Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #1291
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I ran 17x10 +19 on my S13. 235/40/17 tire (Federal, chunky tire) with 2.5*-3* camber. Besides hammering the inner lips flat on my rear panels, I didn't have to do anything else.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #1292
25BajaOutlaw

Trader Rating: (0)
25BajaOutlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Came across a deal on some 370z 19"s with factory 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rears.
+47 up front and +30 rear. Will they fit?
I assume they are the same as the 18s but they are 10" wide rear and 9" wide front.
25BajaOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #1293
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm199 View Post
Those are the only offsets these wheel come in. Right now lookin at the xxr 526s. I know, I know, cheap wheel. Lol

Well then what about....
Fronts: 18X8.5 +35mm
Rears: 18X8.5 +35mm
Soooo any info? Need to order wheels soon.....
I would rather have the wheels with specs,
Fronts:
17x9 with +35mm Offset
Rears:
17x10 with +20mm Offset
^Those are the only offset the wheels come in also.
But if it would be too much to try and put them on the front then I will just go with the ones in the quote....
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #1294
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlanolin View Post
I was debating between the two but I really like the step lips. I just wanna make sure they clear the brakes before I purchase. Like that I know what offset to get up front. If I need spacers ill get the +30 if not ill get the +22.
Offset has nothing to do with wheel clearance, its all about the face design. With that said, considering how flat the face are, I highly doubt it would clear big ass brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25BajaOutlaw View Post
Came across a deal on some 370z 19"s with factory 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rears.
I assume they are the same as the 18s but they are 10" wide rear and 9" wide front.
Not without spacers...

Quote:
Soooo any info? Need to order wheels soon.....
I would rather have the wheels with specs,
Fronts:
17x9 with +35mm Offset
Rears:
17x10 with +20mm Offset
^Those are the only offset the wheels come in also.
But if it would be too much to try and put them on the front then I will just go with the ones in the quote....
If you're buying new wheels, why the fuck do you keep insisting on buying shitty offset wheels? At a minimum 9js +25. Anything higher offset than that, save your money for better wheels.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #1295
25BajaOutlaw

25BajaOutlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25BajaOutlaw

Not without spacers...

so i think i need a 17mm up front and 10 rear? i hate not totally understanding this stuff
thanks for your help.
25BajaOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #1296
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
If you're buying new wheels, why the fuck do you keep insisting on buying shitty offset wheels? At a minimum 9js +25. Anything higher offset than that, save your money for better wheels.
Because honesty, I can't afford anything more than $200 or more per wheel, I am wanting to have a pretty good size lip on it, those are the only offsets they have, and I would like to have atleast an 8 inch up front. Sorry I am a high schooler working at Kroger and can't afford Works.....
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #1297
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Because honesty, I can't afford anything more than $200 or more per wheel, I am wanting to have a pretty good size lip on it, those are the only offsets they have, and I would like to have atleast an 8 inch up front. Sorry I am a high schooler working at Kroger and can't afford Works.....
best advice would be to save
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #1298
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

Ok then, but I am atleast gtting off stock S13 wheels....My dad offered to pay for my wheels when I showed him these wheels, so after I get wheels i'm saving for coils, then buy much much better wheels.
But these were the wheels I were originally looking at, before I started to want an agressive setup.
the specs would be 17x7, with the only offset being +40 though. Still too high of an offset, or would it be fine with around a 5 or 10mm spacer? The strut is about an inch away from my tire when we measured it., if that helps anything. Is my thinking about right with the calculations? I am trying to figure all this shit out because I am a complete noob about this and it's confusing me so bear with me...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #1299
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Ok then, but I am atleast gtting off stock S13 wheels....My dad offered to pay for my wheels when I showed him these wheels, so after I get wheels i'm saving for coils, then buy much much better wheels.
But these were the wheels I were originally looking at, before I started to want an agressive setup.
the specs would be 17x7, with the only offset being +40 though. Still too high of an offset, or would it be fine with around a 5 or 10mm spacer? The strut is about an inch away from my tire when we measured it., if that helps anything. Is my thinking about right with the calculations? I am trying to figure all this shit out because I am a complete noob about this and it's confusing me so bear with me...
"Dad is paying..." This is a good thing that will get you a decent set of wheels and tires to run until you get the brakes, suspension, and chassis sorted out. Now you will have to trust me on this...

Get a set of whatever wheels you like for cheap from Discount Tire...remember, tires have to be bought with larger diameter wheels so get some Yokohama Advan S.4's(The roundest side wall avaialble) OR a set of General AS-O3's(The LIGHTEST tire available). Dad will see you saving him some money by going with less expensive wheels("Pop, I have been thinking about this...") So a set of 17x7.5 or 17x8 for undet $150 and a set of 215 or 225 tires will square you away while you save and get your chassis sorted with the better parts. Remember, chassis set up is going to take longer and be more expensive, or a little less costly than good tires and wheels. Isis parts are good, will last you well on the street, adn are less than other big name brand.

Here's a link:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tog...id=013818&fcb=

Lots of decent wheels under a hubdred, tires and Pop is happy because YOU saved him a lot of money with a smart choice that was well thought out
Old 06-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1300
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Please excuse me if you already answered this (as I haven't gone through the last few pages of this thread), but why the need to step away from stock wheels? You mention buying a cheap set of wheels now, saving up for coils, then buying a better set of wheels down the road. Why throw your money away on low quality/poor fitting wheels when you can just buy new tires for your stock wheels and continue to save up money instead? That would be the cheapest alternative.

You don't have to buy new wheels if you're on such a tight budget. Same goes for people who use their income as an excuse to run the lowest quality stuff out there.

Rather than throw money at something your car really doesn't need, why not spend that money on improving the ride quality? Replace some bushings (steering rack, swaybars), upgrade your brakes (Q45 or Z32), or replace some leaky seals on that motor. People focus on appearances all too much and almost always skimp out reliability.

Riding stock isn't the end of the world.

Maybe my old daily S13 can serve as inspiration for that.

Anyway, even though 17x7 +40 will work on your S13 (it will come fairly close to your strut), it won't necessarily look good.

This is what 17x7 +40(something) looks like on an S13:

My very first S13 roughly 6 years ago. Not my finest moment, but you get the idea. You'll generally want to stick with 17x8 - 17x10 with offsets ranging between +30 to +10 (the lower the offset, the further the wheel will stick out and the further it will be from your strut). Now, you also have to take into account what type of fitment you'll be going for. Running nice square tires all around means you can stick to wheels in the +15 to +20 range. Fitment won't be "hella flush", but performance will shoot straight up and it'll still look good.

If that still doesn't make sense, try using this:

Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator

Neat little calculator that shows you the difference between two different wheel/tire sizes.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #1301
Sil#2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sil#2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
xxr 527 18x9.75 on s14?

Anyone know how these would fit on a s14 with Megan coils? Spacers needed? Pull?

Thanks all.
Sil#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1302
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

^the reason why I am looking at buying a cheap set, is because my dad offered to pay for my wheels, since he did it with my sister also. He offered when I told him the original wheels (the 17x7 +40) were only like $115 per wheel. I'm not wanting to try and over do it with his generosity and get expensive wheels. And CrimsonRockett, I don't have an S13. I have an S14, but the PO put the S13 base wheels on it. Sorry I didn't clarify. But don't the S13 have a harder time trying to find a good fitment upfront in stead of the S14? So if it can fit on an S13, then it should no problem on an S14?
Hahah after trying to figure all this out and lOoking at wheels I have been reading up on all the fitment stuff. I'll eventually understand it much better and won't have to annoy you guys as much lol.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #1303
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For s14 fronts... are there some coilovers that offer more clearance than others in terms of the bottom collar mount (without having to go with Megan Racing and extended brackets) where the distance of the hole-to-shock-cynlinder is great than others.

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #1304
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
^the reason why I am looking at buying a cheap set, is because my dad offered to pay for my wheels, since he did it with my sister also. He offered when I told him the original wheels (the 17x7 +40) were only like $115 per wheel. I'm not wanting to try and over do it with his generosity and get expensive wheels. And CrimsonRockett, I don't have an S13. I have an S14, but the PO put the S13 base wheels on it. Sorry I didn't clarify. But don't the S13 have a harder time trying to find a good fitment upfront in stead of the S14? So if it can fit on an S13, then it should no problem on an S14?
Hahah after trying to figure all this out and lOoking at wheels I have been reading up on all the fitment stuff. I'll eventually understand it much better and won't have to annoy you guys as much lol.
Really? There are enough low offset knock off wheels from XXR, Rotas, or some other knock off company that cost less than $600 for a set. Shit for a couple more bucks, you can get a set of MB Battles...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #1305
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

^ but I have 4 lug, and MBs are 5 aren't they? But those are the only wheels I have seen that I actually like. They are the Drag Dr-31, and I'm in love with Work CR-Kai wheels, so that's why I am wanting them. So bottom line is, would 17x7 +40 fit on a stock S14 with KYB AGX struts?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #1306
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
^ but I have 4 lug, and MBs are 5 aren't they? But those are the only wheels I have seen that I actually like. They are the Drag Dr-31, and I'm in love with Work CR-Kai wheels, so that's why I am wanting them. So bottom line is, would 17x7 +40 fit on a stock S14 with KYB AGX struts?
SQUARE Wheels G6 Model - 17x9 +15 4x114.3 (set of 4) - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC

You're welcome...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #1307
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

What would be needed for an S14? Fender roll on the rear like the S13? No spacers? Thanks for showing me those though! Just a few questions just to make sure and then I will be outta your hair.....
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #1308
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yep just a roll, 9j +15 isn't too crazy on an s14
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1309
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Worst car scenario, you'd have to beat the lip up some with a rubber mallet. Since you're still on shock/spring setup, doubt the tires would even come close to fenders. Slap some 225/45-17s on those and it should look good.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #1310
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup dudes!

I'm currently running 225/35/18 up front on a 18x9. I like how they fit, but the tires need replacing soon. I came up on a pair of 215/40/18 Nankangs brand new and would like to use those up front but I want to know how much higher the sidewall will be.

It's a skinnier tire but taller sidewall... Would it end up fitting the same as a 225/35?

Thanks!
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #1311
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
I even found it cheaper...you owe me $50 for saving you $100.

SQUARE Wheels G6 Model - 17x9 +15 4x114.3 (set of 4)

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #1312
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Sup dudes!

I'm currently running 225/35/18 up front on a 18x9. I like how they fit, but the tires need replacing soon. I came up on a pair of 215/40/18 Nankangs brand new and would like to use those up front but I want to know how much higher the sidewall will be.

It's a skinnier tire but taller sidewall... Would it end up fitting the same as a 225/35?

Thanks!
Look up "Tire Calculators" on google. You can punch in the numbers and itll show you the difference in sizing.

215/40 will be slightly taller but not much. 3.1 inches vs 3.4 inches in sidewall thickness. But then you still gotta put into consideration that not all tire manufacturers are the same. 2 tires sized the same will almost always be different between makers. Federals are smaller than advertised while Dunlops are usually bigger.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #1313
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
I even found it cheaper...you owe me $50 for saving you $100.

SQUARE Wheels G6 Model - 17x9 +15 4x114.3 (set of 4)
aceupmotorsports has them for free shipping.
SQUARE Wheels G6 Model - 17x9 +15 (set of 4) ****FREE SHIPPING**** - Ace Up Motorsports

oh and those wheels are horrid. good thing i didn't get them when they first came out lol.
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #1314
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

I don't owe you $50. Shipping from them is $150, so it evens up with $650 shipped from enjuku :P
But idk, the more I look at them, the more I don't like em. Maybe they would look better painted gold like I planned on with the 526s....I'm just gonna be looking up wheels like crazy in the next few weeks. I hopefully wanna get new wheels before IA at the end of July so I have enough tread to make it lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #1315
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Right above you is $499 taxed and shipped...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #1316
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
hey guys

i just need to know what is the widest rim and tire i can run on my 97 240sx without camber. i dont want to use camber i need my tires flat on the ground.
i would like a lip on my rims so i would pull and roll fenders but camber must stay stock.

anyways what can i use for what im trying to do?
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #1317
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadazzSr20 View Post
hey guys

i just need to know what is the widest rim and tire i can run on my 97 240sx without camber. i dont want to use camber i need my tires flat on the ground.
i would like a lip on my rims so i would pull and roll fenders but camber must stay stock.

anyways what can i use for what im trying to do?
Well, if you dont want camber, how low are you planning on going? How far out the wheel will stick is different at stock height vs slammed. Then you still gotta figure out what suspension you're running (shock/strut vs coilovers and then what kind of coilover).

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #1318
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
What will it take in order to run 18X9 +35 fronts and 18X10 +38 Rears on an S14?
Spacers? Fender Flares? and would it look funny on an S14 with no aero?
thanks!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #1319
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
At a minimum 9js +25. Anything higher offset than that, save your money for better wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonroz View Post
What will it take in order to run 18X9 +35 fronts and 18X10 +38 Rears on an S14?
Spacers? Fender Flares? and would it look funny on an S14 with no aero?
thanks!
Fronts wont fit for sure...rears not too sure but needs lower offset. Nothing in the 30s offset looks good in a S14.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #1320
Justinbobby
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Justinbobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm trying to see what front fenders I can run on 18x10 -6 on 215/40's.

Will run 25mm extended LCA and -5 to -7 camber.

I have a feeling I should run 25mm overs up front.

Would like some feedback thanks!
Justinbobby is offline   Reply With Quote