Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSpeedFactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSpeedFactor
KA peoples, talk to me.

Hey all,

Well with SR's costing more and more these days and it being hard to find a descent one seems to have a lot of people looking into KA-t options.

We have been building big power turbo cars for years now and with the high quality parts that we use we have had tremendous success.

We are exploring the idea of offering similar products for the KA tuners out there.

Here is an exmaple of what one of the kits might consist of...

Basic Garrett Kit:
- True SS, American Made Manifold (Top Mount) Garunteed not to crack.
- True Garrett Turbocharger - with choice of turbos (t3/t4, GT in various configurations)
- Ture Tial wastegate
- SS Oil Lines (water lines if needed)
- 3" SS Down Pipe
-All Gaskets and other install hardware.
Pricing on the kit would probably start at about $2100 for t3/t4 applications and about $2500 for GT applications.

We can even offer an intercooler kit with it. We could offer Extrude Tube cores for low boost apps and bar and plate cores for high psi applications. Complete with piping.

As you can see nothing we use is a knock off, everything is a quality, established product that we have seen work time after time.

What do you guys think? is this something you would like to see us explore? What suggestions do you have? what would you like to see to fit your needs?

Thanks in advance and i look forward to hearing from you guys.

--mods-- if this is in the wrong place please move it.

Thank you for the space

Marti
Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 AM   #2
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Did you contact the Mods about this? Lets see some pics and warrenty, to compete with the 2500 ebayed greddy kit.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
well yeah pics would be nice past customer reviews would be great...ummm err... dyno's a plus... good pricing is a plus....us zilvians understand u get what u pay for... but quality is one of the main concerns... will ur DP bolt up to existing exhaust systems.... yah know...
Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 AM   #4
SpdElemts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
SpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
some other company makes a similar kit with a frontmount for about the same price so you would have to be competitive with them
SpdElemts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:45 AM   #5
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdElemts
some other company makes a similar kit with a frontmount for about the same price so you would have to be competitive with them
What companies do that? Infinite and me are realistically clowning.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:58 AM   #6
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
You need fuel management to go with that kit.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:03 AM   #7
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
any pics? i am interested.
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:03 AM   #8
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
Not really but to make it a real complete kit. I myself started with purchasing my fuel system first then started looking for a turbo kit. I didnt want to buy a kit but it was a good deal so yeah.
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
i would not buy a turbo kit without an intercooler..... its like "eatting cake without the icing" -corky bell its a must.... so would the kit come with intercooler with piping? if not then thats too much...
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #10
tiggs
Leaky Injector

tiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
What companies do that? Infinite and me are realistically clowning.
umm

www.boostdesigns.com

If you guys can make a kit comparable to theirs then I'd be in for one by then end of summer.

edit: i'm looking at the stage 1 kit from BD btw, give me a little more quality with a price in the same area and I'll be extremely interested.
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #11
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^^^^ I'm with him. I have been looking at the boost designs kit too. I have a spare Ka that a guy is giving me for free. So, I'm looking to rebuild it then bick up the best kit. Keep us posted.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Guys. Go to NICO and read about Boost Designs. The guy is an assbag, who yells at his customers, refuses to listen to reason, and passes the blame to others.
People have waited 3 weeks for an item, and he says "ITS NORMAL MANUFACTURING TIME!!! AND THE WAIT IS LISTED ON THE WEBSITE!!" Well.. if they ordered a turbo KIT than leadtime is fine. People are complaining that they've been waiting nearly a month for a HEADGASKET or turbo. Things that aren't manufactured.
Personally, my BD manifold has a major issue with boost creep. 6.5psi spring ran 9-10psi. My 10.5psi spring has made 14psi before I let off the gas.
-Jeff
Old 05-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #13
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

well like i mentioned it is just something we are considering at the moment so i don't have any pictures of the kit.

Here are some pictures of the EVOVIII Kit:

Hopefully that gives you an idea of the kind of kits we produce.

Mainly i just wanted to see if there was interest in a kit like this before we spend the time and money on R&D.

We can include the kit with the front mount, piping and BOV and we have also considered offering a Sheet Metal Intake Manifold and a top feed injector fuel rail.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

That looks nice. Not bad at all. Get to work and lets se the turbo kit!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #15
TOMY
BANNED

TOMY is a well-known jackass
well, wouldn't boost creap be a wastegate problem not a manifold problem?
TOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #16
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
When a kit is ordered, how long would it take to manufacture and ship the merchandise?
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #17
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMY
well, wouldn't boost creap be a wastegate problem not a manifold problem?
if your waste gate port is too small itll have problems.... ( with boostdesigns...) i thought the mods said his manifold was awesome so iv been trying to build a setup around his stupid manifold... but im not gonna do it anymore... ill just go with revhard.... cast is also a plus..

i like to thank Jeff for always challenging boostdesigns about his products(pointing somthing out... and question why he did it).... it made me not wanna have anything to do with him....

good luck on the kit....
Old 05-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #18
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

we would never sell the kit unless we had EVERYTHING stacked up and ready to ship. We have our mani's made like 20 at a time and that is normally the hardest part.

I was just doing some numbers and we could probably offer a complete kit:
-Turbo
-FMIC W/ Piping and BOV (just about any)
-down Pipe (to stock Cat)
-WasteGate (routed back to Down Pipe)
-Intake
-Manifold
-Line Kits
-Couplers
-T-Bolts
-Gaskets
For Roughly $2800-$3500 depending on the setup.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #19
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

we could offer anything from t3/t4's (48trim-60-1), GT2871, gt3071, gt3076, gt35r you name it.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #20
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
I think that sounds like a fair price on all the goods listed. How much would a fuel setup run then?
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #21
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Would you be able to sell it without a turbo?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #22
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

i am not sure about the fuel system, it would depend on how far you wanteds to go. We like to use SS fuel lines for the feed and return with a good fuel pressure regulator and 550-750cc injectors.

We don't sell any of our kits as components because there are too many garbage turbos out there and i don't want those to be run on our kit and then some numb nut say our kit sucks because he bought a XS power turbo.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #23
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the boost creep was a wastegate problem, also. I had a Tial 35mm for 2.5 years. Ran 6.5psi solid on my old RevHard manifold. Creeped on the BD manifold. So I got the biggest wastegate that has the 2-bolt flange, a Tial 38/40mm hybrid gate. Still creeps, implying that the wastegate piping cannot get rid of the exhaust fast enough, causing it to backup and spool the turbo. If holding the throttle at 50-60%, I can keep 10psi. Any more and it overboosts. 100% a manifold/downpipe issue now.
I've always challenged him because he does things in a way that's just stupid. Like his exhaust.. cannot be used for NA applications, because it ONLY bolts to his downpipe. What.. 5% of 240sx owners are KA-T? But probably 60% will buy or have an exhaust. So why not just make a cat-back like everyone else?
But yea, depending on what mods said his stuff was good.. I thought the manifold, once ceramic coated, would be fine. Now I have to grind the ceramic off and do some welding, or sell it and get a different manifold/downpipe. But even getting his downpipe to work with a standard aftermarket (ford 5-bolt) t3/4 turbo was a bitch.. took ~4 hours with a tig welder to do. His stuff sucks and he's an asshole. I really suggest people stay away.
-Jeff
Old 05-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #24
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpeedFactor
i am not sure about the fuel system, it would depend on how far you wanteds to go. We like to use SS fuel lines for the feed and return with a good fuel pressure regulator and 550-750cc injectors.

We don't sell any of our kits as components because there are too many garbage turbos out there and i don't want those to be run on our kit and then some numb nut say our kit sucks because he bought a XS power turbo.
Stainless lines are a problem because our return mates with a steel fuel line, and our fuel filter has a hose barb. Fuel setups are something turbo kit manufacturers shouldn't deal with, in my opinion. A good setup puts your kit's price out of reach for most people, while a bad one gets your kit bashed (like Boost Design's 12:1 fmu. A high pressure Walbro pump can't pump at the pressures made at 8psi of boost).
And not selling components separately isn't really a good idea either. Once the person lists his mods, and "XS power turbo" pops up, anyone you'd want as a customer would laugh at him anyway. However, a turbo is a turbo for the most part.. so that was a bad example. But I get your point. Again, once shoddy components are listed by someone bashing your stuff, anyone with an ounce of intelligence will ignore it. If you stick with the "no parting out" stance, you will also shoot yourself in the foot. People like me who are in the market for a new manifold, but am happy with the rest of my setup (or want a ball bearing turbo, not your turbo) will skip past your kit.
-Jeff
Old 05-30-2005, 05:57 PM   #25
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
wooahh. That's some serious bashing on a proven company.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #26
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostuss
wooahh. That's some serious bashing on a proven company.
Proven? Where have you been for the past couple months. They've slid into the shitter.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=118556
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3801

I can dig up tons of these. The guy is a lieing asshole, and it's starting to come out. He's still sucking the dicks of admins on ka-t.org and nico, so the mods there are babysitting his company and deleting alot of the disgruntled threads. Search KA-T.org for posts by me with the search term "boost designs" and you can see more of his "i'm a know it all jackoff" posts.
-Jeff
Old 05-31-2005, 01:21 AM   #27
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

if you can offer a manifold with whatever turbo you offer and turbo outlet/DP whatever you guys call it for stock CAT then i say you have something..... ( i mig welded my first test pipe and it fell apart... hahah) so yeah.. you have me sold there.... atleast...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 AM   #28
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Pricing on the kit would probably start at about $2100 for t3/t4 applications and about $2500 for GT applications. <<<<<<<<<<<what happend???? now its For Roughly $2800-$3500 depending on the setup. hmmmmmmmmmmm iono man i like the first sentence thanks for getting my hopes up now ill go back to making a good pieced together kit...
Old 05-31-2005, 02:23 AM   #29
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

the price change is when he said something about adding a FMIC... yeah i dont like that price change when adding a FMIC
Old 05-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #30
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Damn you guys are very picky on pricing. Anyways, I have to agree that selling the manifold alone would be a good option to think about.
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote