Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
slivia-junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
slivia-junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
heavy throttle update

i ordered a intercooler from heavy throttle and they sent me two. that day i called and told them about it. at first they were cool about it but now they are harrasing me about shipping it back. i told them i would shipp it back as soon as i got my car finished and could get to the shipping company. i am now getting 2 calls a dayfrom them and jeff the owner is threating me that he will come to my house and pick it up but he says if he has to do that there will be problems. i am angry about the way he is treating me on the phone and his threats. up till now they have been a good company but if this is the way they react to there own screw up i will no longer be doing buisness with them.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
...so how long exactly have you had the extra I/C?
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
haha yeah how long has it been that you've had it? if its been awhile, of course they'd be bugging you. i would too.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
How hard is it to mail it back to them? Since it's already packaged, all you would have to do is put a label on it, drive down to the local UPS/Fedex and mail it back.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
they can pick up at your home/work too. call them and set up a time. shit you can do it all online
stop posting negative posts about a awesome company and hit up the UPS/FEDEX website and do it online. print your labels too

even USPS picks up at home/work! no excuses!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
If they sent you an extra hose clamp or washer, I don't think he would contact you so frequently.

AFAIK, Heavy Throttle is a very good business with very good customer service, I just think that any business would be frustrated if they had an outstanding couple hundred bucks floating around. I'm sure he's not "hararassing" you, I think he's just concerned you're going to take the intercooler and run.

Take the bus to the shipping company Ride a bike, have UPS swing by to pick it up, tie it to a pigeon or something.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
Yoshi
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So here's the good customer service question.

You got 2 ICs by mistake, shipping issues happen.
You need to return the extra, again no biggie, the question is:

Did Heavy Throttle offer to pay shipping?
whether that's reimbursement, or u shipping via COD, etc

If the answer is YES, then stop being a jackhole, give them their IC back.
If the answer is NO, I'd say that they should pay for the return shipping, as it was their shipping error in the first place that you bare no responsibility for.

HOWEVER, regardless of all of this, many mods have said many times that this is not a complain forum... there's a merchant review area for that.

Lastly, HT is a really reputable company, one of the first 240 enthusiast shops, some would say poineers of the SR swap. Literally, this is the first negative comment I've heard about HT in the 5 years I've been a 240 driver.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 06-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #8
nismo2491
Zilvia FREAK!

nismo2491 is making a name for him/her selfnismo2491 is making a name for him/her self
HT is an awesome company. Like has been said, how long have you had the IC?? I mean thats a several hundred dollar part, if you've had it more than like a week I don't blame him one bit for bugging you like he is...
KEvin
Old 06-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Haha..... I guess this took an unexpected turn for you. Doesn't look like your going to get any sympathy here, unless you've only had the IC for a day or so.

I say just ship it back and have them pay for shipping.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Old 06-06-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
poor ht, atleast dude was honest n said he got 2

id say 90% of people wouldnt do that
Old 06-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #11
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
for realz. i would have kept it for sure. If it hasnt been over 2 months he shouldnt be harrassing you like that either. I hope you havent held on to it for too long
Old 06-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #12
95civicEX
Zilvia Member

95civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 95civicEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
for realz. i would have kept it for sure. If it hasnt been over 2 months he shouldnt be harrassing you like that either. I hope you havent held on to it for too long
two months? it takes 5 minutes to schedule ups to come to your door, or 20 minutes to go down to a shipping location...2 months is a long time to be sitting on something worth several hundred.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #13
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
You obviously have some time on your hand if you are sitting around on the computer badmouthing them. The way you talk, it sounds like you have had it for like a week or longer. So return it... Just not at your expense.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
legally it is yours. It is good that you are doing the right thing and shiping it back.

They can't do shit if you don't send it back, but you can about them harassing you.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
slivia-junkie
Leaky Injector

slivia-junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
i was always planing to return it i just am swaping my engine out and dont have a way to get to the shipping company it has been a week or two. i wouldnt mind the reminders and was very grasious about them but to day there were 2 call with in literly 30 seconds of eachother. all understandable i have 700 dollars of equipment but the minnute he threatned me that was it. he would have never know if i had 2 if i didnt call him and tell him about it. and if he did catch it but i denyed it he would be s.o.l.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #16
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have someone drive you to the ups store, and end the bullshit then because of the way you have been treated never use HT again. Or even better next time they call you tell them to mail you a shipping order and just drop off the box. Easy fix.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #17
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ship it back you tool!

Zilvia is no a grievance fourm...
Old 06-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #18
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
no kidding.

'boo hoo, i'm getting hassled about having something i didn't pay for'

send it back, quit whining.

HT are a well established biz in the 240 community, don't dick them over.
Closed Thread