Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #181
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey...... btw.

nice rep.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #182
BadAzzS14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
BadAzzS14 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriKnights View Post
"Megan Racing was started in 2001, and over the past 5 years our top priority has been to provide high quality performance parts at reasonable prices. Our Innovative and original designs, allow us to stay ahead of the competition without inflating prices. Since 2001 our product line has grown to over 1000 products for over 60 cars and is continuing to grow daily. The Megan Racing staff prides itself on maintaining the original company goals of performance, design, and economical prices that will allow us to grow for many years to come. "

i just went on their website.. ummm to be honest their convincing.. but... i wouldnt trust a company on super high performance cars that some of us drive that have only been around since 2001.. i mean how much knowlege do you really have in quality and design to jump out and making parts like bbk.. that takes a lot of knowledge to design to perfection.. i mean not only is the bussiness young but ..

" Megan Racing started out with small auto accessories such as intakes, strut braces, universal exhausts and aluminum spoilers."

hahaha ricer company!!

wow
How stupid and sensless was that post..
Yay Im cool because i called a new brand a ricer company, and "US DRIFTERS" dont like ricers...
BadAzzS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #183
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdnismoracer4 View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I saw that the day it came out to the public
I saw that with my own eyes and picked up tons of parts from the street.
That was NOT funny.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #184
kleenS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kleenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
cent for cent, i appreciate megan. they make cheap parts where i want cheap parts. my downpipe is a f'in tube. i dont care who makes it, but coils would be the last thing i would buy from them, even though they have been reviewed with adequate acclaim. brakes arent the most engineered piece of your car, and its hit or miss if you fuck em up. The brembos on the 350z's lose thier seals relatively often from what ive had to replace at work. And for my use, i wouldnt want an all out race rotor brake package like the AZ car. i would like to heat cycle my rotors and ball out all the way home and park the bitch without having to let the rotors cool down. my boy ruined his willwood rotors on his s2000 like that, coming home havin to piss in a bad way. and whoever brought up the 12 piston rotora's, kill yourself. OVERKILL in the worst of ways. if you buy those, props for havin money, but if you cant make rent next month im gonna laugh at you. 6 pots is completely pushin it for our little cars (relative), if your not a weekend track fiend. i would trust megans bbk. it would be a very short time to tell if they worked or not. If they put the right finish on the bores and pistons and design the seals correctly theres really not much that can go wrong.

get some hawks, and some brembo rotors and youd be amazed at how theyll stop you.
kleenS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #185
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzzS14 View Post
Yay Im cool because i called a new brand a ricer company, and "US DRIFTERS" dont like ricers...
" Megan Racing started out with small auto accessories such as intakes, strut braces, universal exhausts and aluminum spoilers."

tool. if you ask me, aluminum spoilers alone just make you a "rice" company.. but hey thats just me, what do i know.

do you have ANY idea how many emails per day i get from overseas with advertisements like this

"zankou corporation international would like to extend invite to you, our product line. we have LED and HID headlamps with less than 1% defective rate. wholesale cost for HID setup, $50 per kit / $250 list price. blah blah"

psssh. the other day one of the advertisements i got had LAWN MOWERS in it... made overseas. fuckin knockoff lawnmowers. ugh!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #186
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
I trusted Megan with my life.

All I got were a can of herpes.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #187
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Meh, at a cost of $3000+ I'd spend that hard earned money on something that's tried and true. And whatever I buy at that price had better have a big ass fuckin "WOW" factor in terms of performance and quality. But yeah, freedom of choice ftw

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #188
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Garrett makes turbo's for HKS

Garrett's parent company is Honeywell

Honeywell is well known worldwide for their Aerospace technology. Somehow they screw up with their Autolite,and Fram portion of the company....

Don't know who makes Greddy/Trust Turbo's (it might not be them) but one site did say they started making kits in '89... so they might not be that old of a company? Maybe they get their stuff from Mitsubishi... " I am not sure"
Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #189
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel25 View Post
I guess the fact that they improved and now are producing more serious race/track products means nothing.??
how can a lawnmower be a knock off, if so every lawnmower that imitated the original design is a knock off..
the only original one is the first ever invented????
thats stupid,
garrett imitates greddy who imitates HKS, each one has tons of parts that were first made by another company and when discovered to be a good part were imitated. thats life.
If i opened a company today that produced coilovers, would i have to make them look and work completley different than the existing ones to be considered original?
or does the fact that i use quality parts and correct engineering alone not make my parts of good quality?

Companies like Brembo and AP Racing NEVER had a reputation like Megan does. They were ALWAYS high end, low volume performance companies. Megan simply cannot make that same claim. They are a high volume company that manufactures parts in China where labor is cheap, hence people question their quality.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #190
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Welcome to Zilvia???
check the join dates buddy!
I just usually like to reaserch or learn more than posting random stuff...
How about you give some insight on your extensive knowledge on Megan products??????
tell em about your experience!
why they are shiet??
dont just say it prove it!
how many of your megan products went bad? show pictures please...
dont just make your self look like a looser follower..."I luv 240's idiot"
back up what you say.
(when I say "you" doesn't mean any one in particular, means anyone that disagrees with me)
I didnt neg rep you, but did you try to neg rep me ? lol

sucks if you did get neg repped for this.

not a fan of meagen, dont take it personally
Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #191
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
"Spoken like a true 21 year old. Its CHEAP, get it? Saying that steel is steel, and all steel is the same - is null minded. There are many different grades/quality of metals, rubbers, and obviously the better quality components cost more. If a brakes job was as simple as you make it seem, then why even have multiple pistons? Why about brake bias, grain structure and tempering of the metal? What about unsprung weight and rotational balance. Just because their parts are shiny and powdercoated, big deal.. I can powdercoat any metal and look pretty. It'll take more than that to win a following."

Nice dig at the age. I think YOU myfriend are missing the point of my whole comment. I am acting like half of the idiots out there who look into buying big name brake kits like brembo. It seems you are all concerned more about the small details vs the big picture of the product. What you have not noticed apparently is that if Megan is not developing the components in their house... then who is to say what the grade of material those components will be? You cant cry about the quality of the product if you have no idea who is making it. For all you know. brembo could be manufacturing the parts and you would still knock on them because it has a megan name.

lastly, Multiple piston calipers are to provide a multiple point pressure surface which helps the longevity of the caliper under high load due to distribution of the pressure. But if megan has a multiple piston caliper with materials suitable for a big brake kit, which by the way, is probably a material still better than CAST ****ING IRON (which used to stop your car for the 10+ years before you bought it) ... then I dont think you are going to have a problem. I am not disputing that brembo is more refined. But I think that a big brake upgrade from megan covers the basics of the general concept of having a "big brake kit", at an effective cost. And without any proof of shitty material used in their kits, I dont think you should try to knock them.

And lastly, just to piss you off... exotic cars do all sorts of modifications on cars that are not all necessary and/or useful. why would Ferrari disturb their high dollar reputation by using a lesser known brand that might perform just as well? Because of people like you who are more concerned about the name of the brand than the actual function. Does the F1 circut use Brembo's on all of their cars? *gasp*... no... they develop their own system. But... according to you... if it isnt brembo they must not have put much development into it. Most F1 teams are factory sponsored and their materials are often used on factory vehicles as well. Does this mean that F1 cars are inferior to a 240sx equipped with Brembos? I must have been wrong my whole life (21 years to you). GG sir.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #192
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzzS14 View Post
Quote:
I guess the fact that they improved and now are producing more serious race/track products means nothing.??
how can a lawnmower be a knock off, if so every lawnmower that imitated the original design is a knock off..
the only original one is the first ever invented????
thats stupid,
garrett imitates greddy who imitates HKS, each one has tons of parts that were first made by another company and when discovered to be a good part were imitated. thats life.
If i opened a company today that produced coilovers, would i have to make them look and work completley different than the existing ones to be considered original?
or does the fact that i use quality parts and correct engineering alone not make my parts of good quality?
Dude making a second screen name doesn't make you point make sense anymore than it did before. Just gets you banned.

Garrett makes HKS's turbos for them to their trim specs.
Mistubishi makes Greddy's(Trust) Turbos for them.

You need to just STFU cause you're making yourself look like a fool. Anyone that had been in Japan for 3yrs should know this stuff already.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #193
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
"Spoken like a true 21 year old. Its CHEAP, get it? Saying that steel is steel, and all steel is the same - is null minded. There are many different grades/quality of metals, rubbers, and obviously the better quality components cost more. If a brakes job was as simple as you make it seem, then why even have multiple pistons? Why about brake bias, grain structure and tempering of the metal? What about unsprung weight and rotational balance. Just because their parts are shiny and powdercoated, big deal.. I can powdercoat any metal and look pretty. It'll take more than that to win a following."

Nice dig at the age. I think YOU myfriend are missing the point of my whole comment. I am acting like half of the idiots out there who look into buying big name brake kits like brembo. It seems you are all concerned more about the small details vs the big picture of the product. What you have not noticed apparently is that if Megan is not developing the components in their house... then who is to say what the grade of material those components will be? You cant cry about the quality of the product if you have no idea who is making it. For all you know. brembo could be manufacturing the parts and you would still knock on them because it has a megan name.

lastly, Multiple piston calipers are to provide a multiple point pressure surface which helps the longevity of the caliper under high load due to distribution of the pressure. But if megan has a multiple piston caliper with materials suitable for a big brake kit, which by the way, is probably a material still better than CAST ****ING IRON (which used to stop your car for the 10+ years before you bought it) ... then I dont think you are going to have a problem. I am not disputing that brembo is more refined. But I think that a big brake upgrade from megan covers the basics of the general concept of having a "big brake kit", at an effective cost. And without any proof of shitty material used in their kits, I dont think you should try to knock them.

And lastly, just to piss you off... exotic cars do all sorts of modifications on cars that are not all necessary and/or useful. why would Ferrari disturb their high dollar reputation by using a lesser known brand that might perform just as well? Because of people like you who are more concerned about the name of the brand than the actual function. Does the F1 circut use Brembo's on all of their cars? *gasp*... no... they develop their own system. But... according to you... if it isnt brembo they must not have put much development into it. Most F1 teams are factory sponsored and their materials are often used on factory vehicles as well. Does this mean that F1 cars are inferior to a 240sx equipped with Brembos? I must have been wrong my whole life (21 years to you). GG sir.
"There are currently three companies who manufacture brakes for Formula One. They are Hitco, (based in the US, part of the SGL Carbon Group), Brembo in Italy and Carbone Industie of France."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_car

Nice Pwning yourself there...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #194
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Actually alot of them are developed in their own facilities. Brembo and Sabone are usually used on the vehicles who do not have their own development facility. Ferrari uses Brembo... ok.. I admit that. But what italian owned company wouldnt? Renault and the Mclaren line as well as about 70% of the industry do not.

I do realize I sorta made myself look like an idiot there but once again you have to realize that just because 30% of the market is 1 brand, doesnt mean that it is the best.

Have you heard of AP racing, Hitco, or Carbone? I've heard of carbone, but that is it. Does that mean that they arent as good as brembo? Obviously not the case. I am just saying there are other companies than brembo out there that make great brake packages and you should seriously consider them over buying the brembo name.

Now, before I go out and make myself look like a dumb*arse* I am going to shut up. I just wanted to put in my lousy penny that there is no reason why people should be boycotting a small company from trying to develop a cost-effective big brake kit when they all (and here is the key word) GENERALLY the same concept. Like I said, im not disputing that brembo has one of the best brake systems available. Im disputing the idea that people have in their heads that a big brake upgrade from a little known manufacter is not a good idea.

Last edited by daryl337; 08-07-2007 at 01:43 PM..
daryl337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #195
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
I just wanted to put in my lousy penny that there is no reason why people should be boycotting a small company from trying to develop a cost-effective big brake kit when they all (and here is the key word) GENERALLY the same concept. Like I said, im not disputing that brembo has one of the best brake systems available. Im disputing the idea that people have in their heads that a big brake upgrade from a little known manufacter is not a good idea.
I own a small company, I dont think I have EVER seen a thread on ANY forum where people are hating on what we fabricate. If anything, the ONLY thing I have ever heard.. which time after time, is the same fucking thing: is price. Big deal, I've basically learned to tune that shit out, because you'll ALWAYS have people complain about price.

Wilwood is a small company, how come no one is saying anything bad about them here on this forum? Because facts are facts, and people will always respect companies that put fourth the hard work and effort to R&D their product.

As for you defending Megan products, like I said.. I have no problem with it. Go ahead and put that janky shit on your car. Afterall, you're only 21 once.. right? Live and learn, they say. Just remember, I have been running aluminum 4POT Z32 brakes for the past 8 years. Not to mention, I've been building up my S13 since `95-96. Might want to reconsider before you start calling me out as to how many years I've been in the scene.. n00b. ;-)

darryl> Now, before I go out and make myself look like a dumb*arse* I am going to shut up.

Well said.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #196
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I've had no problems with my Megan sticker, so far it's been holding strong, with no peeling or fading.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote