Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
007jpang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
007jpang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cheap DRIFT PRACTICE 9/12 ( bay AREA)

Hyperfest is a automotive festival organized by U.S. Drift . We will be drifting on TRACK at turn 7 Sears Point. No CAGES REquired.

There will also be GRIP sessions available for those that would like to try their hand at driving on track.

Prize information can be found on www.hyper-fest.com .

the event will be held 9/11 but

if anyone would like to have drift practice on 9/12 sunday post up, cause if we have x amount of people that want to go then the event on 9/12 can happen. DRIFT PRACTICE is only $50.
007jpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
i'm in! even if i can't get my car ready in time i will borrow someone's or even rent a car!

p.s. what are the requirements for getting a NASA license? i'm lazy and i dont wanna research. spoil me
Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
ahhh!!! my car is stupid and ugly... and school's not helping, it's eating my time and money!

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Since when did the chat section all of a sudden turn into the meet section?
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
007jpang
Zilvia Junkie

007jpang is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
i'm in! even if i can't get my car ready in time i will borrow someone's or even rent a car!

p.s. what are the requirements for getting a NASA license? i'm lazy and i dont wanna research. spoil me

you don't need a NASA license. and all you have to do is click on
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=180

and select practice for $50 or competition and practice for $125
007jpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #6
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
the price is only 40 bucks on the website. so i can just sign up and pay when i get ther assuming there are spots left?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
usually, you need to sign up for membership as well if you dont have one yet.....

im awaiting confirmation on the exra practice on Sunday on where and who to pay
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #8
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
i fell for the title and signed up for the wrong event. i signed up here and i think i signed up for something else.i got this email:

You are confirmed as a Hyperdrive Entrant for Hyperfest September 11!

Thanks for registering to be a part of the 5th Hyperfest Event! This event is being held at Infineon Raceway. Please go here for directions and track info:

http://www.infineonraceway.com

GENERAL INFO: To take part in the hyperdrives, you must be 18 years of age with a valid state issued driver’s license.

GATE HOURS: Gates open at 9AM Saturday September 11. The Infineon gate fee is $15 per person.

PARKING: Follow the signs that say Driving Event Paddock or Hyperdrives. Park here, and return your car here after your hyperdrive session.

ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Once you have parked, please walk to the Information Booth and indicate to staff that you are a registered Hyperdrive participant. You will receive a classroom voucher. At the end of the classroom time, you will receive an on track pass which you will allow you out on track. Please pay attention to the schedule below.

9-10AM: Check in at Information Booth

10:45 Hyperdrive Classroom

11:45 Drive car to pre-grid for tech

12:10 Touring Laps for Hyperdrive Entrants (Orientation to track at slow speeds and no helmets needed)

1:20 Line up on grid for Hyperdrives

1:35-1:55 Hyperdrive on track session with instructor; helmets needed

2:00 Return car to parking area.

CLASSROOM: It is your responsibility to attend the classroom session. If you miss the classroom, you will not get out on track. Failure to comply with the rules set by the classroom instructor or driving in a dangerous manner will result in termination of your session.

We have a limited number of loaner helmets available; however, you are encouraged to bring your own. You will need an M95, SA95 or newer Snell Rated helmet.

FULL EVENT SCHEDULE:

http://www.hyper-fest.com

INFO ABOUT HYPERFEST!

If you have not attended a Hyperfest before, prepare yourself for a good time! This event has been widely publicized and we expect thousands to attend. The following events and more are featured:

US Drift Competition

Road Racing

Fuzion Tire Tag Team Tricycle Race

Fuzion Tire Dare Devil Throwdown

Vendor Midway

Musical entertainment

If you have friends coming, they may be interested in other activities offered. You may preregister for Hyperdrives up until Wednesday Sept 8 or you can register on site after 9AM Saturday at the Information Booth (space permitting). You may also register on site after 9AM at the Info Booth for Shotgun ridealongs which are high speed ride alongs with an instructor.

Bring your friends and family, and please spread the word about this event!

Please contact [email protected] with any registration questions or [email protected] with any event questions. See you soon!

Laura Cobetto, US Drift/Hyperfest Registrar

is this right or did i just amek a $40 mistake

Last edited by rewplayff; 09-09-2004 at 06:20 PM..
rewplayff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
If I read that correctly it is 20 minutes of real(ly gay) seat time.

...and its not 40 bucks, its 55. $15 is to get in the gate.

Is it worth it? I dunno, I think the money would be better spent on any of the books you can buy on amazon about driving. $55 bucks and 2/3rd of your day isn't worth it to me. Not to mention the crowd at hyperfest, the amount of traffic you'll see on the track and the mix of mosly new drivers that will be out there...I think it would be difficult for a new driver to learn much of anything at this event.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #10
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
yeah how embarassing of me =( i'm going to try and switch when i get there. is there someone who can help me?
rewplayff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #11
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Pepperoni
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewplayff
1:35-1:55 Hyperdrive on track session with instructor; helmets needed
aww...
Old 09-10-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
Var
Post Whore!

guys this info is for the 11th. i dont think the 12th is an official event. i would however like to be warned if i go to the racetrack if i'm only going to have 20 minutes of track time. This would be unacceptable ..no matter how cheap the entry is.