Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-28-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
luckie2hav3her
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
luckie2hav3her is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luckie2hav3her
VIN Dash problem... wtf do u do??

I got my car impounded cuz my vin on my dash was different from the chassis vin... wtf do u do when u wanna switch dashes on ur s13 cuz its cracked?? wwat do u do about the vin #?? i got my car back though =)
luckie2hav3her is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I switched Dashes, and I asked a cop about it. What I ended up doing was drilling out the rivits on both dashes, and re-riviting the correct vin# on the "new" dash. If a cop ever asks why it looks like the vin has been tampered with, tell them. I figured that would be better than having the wrong vin. why in the world were they checking your dash vin to your chassis vin anyway?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
ahha jdm has no vin
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:48 AM   #4
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess you might be able to carry the other vin in the glove box off the old dash and explain to the officer why it was switched. Not really sure.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to nrg
when you switch dashes, you can drill out the revents and swap your vins, then use new revits.
that's what I did.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM   #6
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Run with out a dash like I did. Simple. If you dont like the hotness, take off the new dashes vin and leave it. Its a new dash, if the cop has a problem with it, karate chop his ass and dip.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
luckie2hav3her
BANNED

haha... he checked it cuz i bought the car with no plates, it was an out of state car.... irony of it all.... i was DRIVING to the dmv when he pulled me over
Old 05-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
sux man. Just tell him the dash was swapped because of hte cracking and tell him to check the door sills and the engine bay.

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
JDMs13
BANNED

JDMs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JDMs13
If you use similar rivets, be gentle, and take your time, there should be no reason for him to suspect it was tampered with. If you hack the shit out of it, crease it, use 1/2 inch rivets......he may suspect somethings up.
JDMs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #10
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Drill the rivets out and rivet the correct plate in like the rest of us did when we swapped our dashboards.

Or if you wanna be supar ghetto, take the plate out alotgether and have him check the VIN on the firewall.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
when you rivet the new one on, be sure its facing the right direction. i had a friend who didnt notice it until we put the damn thing back in. and trust me, its a bitch for us S14 guys

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You guys make it too hard. Cut the bottom portion of the rivet off and push it out, then stick the plate to the dash with doubleside. Looks OE because you haven't messed with the top of the rivets.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #13
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to nrg
^ I actually did that with my current vins. I was too lazy to go and buy a rivet gun and rivets. But the proper way of removing rivets is by drilling out the center.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #14
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
lol that sounds a lot easier....sigh where were you 3 months ago

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #15
luckie2hav3her
BANNED

R240NA i assume that takes less than 20min right??