Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
M374llic4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
M374llic4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to M374llic4
Megasquirt 3 / MS3x wiring for KA24E questions.

Hello all,
I have spent the last week or two working on a spreadsheet on how to connect the Megasquirt 3 and MS3x expansion board to the KA24E, but have came across a few road blocks. Below are the last things that are keeping me from being able to finish it and connect up my setup, if anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it. I have included pictures from the FSM and a chart from DIYAutotune that go along with my questions, as well as a pic of the board I am trying to connect the MS3/MS3x to.

I am trying to figure out for to properly hook up the power due to the ECCS stuff. In the chart below, it just says :

Input From Out Pin To
Relay 1 36 4

Pretty much, I just need to know how to wire up the power properly for this thing on a KA24E. Someone said I can just wire it up directly to the battery, could I just do that with a fuse and a switch? What about KA pins 36 and 4, which are Ignition switch and ECCS relay positive?

IAC says to go to 113 on the KA, but MS3 it looks it has multiple IAC (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B), but also just a "PWM Idle Valve" on pin 30, but I read somewhere that it might depend on how the board is configured as to where you need to connect it, or is that only for another version of the MS?