Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:34 AM   #31
sXe240

Trader Rating: (0)
sXe240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome progress dude. The more I look into your thread I get more ideas for finally restoring my S14.
sXe240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #32
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe240 View Post
Awesome progress dude. The more I look into your thread I get more ideas for finally restoring my S14.
Thanks. Hopefully we will start getting some paint on it next weekend.
And its always great to inspire people
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:44 AM   #33
Vwongjj

Vwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the rough
awesome. cant wait to see the finished build
Vwongjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:42 AM   #34
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

A small update from the weekend.
I dont have a lot of things to say about it, so just enjoy the pictures

Old 02-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #35
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Another weekend in the garage passed.
This time there was a LOT of visible progress!

2 weeks ago the car was primed. So this weekend we went crazy with scuffing the primer and throwing some black paint on it.

As you can see on the pictures. its a pretty decent job taken in consideration that it was done in a garage. But these mistakes will be corrected when the rest of the car will be painted.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #36
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

So another weekend passed and we got a bit more progress on the car.

But first we had to clean the garage a bit. I borrowed some floorcleaning chemicals from work. And "accidentally" dropped a bit of it undeluted on the floor.
I think the picture speak for itself

When that was done, we installed the light mechanism and the other stuff in the front.

Unfortunally we figured out the right light mechanism was bend a bit. But luckely i already got a new one.

We did some sound deadening. I found a good deal om some STP Gold and some other stuff for the whole car.

I actually liked the gold on black theme.
This step took a bit longer than necessary, but i wanted all the "STP" logos to be in the same direction. Thanks stupid OCD

After the first layer of sound deadening, my friend wanted to test out my new racing seat

And back to next step of the sound deadening install

And heres the difference between non-AC and AC

And then installed

Then its time for the interior wireharness

as i bought this harness secondhand, i only found this small problem. Its the speaker-wires that have been cut. This is not a problem for me, as i wanted to upgrade the speakerwires anyway

This is it for now. I hope that next update will be about the engine.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #37
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good. My crazy self would have cleaned the Wire loom, AC box, vents and replaced the foam gaskets so there are no air leaks when the blower is on.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #38
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanS14 View Post
Looking good. My crazy self would have cleaned the Wire loom, AC box, vents and replaced the foam gaskets so there are no air leaks when the blower is on.
Thanks.
I run out of time that weekend, but the plan is to tidy up the loom and wrap it with some fabric-tape so it wouldnt rattle. And we did actually replace all the foam gaskets. Unfortunally i didnt take any pictures of it.

its on purpose that we didnt clean the AC and vents. The plan is to fix the widebody and bodykit in the near future, so theres gonna be a lot of dust all over the car. So cleaning it now, would just be double work
Old 04-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #39
Vwongjj

Vwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the rough
progressing awesomely well!! I'll be starting on mine soon!! cant wait !
Old 05-01-2019, 03:42 AM   #40
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Well... Finally i got the time to work a bit on the S13.
Unfortunally we didnt have a lot of progress as we figured out we need to repaint some of the enginebay. The reason for this is that it was damaged in the right front corner. This destroyed the right headlight. So we welded it and painted without being able to testfit the headlight - Rookie mistake, i know.
So now the headlight sits to high and we cant get it flush with the hood and fender.

But good news. We did clean up the engineblock and gave it a bit of paint. And ofc. i bought a lot of random parts. i even found a set of cheap replica Bride seats. I know its replica. But with replica i wont be sad when i spill stuff om them.

Anyway. Heres a few pictures of the car so far:

Ohh yeah. i accidentally ordered these:
Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #41
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I almost got those eurolines for some spares! They were priced good too
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #42
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
I almost got those eurolines for some spares! They were priced good too
Absolutely. at 179USD plus shipping i couldnt resist :P But i might throw some other lips on them in the future.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #43
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Wow, I'm pretty blown away at the amount of work you've done! This is legit a full restoration! Very impressed. Makes the small amount of work ahead of me [replacing turbo (thinking of putting T28 in place of the factory T25 on my SR20DET) and tuning the veh, low beams aren't working, and gauge cluster also not working (car is RHD swapped so maybe the one who did it didn't even connect everything )] seem not so scary aha.

But my experience level is only moderate, consisting of installing bolt-ons like crazy on my '08 Civic Si that I supercharged. Definitely sub'd to keep an eye on the progress!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #44
Vwongjj

Loving the rear carbon trunk tray!!!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #45
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah where did you get the carbon privacy cover??????
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #46
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Wow, I'm pretty blown away at the amount of work you've done! This is legit a full restoration! Very impressed. Makes the small amount of work ahead of me [replacing turbo (thinking of putting T28 in place of the factory T25 on my SR20DET) and tuning the veh, low beams aren't working, and gauge cluster also not working (car is RHD swapped so maybe the one who did it didn't even connect everything )] seem not so scary aha.

But my experience level is only moderate, consisting of installing bolt-ons like crazy on my '08 Civic Si that I supercharged. Definitely sub'd to keep an eye on the progress!
Thank you for the kind words. But unfortunally i cant take all the credit. I have fantastic friends. Both a mechanic whos working on this in his sparetime and a painter whos willing to spend time on this small project
I also started out with doing basic stuff like changing oil and filter and so on. And now we just went all in and restorating the whole car as its getting pretty rare in Denmark. But the whole S-chassis community is so big and helpful, so its always easy to find the help you need
But the best advise i can give, is to do your research and take your time, it can safe your car :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwongjj View Post
Loving the rear carbon trunk tray!!!
Thanks. Unfortunally its only a prototype as its full of errors. But im working on creating "The final one"

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Yeah where did you get the carbon privacy cover??????
I made it myself
Heres a few pictures. As you can see, i used an original to get the shape. But i hated the big holes for speakers, so this was the coolest way to remove them

Old 05-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #47
Vwongjj

that is awesome! i cant wait to see version 1.2! its definitely gonna be way better
Old 09-13-2019, 11:12 AM   #48
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Im back!
Unfortunally i dont have that many updates. This is because of some stress related health issues and the fact that my company no longer allows me to do private work at the workplace. But luckily my wife and i are moving to a house with a small shed where i can do all my funny business.

I ordered a metal slam panel on croooober, but didnt like the raw metal look. So i wrapped it in some leftover carbon fiber. Its very good practice, and i actually am very pleased with the result.

I also ordered some copper pigment that i tried to put into some of the epoxy, It looks cool, but im not gonna use it on the car.

Over a year ago i bought a cheap dash, that i wanted to do something to. In the start i wanted to integrate some 52mm holes for gauges, but figured that it would be to 2005. So i desided just to flock it. I went on ebay and ordered a complete flocking kit and went crazy.
This was a BIG mistake!
The "glue" was some paint that dried so fast that 3 people couldnt put it on properly, so we had to put it on over 3 days - and it looks like shit. Im very displeased, but you can see the result in the pictures.

Next project will be to remove the flocking from the dash and try something else.

Another really bad thing about the car - we have to install a new radiator core support as mine is bend more than we thought. I ordered and paid it 2 month ago, and hopefully it will arrive in the end of this month.

But i received my Work Euroline DH wheels! This have been hell. The danish postal service is extremely bad. Dont know anything about customer service.
The story is kinda funny though. I ordered the wheels from Crooober in Japan with cheapest shipping (about 2 months of shipping) It arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark. The danish postal service returned the wheels to japan because they were to heavy. Didnt even give me the opportunity to drive 300km to pick them up myself. And they were returned by air. A few days after i was contacted by Crooober customerservice telling me that the wheels have been returned and suggested to ship my 4 wheels in 4 individually packed boxes. I agreed and waited another 1½-2 months.
All 4 wheels arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark and was there untill i paid the import charges. This was done instantly.

The 2 first wheels was delivered at my work where they were left together with some trash and my colleague was very close to throw them out. I contacted the postalservice and said i have never received anything, and the day after the deliveryman came by and asked if we didnt find the wheels, I told him that we had the wheels there the whole time, but i just wanted to make it perfectly clear for him that NEVER leave packages without a signature at a company.

Wheel number 3 came a few days later and it was signed for.

But wheel number 4...
Ohh boy... Let me repeat that the danish postalservice have the WORST customerservice ever!
I wrote to them telling that i can see the package havent been released from customs. They said it was because i havent paid the import fees - i had, and had proof of this. They couldnt help and told me to call their customerservice. I called the customerservice, waited around 30 minutes and because they dont have access to the import-information. I was told to call another number. This was a direct line and it only took 5 minutes. Here i was told to send the receipt of the import fee to the same mail-address as i wrote to in the start... After a week i called again, and they couldnt find the fucking package!!!
In the end the last wheel arrived, so i now have a complete set of Work Euroline DH 18x8/9.

As stated in the start, my wife and i are moving in the near future. So she thought it was smart to sell our sofa. So i was an opportunity for a bit of interior design!

My mechanic talked something about us needing some conrod bolts and nuts. So i ordered a set of ARP.

Last but not least, my wife needed a car, and i wanted my daily driver back, so we sold our Suzuki WagonR (that i wanted to make widebody) and she bought a Toyota Yaris Hybrid. Fun little car if you can get used to the e-cvt gearbox.

I hope that the next update will come within a month or so
Old 09-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #49
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post
Im back!

My mechanic talked something about us needing some conrod bolts and nuts. So i ordered a set of ARP.
Best part about ordering parts from Euro companies is the candy they send in the packages

The postal customer service sounds about on par with the USPS as well.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:33 AM   #50
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Best part about ordering parts from Euro companies is the candy they send in the packages
Haha. Gotta love europe for all the candy :P

Anyway, ive had a few surprises in the last few days.
An old friend who is going to modify my oil pan/sump send me a few pictures of the process. And it looks very promising!

It was sandblasted on the outside, and he started to draw the larger pan so theres room for more oil, and of course some baffles. Do i need this? no. But we do this because we can

Also, after months of waiting, my part from Nissan finally arrived! Only took about 2 months as it needed to be shipped all the way from Japan. But here it is!
Item number 62500-53F00 - The complete front!

So now we can finally get it all put properly together so my painter can do his job.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #51
Allen2688

Allen2688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post

Also, after months of waiting, my part from Nissan finally arrived! Only took about 2 months as it needed to be shipped all the way from Japan. But here it is!
So now we can finally get it all put properly together so my painter can do his job.
Wow, how did you manage to get a new front core support assembly, I thought they were discontinued?
Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #52
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen2688 View Post
Wow, how did you manage to get a new front core support assembly, I thought they were discontinued?

I just went to the local Nissan dealership, threw around 500USD after them and they ordered one from japan. 2 months after it arrived But yes, they are getting hard to get.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #53
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

I have a small update on the engine.
We finally got some of it back together.
We started with freshly honed cylinders and a beer to plan the weekend.

I ordered King Racing bearings in standard size for both main and rods

And they were installed with plastigage 0,025 inch / 0,076mm

And the result was this:

Looks pretty good so far.

Then it was time to put it together for the final time.
we used excessive amounts of Royal Purple Max-tuff assembly lube.

On to the pistons. Here we are using stock pistons, but with RIK pistonrings and ARP bolts and nuts

And again, we used Plastigage to meassure clearances. And they were perfect within spec.

When all 4 pistons were back, we installed the oilconsole, oil and waterpump

And thats how far we got that weekend.
Im hoping that we will get the radiatorsupport installed in the near future. But well see.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #54
Vwongjj

Nice Update!! Damn I would love an upgraded oil sump for my CA too!!
Old 10-20-2019, 11:08 PM   #55
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Awesome build! Stay with it!!
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #56
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

So... Disaster happend.
My mechanic took the front apart to install the new radiator support. And he found this small error:

Is this even possible to safe? if so, how?
Making a tube front is not an option as its gonna be used for street. And the laws in this country does not accept something like that.

But on a sidenote, i finally picked up a hood i bought 10 years ago for my old S13:

Old 01-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #57
cherryhatch

cherryhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully one of your awesome friends owns a frame rack!! Hahaha, but seriously it is unfortunate finding that damage after the engine bay had been painted

Last edited by cherryhatch; 01-07-2020 at 10:39 AM..
cherryhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:50 AM   #58
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
in the netherlands they have company's that have a frame straightening bench.. i don't know if you have something like that in your area. but i think they can fix that for you
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #59
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

I had an awesome friend who got the front back where it belonged. We spend hours meassuring so everyting is exact where it should be. All with the help of a big hammer, some wood and a jack (and some beer)

Here is the after pictures where you can see how much we moved the front:

Installing the lights on the radiatorsupport for easier install:

And welded it back where it belonged after even more messurements

Now when the radiatorsupport FINALLY is installed for the last time in the cars lifetime, i moved forward tomaking brackets for the frontmount Mishimoto intercooler. This is the first edition to see how it would fit behind the TypeX bumper.

Unfortunally it didnt fit as the TypeX bumper sits pretty close to the radiatorsupport.

But by making the lower intercooler brackets shorter, it got more angle, and it looks like it would fit if i trimmed the bumper and indicator plastic a bit.

If youre reading this, please give Order42 a follow on facebook and/or instagram. Links below the picture:

http://facebook.com/order42
https://www.instagram.com/_order42_/
We are trying to create cheap and affordable S-chassis t-shirts and hoodies with free worldwide shipping (around 15USD for tshirt and around 30USD for hoodies). But the designs are still in the works - If you have any designs, please message me

Anyway, back to business.
After the intercooler was where we wanted it to be, it was time to drill holes for the intercooler piping. Luckily my eye meassurements were spot on (only had one beer when it happend)

When we are working on my car, we always have fun and play around. Its always better to have some friends who enjoy the same hobbies.

They also started looking at my head and made it ready for some new gaskets and so on...

I had a quick look under the car, and realized that i cant wait until we have the whole underside rustfree and coated. Theres a few spots where we need to weld in some new metal. But overall it looks pretty good for a 30 year old car in a country where we use excessive amounts of salt on the roads in the winter.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #60
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

And i just got a few pictures of the progress of the sump. It looks really promising!

I would love to design stuff for the car, so im starting to learn how to use Solidworks. And no, its not easy, but i like a Challenge :P