Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #61
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Ugh love the white TEs and the specs. I think red is the best color for pulling off white TEs.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #62
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Ugh love the white TEs and the specs. I think red is the best color for pulling off white TEs.
Too bad I'm not staying red.

No offense to the other Red 180 style S13's running around in SoCal (because they still look awesome), but there's just too many in my opinion.

Red is my personal favorite color, but I'll be doing a full color change on this car.

Lexus has some nice colors right now.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #63
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I would do what my favorite color is instead of basing the decision on how many cars of a particular color it seems there are based on photos posted on the forums. But at the same time I completely understand how you feel haha.

It's sort of like what people always say about TEs on a 180. "Every 180SX has TEs on it." But I've probably never seen more than three of them in person in the last 8 years. I get it, but at the end of the day it's all about whatever you like best!

I'm sure it'll be cool either way. I'm actually excited to see it in a different color after all these years haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #64
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
How much were the tubs and all the other engine bay work?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #65
Cheaptalon

Trader Rating: (0)
Cheaptalon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It always puts a smile on my face when I see someone who loves their project so much that they (at some point) drive the same car in boring stock form as a daily. Keep the updates coming!
Cheaptalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:42 AM   #66
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Oh and, I'm diggin' this for sure! Any hints on the colour change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

It's sort of like what people always say about TEs on a 180. "Every 180SX has TEs on it." But I've probably never seen more than three of them in person in the last 8 years. I get it, but at the end of the day it's all about whatever you like best!
HAHA I never got this remark from people either. This and that TE's "are played out". I wish real TE's were played out, you people are trippin'

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #67
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Working long hours as always. No real time to get anything done these days unfortunately, but here it is.

Getting tires was kind of a pain since no one had these sizes in stock, but with the help of Kyle at Sonic Motor, I got what I needed.

No adjustable arms at this point. Rears will be pulled a bit to run less camber. Fronts will be pulled a bit as well for clearance.

Front will obviously be lower once the motor/drivetrain go back in.

17x9 +0 with 205/40/17 (will probably step back up to a 215/40/17 with this set up)

18x10.5 +15 with 225/40/18 (also will switch over to a 235/40/18 next time around)

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #68
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Solid build with solid parts! Keep it up man!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #69
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking good. You have a long way to go, but you're on the right track.

You will be relieved once the car is painted and you actually start the assembly process. Its unfortunate but quite amazing at just how much space parts in storage take. One car and easily consume the space of 3 cars when its in parts.

Keep up the good work and try to dedicate consecutive days where you can work on it. If you dont do that, you will end up taking much longer, like me!

ps: Careful with that front lip, the mounting studs break off all too easily. :P
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #70
lilcim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow! Excited to see more!
Old 01-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #71
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
Solid build with solid parts! Keep it up man!
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Looking good. You have a long way to go, but you're on the right track.

You will be relieved once the car is painted and you actually start the assembly process. Its unfortunate but quite amazing at just how much space parts in storage take. One car and easily consume the space of 3 cars when its in parts.

Keep up the good work and try to dedicate consecutive days where you can work on it. If you dont do that, you will end up taking much longer, like me!

ps: Careful with that front lip, the mounting studs break off all too easily. :P
Paint is what I'm really looking forward to at the moment. I'm ready to reassemble the entire car since I've had everything to build it for so long, but I can't bring myself to putting anything on it unless it's new or restored.

I try to set aside a few hours a week to work on the car, but with my line of work and having a 7 month old daughter, it's tough to get anything done.

I am determined to get it all reassembled this year though. Same goes for my S14. The 260z will be on the back burner until I get these two cars back on the road.

I actually cut off/removed the mounting studs. Haha. Having owned so many Kouki 180sx bumpers and lips, I've noticed that over the years, the holes get pretty beat up and the studs end up snapping off anyway. I do have all of the original hardware, brackets, and instructions to go with the front lip. It'll still be nice and snug on the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcim View Post
Wow! Excited to see more!
Thanks dude. Looking forward to your car as well!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #72
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Its been a while since I've perused the build forum but I'm loving this...if only more of us had better long term goals and approaches to how we built our 240s!
va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #73
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Prepped the rear end of the chassis for paint including the trunk area.

New DA sander came in. Going to finish pulling the fenders and go to town with the DA. Get the entire exterior all down and ready for a coat of primer.

Love my Dart Izumi.

Also, these came in the mail.

17x9.5 +12, 18x10.5 +15.

Maybe I should add some Model 5's to the mix.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:37 AM   #74
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
You should definitely add model 5s to the list. Also, I hate you for your wheel collection. Very jelly.

Keep up the good work man! If only more people had your approach to building these cars...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #75
SilviaForTheWin

SilviaForTheWin is an unknown quantity at this point
are you putting an sr in there ? I sure hope so..
SilviaForTheWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #76
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i was wondering where this build thread was hiding, glad i found it
Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #77
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Very nice cars, can't wait to see the end results

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #78
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Working long hours as always. No real time to get anything done these days unfortunately, but here it is.

Getting tires was kind of a pain since no one had these sizes in stock, but with the help of Kyle at Sonic Motor, I got what I needed.

No adjustable arms at this point. Rears will be pulled a bit to run less camber. Fronts will be pulled a bit as well for clearance.

Front will obviously be lower once the motor/drivetrain go back in.

17x9 +0 with 205/40/17 (will probably step back up to a 215/40/17 with this set up)

18x10.5 +15 with 225/40/18 (also will switch over to a 235/40/18 next time around)
Im in love with this picture, but the vsxx were better looking !!
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #79
Slideurmom
Leaky Injector

Slideurmom is an unknown quantity at this point
mmm can't wait to see more
Slideurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #80
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Please work less hours so you can work on this more!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:27 AM   #81
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
thats how professionals make money and build nice cars

we have jobs and dont waste our time building shit buckets
Old 03-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #82
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Quote:
thats how professionals make money and build nice cars

we have jobs and dont waste our time building shit buckets
Lol.

I really do work a crap ton of hours. Too many things to do and not enough time.

I know Mike and I can easily afford to pay someone to build these things for us, but it takes away from that feeling of accomplishment.

It would be a bit different if I still worked at a fab shop. I wouldn't have to worry about getting my suits dirty.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 03-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #83
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I know Mike and I can easily afford to pay someone to build these things for us, but it takes away from that feeling of accomplishment.
the costs of paying someone else to do this type of work is too expensive, i would never be able to justify paying that kinda money. the majority of shops are under qualified. and those that are qualified, are very expensive.

so i've learned to be very careful with which shops i trust and work with
Old 03-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #84
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
car looks good keep us up to date
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 PM   #85
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Geez I was just joking. lol
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #86
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
the costs of paying someone else to do this type of work is too expensive, i would never be able to justify paying that kinda money. the majority of shops are under qualified. and those that are qualified, are very expensive.

so i've learned to be very careful with which shops i trust and work with
this X165873516197613548315

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #87
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:

PREACH!

I feel like I've been building my car for way too damn long, but I refuse to pay someone else to do it for me. I may not be the best at building cars, but I trust myself with my own safety far more than most of the people here would. So many sketchy shops in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #88
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
...So many sketchy people in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#ftfy

That whole town is sketchy duder. That's why I rarely interacted with anyone when I lived out there.

So hey, what are you doing with those nifty TEs now that you've got your new wheels?
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #89
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
So hey, what are you doing with those nifty TEs now that you've got your new wheels?
Nothing. They're just spares.

I will still be running my gold VSXX on this car.

The TE's and LMGT4's were just wheels I wanted to own.

Haha

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #90
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Are those OE rear valances and lip or FRP? Fitment looks spectacular! I'm running white TE's on mine and now I want 18's for the rear...