Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
coilover suggetions

kts or silkroad? pro n cons? or any other around the price range? also where to find a place to find with a good price? im leaning toward the kts just becuase of the warrenty. but i would love tanabe dd but those i dont want to pay for
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2005, 11:59 PM   #2
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
there has been SOOO many threads about KTS and silkroad just do a search

those two coilovers are probably the most popular right now along with megan and gp sports
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #3
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
i did do a search, everyone praise the kts. silkroad as well, but seem like they are the only two everyone compariing. any else?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:57 AM   #4
Sky240PWR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Sky240PWR has made poor choicesSky240PWR has made poor choicesSky240PWR has made poor choicesSky240PWR has made poor choicesSky240PWR has made poor choicesSky240PWR has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What about the Megan coilovers, I thought everyone loved them and they are only $800-900 bucks, I have 91 hb and if anyone says they are good, then thats what i'm getting!!
Sky240PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:05 AM   #5
DriftSpecial180
Zilvia Addict

DriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura about
I have the Silk Roads. But i've been in the same dilemma as well. Silk Road vs. KTS vs. Tein Super Drift. If your looking for performance, I ruled out the Teins. Not because they aren't good, but because they aren't anything special (still twin tubed, all basic specs), As opposed to KTS and Silk Road using more modern Monotube Inverted design. Both dampers are awesome, i'm probably going to get a set of KTS one day to try them. I liked the silk roads because of the quality as well. Hand built and the owner is very picky, thats why they don't have US branch, he only trusts his current technicians. But a plus side to having KTS's is the replacement issue. The just send you new dampers if one or more break, a lot less repair/turn-around time. I hope i helped....
DriftSpecial180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM   #6
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
eh silkroad>KTS>MR... get the median.......... kts is just as good as silkroad , MR BANG FOR THE BUCK....................
Old 06-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #7
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
What is the deal with these Megan Racing coil-overs. I am looking at getting the D2 coil-overs due to new design and most everyone with the new setup loves them. However, the Megan Racing would save me almost 300-400 dollars that I could use when I am putting my enginein my car. trsilvias13, have you thought about D2 for the money?
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #8
publicenemy137
Zilvia Junkie

publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to publicenemy137
D2s SUCK STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!!! I have em, plus the new shocks. I've had nothing but trouble with them. Right now the spring is messed up and I'm getting an awful steering clunk sound.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY CARDOMAIN!

help me decide my next set of rims
publicenemy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 AM   #9
Project D
Zilvia Member

hmmm...... Myabe these MR coilovers are the real deal then. Has anyone had some good experience with them? What do they think of them as far as something to take to the track? My car will be for weekend enjoyment, track once in a great while. Other than that, for the mountains and the streets. I guess if no one answers this, I will search then post my own....
Old 06-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
ayes

ayes is an unknown quantity at this point
megans rock on the track, enjuku runs them on their cars and they run formula d so they hold up on the track,i ran em at one event and they served me well, they go really low, and Megan is gonna start offering a rebuild service and higher spring rates.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #11
Project D
Zilvia Member

wow. I'm really considering these now. There's a few people that run D2 here where I live but they said its really stiff and I have read and heard about them being bad in cold weather. These Megan racing coils seem like a nice purchase for cheap. With the adjustability, I would think that they would be very nice for my needs. The occasional track, mountains (a lot) and driving around town. I think I am going to start a separate post for this.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

anyone in the bay area with a s14 want to give me a ride in their cars? espcially with kts
Old 06-27-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

or any compare these to buddyclub coilovers?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #14
Twinturbozs
Zilvia Member

Twinturbozs is a well-known jackass
i had the KTS but they were a bit too stiff for the streets of san francisco for me. they handled great and are an awesome setup. one thing i did notice, when cresting/turning over a hill, sometimes a rear tire will lose contact with the ground because there was not enough stroke in the coilover.
Twinturbozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #15
NakayamaKiyoshi
Leaky Injector

NakayamaKiyoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, the megans can go really really low, i still need to raise mine a little bit, my car got stuck going up the drive way one time
Old 06-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #16
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
who needs KTS. thats for sho. you should check out aerospeed coiloverz.... you can even retain stock shocks! aint that cool??