Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2022, 11:02 PM   #421
danbarnett123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
danbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
WHAT IS OEM+?????
In my opinion, it means utilizing OEM parts but not necessarily meant for your car. Z and R parts come to mind.
So yes, I would agree that you are correct that type X and 180sx parts on an s13 is simply OEM.

Great bump, bring back zilvia!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2022, 04:13 AM   #422
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in my opinion OEM+ is stock body, no wide fenders, OEM bumpers maybe with a little lip or subtile skirt. so that it stays true to the original. and if you are doing mods they should be reversible.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #423
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Im gonna ask a big question... especially since no one can give a direct answer as the term came from the Volkswagen scene.

WHAT IS OEM+?????

to me it seems like a blanket term for youngins who are far past us old dudes that use OEM+ to describe "OEM" style aero with factory "type x" lights and upgrades ("type x" aero is actually called 180sx kouki aero btw)

back in our day... OEM aero was just OEM aero.

INPUT PLEASE because the term makes NO SENSE in my mind!
OEM+ 'should' describe an all OEM car with minor, tasteful mods that keep the OEM look. Think a car with OEM aero, OEM wheels, with minor performance mods (FMIC, exhaust, maybe springs) and that's it.

If someone is running coilovers slammed to the ground, large wheels and a 'built' engine, that's no longer OEM+ in my opinion.

Just wait until us old guys start throwing out some BS like "numbers matching all original". Ugh, I kinda dread that day.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:09 AM   #424
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I would say mostly original exterior + better suspension, wheels, minor interior updates, and not unreasonably low. Could go either way with engine swaps.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:41 AM   #425
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Im gonna ask a big question... especially since no one can give a direct answer as the term came from the Volkswagen scene.

WHAT IS OEM+?????

to me it seems like a blanket term for youngins who are far past us old dudes that use OEM+ to describe "OEM" style aero with factory "type x" lights and upgrades ("type x" aero is actually called 180sx kouki aero btw)

Here's a good "modern" example from Subaru (I'm not going to ruin this thread with a pic of a non Nissan car): https://response.jp/article/2018/12/26/317528.html (use google translate if you want full details)

Basically Subaru made the WRX STI TC380 with OEM optional aero bits, HKS turbo/ exhaust, HKS coilovers, Work M.C.O. rims, Advan A052 tires, SYMS chassis damper and Recaro seats (along with other small upgrades). They literlally just took a OEM car and put some cohesive aftermarket upgrades on it to make it "+".
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 11:47 AM   #426
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:

WHAT IS OEM+?????

I think OEM plus means using OEM options with some aftermarket items to upgrade the look.

Like a full kouki type x with coilovers, wheels and bucket seats for example.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #427
S14_Sak

S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
My first post of my s14! Still needs a lot of work but getting there slowly. Next thing that has to go is that cannon ball lol.

fortune auto 500s
18" bbs lm
navan rear spat
oem kouki side skirt
oem jdm front bumper
basic boltons with gt28r

Last edited by S14_Sak; 04-25-2022 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: added more info
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:29 PM   #428
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic180sx View Post

Sold it 10 years ago to buy an apartment. Now a decade later I got back in the game and importing an authentic 180sx Type X (silver car). Planning to keep everything OEM, with a couple Nismo old logo additions.
Oof. I know you paid for that shit. My AJ4 SpecR came from them...and I had to replace the coil packs when it showed up. Not trying to put a damper on your mood, but Space Auto overcharges and doesn't even do routine checks. Pissed me off. Beyond that, I had no problems with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I would say mostly original exterior + better suspension, wheels, minor interior updates, and not unreasonably low. Could go either way with engine swaps.
This is what I had in mind when I made this thread. OEM in appearance, but with a drop and nice wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
My first post of my s14! Still needs a lot of work but getting there slowly. Next thing that has to go is that cannon ball lol.
Please post more of this car lol.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:51 PM   #429
gzus9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
Wow really clean car!
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:18 AM   #430
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

WHAT IS OEM+?????

I first heard of the term back in my watercooled VW owning days (circa 2001) as a reaction to the typical VW show car look of that era (candy colors, Vader body kits, aftermarket everything). Since US-spec VWs were always so watered down just like Nissans there was a ton of room for customization between euro-market parts, Audi and Skoda parts, etc. to create something that was personalized and amazing but still within the bounds of "how the factory could've done it"

It was just like what we used to call "JDM" before that term got bastardized to mean cars with lots of Japanese *aftermarket* parts, drift sluts, etc. It was the same look... one of the cars that got me into the 240SX was Slide Squad Mark's Silvia conversion:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...drifting-cars/
AKADriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #431
vespaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (64)
vespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
My S13 K’s 1992 on BBS (RG065) from factory
Instagram:bkkcarboy

Last edited by vespaman; 05-12-2022 at 11:59 AM..
vespaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:46 PM   #432
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Got my hands on a brand new key set for S13 hatch.

Massively overpaid for one item but got this as a reward from the seller.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #433
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Oh man that's a nice gift lol.

I got this weird sunshade thing in my S13 from Kumamoto. It has clips that mount along the outer edges (no adhesive) and it's meant for the S13 Silvia. I have legit NEVER seen this in any optional magazine. Anyone have more info on this?
Old 07-29-2022, 04:21 AM   #434
sam__iron

sam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of light
My 1989 200sx s13 with 50k miles (81k km)

Insta: @s13.sam

sam__iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:18 AM   #435
leftfootbrake

leftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the rough
Sourced this for my build, my housing was completely fucked up.

leftfootbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:21 AM   #436
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Love to see cars like this still out there. With millage that low I want to see more pictures of the engine bay and interior. You definitely found the right thread for this beauty, OEM+ is just so good!
Old 07-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #437
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam__iron View Post
Insta: @s13.sam

The Volks, the pignose, just so perfect. Got any shots of your CA18?
Old 07-31-2022, 01:43 PM   #438
sam__iron

sam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
The Volks, the pignose, just so perfect. Got any shots of your CA18?
Old 07-31-2022, 01:44 PM   #439
sam__iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Love to see cars like this still out there. With millage that low I want to see more pictures of the engine bay and interior. You definitely found the right thread for this beauty, OEM+ is just so good!

Old 07-31-2022, 03:35 PM   #440
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Realized I hadn't posted this before but it belongs in the preservation thread:

The previous owner of my car had some questionable tastes - painting the shifter bezel and speaker grilles blue for some reason - but he also did something I've never seen: he had the stock seats reupholstered in stock cloth.

Those are 320,000 mile seats. But only maybe 20k on the new cloth. They're way comfier than any S13 stock seats I've sat in too so whoever did the work got the foam just right.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:51 PM   #441
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-nissan-240sx-20/

I guess some famous YouTuber is bidding on it or something? I am so not in with the times...

[email protected]
Old 08-12-2022, 11:02 PM   #442
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Quote:

WHAT IS OEM+?????

i fcking hate all the new terms these days. the new kids are stupid and cringeworthy
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #443
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's OEM, plus. Factory, taken to the next level.

That's it. It's not rocket science. It's literally what it says.

Don't look at the sun directly, it'll blind you.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:15 PM   #444
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
i fcking hate all the new terms these days. the new kids are stupid and cringeworthy
I said this already but we were using the term "OEM+" to describe this style on VWVortex 20 years ago.

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/oem.../#post-1958928
Old 08-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #445
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It's OEM, plus. Factory, taken to the next level.

That's it. It's not rocket science. It's literally what it says.

Don't look at the sun directly, it'll blind you.
you sound stupid.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:42 PM   #446
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This is what I had in mind when I made this thread. OEM in appearance, but with a drop and nice wheels.

Alright i can understand. Previously the thread was just "preservation" wasnt it?

anyway, i had this idea in mind for my car. only jdm kouki aero, but i added chargespeed overs. Kept the oem-ish look, but just more aggressive
Old 08-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #447
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

in case anyone is in the market for a mostly stock/original S13 base:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVz...3-nissan-240sx

[email protected]
Old 08-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #448
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I'm eyeballing it, helps that it's local.

I wrecked my car earlier this month and I want a nice chassis to put my parts into -- no more tracking s13s for me.

I imagine it's gonna go for mid to high teens which is more than I want to spend on a car that will barely get driven.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:48 AM   #449
AKADriver
Post Whore!

I saw this one pop up today, rare for the east coast but could be a good deal in today's market. Wish they had shots of the engine bay and front wheelwells. Also the spare tire well since it has unpatched foam spoiler rot.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5408347608512/
Old 08-17-2022, 09:04 AM   #450
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is a guy local to me with a 89 Red hatch. Bone stock, 5 speed, factory fog lights etc. I call him every spring and every fall trying to buy it (which is what he tells me to do) I'd love to have an excellent example of one of these shitboxes.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote