Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2005, 01:56 AM   #31
v8blakdak
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
v8blakdak is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hit me up 2 i wanna discuss those wheels
Old 06-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #32
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero

MUHAHAH comin' out of the drive way.. at an angle.. I'm not really that low.. plus I ditched the kit
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:58 AM   #33
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
To stay on topic.. Anyone can give me some suggest for replace the wire on the left fender wheel and the hood wire? I want slam it a bit more but the wheel hit the interior right now..I've take a look at the wire but seem not easy to replace it or the wire of release hood..
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:02 AM   #34
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
To stay on topic.. Anyone can give me some suggest for replace the wire on the left fender wheel and the hood wire? I want slam it a bit more but the wheel hit the interior right now..I've take a look at the wire but seem not easy to replace it or the wire of release hood..
Take the fender off and relocate the wiring harness up above and squash it between the frame rail and the fender.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:14 AM   #35
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Take the fender off and relocate the wiring harness up above and squash it between the frame rail and the fender.
Also the metallic wire of the hood? thanks flybert!!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 AM   #36
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Yeah, you can relocate the hood cable up there too. Use plenty of zipties to keep those wires out of harms way and slam your car as low as you can go.

Here is a link to a friends page. Nice little writeup.

http://www.sillbeer.com/fenderharness.php

Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #37
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
^^^ i did that on my s14 and i dont rub, but its reeeeally close cuz my car is pretty slammed. FWIW, on s14's you dont have the luxury of putting the harness over the frame rail like on s13's. The closest you can get is right next to it. Definitely not above it though. When my 18s get here in the next few weeks, i'll definitely have to relocate the harness to engine bay. I refuse to raise my car!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #38
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry for my misunderstoudment but is it actuable to the S14 too or not? If yes I do it soon..
Old 06-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #39
s14slide
Zilvia Addict

s14slide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14slide
Right now I'm about 4" off the ground up front and too high in the back. But my MR's are on the way, and once I have those, I'll be using the Battle version "weld-ins" for the FLCA's and the SPL tie rod setup. So I hope to keep the front end geometry pretty close to what it's supposed to be. Once I get all that crap, I still have to fix my front overfenders and relocate the harness for mass drop. Trying to get the front about 1"-1.5" off the ground. Man, I still have to scrounge money for flying back to the states, sogukai(sokukai?), and I really want to do my power mods this summer. Damn! Anyone to make donations?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 PM   #40
Flybert
Post Whore!

Battleversion "weld ins" do nothing in terms of helping bumpsteer. They just help the LCA from binding, give more precise control, and allow you to widen the track.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #41
s14slide
Zilvia Addict

s14slide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Battleversion "weld ins" do nothing in terms of helping bumpsteer. They just help the LCA from binding, give more precise control, and allow you to widen the track.
No shit they don't help with bump steer. I never said they did. So don't go typing words into my mouth. That's what the tie rods are for. And your right, they [FLCA WI's] do help prevent binding, which tends to happen when you slam a car, especially with the design of the front sus. And being as short as the s13 arms are, doesn't help the situation at all. But all in all, having all that extra adjustment with all the aftermarket goodies up front will help with getting a slammed car as close as possible to the stock geometry of the suspension.