Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 019
Thumbs down reckless driving for doughnuts....

so it snowed a whole lot today... so classes got cancelled tomorrow... so my friends and i decided to go to a parking lot to have some fun.... well not such a great idea.... we were just doing some doughnuts and whatnot, when the cops showed up. all 3 of us ended up getting reckless driving tickets... piece of advice for those that do the same thing... don't stay too long! we were there for quite a bit, so it gave plenty of time for the cops to come... damn this sucks!

sorry... had to vent....
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
s14vaxlr8
Zilvia Junkie

s14vaxlr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14vaxlr8
i hate blacksburg cops
gave me a dui for moving my car to a visitors spot 75 yrd away or else i would have got towed, i dont prote drinking and driving, but we would all do the same i feel if your car was about to get towed
Old 02-16-2003, 10:02 PM   #3
Nerfdude
BANNED

Nerfdude is an unknown quantity at this point
hehehh... it snowed here all day and it started last night... and last night i was doing donughts outside my work (Domino's), which also happens to be the same lot as the local police department... with my Domino's light on my roof. a couple of the cops actually came out and watched. they don't bother us drivers, it's pretty cool. i can do 15 or so over and fly by a cop with my domino's light on, and they don't hassle me.
Nerfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
Re: reckless driving for doughnuts....

Quote:
Originally posted by 019
so it snowed a whole lot today... so classes got cancelled tomorrow... so my friends and i decided to go to a parking lot to have some fun.... well not such a great idea.... we were just doing some doughnuts and whatnot, when the cops showed up. all 3 of us ended up getting reckless driving tickets... piece of advice for those that do the same thing... don't stay too long! we were there for quite a bit, so it gave plenty of time for the cops to come... damn this sucks!

sorry... had to vent....
Yea, i hate it when cops are dicks about that kind of stuff. I think as long as you are in a empty parking lot they should just tell you to go home, not give tickets. They were kids once and probably did the same thing.
hookedup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Stee Flo
Endless Knights

Stee Flo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah my bro and his friend were doing donuts and drifts in a school parking lot last night. You just gotta be careful where you do them. Pick a nice lot not easily seen from the street.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #6
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nerfdude
a couple of the cops actually came out and watched. they don't bother us drivers, it's pretty cool. i can do 15 or so over and fly by a cop with my domino's light on, and they don't hassle me.
Lucky bastard. I wish cops here would be so cool.
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #7
killdie

killdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to killdie
i got a ticket for doing donuts as well. i was in a giant empty parking lot, it was huge no sign of anything to hit at all. asshole cop gave me reckless driving too. it was 6 points and $350. it sucked.
killdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #8
Zilvia Addict

yeah... blacksburg cops suck.... now i'm just gonna have to be more careful when i drive....

hookedup240, i agree man... i mean, there were no cars around and plenty of space. i didn't even know that doing doughnuts would result in a reckless... i thought it'd just be a fine or something.

killdie, yeah i hear ya man... now i gotta go to court... maybe i'll be able to get it reduced...
Old 02-17-2003, 01:16 PM   #9
heinekenns

heinekenns is an unknown quantity at this point
Were you in the litton reives lot? Damn, that really sucks. Was Future Prospect with you? We're out 5 nights a week now tearing up blacksburg, but haven't got a ticket yet. We have been stopped by the cops more than 5 times now though. I think they are getting tired of us.

On Sunday, when it was raining before it snowed, we (jeff, marshall and I) went to the commuter lot to 'practice'. I ended up smacking a light pole doin figure eights around his car and the islands, but not too bad. Lost a corner light and dented the bumper. Nothing that cant be fixed.

www.streetdynamics.com
heinekenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #10
Zilvia Addict

yeah, that was us. actually Future Prospect and i went to litton reeves on saturday too cuz it was raining. had plenty of fun there. i was trying to hit you up but you weren't home. i figured you'd be out having some fun, haha. sucks you damaged your car a lil, but better than getting a reckless
Old 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM   #11
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
That's really nuts. You should be able to do donuts in an open parking lot as long as it doesn't create a lot of noise imo. That's about the only way you can really get a feel for how your car handles when you lose traction.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
toddnappi
Zilvia Junkie

toddnappi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to toddnappi
This kid at my work kept talking about how hard it was to drive his Probe in the snow. Well I told him you don't even know come drive with my after work we'll go over to Walmart and do some drifts. Well it's right next to Dunkin Donuts, but I wasn't even thinking so after like 2 min I heard some sirens and I got stopped. He asked what I was doing and I said just practicing getting my car out of a slide. He looked at me and knew I was lying but he just told me to leave.
toddnappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:58 PM   #13
Zilvia Addict

haha, hard to drive a fwd? haha it's kinda funny tho. when we went to do our doughnuts and crap, the only ppl that drove were the rwd and awd ppl. all the fwd drivers were too scared to drive. but dang, toddnappi. you lucky he just told you to leave. i wish that could've happened to me... but no... i gotta be stuck with a reckless...
Old 02-17-2003, 09:04 PM   #14
s13fastback
Leaky Injector

s13fastback is an unknown quantity at this point
i did some un un-intentional do-nuts when it snowed here, but i was going about 35 down a road ... oh wait that considered spinning out ... yah it was kinda scarey .... but i didnt damage the car
s13fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 09:08 PM   #15
Nerfdude
BANNED

Nerfdude is an unknown quantity at this point
when there's snow covering the streets, i take my dad's olds cutlass to work.. it's fwd. after driving rwd for 7 months, fwd is like a joke to me. i'll be flying down a 4-lane street doing about 40, and have to drive down the middle f the road to avoid people who can't control thier fwd's doing about 15mph or so. it's sad, honestly.
Nerfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM   #16
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
Well, I wouldn't say that's too brilliant either. Regardless of how easy it is for you to keep yourself in between the lines when it's snowy out, if you had to stop quickly for some reason, you wouldn't be in good shape.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:31 PM   #17
Zilvia Addict

yeah, that's true, transient. i always drive pretty slow in snow, hehe. when noone's around, i'd punch it in 2nd gear just to get a lil wheel spin, just for fun, haha. but yeah. i mean a lot of fwd and awd people are always going pretty fast, even in snow... better keep it slow though... quick stops are bad for everyone, regardless of what wheel drive.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:05 AM   #18
b_dyche

b_dyche is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to b_dyche Send a message via AIM to b_dyche Send a message via Yahoo to b_dyche
I love taking both of my FWD cars out in the snow... my AE82 Corolla and my B13...

the AE82 is more fun though... it's got only 5HP less than the B13, but weighs nearly 1,000 lbs less... and it's got no power steering, so it gets really "heavy" when you have to countersteer...

I can't wait until I'm through with A-school and I buy my S13... then I'll be in for a real fun time!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #19
s13fastback
Leaky Injector

s13fastback is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I can't wait until I'm through with A-school and I buy my S13... then I'll be in for a real fun time!
just take that money and buy an sr20det for your sentra... make it a true sleeper ....
s13fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:39 PM   #20
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
damn 019 that sux bout the ticket
do u go to tech too?
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #21
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasTek240
damn 019 that sux bout the ticket
do u go to tech too?
yeah it does suck... i wish the cops would've just told us to leave.... and yeah, i do go to tech
Old 02-19-2003, 05:32 AM   #22
Stee Flo
Endless Knights

Stee Flo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I dont think its a good idea to go fast in the snow. Even if you can control it well, doesnt mean you are able to stop well at that speed. Whats with all these 4 wheel drive cars speeding around like they are special or something. Sure 4 wheel drive is good for not getting stuck but doesnt help when trying to brake at 50mph.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:44 AM   #23
mrdirty
Zilvia Addict

mrdirty is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in the land of the snow, I've found it a lot easier to handle my 240 in bad weather than any of my previous cars. It's much easier to feel the road (As long as you develop sensitive feet).
mrdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:51 AM   #24
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
Was the parking lot private property? You can't get a moving violation for driving done on private property i think.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #25
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
My friends and I were over in an empty parking lot here at school doing donuts. So there was an S14, an FCTII, and a civic all doing donuts and whatnot. Campus security comes flying towards so we all drive back to the dorm and he follows us. He tells us basically to stop driving like idiots on "his" campus and also tells us that spinning donuts in a huge empty parking is a "BIG problem." He then tried to threaten us by saying he once towed a Porsche..
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:13 AM   #26
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DuffMan
Was the parking lot private property? You can't get a moving violation for driving done on private property i think.
that's a good point. went to talk to a lawyer yesterday and he said that we might be able to argue that the parking lot was not a highway (you can only get reckless driving on a highway, but the definition of highway isn't what we think it is). but that'll probably be a weak argument.

thelinja, you're lucky. we were trying to dip, but the cops just came at us. we couldn't really get out cuz they sort of trapped us in the lot.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:14 AM   #27
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
what's so fun about doing donuts anyways?
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #28
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dunno. You guys don't get snow in socal... here in the northeast it's good release from cabin fever to head out to a parking lot and be stupid in a car. It's a hell of a lot safer than doing it on the street in those conditions. Tracks are closed, autocross season doesn't kick off for another month...

The police are just doing their job, reckless driving is excessive though. Reckless driving implies a complete lack of regard for public safety, which isn't the case if you're in an empty parking lot.
AKADriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #29
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally posted by 019

thelinja, you're lucky. we were trying to dip, but the cops just came at us. we couldn't really get out cuz they sort of trapped us in the lot.
Eh. Not really lucky. Campus security = rent-a-cop. A month ago we got busted too. Our garage for the motorsports club got broken into and about $4500 in tools/parts were stolen, since we didn't have anything to work on, me and a few of the guys decided to have a mini WRC race in the snow covered field by our garage. Campus security came by after about twenty minutes, told us to leave and said we were very immature and that we should think about what we were doing.

Also, the "real" cops here in Terre Haute stay away from our campus. It's pretty sweet. Not once this year have I seen a real cop car on campus.

Last edited by thelinja; 02-19-2003 at 09:32 AM..
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #30
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by AKADriver
I dunno. You guys don't get snow in socal... here in the northeast it's good release from cabin fever to head out to a parking lot and be stupid in a car. It's a hell of a lot safer than doing it on the street in those conditions. Tracks are closed, autocross season doesn't kick off for another month...

The police are just doing their job, reckless driving is excessive though. Reckless driving implies a complete lack of regard for public safety, which isn't the case if you're in an empty parking lot.

ahh snow that's right. hm. we do that here but on dry pavement of course.

snow is for the weak! haha..j/k

makes sense no track and such. im dying right now, between track events..blah.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote