Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
$10k for an S14?! :omgwtf:

So I was looking on autotrader today and I saw several stock zenki S14s (both SE and base, some AT too!!) for at least $9k...I also saw a few S13's with 150k+ miles starting around $6k. Keep in mind these cars are practically stock. Now, are people actually paying these prices...or are these just morons that will eventually decrease their price when they realize they won't sell. Because....if people are really paying that much for them...consider my car for sale.

I even saw a automatic 98 for $19k..

ibpeoplepmmeaboutbuyingmys14
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
It's what the bandwagon does to the market....
Old 10-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
sil40sx
BANNED

sil40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
id say, a good s13 is worth at least 6k. s14 with low miles, like 150k, minimum 10k. thats cheap too.
sil40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
urbanimpakt
Leaky Injector

urbanimpakt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil40sx
id say, a good s13 is worth at least 6k. s14 with low miles, like 150k, minimum 10k. thats cheap too.
u gotta be kidding me! 10k 4 a 10 year old car w/ 150k on the clock, thats a joke.

6k an 11+ year old car thats even a bigger laugh. There is nothing extremely special about a stock 240sx its a RWD econo box! Don't get me wrong I love my 14 year old econo box, but there is no way in hell I would pay 6k for one in stock form.

If you paid this much for one I give the guy that sold it to you a lot of credit he must no how to sell!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Market driven prices. These kids are coming out with their parents money and will pay whatever it takes to get into a 240, sellers know this and take full advantage of it. I'd do the same thing if I had one to sale.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
TheSmuggler00

TheSmuggler00 is an unknown quantity at this point
But what about us that cant afford that LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I'd say the people who cant afford it know more than the people who can lol
TheSmuggler00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:12 PM   #7
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
wow.

i hope this is true. not that i don't like my car, but for that money i would sell my s14 in a heartbeat and get a rx7 turbo II and do some work to it.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Maybe not outside of California but clean and lightly modified AE86s are going for a good 7-10K. Consider how old that car is.

I'd say those prices are just bloated in your region. Prices for 240sx are still relatively low over here.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:17 PM   #9
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
god who knows what i could get for my baby then. maybe i should start thinking about it?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:34 PM   #10
DaveSev
Leaky Injector

DaveSev is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got an S13 a month ago for 2000 with 100,000 miles....after passing up (ie, getting sold before I could see it) a '98 S14 with 80k miles for 6,900. Ohio. Rawr.
DaveSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:15 PM   #11
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
When you trade your Sil Eighty for a Nice Lexus Es300 You know something is wrong LMAO! I can sell this Lexus I got for way more then what i would have got for my 240 haha now I want Zenki or sumthing from the motherland lets make it happend
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #12
WhiteNissanS13
Zilvia Addict

WhiteNissanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WhiteNissanS13 Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteNissanS13
i'm seeing s14s going for 14k its not that rare, for some reason i believe 240sx's cost more in citys like san diego, and los angeles compared to the mid-west.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #13
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Well that is true. When I put my car up for sale on other forums I had so many people from Cali calling me it was insane. LOL
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #14
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
wow.

i hope this is true. not that i don't like my car, but for that money i would sell my s14 in a heartbeat and get a rx7 turbo II and do some work to it.
TTZ and E36 3-Series are also possiblities.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:31 PM   #15
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
Yea lol, San diego/san jose/LA all those are freaking rice factory dude. Like every 10 car there must be at least 1 have body kit and the other 5 have minor thing such as rims, etc. It ain't even funny dude.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:36 PM   #16
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Quote:

u keep thinking that....

hey maybe in 5 years the value of 240s will increase x3!!!!! YEAAA thats how the auto market works these days right???
Old 10-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #17
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
people that post on autotrader....usually don't get the asking price....but the do get what they REALLY want for the car. Anyways....the pricing is all road by the demand for these cars and the limit supply out there. I'm glad these cars are not cheap and easy to mod compared to other cars.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #18
C.
Zilvia Member

C. is an unknown quantity at this point
damn bro, 19K for an 98, LOL, i've had my 97 for sale for like a month and not a single person wants to even look at it because it's "so expensive" and i've been only asking 5500 for it, sigh, i wish i lived on cali.
C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:01 PM   #19
sil40sx
BANNED

sil40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
man, id pay 20k for a 95 if it was clean enough. and if i found a good condition s13 for 10k, id have no problem paying that, in fact, i think ill buy a couple right now, and maybe ill buy a new airplane, and some gold.
sil40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #20
psychedelicbeats
Zilvia Addict

psychedelicbeats is an unknown quantity at this point
i just found a maintained, nice looking car for sale for $10,000 obo with a lot of goodies laying left and right

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/46258537.html
psychedelicbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #21
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicbeats
i just found a maintained, nice looking car for sale for $10,000 obo with a lot of goodies laying left and right

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/46258537.html
Ya, but that's the type of car an enthusiast would not want. Anytime you get into a car that's already modded and driven you're getting into problems, since you can't know it's real history. For example a car with I/H/E on it has been flogged to hell and back, no matter what the owner says. You're buying a possible nightmare with something like that.

These cars on Ebay with SRs already in them are the worst, you're buying a 15yr car with a questionable condition motor installed by some backwoods moron that still sits on OE brakes and suspension. And these kids are paying out the ass for them only to have chit break left and right because it's just worn out.

Sad.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:59 PM   #22
rrichutt

rrichutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
These cars on Ebay with SRs already in them are the worst, you're buying a 15yr car with a questionable condition motor installed by some backwoods moron that still sits on OE brakes and suspension. And these kids are paying out the ass for them only to have chit break left and right because it's just worn out.
quote of the year.

edit : oops... this is aznpoopy. forgot i was on someone's name.
rrichutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:47 PM   #23
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Look at the price of a Supra after FnF, its still the same.... Give it another year and S13s will be one hell of an investment, especially with this WDC thing.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 PM   #24
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
dude.......how hard do you think it would be hard to put the engine in the new supra in the old ones? or maybe i could just do an rx7 turbo II like stated before. rx7+exhaust, bigger injectors, and a clutch=high 13's for only around 1500 bucks if you shop right. dang......maybe i DO need to get rid of the 240sx...
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #25
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe
Look at the price of a Supra after FnF, its still the same.... Give it another year and S13s will be one hell of an investment, especially with this WDC thing.
WDC?
fuck message length
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 PM   #26
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
man, id pay 20k for a 95 if it was clean enough. and if i found a good condition s13 for 10k, id have no problem paying that, in fact, i think ill buy a couple right now, and maybe ill buy a new airplane, and some gold.

why on earth would you pay 70% of the original sticker price for a car that doesn't even compare to some of the cars you could get today for that price. :cough: E36M3SupraFD300ZXhalfofanElise...:cough:
Old 10-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #27
Id-
Zilvia Member

Id- is an unknown quantity at this point
wrong forum to be asking that question check supra forums under MKIIIs and the 1jz/2jz swap; both are great motors with a lot of potential...
1500 on an RX-7 to do 13s? that include the car too? i doubt it
on a stock T2 you need a turboback, 720 secondaries, AFC, clutch, and tires to run some low 13s... trouble is, its still an RX-7 and its still very sensitive to detonation and it WILL blow up at one point

92 Nissan 240sx base coupe
-clean KA24DE swapped in
-GTIR T28
-Big FMIC
-565cc STi Injectors w/ Z32 MAF
-J30 VLSD w/ subframe spacers
-RPS Max clutch
-3" turboback
-PLMS Daughterboard on modded ECU
Id- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:09 PM   #28
urbanimpakt
Leaky Injector

urbanimpakt is an unknown quantity at this point
I need 2 start picking up 240's and selling them in CA if thats the price they're really going for. Man I thought 2500 for a pignose auto basemodel was expensive........
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #29
Id-
Zilvia Member

Id- is an unknown quantity at this point
technically mine was about $1260 for a 92 base coupe 5-speed
$700 for car with a rod out of the block, everything else was nearly new (clutch, flywheel, etc)
$500 for a good condition motor
$50 for a battery since i didnt get one with it
$10 misc fluids

I should do this more often and sell the cars to california too!!!

92 Nissan 240sx base coupe
-clean KA24DE swapped in
-GTIR T28
-Big FMIC
-565cc STi Injectors w/ Z32 MAF
-J30 VLSD w/ subframe spacers
-RPS Max clutch
-3" turboback
-PLMS Daughterboard on modded ECU
Id- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #30
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
150$ is what i paid for my car... plus about 6k to get it SR powered but in MO thats just what it cost..
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote