Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #121
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

Trader Rating: (0)
zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
^oh i see. just renamed products....weak

knockoffs remind me of the honda boys around here that have the Rota Slipstreams and try to go around saying there fuckin Spoon wheels.
zerooath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #122
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
however if I was going to buy a big brake kit I would definitely consider the megans for two reasons #1 they'll be half the price #2 for sure megan is buying those calipers from a much larger and more reputable manufacturer and the rotors are easily replaced if they're crap.
#1 you are a complete moron the arizona z car wilwood setup is cheaper then the Megan setup AND it's link was posted in this thread

#2 you cannot prove that at all none of thier other parts come from reputable manufacturers why the hell would the brakes be any different
Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #123
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
is that kaessonethree? because i know he was running those as well
Thanks for doing what you've always done, OZ.

I have 'em, I like 'em (referring to the AZCar brakes). When I put the LS1 in, they'll be tossed out, but otherwise I have no real qualms about them. Swept area's a bit low and they're not AP or Brembo but they are more than adequate for 110+* heat on braking-intensive tracks. I've been through a set and a half of rotors and the car is so freakin' fun to drive and just stops on a dime with the heavy trackday pads.

Do you really want a knockoff brake system? At my previous job, I dealt with a Chinese manufacturer making replacement parts for a high-end German marque. The manufacturer's engineers had NO IDEA what they were doing. They took a forged piston from the US and CAST it and thought it would be fine. They didn't radius edges and cracked cylinders were the result. They frequently sent parts that were unfinished or poorly finished. Quality control is NOT a common occurrence.

I know that a whole lot of the members of this site have little money to spend on their car (a club I joined a while back, unfortunately, hence the pause in my posting) and think that cheaping out will do it. It won't, and I'll be passing you at the track in my ugly but properly done coupe. You can also bet your ass I'll chip in for a tow truck to get you home, though, as long as you promise to replace the broken part with a quality part.

You want to cheap out? Cheap out on body kits, hoods (but don't forget to pin that cheap hood), and shift knobs.

While I'm at it, can I say that Rotora sucks? That felt good.

Good job to everyone who said no to the Megan brakes. You all have brains.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #124
jkeisser
Leaky Injector

jkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enough
Megans FTL!
Only thing I'd run on the Megan lineup would be the coilovers..
cheap decent entry level coilovers.

I wouldn't trust any emerging company with something so important in a car.. like the brakes!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #125
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
ckamc: If you had the mental capacity to read two sentences in a row you'd notice the term "name brand" which would include wildwood and brembo. Furthermoe I was comparing aftermarket big brake kits not O.E. brake upgrades. I would personally go with Q-45 front brakes or a 4-wheel 300 zx set up long before buying any big brake kit. however if I was going to buy a big brake kit I would definitely consider the megans for two reasons #1 they'll be half the price #2 for sure megan is buying those calipers from a much larger and more reputable manufacturer and the rotors are easily replaced if they're crap.

Option Zero: You're not as smart or as cool as you think u are.
No, i'm not as smart as cool as I think I am. In reality, I'm even smarter and cooler than that.

You said big brake kits. 3Z brakes = bigger brakes than stock = big brakes
Why the fuck do you need to distinguish between an upgrade pulled off another nissan and an upgrade pulled off someone's shelf?

larger and more reputable doesn't mean shit considering you don't know what company it is, and it be equally bad or worse

i definitely consider you a dumbass, and I think you've saved me the trouble of typing out the reasons
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #126
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
"Megan Racing was started in 2001, and over the past 5 years our top priority has been to provide high quality performance parts at reasonable prices. Our Innovative and original designs, allow us to stay ahead of the competition without inflating prices. Since 2001 our product line has grown to over 1000 products for over 60 cars and is continuing to grow daily. The Megan Racing staff prides itself on maintaining the original company goals of performance, design, and economical prices that will allow us to grow for many years to come. "

i just went on their website.. ummm to be honest their convincing.. but... i wouldnt trust a company on super high performance cars that some of us drive that have only been around since 2001.. i mean how much knowlege do you really have in quality and design to jump out and making parts like bbk.. that takes a lot of knowledge to design to perfection.. i mean not only is the bussiness young but ..

" Megan Racing started out with small auto accessories such as intakes, strut braces, universal exhausts and aluminum spoilers."

hahaha ricer company!!

wow

Last edited by PRADOgy; 08-02-2007 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: thug life
PRADOgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #127
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
No, i'm not as smart as cool as I think I am. In reality, I'm even smarter and cooler than that.

You said big brake kits. 3Z brakes = bigger brakes than stock = big brakes
Why the fuck do you need to distinguish between an upgrade pulled off another nissan and an upgrade pulled off someone's shelf?

larger and more reputable doesn't mean shit considering you don't know what company it is, and it be equally bad or worse

i definitely consider you a dumbass, and I think you've saved me the trouble of typing out the reasons
Damn, he got you there man

I mean smart you are Optionzero, but COOL?

Cmon, let's not stretch your luck

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #128
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
farzam> I remember years ago they were really small (nearly unknown), and I saw a stick on a car and said "wow...worst name for a racing team ever."

Yep, same here.

racepar0> ckamc: If you had the mental capacity to read two sentences in a row you'd notice the term "name brand" which would include wildwood and brembo. Furthermoe I was comparing aftermarket big brake kits not O.E. brake upgrades. I would personally go with Q-45 front brakes or a 4-wheel 300 zx set up long before buying any big brake kit. however if I was going to buy a big brake kit I would definitely consider the megans for two reasons #1 they'll be half the price #2 for sure megan is buying those calipers from a much larger and more reputable manufacturer and the rotors are easily replaced if they're crap.

Option Zero: You're not as smart or as cool as you think u are.

both of these guys own you.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #129
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriKnights View Post
"Megan Racing was started in 2001, and over the past 5 years our top priority has been to provide high quality performance parts at reasonable prices. Our Innovative and original designs, allow us to stay ahead of the competition without inflating prices. Since 2001 our product line has grown to over 1000 products for over 60 cars and is continuing to grow daily. The Megan Racing staff prides itself on maintaining the original company goals of performance, design, and economical prices that will allow us to grow for many years to come. "
Gaddamn.. that shit reminds me of the quote from Austin Powers:

"Dr Evil, several years ago we invested in a small Seattle-based coffee company. Today Starbucks offers premium quality coffee at affordable prices."
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #130
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head View Post
tell me that four years from now when I am still on my first set of battle version links on my S13 which are currently four years old and are still perfect
well i've owned my 240 for about 6 years now, and started using megan products about 3 years ago. If you look at the product and they have any flaws, tell them right away and they take care of you. For the price you really can't beat service like that. You should be able to tell the difference between a "quality" product and a crap product. Me personally, I take advantage of their satisfaction guarenteed policy and if I spot a flaw in the product I just send it back and they send me a new one. After all, in the end, I think they would rather fork up another 500 dollar part than have a 5000 dollar claim put against their company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Perfect example of why to never trust a salesman who is telling you something about thier own product. If it is such a reputable company why wouldnt you say who it was? I mean if Brembo made MR's BBK then I would think you would WANT to say that to sell more product but what do I know. Also if you are going to say "MR wont let us say who makes them"(which Im sure you will) then MR is fucking retarded because if I was selling a BBK made by Alcon only it had "Ryan Racing" stamped on the side you better believe it would be in BOLD in my ad.
These road racers you speak of, please have one of them come to this thread posting a review backed by some track experience with the kit.
PS: I couldnt help but notice you take pride in being the east coast's # 1 distributor of straight up garbage.

Though you would think that a company would want to say "oh we get our products made by *insert reputable company here*" it doesnt work that way as a business. The reason being, if the consumer finds that these outsourced components are made by a company and simply sold to you with megans name on it, what is to stop us from going directly to that company to purchase the items ourselves? As a business you are responsible to one thing: your revenue.

having worked in the parts field for quite some time, I know all of the little tricks of the trade that are used in marketing. the end result that really matters is what you put on your car. If you look at the rotors in the megan package and say "hmm.. they look cheesy".. then simply return them for new ones, or dont buy them at all! I dont think that you should rob megan of reasons for producing these big brake kits. When it comes down to it... if the materials used are good (steel), the hydraulics have good seals in them (good rubber) and you get your dang *shiny* braided lines that everyone seems to deem necessary to be reputable, it really doesnt matter what name you buy. Brakes all work the same. Calipers clamp down on the rotors.

Sure you might say "but brembo put in a lot of research and development into their products!" Well, yeah... originally. Brakes are made by so many manufacturers now that you have plenty of options to go with. They all have the same principles, and they all do the same job: clamp down on the rotor.

What brembo became infamous for was developing the slotted and crossdrilled design to eliminate gasses in the most efficient manner. It takes a genious to design, but a fool can imitate it fairly well. If the price of the megan kit is substantially lower than that of brembo, I would not cry one bit about buying them.
daryl337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #131
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

"Dr Evil, several years ago we invested in a small Seattle-based coffee company. Today Starbucks offers premium quality coffee at affordable prices."

Let's get Megan to make us a Big Brake Kit.

: Howbout NOOOooo

LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #132
ixfxi
Post Whore!

daryl> Though you would think that a company would want to say "oh we get our products made by *insert reputable company here*" it doesnt work that way as a business. The reason being, if the consumer finds that these outsourced components are made by a company and simply sold to you with megans name on it, what is to stop us from going directly to that company to purchase the items ourselves? As a business you are responsible to one thing: your revenue.

Volume. No manufacturer is going to sell to an individual (or small group) of consumers. The reality is, the whole goal of a manufacturer is to sell bulk, volume, period. Some companies can get away by selling lesser, inferior products that are typically manufacturered overseas. The reality is, any manufacturer that cares about quality control has most of their manufacturing done in-house.

If you look at the rotors in the megan package and say "hmm.. they look cheesy".. then simply return them for new ones, or dont buy them at all! I dont think that you should rob megan of reasons for producing these big brake kits.

What good is it to exchange shit rotors for NEW shit rotors? Its the same fucking difference. If something sucks, why deal with it? Its like I say, Pep Boys offers "lifetime gaurantee" on certain parts like starters and alternators. In many cases, they sell you some 1/2 rebuilt pile of shit that you spend "a lifetime" swapping and exchanging. I just dont believe in cheap shit, thats all.

When it comes down to it... if the materials used are good (steel), the hydraulics have good seals in them (good rubber) and you get your dang *shiny* braided lines that everyone seems to deem necessary to be reputable, it really doesnt matter what name you buy. Brakes all work the same. Calipers clamp down on the rotors.

Spoken like a true 21 year old. Its CHEAP, get it? Saying that steel is steel, and all steel is the same - is null minded. There are many different grades/quality of metals, rubbers, and obviously the better quality components cost more. If a brakes job was as simple as you make it seem, then why even have multiple pistons? Why about brake bias, grain structure and tempering of the metal? What about unsprung weight and rotational balance. Just because their parts are shiny and powdercoated, big deal.. I can powdercoat any metal and look pretty. It'll take more than that to win a following.

Sure you might say "but brembo put in a lot of research and development into their products!" Well, yeah... originally. Brakes are made by so many manufacturers now that you have plenty of options to go with.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I read that Brembo has recently stopped putting money into their R&D department, and now they're out copying ideas and fabricating their product overseas. I've noticed that all the exotic cars come stock with a zillion other brands, right? Because they have so many options to chose from, and there are so many factories geared up to manufacture brake systems.

What brembo became infamous for was developing the slotted and crossdrilled design to eliminate gasses in the most efficient manner. It takes a genious to design, but a fool can imitate it fairly well. If the price of the megan kit is substantially lower than that of brembo, I would not cry one bit about buying them.

infamous? you mean FAMOUS.

dont worry brotha, the price of the megan kit WILL be affordable.. perfectly affordable and I am anxious to hear your review. Post it up on the forum, we're all waiting to hear what you think about it.

the one thing i love about the main pic, is how clean and shiny all the parts are. especially the fasteners for the brake lines, they're chrome. i wonder what grade those fasteners are. too often do i see chrome pieces like that made of shit quality metal.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #133
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
well i've owned my 240 for about 6 years now, and started using megan products about 3 years ago. If you look at the product and they have any flaws, tell them right away and they take care of you.........
that's great if it's a non-critical part and you can spot the flaw right off the bat. it's a little more important when the part in question is as critical as your brakes. you don't want to find out that there is a casting flaw in one of your calipers (which you couldn't see because the part was powder-coated, and besides how many of us are metallurgists?) during an emergency stop from 80 mph. if you want to entrust your life to a company known for cheap knockoffs and poor quality control, go right ahead, I sure as hell won't.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #134
ixfxi
Post Whore!

hey did you guys hear? megan ALSO offers a 12 piston 16" rotor big brake kit! wow...

if rotora could do it, so can megan.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #135
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
When I started high school Which was(00)There was this older kid
that had MR (Megan Racing)stickers on his car(Integra)And
He was telling everyone that him and his freind's were gonna
start a company called that.I was like why MR?Sounds stupid.
He told me it wasnt up to him.His parents($$$$$$)were gonna invest
some money into it.These kids were all from familys that had money.
LOTS OF IT.Which I always thought why did he drive an integra.
Back then he already had a MR exhaust and the stickers.Which made
me think hey they might really go through with it.Well before I gruduated
MR made more SHIT than expected.Well to say that they just relabel is
Untrue they just hooked up with a manafacturer in CHINA.HE SAID IT WAS CHEAP TO GET THERE STUFF FROM THERE.From what I see they have gotten big but due to their quality they havent made the impact they all expected.
Well Justin if your out there MAKE BETTER SHIT.....STUFF!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #136
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Youre like the margarine of Evil. Youre like the Diet Coke of Evil - just one calorie, not even enough!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #137
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Well, this thread should die. You can already use the BBK from the evo and sti and make it work on the 240sx. If vendors really want to sell it, they can custom package their orders like that, and they now see that they might have a few customers on hand.

Otherwise.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #138
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Brembo rotors tend to use a semi floating two piece rotor from what i remember. It's actually loose, so when it does heat up, the brake rotor can expand at a certain rate which is supposed to be more effective. I doubt Megan Racing took this into account.

I can't tell in the megan racing pic, but the vanes of the brake rotor aren't directional unlike other companies which design their rotor to get better heat dissipation/air flow.

Looks like you're getting what you pay for. If it's cheap, expect it. You guys care too much.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #139
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Id do it as long as I got some kind of comparison proof that they do what they are suspossed to do.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #140
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Here's the deal, though:

These aren't strut tower braces, downpipes, engine mounts, gauges, test pipes, headers, or anything else that will cause a high-speed impact with a wall or other traffic. The product in question is not just a braking system component, it is the caliper and rotor. It is THE braking system (well, the system upon which the hydraulic braking system acts to slow the car). A failure of either a caliper or rotor is catastrophic. Should the rotor disintegrate, you will have rotor pieces being spun into the wheel, brake line, fender, track surface, etc. If the hat fails, you have a rotor which is doing nothing but slamming into whatever it can. If the caliper fails, you have zero braking force on that wheel and possibly lose all brake fluid in just a couple pedal strokes. All of this can mean the difference between slowing for T4 and ending up in the Armco, in the tires, or going through the chain-link sideways to catch a wheel in the dirt and cartwheel onto another track surface. Hooray.

What quality are the bolts? What purity is the alloy used for the calipers? What quality is the rubber for the pistons? What purity is the alloy used for the pistons? What's the bursting strength of the rubber in the hoses?

Unless Megan tells us these details, I don't understand why anyone wants a Megan kit in the first place. Everyone knows their suspension pieces use inferior rod ends (if they use rod ends at all) and their brackets are on the thin side. Look at the flanges on their headers versus the high-end pieces.

If I took a picture of a Megan tension rod next to an SPL or Peak tension rod, it'd be no contest which one even a non-enthusiast would pick.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #141
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Damn, he got you there man

I mean smart you are Optionzero, but COOL?

Cmon, let's not stretch your luck

A Spec: Ya I kinda backed myself into a corner on that one but your response was worth it (LOL), besides who really cares what some guy that I'll probably never meet thinks of me.

Optionzero: damn you really take a stupid thread pretty seriously, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a dumb-ass and there is no reason to be cussing and insulting people bro. The bottom line is that there are plenty of people out there who know as much or more than you about tuning silvias/240s and you have no right to judge anyone by a couple posts in some stupid thread.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #142
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
1. it's not that you don't agree with me that makes you a dumbass
2. it's your lame posts that make you a dumbass
3. yes, there are people that know more than 240s than me
4. you are not one of them
5. you don't have any right to complain about people judging you; if you can't backup what you post, then STFU
6. stop being a pussy
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #143
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
God...please...ill stop masterbating if you just let this thread DIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!

PS: for 1 day...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #144
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
You guys should pick up the phone and talk it out

Don't hide behind the computer screen

Now talk it out!
Now talk it out!
Westside talk it (uh) out!
Eastside talk it (uh) out!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #145
Fahaka
Leaky Injector

Fahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
Nope he is Fahaka.

He made a good write up on the local forum(az240sx.org) but after a forum upgrade the write-up was lost ( this is what I mean by lost, click here )
Hey Chris I'll do the writeup on zilvia too, I just never got around to it...

Here it is
Fahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #146
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Is it seriously $3000 for a MEGAN brake kit???

umm

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...20Racing&m=all

AP racing 14.25 inch 2 piece slotted rotors, 6 piston calipers
$2895.75

why the f*ck would i buy megan for $3000

EDIT: Just noticed it was $3400 for rear calipers as well, still not worth it......That $500 difference can get me a nice rear caliper setup that is not f*cking megan. With the Megan i'll probably crash into someone everyday, with the AP racing, i'd make people crash into me three times a day.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #147
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
the one thing i love about the main pic, is how clean and shiny all the parts are. especially the fasteners for the brake lines, they're chrome. i wonder what grade those fasteners are. too often do i see chrome pieces like that made of shit quality metal.
Gr 2 at the most GR5
Old 08-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #148
BobbyDigi
Zilvia Member

BobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
you want cheap? wilwood makes a 13", 4 pot kit for the fronts. its about $1k.

i couldnt roll on those simply because they say 'megan racing' on the calipers. eww.

link to the package? and, where did you buy?
BobbyDigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #149
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
http://arizonazcar.com/240sxbrakes.html
Old 08-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #150
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
This is what happens when you support Megan.

Jtuned_andy is offline   Reply With Quote