Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #181
samotage
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I paid 50k for mine in 1997... it was straight and practically new.

I remember once upon a time our dollar bought more than an American dollar, happy days they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 07:24 AM   #182
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage View Post
It’s ok. I just realised I have to pull my front bar off to complete fitting my bash plate. Such a fucking hobby lols.

Least you guys are doing the cool stuff..I'm over here trying to figure out how to get the winshshield washer system back on the car after my younger self ripped it all out.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #183
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahss View Post

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
dude, that hood scoop throws off the balance of the car, looks soooo out of place and ridiculously big. Not my car I know, but just my.02
Old 02-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #184
Getchevyn

Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"

Last edited by Getchevyn; 02-16-2020 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: pictures
Getchevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #185
samotage
BANNED

That is an outstanding red car! Keep it!

Old 02-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #186
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
I wouldnt know what to do with something that stupid clean. Lucky and smart man
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #187
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getchevyn View Post
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"
...if this isn't the reason I made the thread, I don't know what else is.

Thank you for sharing this, man. This is so cool to see.

Funny how Nissan is quick to condemn these cars then tries to buy (probably on the cheap) them out from under us.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 AM   #188
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I wonder what Nissan would want with an s13? Show and display?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:16 AM   #189
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...if this isn't the reason I made the thread, I don't know what else is.

Thank you for sharing this, man. This is so cool to see.

Funny how Nissan is quick to condemn these cars then tries to buy (probably on the cheap) them out from under us.

Plus one. That trunk though... we call it a boot here in antipodes. I gave up going for as new, so I did something else...

Which also gives scope for elastic tie downs. I’ve always found the light lid makes this a very useful compartment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #190
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The most mint 240sx I've seen in almost 15 yrs. Wow! That's a time capsule. And I thought my brother has the cleanest stock 240sx I've ever seen for a long while now.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #191
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:50 AM   #192
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Red hatch is incredible, really enjoyed reading that on a Monday morning!
Thanks for sharing getchevyn
Old 02-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #193
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles.
$ Front fenders and Dash shipped to 99705. Thanks.

Gorgeous car sir.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #194
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
unreal

do the right thing and sell it to me
Quote:
I brought this car after college with cash.

Last edited by cured13; 04-03-2020 at 12:11 AM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #195
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
^ You really had to quote all the pics?
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #196
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
do the right thing and sell it to me
The right thing would be to never sell and keep providing the same level of care that has kept it looking like that for 26 years.

...No one could have done a better job, my hat is off to you sir.
super.trick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #197
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Yes!

Last edited by cured13; 04-03-2020 at 12:12 AM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #198
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Fix the leaky hicas setup please
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #199
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Probably some sleezball salesman trying to snag it from an unsuspecting owner, buy it himself, and then flip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
yes
...yeah but can you please edit the comment and delete them. It sucks when scrolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Delete the leaky hicas setup please
Fixed that. Also fuck you for finding the ONE thing wrong lol.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #200
KrisLN

KrisLN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I do have folders with print outs of literally every single last part number for S13's and S14's. I'll see if I can give myself some time soon to scan them and upload them on here for people to reference in the future.
Did you ever find time to post those? That what be an awesome resource to have access to
KrisLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #201
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Nissan’s Zama Heritage Collection has a lot of cars with low/zero miles. More than half of them are cars repurchased from original owners to showcase the vehicles in “original condition”.

If it’s a serious inquiry from corporate, there may be a bounty internally with a list of vehicles they’re trying to procure.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:22 PM   #202
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisLN View Post
Did you ever find time to post those? That what be an awesome resource to have access to

I came across this
https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-c...4/4117-sr20det

Has everything I’ve been looking for, get the part number buy it there or find elsewhere.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #203
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Least you guys are doing the cool stuff..I'm over here trying to figure out how to get the winshshield washer system back on the car after my younger self ripped it all out.
i have a spare washer tank with pumps. The wiring isnt all that complex.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #204
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Nissan’s Zama Heritage Collection has a lot of cars with low/zero miles. More than half of them are cars repurchased from original owners to showcase the vehicles in “original condition”.

If it’s a serious inquiry from corporate, there may be a bounty internally with a list of vehicles they’re trying to procure.

...yeah but they're mostly cars no one cares about or knows of. I went there and it was kind of a let down. The race cars get rotated in and out of Nissan HQ in Yokohama which is way easier to get to.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #205
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
...yeah but they're mostly cars no one cares about or knows of. I went there and it was kind of a let down. The race cars get rotated in and out of Nissan HQ in Yokohama which is way easier to get to.
wtf? you must have gone on the worst day possible. when we went there were at least 2-3 dozen cars worthy of nut-busting.
R390 road going version and race version,
R33-LM
a handful of instantly recognizable Silhouette cars
a long row of 70's Datsun sunny and 240Z race cars
R33 SEDAN gtr (actual Nissan produced GTR sedans are pretty uncommon)
Gorgeous dark blue Stagea wagon that was the pace car for some racing series (I can't remember which) on bronze LMGT4
Taisan R32 race car (the one driven by Tsuchiya)

as well as the rows and rows of flawless showroom level, bone stock assorted nissans/datsuns/Princes

ALSO, Nissan HQ in Yokohama was def cool, and merch was cheaper there than at Omori Factory, but they only had 2 cool cars on display (and a bone stock z34). Granted, one was a old R90 race car, and the other was the V2 Mid4 concept, both panty droppers, but still, only 2 cars.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #206
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
wtf? you must have gone on the worst day possible. when we went there were at least 2-3 dozen cars worthy of nut-busting.
R390 road going version and race version,
R33-LM
a handful of instantly recognizable Silhouette cars
a long row of 70's Datsun sunny and 240Z race cars
R33 SEDAN gtr (actual Nissan produced GTR sedans are pretty uncommon)
Gorgeous dark blue Stagea wagon that was the pace car for some racing series (I can't remember which) on bronze LMGT4
Taisan R32 race car (the one driven by Tsuchiya)

as well as the rows and rows of flawless showroom level, bone stock assorted nissans/datsuns/Princes

ALSO, Nissan HQ in Yokohama was def cool, and merch was cheaper there than at Omori Factory, but they only had 2 cool cars on display (and a bone stock z34). Granted, one was a old R90 race car, and the other was the V2 Mid4 concept, both panty droppers, but still, only 2 cars.
Yeah but that's essentially what I said: The racecars are always in and out of Yokohama. So I've seen a lot of them before with the added benefit of being able to do other things in Yokohama as opposed to the area surrounding the Zama Museum.

From a visiting standpoint, yeah it would be better to see the race cars in one go. I think I just wanted to see more 'Golden Era' variants as opposed to two rows of 80s Laurels and Glorias.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:41 PM   #207
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
not sure why you think they're cars no one cares about.

The point of the museum is to have a single collection of Nissan heritage. If you wanted race cars, this place still is 70-80% of the entire collection of famous Nissan race cars that is available to be seen in one place, in one trip. For the inquiry from corporate earlier in this thread, it may very well be someone with a list of cars to try to purchase should they come across it...

I've been to Zama 3 times in 4 years. Been to Nismo HQ 6 times in 5 years. Every trip to Japan, I go to all the usual car places in hopes of seeing something rare.

Nissan HQ is nice but you have to be camping out often to see the cars.
Nismo HQ is nice but you have to be camping out often to see the cars.

There isn't any other place in Japan that has that many rare cars in one place, only other place that comes close is the Honda Collection Hall which is even farther than Zama.

Forget about Toyota. They don't show their race cars. The only time I got lucky with Toyota was my first trip back in 2005, randomly came across the Toyota GT-One on display at Mega Web.

This post reminds me to post up the pics from Zama + Honda Collection Hall. Will do it later.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #208
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
not sure why you think they're cars no one cares about.

The point of the museum is to have a single collection of Nissan heritage. If you wanted race cars, this place still is 70-80% of the entire collection of famous Nissan race cars that is available to be seen in one place, in one trip. For the inquiry from corporate earlier in this thread, it may very well be someone with a list of cars to try to purchase should they come across it...

I've been to Zama 3 times in 4 years. Been to Nismo HQ 6 times in 5 years. Every trip to Japan, I go to all the usual car places in hopes of seeing something rare.

Nissan HQ is nice but you have to be camping out often to see the cars.
Nismo HQ is nice but you have to be camping out often to see the cars.

There isn't any other place in Japan that has that many rare cars in one place, only other place that comes close is the Honda Collection Hall which is even farther than Zama.

Forget about Toyota. They don't show their race cars. The only time I got lucky with Toyota was my first trip back in 2005, randomly came across the Toyota GT-One on display at Mega Web.

This post reminds me to post up the pics from Zama + Honda Collection Hall. Will do it later.
I didn't say I wanted more racecars. I said what I thought they'd have and they didn't have it.

I'm a big Nissan fan, but not big enough to be satisfied by old four doors in immaculate condition.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:40 AM   #209
samotage
BANNED

Quote:

Let me know if you need any pics, my washer bottle etc is all exposed at the moment but won’t be for long as I build out splash guards!

Old 03-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #210
HustlinFlip

HustlinFlip is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got my HKS Hipermax IV GT coilovers installed and fitted these R34 GT-R wheels (18x9 +30) with 255/35 all around. Currently running a 3mm spacer in front to clear the coilovers (might up it to 5mm in front or 10mm all around with new extended studs).

Deciding on which new bushings to get because I realized a lot of them are shot.
HustlinFlip is offline   Reply With Quote