Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #31
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
is that kaessonethree? because i know he was running those as well
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
LOL I thought this was gonna be a parody thread

Way to let me down

Haha

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
is that kaessonethree? because i know he was running those as well
Nope he is Fahaka.

He made a good write up on the local forum(az240sx.org) but after a forum upgrade the write-up was lost ( this is what I mean by lost, click here )
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

The also have a 350z kit.

Yeah? Thats great. BTW, that doesnt look like a 350Z to me.

Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.

Logic FAILS. Want your car to perform like a supercar? Put supercar parts on it. Want it to perform like shit? Install shit parts on it.

I have absolutely NO interest in putting parts that look pretty but fail. I would personally prefer OEM parts, that are tested to OEM specifications. Atleast with 300ZX brakes, I know what I'm buying.. especially when it comes to brakes.

Lol dude I am the farthest thing from a ricer. I said my s13 is getting megan brakes. I am building a super cheap drift car to rag the shit out of that is my goal for this car. I can't afford to put real JDM parts on the s13, all the money went into jdm parts for the evo. I just bought a Ti front strut bar for the evo that cost me $400. I think I am crazy but I have a different goal with that car which is no expence spared time attack car. I have had many 240sx's in my day some all out and some not. My current one like I said is CHEAP. If I was building my s13 full out for time attacks then yeah I probably would go with something different. If my evo was a dd I would buy the megans. Good god I love the 240sx and have owned one longer than most members on here. Relax people.

No, you're not a ricer. You're a fucking fan-boy. You have an EVO and a 240SX, great. How about this, take pride in both cars and fix them up properly. Strut bars have to be one of the least important parts of a car, and you say you paid $400 bucks for yours. Titanium. Wow. You understand that a piece of steel would've done the same thing, right?

Things I am sure about:
1) Megan Racing will develop and release the BBK.
2) It will suck.
3) Lame, trendy, and broke 240SX owners will buy it.
4) More people will die.
5) I wont have to worry, because WILWOOD is still in business.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com
"Just say no to CHEAP SHIT"
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

No, you're not a ricer. You're a fucking fan-boy. You have an EVO and a 240SX, great. How about this, take pride in both cars and fix them up properly. Strut bars have to be one of the least important parts of a car, and you say you paid $400 bucks for yours. Titanium. Wow. You understand that a piece of steel would've done the same thing, right?

I second that.
Tool
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #36
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'll never buy megan racing anything. cept maybe a heat shield... but brakes? what are you sick or somethin? get wilwoods from zcar or some z brakes or q's - or at least just get good pads first. I have nothing good to say so ill stop.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #37
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MeGaN sHiT iZ hOt N aFfOrDaBlE y U h8eN dOgZ?

h8aZ!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #38
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
Quote:
4) More people will die.
YES.

DIE.

YES...

"I'll see you in HELL, MEGAN."

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #39
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Things I am sure about:
2) It will suck.
4) More people will die.
5) I wont have to worry, because WILWOOD is still in business.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com
"Just say no to CHEAP SHIT"
Enough said.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:45 PM   #40
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
fuck that is soooo quotable at all times right there
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #41
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wow if megan cant even get simple suspension pieces right i wouldnt trust them w/ brakes
driftsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #42
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
megan doesn't make shit

they relabel shit
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM   #43
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
If one wants to try, K-sport make a kit to fit our cars. front and rear.
8 pot front, 6 pot rear (no drum ebrake support). They have actually been track tested rigorously , I have closely followed the development in the UK. The dev was done on s-chassis cars and skylines specifically for them. I will be staying with my Brembo setup :-). I am not endorsing this or care if anyone buys them but it is an option.
dev/testing stages on the front kit:
http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=222266
dev/testing on rear kit (not completed)
http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=222266

as for pricing, well like everything in the UK, expensive but I bet if a US k-sport dealer got a hold of them the price tag would be the same just in dollars.
1K GBP for 356mm , 900 GBP for 330mm kit.
no pricing for the rear yet.

As for megan brake kit, FAIL!!!!!!!!
and fully support

"Things I am sure about:
2) It will suck.
4) More people will die.
5) I wont have to worry, because WILWOOD is still in business."
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #44
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
who the hell cares if they're knock offs? Not all of us can afford (or would even care to) use 100% JDM parts. I would definitely buy these cuz they'll probably be half the price of the "name brand" brake kits and will work just as good 99% of the time (just like the rest of megan's parts).
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #45
OptionZero
Post Whore!

don't be a fucking retard

you can get z brakes for 1/3rd the cost

use another G, get some bomb tires

you'll outbrake the idiot with megan brakes and have another G left to repay me for giving you this dose of common sense
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #46
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Ksport also has a division based here in the states, so if you want any warranty work done or having issues you can actually speak with someone that knows english.

racepar1: so 300ZX brakes are JDM now? along with Q45 brakes, oem brembo brakes, and wilwood??
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #47
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
OptionZero has it right!
Pay the man upfront for good advice.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #48
BattleRoyale
Leaky Injector

BattleRoyale is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.
hilarious hahahahahahaha

If you can't afford the real deal, and don't feel like stealing it off other peoples cars I guess its the way to go

or you could just get z, sti, or evo brembos and do that swap

6 or 8 piston calipers on a car that in most peoples cases is barely breaking 250+ hp (if you have an sr at least w/ some mods) is a little silly
BattleRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #49
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I would definitely buy these cuz they'll probably be half the price of the "name brand" brake kits and will work just as good 99% of the time (just like the rest of megan's parts).
did you see the last post on page 1 of this thread?

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...7&postcount=30

"name brand" brembo gran turismo brake system cost less than the megans.

Quote:
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #50
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
^Yeah but that is just the front's. The megan setup is all 4 for the same price. I bet the megan will out brake them but it would need to be tested.

Someone needs to put these on and do a 60-0 stop and compare it to the rest with similar tires. My guess is the megans will outperform the q45, evo, and z brakes.
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #51
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Logic FAILS. Want your car to perform like a supercar? Put supercar parts on it. Want it to perform like shit? Install shit parts on it.

First I bought the Ti bar not because I am a fan boy, it's actually not even made by some JDM tyte company. I bought it to loose some weight up high in the car were it is the most inportant. A Ti exhaust on the other hand would be the last thing to spend money on because the weight is low. I do admit I have many parts on the evo that I could have gotten much cheaper if I didn't go JDM so I guess I am a fan boy. Whatever...

Ok so I am suppose to go all out with top name parts on my 240z, s13, evo, e350, and formula car.

Megan oh no everyone run for the hills.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #52
OptionZero
Post Whore!

will they out perform the q45, evo, and zbrakes + price difference?

will they come with some sort of master cylinder to even out brake balance? do you think for a second "megan racing" tested this to ensure optimal bias

will they last a track day's use without braking?

will you ever give this up?

you know that bigger brakes isn't for necessarily for more braking power? bigger caliper = more pad surface, bigger caliper = more mass to dissapate heat

The 60-0 test measures a single straight line stop, or raw clamping power. If you want to dial in that test, just get stock brakes, heat up some good pads to optimal temp, get zero camber, fuck around with your spring rates, slap on some hoosiers. Boom, one super hard stop that tells you absofuckinglutely nothing.

since you can't even figure that out, I guess i should tell that determining the advantage of "big brakes" would require lapping and more lapping. Only then can you see how much resistance to brake fade the setup has, whether it'll handle repeated stops and cool off between corners sufficiently to maintain braking power
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #53
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
First I bought the Ti bar not because I am a fan boy, it's actually not even made by some JDM tyte company. I bought it to loose some weight up high in the car were it is the most inportant. A Ti exhaust on the other hand would be the last thing to spend money on because the weight is low. I do admit I have many parts on the evo that I could have gotten much cheaper if I didn't go JDM so I guess I am a fan boy. Whatever...

Ok so I am suppose to go all out with top name parts on my 240z, s13, evo, e350, and formula car.

Megan oh no everyone run for the hills.

u dont need to buy top name parts. you just need to not buy crap name parts
Old 08-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #54
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post

Yes that is nice and priced very very good!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #55
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
HAHAHA. OMG. Megan Racing brakes! HAHAH. Those retards couldn't even make a strut tower bar. Let along brakes that are supposed to stop a car.

This is the stupidest shit I've heard in a LONG ASS time.

OMG.

hahaha.

Seriously. This shit is hella funny.

Whoever said that it would be a good idea to run these or even to defend megan racing fails at life.

0100: You fail at life. You try and name drop some shit brand mods on a shitty car.

You're a dumb shit. If you can't afford to mod ONE car propperly, then why the fuck would you even attempt to mod multiples? You really think a titanium STB is going to lower your CG that much? LOL. Damn you're dumb.

I'm glad I didn't mod my suby like you. If I did I'd probably kill myself.

Like seriously. Go read a book.

Or crawl back up your mom's cooch and come back when you have more common sense.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #56
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

The mods on my subaru alone cost more than the shit you have invested in your evo including the price of mods. LOL.,
You think so. What is you mod list?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #57
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
lawl. I edited that out so that this wouldn't become a pissing contest. But whatever.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #58
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
Maybe i read it fast but Brembo is Italian.
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #59
djkowai
Leaky Injector

djkowai will become famous soon enoughdjkowai will become famous soon enoughdjkowai will become famous soon enoughdjkowai will become famous soon enough
i only run a megan manifold, but thats because its cheap enough to replace if it breaks. But a bbk?? that seems pretty silly, i'll take my z32 brakes anyday. i dont understand why you want them to make the kit if you arent even going to buy, because didnt you say you were just going to buy cheap parts for it?
djkowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #60
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAH Lets Mod list battle!!!!

So you went from ricer to fanboy then back to ricer all in one thread.