Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Is it just me?

Is it just me or did the bottom fall out of the 240SX market? I have been watching the prices for a while and all of the sudden people are giving away cars. A couple of months ago you would pay almost a grand for a rolling chassis. Now you can get one for almost nothing. I was thinking as the drifting season opened up the price would go up not down.
Any thoughts?

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe its just that supply > demand for now. Everyone who wanted one bought one already. From what I've seen for sale, there's a lot of junky 240SXs right now.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
EH9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
EH9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Comment removed.

Last edited by EH9; 07-08-2015 at 04:04 PM..
EH9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
Ghst 01
Zilvia Junkie

Ghst 01 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to Ghst 01
I noticed that too.... i think it's because everyone wanted one before due to the DRIFT fad.. but now people realized that it takes work and more $$$ to fix up a 240 properly than say a Honda or such...

http://www.myspace.com/8407376

96 red zenki:
Greddy KA Turbo kit (TD06-20g, 370cc, Emanage, Vspell FMIC), TEIN HE's, VIS Vader CF hood, Falken Azenis ST-115's, Sony Xplod head unit.
Ghst 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
kurissuS13
Zilvia Junkie

kurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura aboutkurissuS13 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to kurissuS13
I like the fact that prices are going down. Between me and my friends, we picked up 3 running S13 project cars for a total of $1500. I'm glad that the values are getting realistic, unlike those damn Corollas. You cannot justify paying $2000 for a 20 year old, stock Corolla. If I'm paying $2000 for something thats 20 yrs old, it better come with dinner and a vagina!

--SUGAR & PATIS 4 LIFE--
kurissuS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
no kiddin the prices are going down.. havent been on the hunt for a 240 but thats nice to know.... but id preferably buy a 4 door for a daily driver... what about the prices for cressida's? those things barely drop in value...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #7
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Hopefully, the prices keep going down. Then again it was good to have alot of people wanting 240s, and the market does tend to come out with bigger and better stuff. Competition is good for us, selling 240s at an extremely high price isnt, unless you know a ricers' gnna buy it.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #8
Replicant_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Replicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZK
From what I've seen for sale, there's a lot of junky 240SXs right now.
From what I see there's a lot of junky ones on the road too. The cars at the last GTG we had down here were kinda depressing.
Rules of Boozing #10: Do not make eye contact with the bartender if you do not want a drink.
Replicant_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #9
docrice
Zilvia Junkie

docrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to docrice
I think this price dip may just be temporary....Once the price on aftermarket parts comes down (it IS pretty high compared to civics and other mainstream "tuner" cars), the price will probably go up again...that plus the supply will be considerably smaller once the ricers start crashing them all over the place. Of course i'm not complaining, cause i already have my 240 and then i'll be able to find more parts in the junkyard.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #10
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
s14s are expensive but i got my s13 ass cheap, i love it!!!! more for us!!!
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
s14s are not expensive. I picked up my auto zenki for 2500. It even came with an s15 front end!!!

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
yeah, i got my manual zenki for 2500, just have to know where to look

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #13
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
I got a great donor car for waaaaaaaaay cheap (try $150 dollars). Has a little body damage and an auto, but for the money, I can build my ultimate car for under 15 grand! Love my S 13.
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #14
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlatboy
s14s are not expensive. I picked up my auto zenki for 2500. It even came with an s15 front end!!!
that's exactly like saying:

ferraris aren't expensive some old lady sold me her F355 for like 5 grand!
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #15
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a 90 hatch for 600$..exterior in great shape...interior needs some TLC and engine doesnt run....but engine bay is SUPER clean just gotta get the engine out...then who knows what...?
Old 06-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #16
TwoFourO
Leaky Injector

TwoFourO is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurissuS13
I like the fact that prices are going down. Between me and my friends, we picked up 3 running S13 project cars for a total of $1500. I'm glad that the values are getting realistic, unlike those damn Corollas. You cannot justify paying $2000 for a 20 year old, stock Corolla. If I'm paying $2000 for something thats 20 yrs old, it better come with dinner and a vagina!
Someone else please agree with me that this is the funniest thing anyone has ever said...
TwoFourO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
blog
Leaky Injector

blog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to blog
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFourO
Someone else please agree with me that this is the funniest thing anyone has ever said...
i second that