your going to be doing more drifting then that I'd stick with a set up s13.

Anyone else go from S chassis to Z?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #111
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
btw... i love the sr20det, but i think toyota 1-up'ed us with the 3s-gte. they did the same thing rb26dett vs 2jz-gte. not that the nissan motors are not good. they're just not AS good. those toyota motors are beast.

Meh, the problem with the 3sgte is there is nothing to put it into. Toyota did race the Supra with it and the Alteza had the hot BEAMS N/A version....but, who is going to give up a2j for a 4 banger?

As for the RB, the 2jz is in a completely different league.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #112
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

His assumptions are based on the proven track record of reality.

I went from a Z to a Tacoma.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #113
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Uhhhh, wut? What makes you think you know my setups?? Are you a wizard? I had a straight s13 with stock SR, coils, arms, 2 way, rotas, energy suspension bushings, and hawk pads. Now I have a 07' z33 Grand Touring, coils and arms going on this weekend. Just posting from experience. Have you owned a Z?

Thank you for proving my point. You gave me a list of 'mods' you added to your car but you didn't give me any specifics of your settings. Getting the car to handle properly is way more involved than swapping on coils and suspension arms.

The 240sx from the factory as you know comes in truck ride height, the suspension is tuned for this height. Slamming it to the ground and running stretched tires is not fair grounds to compare its handling characteristics to a 350z which already has a lower center of gravity with suspension that is tuned for it. Hell, they even have a model called "Track Edition".

The best thing I enjoy about the 350z is the fact that there are hipster drifters contemplating between buying an S13/S14 to drift into a wall or drifting the 350z into said wall. As time continues to tick, more and more of these hipster drifters will choose the 350z, why? because A/C drift car y0! N/A powah dawg!!! Plus the ladies love it? AMIRITE? Hahahahahahaha.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #114
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Last edited by Bushido; 07-17-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #115
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Hey douche, this is a drift car thread. For fun cars. Cars that do fun stuff and look cool doing it. Definitely not the type of cars where people are going to be splitting hairs about perfect suspension geometry.

For cars like this:

zankoku coilovers (12/8k)
spl rear camber arms
spl solid alu dif bushings
spl front endlinks
stillen swaybars
whiteline poly subframe bushings

weds tc105n 18x9.5 +10 (effective -13) and 18x10.5 +12 (effective -3)
pirelli 235/40f and dunlop (?) 265/35r

Not:

Get off your high horse and out of this thread. Maybe re-read the first post and check out the images? Also, you still don't own a Z so stfu.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #116
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Also, you still don't own a Z so stfu.
Only Z I would consider ownership of would be an S30, which (in my opinion), is a much more enjoyable experience than a Z33. Not trying to say the 350z is a bad car or anything, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Different strokes / different folks.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #117
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
I sold both my s14 and s13 to buy a Z and i do not regret it one bit. The amount of time i spent fixing both s chassis cars was to the point where its not even fun. I love having a newer car with less hassle.
Seriously. I love my S14, but god do I hate it SOOO much. It's always something with that thing. I can only imagine the headache you guys who drift yours have.

I've always been fond of this Z33.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #118
davidpham
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
davidpham is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
For those who were talking about s2000. I have both s2000 and s14. i like driving the s14 more imo
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #119
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I had a straight s13 with stock SR, coils, arms, 2 way, rotas, energy suspension bushings, and hawk pads. Now I have a 07' z33 Grand Touring, coils and arms going on this weekend.
Yawn...

Quote:
Hey douche, this is a drift car thread. For fun cars. Cars that do fun stuff and look cool doing it. Definitely not the type of cars where people are going to be splitting hairs about perfect suspension geometry.
You're such an idiot.

Quote:
zankoku coilovers (12/8k)
zankou makes coilovers?

their chicken is out of control - i cant even imagine what their suspension parts are like.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #120
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

You're such an idiot.
No you. Does it look like the alignment specs on this thing matters?? Do you care to know them?? Because I can tell you they are retarded.
Quote:
jzz30 is a cool car too. theres a thread in the ot about them.

thats what i wanted this thread to be like, discussing s chassis vs z33 and posting cool pics of them

All you've done is shit up this thread by picking apart peoples comments and droning on off topic. Post pics of Z33s.