Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #31
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Bride Zeros.

full bucket
huge bolsters.
excellent fit for me.
i've driven for 4 hours straight in it and only got slightly uncomfortable in it in the last half hour.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #32
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
get the backrest brian it will be pure comfort times 8000000
lindsay stole my extra one.
dave can get it for you it slike 35 bucks
and its jdm tyto

i have a ZIEG.
same as ZEROS minus the ear pieces

it RULES
driven it aout 3.5 hours pure comfort.
i love full buckets.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #33
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
Sparco Sprint = good stuff.

I've had lots of time in R32 and Civic Si (EP) seats, both are wonderful, but I'd have to say the R32 seats are better and something I can live with, it's not showy and have shit written all over it.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:10 AM   #34
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Bride Zeta II or III depending on your size and the Recaro Pole Position.

Those are by far the most comfortable seats i have sat in. I used to want a reclinable, but then i tried the bride and recaro buckets. They're so comfortable! Like Aaron (Dousan) was saying, full buckets rock. I cant wait to get my zeta III! Anybody have one or know anybody that has one for sale!

Anyway, dont by cheap quality seats. Stick with Bride, Recaro, and Sparco. Corbeau is ok i guess. I dont like their seats. IMO, the fabric seemed cheap and they werent very comfortable. But then again, some people love them. So its up to you. Another option could be skyline r32 gtr seats. They have excellent bolstering for a stock seat and pretty easy to get a hold of. Or you could just buy a set of cloth s14 seats or reupholster your leather ones.
Instagram: @rjsladerade

Last edited by revat619; 02-15-2005 at 01:26 AM..
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:15 AM   #35
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
By the way, has anyone tried the new LowMax seats from Bride? They seem like a quite good concept, being lower and closer to center. However, the one I've tried (the one with the helmet bolsters) was way too narrow to fit in. Are any of the new line more "american sized"?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:02 AM   #36
BlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

BlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackS14
I can only speak for the seat that I currently own as of now....the Corbeau A4's. They are a great seat....not sure where the "entry level" tag came from....I would consider Matrix seats or something of that calliber to be "entry level", but whatever...lol

Anyways...I paid close to $900 for both seats and both brackets. Only real issue I had with the rails is that I had to unbolt the slider portion of them to make the seat sit low enough for my comfort. Other than that, they're bolstered pretty well and hold my ass in like a glove during "spirited driving"..hehehe

Some folks also have issues with the quality of these seats. Mine (besides the two rips that I put in them while doing stupid things inside the car) are in almost perfect condition after a year and a half of use. They catch quite a bit of lint as well..bah....in the end...good seats for the cash IMO.

-Bill
Old 02-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #37
Cthulhu
Zilvia Member

Cthulhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cthulhu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Kudo
By the way, has anyone tried the new LowMax seats from Bride? They seem like a quite good concept, being lower and closer to center. However, the one I've tried (the one with the helmet bolsters) was way too narrow to fit in. Are any of the new line more "american sized"?
I'm fairly sure the Zeta type L is still the most "american sized" bucket they make, although that all depends on how "american sized" you are.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:37 AM   #38
MrSkinny
Zilvia Member

MrSkinny is an unknown quantity at this point
how bout momos
Old 02-15-2005, 06:58 AM   #39
98sr20ve
Zilvia Member

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Kudo
Yeah, anything that is fake and says BRIDE is automatically crap. The ones that are supposedly good are unmarked, and are made of a sort of suede fabric.

Still, I'd avoid them. Spend your money on a good seat, you'll want one someday and be kicking yourself for wasting the money on cheap ones otherwise.
Those are the seats I have (unmarked ones). They are really nice. I have a real Sparco and these are better in some ways and not in others. Not kicking myself yet. They are a little tight around my shoulders. They have a quality feel in the foam. Fabric is holding up well. They hold you in well. Seem to be well made as well.
98sr20ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #40
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The material quality on sparco and the fact you can get decent seats with FIA approval is what made me decide to change I have one corabeau forza in the passenger side and a sparco evo L (fat shit) for the driver side I am going to change to the sparco in the long run for both sides the fit and quality is far superior also the corabeau brackets and seats put my head to the roof and i am only 6'

My biggest complaint wth the corabeau was the fabric it is very thin and snags easily not to mention I hate that velour texture
Old 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #41
BlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

"the Head"......I agree with you on that one. The fabric they use is not much to my liking. In the end...my Corbeaus are simply to tide me over until I can grab hold of some Brix II's

-Bill
Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #42
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
The cheap seats will tear, and are of bad quality.
I like brides, but their seats are a little bit higher in price.

I use sparco seats, i would not reccomend the speeds, or the sprint, as they suck balls for comfort.

I would also stay away from side mounted seats, as they are hard to mount in a 240 with the hump in the floor.

So that would leave us with the best bottom mount seat sparco makes.
The fighter. I have 2 of these and would not use any other seat. they are really comfy, and hold up well.

I have black ones but heres a pic of a red one. btw about $600 each with rails.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #43
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
If you consider Corbeau to be expensive, I worry about you
hahahahahaah

dont buy anything from what you listed above maybe with the exception of the Sparco Torinos....but even those are still kinda large and dont "mold" your body after some break in time....

check up on SCCA forums, Porsche forums, racing forusm and buy some seats used. Lots of people sell their Recaro SPG's for less than $500, ive seen them go for as low as $300 in excellent condition. Theres a reason why Sparco, Bride, Recaro, AAR, etc are pricey, but IMO Brides shouldnt be as expensive as they are...

oh yea , staty away from Corbeau, unless you like fading fabric, clinging fabric, lightly padded bolsters, and frame jabbing you in the gut
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:12 PM   #44
98sr20ve
Zilvia Member

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point
As much as you guys wont believe me......My Sparco Roadster does not hold up as well as the Ebay seats with the Alacantra.
98sr20ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #45
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
anyone know where and how much i can get the sparco kidney bolsters for i want a set for my evo L
Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #46
BlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

[QUOTE=Heartwork

oh yea , staty away from Corbeau, unless you like fading fabric, clinging fabric, lightly padded bolsters, and frame jabbing you in the gut[/QUOTE]

See....I have no issues with mine with any of the above (except for the clinging fabric ordeal even I complained above about). I feel no framing in my seats, fabric hasn't faded a damn bit...and yeah...maybe they aren't as padded as your more expensive seats, but still do a damn fine job. I daily drive in mine.....lots.....and not seeing any of this. Maybe folks who Auto-x more where sliding and moving around in the seat is more common do....hmmmm

-Bill
Old 02-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #47
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
To the original poster, Bottom of the line seat I would consider that is non oem are the Corbeaus. Why not try and find some decent s14, z32, or z33 seats? That would be a good compromise. You will learn its basically all out or nothing

p.s. How is the quality and fitment of Momo as well? I've been wondering this but nobody has much to say....They look light,hah..
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #48
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by Heartwork; 02-15-2005 at 04:22 PM..
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #49
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
Thumbs up Nissan Skyline R32 GTR Seats

for bigger guys like me, stock R32 GTR seats rock.

PROS
can use racing harness
no brackets or sliders needed
holds like a aftermarket seat
micro adjustable
not as flashy/ricey (a + if you live in the ghetto)
can get a pair for the price of 1 aftermarket seat

CONS
its not a bride or recaro

rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #50
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
for bigger guys like me, stock R32 GTR seats rock.

PROS
can use racing harness
no brackets or sliders needed
holds like a aftermarket seat
micro adjustable
not as flashy/ricey (a + if you live in the ghetto)
can get a pair for the price of 1 aftermarket seat

CONS
its not a bride or recaro
Damn, I need a pair.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #51
umsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

umsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura about
I am fixing to order the Megan racing seats in the next week or so for my MKIV Toyota Supra....

After sitting in them while at Megan's shop, I am hooked...

They are dirt cheap, and the fabric is awesome quality...

I may be able to swing a nice discount if you guys are interested, I will see what I can arrange with Calvin (Owner of Megan)

For $200/each or so, it's a steal...

Old 02-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #52
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
You can't beat this for the money
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:25 PM   #53
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
I would really like the Gt-r seats, problem is, where the f do you get them?? Anyone else notice that in SCC the JIC seats worked there way out of DaveColeman's 240 and now rest a pair of those bad boys? ha!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #54
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
megan racing seats...same shit as the SRT seats rebadge for sure
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #55
JDMark
Zilvia Junkie

JDMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JDMark
i have a custom bracketed sparco sprint (really low). the material sucks but it holds well and is cheap, came to about 400 total. in a little bit i hope to upgrade to a bride or recaro spg (mmmm). id be afraid to fart in it though! jajajajaja

-mark
Old 02-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #56
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Buddy Club Racing seat. It is good for the skinny or slim. Its also rediculously light, I can seriously play catch with it. It seems flimsy but its pretty good. Just sit in one before you get it. Has a sub belt so get a 5 point or 6 point too. Its legal in Formula D, and I would assume in most if not all SCCA events.

There was some sparco I sat in that is very similar but I forgot the name, I'll pos that later when I visit my friends shop.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #57
DocTaDrifT
Zilvia Addict

DocTaDrifT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to DocTaDrifT Send a message via AIM to DocTaDrifT
id rock that crate hows the bolster?........maybe a cardboard box would do better itll save more weight
Old 02-15-2005, 08:34 PM   #58
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
I would really like the Gt-r seats, problem is, where the f do you get them??
Rbmotoring has 2 sets right now....
Old 02-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #59
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Who the hell said they were cheap?!?! Rbmotoring is asking 800 dollars for a pair of used seats. SHIT! I could buy new Recaro's for 200 bucks more!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:58 PM   #60
bobafett
Zilvia Member

bobafett is an unknown quantity at this point
my corbeau a4's sit waaaay high in my s13 even without the sliders, are there any ways to get them lower? im only 5'9" and i barely fit...
bobafett is offline   Reply With Quote