Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #61
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
IMO, I think (JDM) Kouki flows just as well as Zenkis. I don't think either looks better than the other, but Kouki is closer to today's styles. This thread just proves one thing: people grow to love their cars, and people just have unique tastes, so you can't call one any better than the other.

In the pic below, I believe jdm kouki flows nicely. And like others, the USDM front bumper is okay, but looks a bit too messy for the overall clean style of the car.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #62
beavis360
Zilvia Member

beavis360 is making a name for him/her selfbeavis360 is making a name for him/her self
This is like trying to choose which twin to get with.
beavis360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #63
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis360
This is like trying to choose which twin to get with.
Um.. the one with bigger headlights..
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:43 PM   #64
s14srpilot
BANNED

s14srpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14srpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurDz
IMO, I think (JDM) Kouki flows just as well as Zenkis. I don't think either looks better than the other, but Kouki is closer to today's styles. This thread just proves one thing: people grow to love their cars, and people just have unique tastes, so you can't call one any better than the other.

In the pic below, I believe jdm kouki flows nicely. And like others, the USDM front bumper is okay, but looks a bit too messy for the overall clean style of the car.

Those are some nice ZENKI side skirts on your kouki :/
s14srpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #65
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14srpilot
Those are some nice ZENKI side skirts on your kouki :/
Bah, try reading like 10 posts back. They aren't Zenki sides. They were optional on all JDM s14's... zenki came first so everyone just automatically calls them zenki sides.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #66
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
LOL wouldnt that be a trip... kouki owners converting to zenki... i guess u can make some extra $$ =P
Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #67
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
dct223 - Russ (R240NA) changed his Kouki to a Zenki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KA-T
But damn everytime I look at that pic I like that black zenki more and more....
Zenki conversion time?
Yes....go with the Zenki front end..you will LOVE it....

now sell me your front lip so I can get you started.
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #68
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
zenki face
kouki taillamps

mm the best of both worlds!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #69
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
or kouki face, zenki tails...even better =P

OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #70
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
um..no sir, its not.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #71
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
um..no sir, its not.
Xs eleventybillion.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #72
ICKY
Account Closed

ICKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ICKY
After looking at tons of S14's, kouki was the car that I wanted, but I ended up with a zenki... and I have no regrets what-so-ever!
ICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:21 AM   #73
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i cant believe this thread is actually still going....

Seriously, whatever floats your boat and finds your lost remote, buy that one! Now everybody STFU i'm locking this!

no not really, im just post whoring for once.

carry on gentlemen.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:45 AM   #74
gorgasm
Zilvia Addict

gorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to gorgasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223
LOL wouldnt that be a trip... kouki owners converting to zenki... i guess u can make some extra $$ =P
Its been done, And he did it because he honestly likes the Zenki front end better
gorgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:15 AM   #75
MoK
BANNED

MoK is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MoK
Can't we all just be friends.

Kouki all the way
MoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #76
evilimport
Zilvia Addict

evilimport is an unknown quantity at this point
Zenki face own!! Especially with the Euro headlights (I have a euro set installed...day and night front end difference). S14 kouki tails own the zenki though....

I mostly dont like the chopped up/messy front bumper on the kouki and the headlights make it look like its squinting or slant eyed...

S14 Zenki face owns all.
evilimport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #77
JuJuBee
Zilvia Member

JuJuBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
since this is the zenki vs kouki topic....

there was a fellow zilvian, that told me the kouki chassis was a little stiffer than the zenki.. and if you looked at the differences in the frame you could see..... i responded "WTF" when he told me that... arent they the same damn chassis???

there are difference, minor but still, they are there

perhaps someone who knows more such as mav can chime in but yes, chassis is the same basically, but kouki a little stiffer
JuJuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #78
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I don't have either one, but I would trade my S13 for any S14

Zenki is cool, even though sometimes I think it's an older Camry front end at night. I like it.

Never seen the Euro, or JDM housings, but the USDM headlight housings are ass, because
1. They ugly.
2. They get all messed up and look like a shower door covered in soap scum.

But I'd still rock a Zenki.

Kouki is sexy though.

O yeah, and Zenki tails ARE UGLY.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #79
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
the Kouki front seems to be...I dunno, too thin for me, especially with the USDM bumper.

Also, i think i'm the only person in the world that prefers the Zenki tails over the koukis ridged potato chips.

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #80
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
Zenki is cool, even though sometimes I think it's an older Camry front end at night. I like it.
yes!!! that is one of the main reasons i got a s14. i loved my old camry and the s14 is so reminiscient of it.

i like zenki tails over kouki tails as well. but the kouki tails do match kouki s14s pretty well. they go along with the sharper feeling of the car's shape.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 AM   #81
s14srpilot
BANNED

Quote:
Bah, try reading like 10 posts back. They aren't Zenki sides. They were optional on all JDM s14's... zenki came first so everyone just automatically calls them zenki sides.
Bah whoever posted that was WRONG. Those side skirts were designed BEFORE the kouki came out. They part of a jdm Nissan factory option aero kit designed for the ZENKI s14. Therefore, they are ZENKI side skirts.

When the kouki came out, Nissan designed new side skirts for the kouki, hence they are called kouki side skirts. Nissan also offered them on usdm models. Furthermore, no one calls kouki side skirts zenki side skirts so your reasoning is flawed.

kouki peeps don't think that the kouki side skirts don't look half as good as the zenki ones so they rock the ZENKI ones. IMHO ZENKI side skirts ones flow MUCH better than kouki ones, just like the lines of the ZENKI flow better than the lines of the kouki

Last edited by s14srpilot; 04-01-2005 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #82
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14srpilot
Bah whoever posted that was WRONG. Those side skirts were designed BEFORE the kouki came out. They part of a jdm Nissan factory option aero kit designed for the ZENKI s14. Therefore, they are ZENKI side skirts.

When the kouki came out, Nissan designed new side skirts for the kouki, hence they are called kouki side skirts. Nissan also offered them on usdm models. Furthermore, no one calls kouki side skirts zenki side skirts so your reasoning is flawed.

kouki peeps don't think that the kouki side skirts don't look half as good as the zenki ones so they rock the ZENKI ones. IMHO ZENKI side skirts ones flow MUCH better than kouki ones, just like the lines of the ZENKI flow better than the lines of the kouki
I posted it, and no I'm not wrong. They were optional sides for all s14 from the factory.
I'm not "reasoning" anything.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #83
s13panda2004
Leaky Injector

s13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to alls13panda2004 is a name known to all
Here's a picture of the zenki S14

s13panda2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #84
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I've actually thought about doing that.

I've got a '98 Silver Moss Kouki, and if someone offered to paint their Zenki front to match my car, I've always said that I *might* be willing to trade front ends (I wouldn't pay to paint mine to match theirs).

It'd probably be the only Silver Moss Zenki in the world. Of course, I'm not really sure I'd ever want to do this, as it'd negatively affect my resale value.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #85
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

I'd just buy a zenki instead of converting the kouki front end to one. Just have both, but how to decide which one to drive each day...
Old 04-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #86
inertia
Leaky Injector

inertia is an unknown quantity at this point
ugh this argument will never be over, the zenki owners will say their's are better and kouki's too. and since we all luv the 240 its all the same.... but if you ask someone who isent into our 240sx world, then i usually get the answer that the kouki is better looking.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #87
s14srpilot
BANNED

Quote:
I posted it, and no I'm not wrong. They were optional sides for all s14 from the factory.
I'm not "reasoning" anything.
It is true that they will fit any s14. You can call them whatever you want. Good luck getting people to understand you.

"Yeah, I like those s14 side skirts. Which ones? Um...the ones that come on that jdm factory kit on the ZENKI s14. Oh, ZENKI side skirts!"

I call them ZENKI side skirts so that people will know which side skirts I am talking about, just like people call the 97-98 s14 side skirts KOUKI side skirts. What's the big deal?

Lots of zenki owners sport tail lights from the 97-98 s14. What are they called? S14 KOUKI tail lights. Why? So that people will know which tail lights they are talking about. No one calls them zenki tail lights. It is what it is. Deal with it
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #88
s14srpilot
BANNED

Here's a real life example haha:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=76054

WTB: S14 Sideskirts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for some sideskirts for my s14. Please no OEM Kouki sides. Color will not matter. Locals first please.

Located in So Cal, Oxnard.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #89
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

Deleted, I'm all set w/ that lame argument.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #90
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
s14srpilot - You've proved your point well enough....
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote