Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
01SaturnL200
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SaturnL200 Send a message via Yahoo to 01SaturnL200
new steering wheel?

sup everybody, i wanted to know what wheel u guys like better, im split between the 2

i have this one : http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?seqnum=124826&html=grantdetail

im thinking bout this on : http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?seqnum=124832&html=grantdetail

which one? i dunno which one, they use the same hub so that dont matter.
01SaturnL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man both those wheels are sooo freakin ugly..

I would get neither and just save my money on a Sparco, Nardi or MOMO with a quick release..
Old 12-26-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
both are ugly nd i just got an atc steering wheel for christmas!!!
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:14 PM   #4
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i agree, neither is good
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:40 PM   #5
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
better than stock.?

YES. verry

therefore its good enough to buy. i have friends with gt grant wheels and they feel mucho betteroo over stock.

so....

i think you should get it if the price it right, and be satisfied and not listen to these other crap head zilvians:
sLiDewAys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
barf

Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:01 AM   #7
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SaturnL200
sup everybody, i wanted to know what wheel u guys like better, im split between the 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiDewAys
i think you should get it if the price it right, and be satisfied and not listen to these other crap head zilvians:

He asked for our opinion and we gave it to him.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Both of them are definitely not my taste, but given the choice between the two, i say keep the one you have.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:13 AM   #9
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holisticbeatz

He asked for our opinion and we gave it to him.

wow nice middle finger, i wonder what u use them for? better yet dont telll me id ratehr not know!
Old 12-27-2004, 12:18 AM   #10
01SaturnL200

01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
blah blah blah, my parents got me the black one, and the other is the same price so i can trade it out w/o spending any of MY money.....
Old 12-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #11
01SaturnL200

i know i asked for opinions, but i dont have the resources right now to afford a momo, spearco, etc.... wheel, cause i have a car note, and other bills to pay, im just getting parts for my 240, w/ extra money i get
Old 12-27-2004, 12:21 AM   #12
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
yay for the parents!
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:22 AM   #13
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
actually, i have a Grant GT whel, it's the 13"

not bad considering i got it for free, i dont like how far it is from me (i'm 6'1 and i gotta lean back a bit) and there is no available spacer for it...but it's a decent wheel i guess, not as sturdy feeling as a Momo/Bride/Personal (what i've felt before)

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:39 AM   #14
01SaturnL200

im 6'1 too, i dun really like it either lol, but its in my budget for right now.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #15
bkfill
Zilvia Junkie

bkfill is an unknown quantity at this point
nardi 360 or 330 <33333 im in love with that nardi dark wood
Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 AM   #16
susuki1220
Zilvia Member

susuki1220 is a well-known jackass
momo steering wheels............ Woot
susuki1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #17
Stock-S13
BANNED

Stock-S13 can only hope to improve
You let your parents buy you parts for your car?

How degrating.... Could have sworn this was a HOBBY in which we splurdge our OWN dispossible income..

Most my mom ever bought me was uhh hmm, right one of those oilly rag things to keep the car clean, but lets put it this way. Tommarow it rains = car wash for my car.
Stock-S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #18
01SaturnL200

i let my parents buy shit for me when ever i can! thats parts i want/need, and less money i have to spend on them.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:34 AM   #19
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
yeah seriously... being that i'm only 18 and i just graduated, i'm not rich. I still go to school and cant afford to save alot of money making 7 dollars an hour. If they buy me something, i take it with open arms...My latest present was for Xmas...Taka Oil Lines! holler!

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 12-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #20
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
keep the one you have, its the same one I got. GF bought it for me woot woot.. all of you that want momo and saprco, go ahead and spend 200 for a wheel, will it really make you that much faster? GT grant is good enough, looks decent and feels nice enough. We drive 13 year old cars or more, does a really nice steering wheel make the pile of metal that much more valuable? And wont more people want to break in to take a nice momo over a GT grant?

those were my reasons for the GT grant, its good enough, and is comfortable, plus my GF got it for me
autobahNESSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #21
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Will the more expensive wheel itself make you faster? likely not

Will the ready availability of quality spacers and quick releases make their use more enjoyable? YES!

If all you want is a wheel that fits like stock and feels good, get a stock leather-wrapped wheel and recondition it. Hell, I had the nastiest, grungiest, rattiest looking stock leather wheel ever in my current S13. A few minutes of scrubbing with liquid hand soap then a shot of leather cleaner/protectant and it looks and feels great. It's much chunkier and nicer to use than the plastic wheels most S13s came with.

If I were to buy an aftermarket wheel, it'd specifically be because of the custom mounting options to tailor the position of the wheel to my tastes.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #22
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i personally dislike both of those wheels!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #23
zanos
Zilvia Junkie

zanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura aboutzanos has a spectacular aura about
they are fugly,if i were you,id leave the stock wheel.And who said you gotta be rich to buy a nice steering wheel?I once got brand new momo monte carlo with a hub for $120,you just gotta know where to look,and be patient.And btw,grant made some nice ones too.I got one on the junk yard for 10 bucks,and it looks just as good as momo.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #24
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
the only reason i bought my steering wheel was to get spacers and so the steering wheel is closer to me and also so that my knee doesnt hit the steering wheel everytime i downshift. if it wasnt for that id keep my stock one with airbag on it
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:14 PM   #25
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-S13
You let your parents buy you parts for your car?

How degrating.... Could have sworn this was a HOBBY in which we splurdge our OWN dispossible income..

Most my mom ever bought me was uhh hmm, right one of those oilly rag things to keep the car clean, but lets put it this way. Tommarow it rains = car wash for my car.

DUDE! STFU. whats wrong with getting free parts. jsut cuz ur car looks like beattlejuice's ass!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:38 PM   #26
01SaturnL200

lmao, i think im gonna stick w/ the one i have
Old 12-27-2004, 01:51 PM   #27
Ian
Post Whore!

here's my Grant GT lol

i painted it cuz i got bored...i'll probably be re-doing it a different color if i get tired of it...

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 12-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #28
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

now see, that one looks funky!. but the one my friend has looks just like the momo exept it says gt grant1
Old 12-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #29
Stock-S13
BANNED

Stock-S13 can only hope to improve
Last post i will ever make on this forum. Be it condesending or not. Sales are still debateble though..

First, I would just like to commend RDMII (russ) on his perdictions. You are right this new slew of 240 owner is fucking repulsive.

Second, Far be it from em to call anyone out on what is right or wrong. I am not the ideal candidate for that. But When i hear ranting bitching becuase you can not mod your car. GUess what DUMBFUCK, leave it stock! So you don't have cash for those new ROTA wheels on EBAY, so be it. Or what ever fucking tawdry piece you deem acceptable to take your parents hard earned money. Seriously, if you had any respect for yourself or your parents you would look to them and look for money, rather earn it and mod you car accordingly?

Lastly, Do not ever throw age as a factor or variable. That just fucking demeans us all. I personnaly bought my car when i was 16 well over 3 years ago with my own hard earned cash. Guess what kid, i didn't mod it... Did i bitch and look to mom and dad for cash? Absoletly not, why? Becuae its MY hobby, not theres. In all honestly, i would be disgusted if i looked to my car and knew my parents had bought my mods for me. What's the point? And well, ill level with you. You suck at life! I havent had a job since i was 17 and have a decent amount of money invested into my car, last i checke it was around 5k-6k or so.. So if you can't pull of your APC bumper, by flipping burgers all day well, yeah just DIE now...

So to reiterate; go fuck yourselves. Yes my car does have its share of battke scars, but i love that way.

Cliff notes; Darwinism has yet to bestow you...
Stock-S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:40 PM   #30
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
So if someone buys you a mod as a birthday gift or christmas present you would refuse to put it on your car because its your hobby and no one else should be involved in it? Wow your logic is just horrible and your attempt at dragging this thread off topic is commendable -_-. People are talking about freebies here and most people don't mind help every now and then. I also bought my car myself when I was in High school but I don't go around bitching just cause I'm mostly stock since I'm a broke college student.

Anyways back to steering wheels.... Those Grant steering wheels look alright, not as good as a Nardi or Momo imho but wutever floats your boat. Having the ability to add a spacer is always a plus for us tall people when looking into aftermarket steering wheels. Theres plenty of cheap deals on ebay for good used aftermarket steering wheels.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote