Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #91
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so a sidemount can be used in the S14 then?

i read somewhere that you can only go bottom...which would be totally ghey

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #92
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
It all depends on the mounting the seat needs.....
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #93
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yeah both work
ive had both types in my s14 and my s13
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #94
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo
i wish i can buy black 'fabric' for my fighters =[
You can. Check out Sparco's "restoration system", you're supposed to be able to replace teh cover with a new one.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #95
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
has anyone here sat in a momo?! This is driving me crazy, I'm super curious.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #96
KoukiMonster
Zilvia Addict

KoukiMonster can only hope to improve
i worked iwth a guy that had one as his office chair. streetracer gt or some lame name like that. i guess its comfortable for him to sit in one for a work day. when he was away boss told me to work at his desk. it was alright im 6'2'' with a 32 waist, so it wasn't a ball cruncher, and i think my shoulders wiere a lil tall on it, but thats an office chair so to get a good feel it should be in a car so you are in the correct sitting position. just trying ot give you a rough idea.
KoukiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #97
CodyW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
CodyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CodyW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Kudo
Does anyone think it'll be possible for a 36" waist to fit? I was able to fit into a Bride (I think it was a Zeta III) and was quite comfortable, it was a tight fit but I actually like that with a seat, are the Buddy Club seats different in size? Additionally, what brackets are to be used with the BC seats?
you could get in it but you probably won't be comfortable at all. i'm a 32 and it's nice for me, but still fairly tight. one of my slightly larger friends (probably a 36 or so) sat in it and just about got stuck . but for the record, you can use most bride or sparco side-mount brackets for it.

s3mag.com :: slide-style.com :: codywellons.com
CodyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #98
NismoDan
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDan is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you guys think about the NRG seats that are in the GB section?
C4L #34
NismoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #99
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
Has anyone tried those newer aluminum sparco side mounts? I've been tempted to buy a set since they look like they have even more selection in mounting and lower than the original sidemounts.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #100
96 S14
Zilvia Member

96 S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish I know would of never sold this car.........................someone please shoot me.

Rubin
96 S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #101
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KA-T
Damn, I need a pair.
on ebay with local pickups to avoid shipping rates. ive bought stuff from them before and they're cool with pick ups.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...958500448&rd=1
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #102
AenjukuCar
Zilvia Member

AenjukuCar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AenjukuCar
You should look into Recaro's, I have a set not installed in my car, yet, I can get pictures if you want, but they are full suede with blue down the middle, they are from a EVO VIII, i'm calling up wedge engineering outta Cali to make me some brackets and then it's install time. I'll post pics up later, they are comfortable and they keep me in place very well, they hold up great, nothing like the Tenzo R seats or cheapo's off of ebay. My buddy has a set of tenzo R's and the plastic pieces that go in around the belt holes fall off everytime you sit in the seat. Also if you've got money check out Bride, Ergo's and Brix's are really nice. Also go to your local shops and sit in different seats because every different company fits you differently. The Recaro's keep me in place alot better than those Tenzo R's did. Also Check out the Sparco's, the Fighters I really like even though you cant Recline them.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #103
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
I got a pair of Recaro SRD for $500!!

HAHAHAH.

Sell Z and Jeep.

Buy FD.

Recaro in FD.

HAHHAHAHA.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #104
s14ajk

s14ajk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I got a pair of Recaro SRD for $500!!HAHAHAH.
Sell Z and Jeep.
Buy FD.
Recaro in FD.
HAHHAHAHA.
-glenn
i also have a set of JDM ITR Recaro SRDs, only issue it seems like its almost impossible to make then sit lower/or equal to S14 oem seats. i might convince myself to fabricate the brackets but IMHO its simpler to just get a R32/33 GTR seats.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #105
AenjukuCar
Zilvia Member

AenjukuCar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AenjukuCar
Here's My EVO VIII Recaro racing seats

Well here they are, sorry for the low-quality pictures.

At a local Performance shop near me, there was a guy that had a set of Recaro's and needed brackets, so he took the Stock S14 Bracket and fabricated it to the Recaro's.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #106
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
^^^^ those are some of the most comfortable seats I have ever been in. I havent been in many though...
Old 03-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #107
nigel1
Zilvia Member

nigel1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah my buddies evo seats were hellllla comforable if you can find a set... swooooop on em!

+0 offset PWNS me
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:14 PM   #108
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
yea when i had my evo the seats were very nice.

I personally like my sparco fighters in my 240sx, they are bottom mount so you wont have to mod the floor, and they dont sit too high like most seats.

The seats i would really die to have would be the R34 gtr vspec seats. My friend has a r34 and those are the best seats period, as far as i am concernd.
blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:21 AM   #109
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...:-23979:910595

mm, recaro at sams club...
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #110
wootwoot
Post Whore!

^^wtf? Is that real?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #111
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87
Why the hell is it listed under infant and toddler seats?!!??!
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:16 AM   #112
s13panda2004
Leaky Injector

s13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to all
These seats are so cheap.. What do you guys think?

man.. it's hard to resist not buying them. I just want one, for the passenger. I already have a Sparco bucket for myself. I was just thinking of getting something nice, since my car (practically all 240SXs should be considered 2-seaters) doesn't have a back seat. Just want something nice for the passenger.

s13panda2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #113
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Don't buy a reclining racing seat, if you want a bucket seat, buy one, or don't, but don't compromise.

If you want an affordable bucket seat, look into any one of the following:

-Bride Pros (raretrick was selling for $375/ea)
-The Chargespeed buckets on the first page $350-400
-The bottom-line Momos or Sparcos (speed, or sprint, or whatever), like $250
-Buddy Club Buckets (very similar to Chargespeed, three hundred something, great deal).

I've driven hard with a Sparco Torino under my a$$, didn't hold me really any better than my stock S14 seats do, I mean, they look purdy for shows, but it's not a performance seat.

Personally, I think the best performance-per-dollar right now is the Recaro Pole Position, sort of the sweet spot of the seat market IMO, but I also really like the Chargespeed and the Buddy Club.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:35 PM   #114
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i got momo rsgt's and they are pretty cumfy!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:38 PM   #115
Catalan
Zilvia Member

Catalan is an unknown quantity at this point
Do those evo seats bolt right on?
Catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:14 AM   #116
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
anyone have any experience with the sparco ultra seats? I havent been able to get to the local shop *which is acually the shop in the link to follow* to sit in them but read that they are good daily driver seats *but then this is what sparco is saying*. http://www.intensepower.com/sparulseat.html
Old 03-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #117
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i havent tried them, but i know from past experiences that its not always true what companies and shops say, because most of them just want to move their products out so they can make money.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #118
kings_blend
Leaky Injector

kings_blend is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to kings_blend
I have had my eye on these seats for quite some time now, I might purchase them in the future to test them out, if I dont like them, there are plenty of kids around here who will pay for some new ones.
http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=371
kings_blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #119
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner
Don't buy a reclining racing seat, if you want a bucket seat, buy one, or don't, but don't compromise.
im fine with my recaro A-8! got shoulder bolster? oh yeah, no one has them either...
Old 03-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #120
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
got 1 inch tall thigh bolsters? nothx
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote