Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
damn.... sad...

damn... so sad...
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4562562/detail.html#
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 AM   #2
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I guessing the passenger died?
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wow, that is sad.

Moving to OT.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
I guessing the passenger died?
i think both did...that is really sad.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
i think both did...that is really sad.
I missed that part. nevermined.
Are you guys really sad?
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 AM   #6
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
going to fast, sucks.... someone died...... speedways kills
Old 06-03-2005, 01:20 AM   #7
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Sad as it is, as i read the short article, it kinda seemed like a plug for the speedway. notice the attention to detail as what happened? Compare that to the detail of the track!

DeadGuys: 0, Speedway: 1

Wonder who'd crash?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:33 AM   #8
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC4.tv
Emergency Crews Respond To Fatal Crash At California Speedway
Second Person Hospitalized After Crash

POSTED: 3:23 pm PDT June 2, 2005
UPDATED: 5:16 pm PDT June 2, 2005

LOS ANGELES -- Two people were killed Thursday in a crash at California Speedway in Fontana.

A private car club was renting the speedway at the time of the crash.

A Porsche Carrera GT crashed into a retaining wall and came to rest on the track's infield. Authorities said two people were in the vehicle at the time of the crash.

One person was pronounced dead at the scene.

The second person in the car was transported by Mercy Air to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. That person later died.

The track is home to the California 500, Nextel Cup 500, the Toyota Indy 400 and other motorsport events. The 2-mile D-shaped oval surrounds an infield portion used for road courses and a 13-turn interior test circuit.

Private parties can rent the track to turn laps.

I'm not sad, because the two people that died aren't related to me in any way. Its sad that they died on a race track were Drift Days are held. CA Speedway is suppose to offer a safe venue for driving. However, accidents like this are bound to occur.

Lets hope this doesn't ruin it for all of us. CA Speedway will surely reconsider renting out its tracks. I smell a possible lawsuit.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:58 AM   #9
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Condolences go out the the family & friends of the deceased individuals. While no one expects to lose their life while at a track event, the possibility exists, hence the reason for the proper safety protocol...helmet, seatbelt, etc. It may not always help, as in this case...two people lost their lives. But it might have had the crash situation been a little bit different.
Not to be morbid, but it would be interesting to find out the situation which led up to the crash and what could have been done to prevent it. In looking at the picture posted, the passenger cabin looks almost intact. http://www.nbc4.tv/slideshow/news/4562709/detail.html
In a situation like that, you would expect both people to survive. The way Porsche designs their vehicles you would expect they would. However it didn't appear to be the case in this situation. This situation however may be a wakeup call to trackowners & rescue crews working these events. They may tighten up safety inspections and enforce safety rules more stringently after this incident.
...Prayers & thoughts going out to the grieving family & friends....
ID
Old 06-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #10
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
that sucks, but at least there in a better place
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:16 AM   #11
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
I really dont think the speedway is to blame. It maybe their fault it the accident occured because of the track. It mite be the drivers fault

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:19 AM   #12
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlatboy
I really dont think the speedway is to blame. It maybe their fault it the accident occured because of the track. It mite be the drivers fault
I would have to agree with you on that.

Seen is how the track cannot move in anyway.
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:10 AM   #13
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i'm sure they sign some sort of waiver too. if everyone crashed, it might be different. but 99.9% of the cars there don't crash, so the track must be okay. driver's fault for either tracking a broken car or not being skilled enough for what he was doing.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:19 AM   #14
s14slide
Zilvia Addict

s14slide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14slide
not to be morbid myself, but someone mentioned that the cabin was intact. Although for the most part it is, but it looks like from the pic above, that someone exited through the forward glass door.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 AM   #15
SOLDIER [X]
Zilvia Junkie

SOLDIER [X] is a well-known jackass
i'm guessing seatbelt malfunction unless those are the stock seats with 5 or 4 point harnesses
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #16
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
I missed that part. nevermined.
Are you guys really sad?
i personally am sad. its a horrible way to die and it seems like s/he had a lot ($) to live for...in no way is this the tracks fault with the exception of the rescue team. but referring to the article, it seems that it would have been useless...one of them died on impact. that would have to be a tremendous amount of force (considering the interior is still intact, helmets and/or more safety equipment was used and the car did not flip). sounded like a very high speed collision...so in essence, it was sad that someone that actually used/enjoyed the car to the full potential not only totalled it, but pasted away...i dunno thats just me... sorry for the , but its a late night for me...yes, i do realize its 6:30 am...damn teenagers and their sleeping habits...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 AM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I am not deeply saddened by this, however, I can see why some of you might be. I do not know enough about the situation to form the greatest of opinions on it, the driver could have been driving like an overpaid underskilled jackasss. I cannot say that they had the greates amount of life to live for and I REALLY can't say that having a lot of money is a reason OR ticket to wanting to live forever. They're dead, the car is dead, my day goes on.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #18
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
i say that the driver wasnt skilled enough, lost control at a high speed and crashed...so the track and the track owner have nothing on them.
AMD 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #19
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
from what I read. The two in the car were not instructors. The passenger was interested in buying a GT and went for a test drive. There was Ferrari that was coming from the pits and took off when the marshall waved him to stay. The GT swearved to avoid hitting it and lost control hitting the wall. Speed was approx. 165mph. Some say as least they died doing something they loved but what's less worst of the two. Ending based on someone else are of yourself behind the wheel? It's over now, it can't be avoided but only acknowledged...
Old 06-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #20
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thats interesting... any auto related death is sad.. cuz that shit is gorey when it happens.. esp since its at teh speedway which I like soo much.

I wonder if the structure of the car has any play in the deaths...its a open top car anyways..
Old 06-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #21
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

TheSpeedFactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSpeedFactor
it is a damn shame.

Suprising that the car is still in relatively one peice though.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #22
S13 Charlie
Zilvia Addict

S13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to S13 Charlie
For some reason, it doesn't add up... A car that is designed to go 200 mph should have harnesses that can handle crashes of at least that speed.. Still, it's extremely crappy that this happened. This is a very unfortunate event, especially considering that I have friends that attend Porsche Club of America events at the speedway..

on a side note, I believe Drift Days are held in lot 12 or so, i.e. in the parking lots outside the speedway.

-C

Last edited by S13 Charlie; 06-03-2005 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: read the news article.. oops
S13 Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #23
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 Charlie
For some reason, it doesn't add up... A car that is designed to go 200 mph should have harnesses that can handle crashes of at least that speed..
have you ever seen 200mph? it shows. anything at 200mph that doesn't have a good roll cage is prolly gonna kill or at the very elast seriously injure somebody.

200mph is FAST...
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #24
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
Carrera GT:
Too much car for too little driver
Drunk Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #25
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoadogg
from what I read. The two in the car were not instructors. The passenger was interested in buying a GT and went for a test drive. There was Ferrari that was coming from the pits and took off when the marshall waved him to stay. The GT swearved to avoid hitting it and lost control hitting the wall. Speed was approx. 165mph.
where did you got your info from? got a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk bastard
Carrera GT:
Too much car for too little driver
considering the fact that we know next to nothing about these guys or the circumstances of the crash, it's a little distasteful to talk shit about the driver.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #26
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
have you ever seen 200mph? it shows. anything at 200mph that doesn't have a good roll cage is prolly gonna kill or at the very elast seriously injure somebody.

200mph is FAST...

Above about 155 in any stock automobile the chances of surviving an accident decrease exponentially. This is the reason MB limits the big AMG cars to 165 the SL55 can do a lot more but the chances of survival are severly diminished and the SL has a rollbar incase of a flip that can support the car. According to some of the european tuners the AMG 55 in an SL has a potential top speed right near 200 without limiters
Old 06-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #27
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlafie
the passenger cabin looks almost intact.
Can you even fathom slamming into a solid, unmoveable concrete wall at over 100mph? Chances are, the car was also spinning, with little grip in the grass field.
I'm not a jackass, so I'm not going to tell you to go out and try hitting a 3 foot tall chunk of concrete, but next time you're on the highway going 70, try to imagine your possibilities of waking up from an impact at even that speed.
100mph doesn't seem like increadible speed until you put a 5000 lb immobile object in front of yourself.

Concerning the drivers of the car and their actions, I don't care if somebody was trying to showoff or if he was only avoiding some other jackoff driving like the track was all his own, two people are gone now, along with one increadibly sweet piece of engineering, hold your tounges, don't go knocking some dead guys driving skills.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #28
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

either way, since GTs have been out, people have been crashing them left and right...i have sympathy for the ferrari guy. not for him, but for what he has to go through every day for the rest of his life...example of how a "simple" mistake can and does end up multiplying into devastating results on the track...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 PM   #29
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
on HighEndCars crashing, have you noticed almost all Mercedes n other highclass cars always seem to get rearended? I've assumed that the stopping power is godly, but making the transition from decent brakes, to StopOnADime brakes, you'd crash like hell too.

Any one know how a GT crumples?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #30
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
Any one know how a GT crumples?
Like this:

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote