Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #901
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
real world

nvida control panel takes like 3-5secs to load. amd takes a instant.

i am really enjoying adrenalin. really love wattman/chill, just fine tuning undervolting vega was funny and easy. imo its just flatout better.

lucky i avoided 364 gpu bricking fiasco cause im super hesitant updating to new nvida drivers because it drops performances most of the times.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #902
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
real world

nvida control panel takes like 3-5secs to load. amd takes a instant.

i am really enjoying adrenalin. really love wattman/chill, just fine tuning undervolting vega was funny and easy. imo its just flatout better.

lucky i avoided 364 gpu bricking fiasco cause im super hesitant updating to new nvida drivers because it drops performances most of the times.
My horrible experience with the catalyst control center on two different cards is the reason I went with an Nvidia card this year.

364 bricking was a April Fools joke by fudzilla. Totally fake and over 2 yrs ago.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #903
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/evgas-gt...450-right-now/

That's the real price of a gtx1080. Mid range card.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #904
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Never again will I save money by ordering fittings from China, literally takes 5 years to arrive. Need them to come in so I can finish up.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #905
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
My horrible experience with the catalyst control center on two different cards is the reason I went with an Nvidia card this year.

364 bricking was a April Fools joke by fudzilla. Totally fake and over 2 yrs ago.
There were other previous drivers that said to brick. I usually check the review or benchmarks. Most of the time I don't bother updating.

amd had it's glitches and bugs but usually i just update every new& beta drivers. I had crossfire from 5000 to 290x. So yeah.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #906
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://videocardz.com/76808/intel-c...cations-emerge

Amd low-end (no ccx)8core vs 9700k. If intel price the 9900k near amds low end cpu, it will be intel hands down.

Wonder where intel is going to price these. If amd can price their low-end 8core stupid low like current 2700x. It's going to be hot cakes.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #907
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
There were other previous drivers that said to brick. I usually check the review or benchmarks. Most of the time I don't bother updating.

amd had it's glitches and bugs but usually i just update every new& beta drivers. I had crossfire from 5000 to 290x. So yeah.
It's impossible for a driver to brick the card. The premise is false. The card will go into protect mode if any specs go out of line.

The major problem for me it was wattman not holding settings between reboots. Sometimes even between games. Afterburner was a more reliable solution for me.

Quote:
https://videocardz.com/76808/intel-c...cations-emerge

Amd low-end (no ccx)8core vs 9700k. If intel price the 9900k near amds low end cpu, it will be intel hands down.

Wonder where intel is going to price these. If amd can price their low-end 8core stupid low like current 2700x. It's going to be hot cakes.
Intel has been sitting/sleeping for years on development. It's going to be a price war. Whether it's as competitive as the Ryzen vs 8th gen is to be seen. It really depends on who bucks first.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:30 AM   #908
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

I did brick a 6950 somehow trying to flash to 6970. Even with dual bios. Luckily, I was cf. Having the extra gpu saved my butt from more hassle. Yes , it's not impossible. But, a pain in the butt.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #909
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...etup_explodes/

Lol damn
Old 07-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #910
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
And that's why I don't do watercooling. I just don't trust myself with plumbing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #911
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Hardline is some next level trickiness. The whole process asks for trouble. You need to cut rigid tubing to fit deep enough into the compression fitting, but not so deep that you aren't able to get the tube in both ends, plus a pain to get them in. It doesn't leave any room for error. Soft tubing is very forgiving. Even without ziptes you can't pull most tubes off without cutting them.

I've never had a tube->fitting related leak.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #912
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

A noob like me. That's what scares me making everything hardline.
I'm making a external cooler so Hardline from there I can practice. Soft hose to the case and inside.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #913
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Water cooling looks so BA but I just cannot justify the expense and time. I don't overclock that much. My 4690k is running at 4.5 ghz on my AIO. Good enough for me. My 470 (when watt actually holds my over clocks) does not overclock that well so air cooling works just fine.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:04 PM   #914
dmitrysgarage

dmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her self
Water cooling is pretty sweet, but you don't have to go water cooled for the vast majority of applications. It's really worth it if you're dumping tons of cash into playing the silicon lottery trying to find a particularly lucky CPU or GPU. For near factory clock speeds it's really not a big deal.

I still run one of those self contained corsair systems for my CPU, because they're cheap enough and quieter, but its not required. For my GPU I'm running an EVGA 1080 FTW2 and I can get it over 62F on fans alone no matter how hard I push it. It's usually in the high 50s. I can't overclock it any more without losing stability. Because it's running so cold, water isn't going to do anything for performance. It would quiet it down, but I don't really care. I just flip it into an underclocked low fan speed desktop preset in XOC if i'm not using the card to render stuff.

A friend of mine builds high end servers for high frequency traders doing serialized processing. His company bins tons of high clock speed CPUs for various product lines. He has designs with liquid and refrigerant based cooling in rack mount chassis. It's pretty cool stuff, but way above anything most home overclockers are doing.
dmitrysgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #915
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I am not confident in my own ability I guess. I can barely cable manage.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:58 AM   #916
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ge...-leaked,3.html

Very interesting if that's actually a nvlink. From Nvidia site...
Quote:
A single NVIDIA Tesla® V100 GPU supports up to six NVLink connections and total bandwidth of 300 GB/sec—10X the bandwidth of PCIe Gen 3.
Way faster then pcie 3 or 4. Wusup Mr wang still no mgpu.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #917
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ge...-leaked,3.html

Very interesting if that's actually a nvlink. From Nvidia site...

Way faster then pcie 3 or 4. Wusup Mr wang still no mgpu.

What's the benefit of two GPU's behaving as one?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #918
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Water cooling looks so BA but I just cannot justify the expense and time. I don't overclock that much. My 4690k is running at 4.5 ghz on my AIO. Good enough for me. My 470 (when watt actually holds my over clocks) does not overclock that well so air cooling works just fine.
Your AIO will degrade over time more-so than a serviceable loop. Also watercooling prices have come down substantially. Jaystwocents and Linus have done videos recently about the "ebay" parts available.

Prior to jay's video I had been running the same amazon copper waterblock he tested. I believe it was about $20. Awesome temps. My new Optimus waterblock ~$90 only outperformed it by 5*C across the board. Optimus sent me a prototype baseplate for my waterblock to use with liquid metal between the IHS and block, will be interesting to see how many degrees a full liquid metal will shave off.

Cheap parts break down
$35 - 240mm copper ebay rad
$20 - Amazon copper waterblock
$30 - Amazon swiftech pump clone (non pwm, is pretty quiet)
$20 - Fittings
$10 - Acrylic reservoir

$115 - Total

Will outperform AIO's and will have a much longer service life. Also can place things where you want, much more aesthetically pleasing. PC runs much quieter in general which is a big plus.

In other news the winners list was finally posted for the 8086k giveaway, 119 pages, found my name after a while. They say delivery by October but i'm hoping it comes sooner, they pretty much don't respond to emails. I asked if we would be given a tracking number once shipped. Got an aorus gaming 7 for $210, sold the Optane that came with it for $50 locally. Effectively $160 for the board, midrange board pricing for high end board thanks to that deal on newegg.

All my fittings came in so I can finish drilling holes and wrap up my case-integrated loop, then get to cable organizing

Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #919
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
What's the benefit of two GPU's behaving as one?
Ray tracing true future
Old 08-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #920
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by borosun View Post
ray tracing true future

........eli5?
Old 08-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #921
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
........eli5?
Basically it's like dbz fusion. Unlike crossfire or sli.
It's stacks power/performance like 8gb + 8gb total 16gb and adding up core counts. One monster gpu
Old 08-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #922
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Basically it's like dbz fusion. Unlike crossfire or sli.
It's stacks power/performance like 8gb + 8gb total 16gb and adding up core counts. One monster gpu

Ahh. Now that would be the tits. I'd get two 1180ti's and try to fun 4K 120hz.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:48 PM   #923
S14DB
AFC #1

Great, now AMD is doing this Hybrid drives that don't work BS. How many times has Intel failed at this?

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/store-mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Your AIO will degrade over time more-so than a serviceable loop.
When does this happen? I have been running my AIO for 6yrs with no problems or degradation in performance.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #924
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Great, now AMD is doing this Hybrid drives that don't work BS. How many times has Intel failed at this?

When does this happen? I have been running my AIO for 6yrs with no problems or degradation in performance.
Without monitoring it are you sure you've seen 0 performance loss? What AIO is it, usually galvanic corrosion occurs due to copper block and aluminum rad. You can find videos of people draining AIO's and see the chunks coming out.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #925
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
And so it begins...
Just got my case in for my new pc. Phanteks enthoo pro m. Might go full team red on this one. Trying to keep it around $1500.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #926
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-SqJHYzC0
Old 08-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #927
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Without monitoring it are you sure you've seen 0 performance loss? What AIO is it, usually galvanic corrosion occurs due to copper block and aluminum rad. You can find videos of people draining AIO's and see the chunks coming out.
I'm talking CPU temps over time. I can find videos of everything. Bashing AIO's seem to be the open loop fanboy's go to justify their systems.

Quote:
D3-SqJHYzC0
Better video. I am now thinking of buying http://www.enmotus.com/fuzedrive now and a 128gb ssd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbl2dYgjMQ4
Old 08-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #928
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

i am lvl1 sub member.

but, imo jim's video is way better.

showed this vid before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-PNAsRnBA
Old 08-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #929
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I'm talking CPU temps over time. I can find videos of everything. Bashing AIO's seem to be the open loop fanboy's go to justify their systems.
Not bashing it, just simply stated pros/cons.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #930
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtH_jPAQVLc