Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2003, 07:26 PM   #1
/etc/shadow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
/etc/shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crashed at 110 mph

And I'm completely unharmed. ??

I was doing ~110 mph on a curvy road that I frequent. I encountered some water. Rear end slid out, spun, slid up a curb, took out a street light, its concrete base, 2-3 trees, flipped, landed on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong way.

Opened the door, got out, car is DESTROYED save for the seats, walked away unharmed. I'll post pictures when I get them.

Christ, I have Nissan to thank for my S13's "excellent" drivers-side crash test rating.
/etc/shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Kreator
Nissanaholic!

Kreator will become famous soon enoughKreator will become famous soon enoughKreator will become famous soon enough
Maybe this will teach you not to do 110mph on a curvy road that has water puddles? Congrats on remaining unharmed.

кто болеет за Зенит, у того всегда стоит!
Kreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
If that isn't a joke, which it doesn't sound like it is, you are both nuts and ridiculously lucky. I don't (ever) intend on getting in an accident-- especially not at 110mph!
I won't give any lectures, but... 110mph? The road couldn't have been that curvy, unless you meant 110kph.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go! Don't sound so happy about doing stupid things!
BTW: I've crashed st 150mph. Twice.
-Jeff
Old 02-16-2003, 07:37 PM   #5
/etc/shadow
Zilvia Member

It's pretty freaking curvy. I'll take pictures of it too.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:51 PM   #6
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Damn nissans great engineering, Darwin almost claimed another.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #7
Nismos14
Zilvia FREAK!

Nismos14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Way to go! Don't sound so happy about doing stupid things!
BTW: I've crashed st 150mph. Twice.
-Jeff
good lord can we have more details about those???
Old 02-16-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, sure.
I had a 515rwhp Corvette. I decided to drag race it.
First time, I had a 2 mile stretch of road, and no houses / intersections anywhere. I also cruised down the road a couple times, and it was clear.
So, I went down the road. Me driving and Alan in the passenger seat and some kid "Onyx" in the rear hatch. I was going 148 and accelerating the last time I saw the spedo, and suddenly hit a pothole that was previously unseen, which blew out the tires on the passenger side. After fishtailing for a long time, the car pulled off to the right, and flew through a ditch that was deeper than the car was tall. I did a couple 360s, and skidded to a stop. From the pothole to the stop was nearly 1/2 mile.
The second time was on the highway. I hit some retread that peeled off a truck, and just kinda cruised into the big-ass median. It still sucked.
So.. I really have no sympathy for people that take less time than I did to decide where and when to go fast.
-Jeff
Old 02-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #9
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
wow, you should really pray tonite, thank god you are ok. Really want to see pictures. Did you have your seatbelt on?
hookedup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:13 PM   #10
/etc/shadow
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hookedup240 Did you have your seatbelt on? [/B]
Always.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #11
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
You are very lucky. People losing control like that going 1/2 that speed have been killed. Through this experience, I hope you've learned that you can't go 110 down a curvy road. You shouldn't even go that fast on a straightaway--take that speed to the track.

But, I am glad you're not injured. You'll probably be a bit sore tomorrow, but if that's all you get--you're very lucky.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:47 PM   #12
Nismos14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by 96SEChick
You are very lucky. People losing control like that going 1/2 that speed have been killed. Through this experience, I hope you've learned that you can't go 110 down a curvy road. You shouldn't even go that fast on a straightaway--take that speed to the track.

But, I am glad you're not injured. You'll probably be a bit sore tomorrow, but if that's all you get--you're very lucky.

i'd have to agree your luckier than most, and jeff, jeez lol glad u came out alright and in 240 land
Old 02-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #13
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
Wow, and I thought I was stupid.

Congrats on being alive.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:13 PM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I remember drifting my 71 240z at 100 mph on skyline blvd on the San Francisco penisula between page mill and highway 84 . I was doing around 100 into a descending radius right hander when my rear broke opposite lock against the grain of the road yes a left land drift in a right hand corner. Anyways I corrected back the other way and back again till I scrubbed off to about 85 straightened it out and kept on going . Needless to say I don't recommend anyone on this board try high speed drifting its not for the faint of heart and should be done on track only.

should you doubt any of this not only did I have a passenger in the car with me but I had a motorcycle following me and still have friends in the bay area that can vouch about this . none the less, I am not waving the glory flag about it I am just bringing it up .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #15
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Glad that your alive and well.

But you have to admit.....doing 110 on a wet curvy road in a RWD car was not smart.....and this is how you learned you lesson....just not the hard way....
Old 02-16-2003, 09:44 PM   #16
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Quote:
Originally posted by GT specR
Glad that your alive and well.

But you have to admit.....doing 110 on a wet curvy road in a RWD car was not smart.....and this is how you learned you lesson....just not the hard way....
Yeah, in a FWD car he would have lost traction, still, an instead of swaying back and forth, he would have simply jetted off the road head-on. I don't know why people think FWD is more controllable. The worst thing in the world, maybe besides SUV's, is understeer.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:47 PM   #17
/etc/shadow
Zilvia Member

I've heard some stuff that may be an interesting update to this wreck. First off, apparently the water was in the road because my car broke some kind of thing that had water in it.

And someone suggested that my loss of traction could have been lift throttle oversteer from the 118 mph fuel cut. Come to think of it, I was taking that corner faster than I ever had before...
Old 02-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #18
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by /etc/shadow
I've heard some stuff that may be an interesting update to this wreck. First off, apparently the water was in the road because my car broke some kind of thing that had water in it.

And someone suggested that my loss of traction could have been lift throttle oversteer from the 118 mph fuel cut. Come to think of it, I was taking that corner faster than I ever had before...
Glad you didn't hit anybody else...what the **** were you thinking?
Honestly, I think that is the stupidist thing I have ever seen anybody post on this forum.
Another togue car or whatever bites the dust eh?
Hopefully you won't be dumb enough to go doing it again
Old 02-16-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
Natty
Zilvia Addict

Natty is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope you are a canadian and 110kph is 68mph. Even 68 is a hard wreck!
Glad you are okay though.

That's why I keep my 110mph "romps" on the rare highway stretches where I can see for miles.

Jeff
Old 02-16-2003, 11:36 PM   #20
xLSTONEx
BANNED

xLSTONEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xLSTONEx
your one lucky SOB, glad your ok, maybe insurance will pay you for a better S13/4 now, and a few mods. Sorry about your lose.
xLSTONEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:54 PM   #21
91blk240
Zilvia Junkie

91blk240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't even know what to say....110 on a wet and curvy road

Old 02-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #22
Cheng
Leaky Injector

Cheng is an unknown quantity at this point
Man you guys are pretty darn stupid going 110 on a curvy road. how stupid can you be. You guys that go 110 and crash are the type of people that give the import scen a bad rep. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS THING BEFORE YOU DO STUPID THINGS, BEFORE YOU RUIN IT FOR ALL OF US THAT DOESN"T DO STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT
(BLITZ: FM/IC, BOV, DOWNPIPE, INTAKE)
(5zigen Fireball 3" Exhaust)
(Bee R testpipe)
(Walbro Fuel Pump)
Cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:31 AM   #23
Sundi240
Leaky Injector

Sundi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure everyone has done some stupid things from one time to another. Unfortunately, some suffer consequences, some more serious than others. I'm glad that you're okay.
Personally, I'm on my last chance because insurance is a killer. 2 1/2 years ago some dumbass kid decided that he wanted me to stop by stepping in the road when I'm going 80km/h. Instead of killing him, I swerved and wedged between a tree and a pole. Approx $3500CDN damage. About 3-4 months ago, I basically "tapped" some guy in an old MR2 in a parking lot. Did $1200CDN to him, $500CDN to myself. My car was getting fixed, and I had a 2001 Sentra as a rental car. I was driving too fast and it was a little wet, slid, hit a pole, did $7000CDN damage. My insurance quote for next year was around $11,000/year. I'm gonna have to wait until the first one expires, and pay off the second incident, to bring it down to around $2400/year. Fun fun!
Sorry for the long post, but sometimes people just have to crash to actually learn something. It seems there are some prime examples of that right here in this forum.

BTW, were you charged with anything, and how is this going to affect your insurance?
Sundi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:40 AM   #24
xhdriver
Zilvia Member

xhdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
i surved a 120mph crash in my old 2nd gen integra on the freeway, walked ay completely un harmed also. its pretty baddass
Old 02-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #25
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorifto180sx
Yeah, in a FWD car he would have lost traction, still, an instead of swaying back and forth, he would have simply jetted off the road head-on. I don't know why people think FWD is more controllable. The worst thing in the world, maybe besides SUV's, is understeer.
Because when it snows, its alot easier to get out of my parking lot in my Dad's Camry......I always get stuck in my 240.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:41 AM   #26
nrcooled
Nissanaholic!

nrcooled is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to nrcooled
Wow that is pretty ****ing stupid...then to sound proud? People have to be smarter about how and when they run their car. Please be more carefull in the future!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #27
Nismos14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by nrcooled
Wow that is pretty ****ing stupid...then to sound proud? People have to be smarter about how and when they run their car. Please be more carefull in the future!
give the guy a break, when talking on-line u dont get to really hear what that person is feeling weather it be sadness hurt or scaredness, so why assume he's proud? i dont think he was being proud, but i definately agree people need to be smarter about how they drive and what not.

Last edited by Nismos14; 02-17-2003 at 10:37 AM..
Nismos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:48 AM   #28
AutoDestruct
Zilvia Junkie

AutoDestruct is an unknown quantity at this point
Man don't listen to the people b*tching. I guess they bought a sports car so they can go slow. And I bet they have never broke a single law in there life. They just want to be a b*tch for the mod's. F*ck um they are not your parents. I'm sure you learned all you needed to know and more. Can you say A*s kisser? I knew you could.

I wrecked doing about 80 a week ago. Fortunately I only busted My right rear control arms, and I have a spare car. Not like you probably care.

Don't let the panzies get to you. Half of them probably don't even have a 240, much less try to push some limits in their car. Yeah some of them are cool, but sh*t they love to get on the bandwagon.

Remember the Stage of the Street, is just that. Anything can happen. Take care
AutoDestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:54 AM   #29
Silviaholic
Zilvia Member

Silviaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silviaholic Send a message via AIM to Silviaholic
****...35mph around a 140* bend into a curb almost flipped my old gen3 camry... walked away fine, until Dad found out....
Old 02-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #30
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay okay enough bickering... we've established that he shouldn't have been driving that fast, and that we all make mistakes.
NOW let's see some photos!