Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #301
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
if thats what you want to call it, but our town is full of pig cops. his best friend drives an rx 8 also
^This statement makes you sound like a tool. If and when your 240 gets stolen down the line I can bet you won't be calling up the Autozone manager to help find your car. Granted you don't crash it running from the "pigs".

That being said seeing that you are 18 enjoy your senior year and go to Prom.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #302
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
^This statement makes you sound like a tool. If and when your 240 gets stolen down the line I can bet you won't be calling up the Autozone manager to help find your car. Granted you don't crash it running from the "pigs".

jesus relax i was fucking around tthey arent pigs
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #303
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
In Florida there is no law against being too low or headlight height requirement. So what could they stop you for? If you happen to get pulled over for sparking what would they file the ticket as? I tried researching it but got nothing for florida
Any kind of modified exhaust is illegal in Florida. I was pulled over many times for that as well as just complete bullshit reasons. I even had a cop tell me my insurance info was "bullshit" because "you can't insure an unregistered car". He then gave me the option of leaving my car where it was and walking home or going to jail. Once he left I drove home anyway since I had done nothing wrong in the first place. Point is they will find a reason to pull you over and hassle you.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #304
SuperSlow40
Leaky Injector

SuperSlow40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright so I live in SoCal in the City of Palmdale. I have a pretty hideous S13 hatch with orange and pink colored rims, 2.5in Exhaust w/ cat, Sr Swap w/ HKS cams.. Lowered.. and i have an 'omgdrift' sticker with limo tint all behind me.. I've been driving my Daily drift missile for about 3 months now, and had several close calls w/ cops. Havent gotten pulled over Y E T, but just a couple hours ago today as i was omw to my little drift spot, a cop followed me for a good minute then passed me up.. Thats the third time that has happened to me. So as long as you dont get caught do anything retarded, (speeding, sliding, revving, bov blowing off) you should be okay.
SuperSlow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #305
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I think cops should pull over ever car that looks like a missile driving up the street. Would do us all a favor.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #306
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Back in SoCal, I used to get pulled over nearly every week. A lot of minor hassling and letting me go with a warning. I've now had my car on CO roads for nearly a year now on expired CA plates while I get the car running right to pass emissions and such and I've not once been pulled over. The main thing is to drive like the old man in the Lexus next to you and if you do get pulled over, know your rights, know the law, but more importantly, be respectful to the officer stopping you. A lot of times they'll be more lenient on you if you show that you respect their position of authority. It all comes down to this though... if you're going to put things on your car that the police will interpret as 'Childish' or 'irresponsible' like body kits, plug-n-play H.I.D. kits, stickers, N1 style mufflers, wings, etc. just be prepared to be stopped with increased regularity because statistically speaking, people who mod their cars like that are most likely in that same group of people that are street-racing, speeding, driving recklessly, etc. Regardless of how you yourself actually drive. A lot of times they're just stopping you to see if they've happened to stumble upon someone in possession of stolen property, or with unaddressed traffic violations, etc. Hope this helps.

*also I don't recommend driving around on old plates like me either as I know I'm rolling the dice every day I leave for work, but you'd better believe if I were to get pulled over, I'm going to show the utmost respect for the officer while pleading my case in hopes that he'll let me go with a ticket rather than impounding the car.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #307
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post

Ah, but in an earlier post this kid said his "older brother is 17." I don't think he even has a license.

Back on topic. Old story, but still makes me chuckle.
One night way back when I still had my Mustang, I was leaving the track after several bad runs. On the way out, I get stuck behind a blue S10 Blazer doing 5mph. Myself being young, dumb, and aggravated, decided to gun it around this truck in a blaze of open header noise and shitty driving. The moment I get around him I realize two things.

1. My headlights were off.
2. This was an undercover.

He walks up to my car with a face of pure exhaustion and says "Turn your lights on and keep it on the track" then walks back to his truck and drives away.

Thank my lucky stars for that one.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #308
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
I got pulled over 3 times in 18 months in Florida in my RHD S14. The first time was by a highway patrol. I received a ticket for speeding even though I had a totally clean driving record in Florida. The two other times were for my Apexi GT Spec exhaust. Both times I recieved no ticket, and in one case the sheriff actually called in his buddy to check out the car. If your car is high profile, you will get profiled. I had my plates ran countless times before as well.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #309
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
since I got rid of my 240 an picked up my Volvo Turbo wagon,,,,never
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #310
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
I got pulled over 3 times in 18 months in Florida in my RHD S14. The first time was by a highway patrol. I received a ticket for speeding even though I had a totally clean driving record in Florida. The two other times were for my Apexi GT Spec exhaust. Both times I recieved no ticket, and in one case the sheriff actually called in his buddy to check out the car. If your car is high profile, you will get profiled. I had my plates ran countless times before as well.
Doesn't matter if your record is clean or not. You can get a ticket or not get a ticket, it is up to the officer. Some officer's are ticket heavy. Others are not. I think I write 1 traffic ticket a week. And that is a lot for me. It might be closer to 1 every 3 weeks.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #311
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard240s14 View Post
Im laughing so hard my ribs are puncturing my lungs
Good may be you will croke soon and we wont have to listen to your lies anymore.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #312
jjewell2101
BANNED

jjewell2101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Birmingham Alabama will jack you up in a 240sx. They know the drift scene
jjewell2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #313
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so when are these cali threads going to start getting locked? everyweek someone ask if they will get pulled over
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #314
charizard240s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
charizard240s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZ View Post
Oh shitt!! charzard from the s14 build is back. hows the s14 coming along?
Probably going to make a low key rebuild thread . Picking up a motor on the 28th in Virginia and getting my aero stuff on the 23rd and finishing paint . Aside from the s15 stuff I've picked up recently and some
Tasteful "jdm" accessories I'll be out and about sometime February if the snow holds off
charizard240s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #315
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaquanh View Post
so when are these cali threads going to start getting locked? everyweek someone ask if they will get pulled over
Don't you know? We're the new Honda CiviC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #316
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaquanh View Post
never never never never never never never, maybe one day
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #317
iRideFBMSR20det
Leaky Injector

iRideFBMSR20det is an unknown quantity at this point
There just doing there jobs, no need to calls hem pigs.

Also if you slow down they won't pull you over as much lol
iRideFBMSR20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #318
palummi5
Leaky Injector

palummi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn you guyss are lucky. I'm 17 but I look a little older (like 19-22 I've been told) and I get pulled over ALLL the damn time. I drive fairly well too from what I've been told. I do have a heavy foot at times but who doesn't haha. I just got a ticket yesterday for speeding but the cop ha no proof so e gave me a careless.. Now I have to go to court. Btw, I drive a 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 coupe 6 speed until my lease is up in aprilish?
palummi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #319
charizard240s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
charizard240s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So what exactly makes you look 19-22? A pair of vans with a "stance will make her dance" t-shirt and a diamond supply SnapBack ? Oh with a g-shock . Please emphasize
charizard240s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #320
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
So what exactly makes you look 19-22? A pair of vans with a "stance will make her dance" t-shirt and a diamond supply SnapBack ? Oh with a g-shock . Please emphasize
Oh no, chizard is trying to school youngsters on zilvia......give me a break jizzard, go do some more build threads or something.

*Yea i meant to spell your name that way*
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #321
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by palummi5 View Post
Damn you guyss are lucky. I'm 17 but I look a little older (like 19-22 I've been told) and I get pulled over ALLL the damn time. I drive fairly well too from what I've been told. I do have a heavy foot at times but who doesn't haha. I just got a ticket yesterday for speeding but the cop ha no proof so e gave me a careless.. Now I have to go to court. Btw, I drive a 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 coupe 6 speed until my lease is up in aprilish?
Quote:

both of you are idiots so please stop. thanks
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #322
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Reminds me of the time I was working on my RB in my friends driveway one sunday afternoon. Mind you this was at 3PM-ish in a non-deed restricted neighborhood, no HOA or anything. I was open downpipe at the time, and I guess I was being a little loud. Some lady walks up behind me (didn't see her), and goes on to ask me "do you KNOW how LOUD this car is?" Ignored her. She got insistent, started swearing and telling me about her kids that were sleeping (whatever) and tapped me on the shoulder. Turned around and stood up, pointed at my ear and pretended to do some sign language. Her face went white. My buddy saw the whole thing and went along with it, she apologized and went home.
Quote:
Master Troll
Indeed. Msglngth
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #323
palummi5
Leaky Injector

palummi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Im 6'0 and 180lbs with a beard.. but that's not the point, even if it was I'm sure you couldn't afford the items you mentioned. haha, much love!
palummi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #324
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Welllll guess Ill share my story too. A couple months after I had got my license at 16, me and some friends wanted to go get ice cream at like, 11:00pm. So two people came in my stock ass burgundy hatch and two went in my friends E30. So the California law is for the first year you have your license or until youre 18 (whichever comes first), you cant have anyone under the age of 25 in the car and you cant drive past 11pm or before 5am. Well we were just cruising to get some ice cream and my friend in the E30 blows past me. So being the dumbass teenager I was, decided to do the same thing, but I guess only the cop saw me. But I see someone else flying up behind me and notice its a cop. He gets behind my friend and I start laughing cause I think he got pulled over. Nope. He flashes me so I pull over. Cop comes up to the window and is HELLLLLLA pissed. He starts yelling at me about being a dumbass and I start agreeing and telling the truth about where we were going and blahblahblah just being respectful. Hand him all the paperwork and my license. He goes to his car and comes back way more calm, and is talking to me about the rules about passengers and the curfew and starts talking about back when he was a kid and we chatted for a while. He ended up letting me go then peeled out lol.

Long story short is that if you are respectful and didnt kill anyone, youll be good.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #325
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Still haven't gotten pulled over in San Diego.

Don't know how. This thing sounds like a straight race car at idle. And then there's the 38mm dumped wastegate O.o
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #326
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Every time I go to the rich up scale neighborhoods I always get pulled over, cause I'm no rear bumper status at the moment lol....Damn Cops!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #327
dkim1985
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dkim1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I have an exhaust and intake (KA24DE s13) and never have gotten pulled over for noise or speeding.
I got pulled over once in the past 2 years that I've had this car because it was late and the cop thought I was drinking because i was "weaving in my lane"...
...i was driving on a hillside that was all turns...i just looked at him and thought..'did you want me to drive straight and DIE???' LOL
He still made me do this stupid eye test to see if I was drunk and just let me go.

Another interesting story..
I was driving late one night after drinking with some friends. I didn't drink much since I was the one driving.
One of the other cars that came with us was driving in front of me and a cop passed us in the opposite direction. I saw him u-turn once he passed me and thought..oh f*ck! he's going to pull me over for a loud exhaust.. He ended up driving pass me and pulled over my friend right in front of me...2 blocks from where we were headed...he got a DUI and we had to pick him up in the morning at the police station. LOL
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #328
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim1985 View Post
I have an exhaust and intake (KA24DE s13) and never have gotten pulled over for noise or speeding.
I got pulled over once in the past 2 years that I've had this car because it was late and the cop thought I was drinking because i was "weaving in my lane"...
...i was driving on a hillside that was all turns...i just looked at him and thought..'did you want me to drive straight and DIE???' LOL
He still made me do this stupid eye test to see if I was drunk and just let me go.

Another interesting story..
I was driving late one night after drinking with some friends. I didn't drink much since I was the one driving.
One of the other cars that came with us was driving in front of me and a cop passed us in the opposite direction. I saw him u-turn once he passed me and thought..oh f*ck! he's going to pull me over for a loud exhaust.. He ended up driving pass me and pulled over my friend right in front of me...2 blocks from where we were headed...he got a DUI and we had to pick him up in the morning at the police station. LOL

Both of my real parents were killed by drunk drivers.

Go fuck yourself.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #329
dkim1985
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dkim1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
Both of my real parents were killed by drunk drivers.

Go fuck yourself.
im sorry to hear that.

both my parents are dead too. you go fuck yourself.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #330
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim1985 View Post
im sorry to hear that.

both my parents are dead too. you go fuck yourself.
Oh okay, neat-o. That makes your drunk driving compeletely acceptable then. I'm sure everyone agrees with your logic.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote