Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #451
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitfire View Post
Ahh, CAS cover isn't a problem. Clearance is.
Well the easiest way to remedy that issue is to delete the CAS and go to a hall effect sensor on the front of the head, of course your tuning software will have to have the capabilities of reading it's output.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #452
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I still don't see how the CAS is a problem. mine has plenty of room, and I can even remove/install the cas with the engine in the car. (on s13, mind you)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #453
Busta

Trader Rating: (0)
Busta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Orrrrrr for $40 he could get the Mazworx CNC cover
That cover your talkin bout is the cas block off they sell im talking p12 sensor cover look it up. Never seen such a product from Mazworx; btw you work for them bro?
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #454
splitfire
Leaky Injector

splitfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Someone posted earlier that the nismo mounts move the motor back a little more than stock.

Thanks for advice.
Today I installed my old stock mounts and BINGO!

Now I'm going to buy drift freaq's mounts. IIRC, they lower engine a bit more.
splitfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:54 AM   #455
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im in the process of instaling my p12 cams in my p11 head .

Im looking for feedback or guidence on the head shim clearence ... im looking for specs to comfirm what i have and maybe a procedure if anyone could help

Here are the specs that i found (p11 / p12 and n1)
http://www.primeracarclub.co.nz/smf/...;topic=21988.0

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #456
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 10-16-2016, 03:54 PM   #457
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Well the easiest way to remedy that issue is to delete the CAS and go to a hall effect sensor on the front of the head, of course your tuning software will have to have the capabilities of reading it's output.
Taarks has an insanely easy and affordable option for the Hall effect sensor. No machinig required. I have it installed on my car and it works great with haltech.
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #458
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
Taarks has an insanely easy and affordable option for the Hall effect sensor. No machinig required. I have it installed on my car and it works great with haltech.
It's a pretty slick setup too. I probably would've went that route had they had theirs available at the time. All bolt on, utilizing a freeze plug in the front of the head, I dig!

How's the car running Dave?
Old 10-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #459
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It's a pretty slick setup too. I probably would've went that route had they had theirs available at the time. All bolt on, utilizing a freeze plug in the front of the head, I dig!

How's the car running Dave?
Running well. Need to finally get it to the dyno. I'm planning to just stop tuning once I 500whp and then back it down to 450whp. Even on just 15lbs. It's a lot of fun. I'm on the fence whether I want to swap the final drive to something lower, or stick with the q45 stock ratio and have a 2nd gear that doesn't end till a little over 80mph.

How's your car doing? I'm honestly thinking I'll sell in the spring and move on to a C6GS.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #460
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Finally got mine onto the rollers hoping to get the boost up and some numbers. Was at 374whp/350tq at 6800rpm and got spark blow out at 22lbs up high. We adjusted the gap and the dwell. Got a few hundred more rpm out of it and then it was just the LS1 could not keep up. I'm going to drop the boost to 19psi and leave it until I get haltech LSX coils. Still not bad torque or hp for the setup at that low of rpm.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #461
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That's crazy, I thought LS coils were the end all.
I know of sr20det's with stock coilpacks making more than that, even fwd sr20de-t's that don't have coil on plug can make more power on the stock ignition setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #462
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

From my research and some of the local tuners that were doing national level 1000+hp cars it all points to the ls1 coils laying down. We gapped down the plugs, increased timing, and drop the dwell to 3.8 (ls1 coils die at 4.0). It got us another 5-600rpm. The coils to get are the haltech lsx coils are where it's at if you want a solid ignition.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #463
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Pulled a set of ls2 truck coils from an escalade. Remaking brackets and then should be ready to rock again. Triple the output of ls1 coils.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #464
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Have you looked into the Audi R8 coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #465
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
IGN-1A coils are the best. No argument.

That's what I switched to after getting blow-out with LS2 truck coils.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #466
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Money is what has me trying the ls2 truck coils. I sourced the set I have myself and at a price I couldn't pass up. I'm planning to get my car where I want it after all the years of building it, and sell it in the spring. I want a c6 grand sport.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:52 AM   #467
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
True, can't beat the value of the truck coils.

Just don't dwell them over 4ms or so, they'll auto fire early and make you detonate.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:02 PM   #468
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah the farthest I take lsx coils is 3.8
Old 10-31-2016, 08:20 PM   #469
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
We run some honda k20 coils on the race car .... fastess super street sr20 powered s13 in the world .... 8.23 @ 176mph

35+psi and no trouble with spark

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #470
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Does any body have dyno spec of a sr20vet with a efr7670 ... i realy dont trust my pte5858 . Affraid its gona seft destruct like the last 3 pte we installed on customers car

Debating efr7670 , gtx3576r , s200sxe and efr7163(the 7163 is in last place simply cause i dont like the 2inch inlet on it)

It need's to be vband housing and so far the only one i cant find is the s200sxe

Im looking for +-500whp and its a drifts car .

Sr20vet specs

86.5 cp pistons (8.5:1)
Manley rods
P12 cams with custom high lob lock pins
E85 fuel

Feedback of poeple who runs them would be appreciated

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 PM   #471
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey guys,

I was wondering what turbo manifold can be used on the P12 head? Is it the same as the DET but you have to slot some holes?
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #472
insa

insa is an unknown quantity at this point
Double post, read intake manifold...

Last edited by insa; 11-14-2016 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Double post, read intake manifold...
insa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:27 AM   #473
insa

insa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr1000hp View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering what turbo manifold can be used on the P12 head? Is it the same as the DET but you have to slot some holes?
Ahh, read intake manifold...
Yes, some DET manifolds can be reused for a VE head, if the flange of the manifold has enough meat for slotting.

You can also have one made from the usual companies... i.e. Full Race will make a you VE specific one, if you ask them to (without additional charge).

Last edited by insa; 11-14-2016 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: additional text
insa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #474
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
No way the det intake flange will work. The port size is just too different. Also Gato racing has a intake manifold for the fwd or rwd ve. I have one for my fwd ve

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #475
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
I think he was referring to the exhaust side of the head.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #476
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just found out that the exhaust flanges are the same and the holes need to be slotted slightly. I am confused though on the oil pump/pulley/spacer issue. I am planning on running a P12 oil pump (apparently stronger). If I buy this collar http://www.taarks.com/product_p/nis-oilcollar-p11.htm will I need to buy the collar spacer. And if I have this correct, you must always shave 5 mm from the back of the crank pulley?
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:38 AM   #477
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr1000hp View Post
Just found out that the exhaust flanges are the same and the holes need to be slotted slightly. I am confused though on the oil pump/pulley/spacer issue. I am planning on running a P12 oil pump (apparently stronger). If I buy this collar http://www.taarks.com/product_p/nis-oilcollar-p11.htm will I need to buy the collar spacer. And if I have this correct, you must always shave 5 mm from the back of the crank pulley?

If you run a det oil pump spacer your gona need a spacer

If you swap out for the ve oil pump spacer (the one in your link) in your det engine no need to run a spacer ....

I did check the difference when my botton end was getting built... its pretty much same height

i chose to use the ve one just to simplafy the set-up .

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-15-2016, 07:50 AM   #478
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

If you keep the det spacer and run a ve pump without a mazworx shim , you will crank the housing of the pump like this

[IMG][/IMG]

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #479
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
My SR20VET is soo close. I'm just awaiting a 82.5mm throttle body from RMR, my ebay one i bought was leaking bad out the Shafts on the sides (tps/Throttle body).

I have a few questions.

The front of the valve cover hits the hood pretty hard, what motor mounts is everyone running to space the engine down a little bit?

Also is there any other throttle bodies available other than RMR 82.5mm. I can't seem to find anything else and a stock q45 throttle body won't work because it is too long. I need a throttle body about 2" long.

I can't wait to rail this setup!!

I hope to do about 500whp then tune it down to 450whp.

I plan to run pump gas, and around 15-20psi. Any guesses on what she will do around that, i'm super anxious to get her on the dyno.

AEM VER. 2 ECU
P11 Head with N1 Cams & BC Springs & Retainers
Mazworx intake manifold with 82.5mm RMR Throttle body
1000cc ID's w/ Water Meth injection
ls7 Coilpack w/ built in heat sync
Future Fab Manifold w/ GTX3076 . 82 ar
CP Pistons w/ valve releifs 9:1 and Manly Rods
ATI crank pulley
VE Oil Pump

all on Stock SR Transmission w/ OS Giken Twin Disk.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #480
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I have Nismo engine mounts, circa 06'.

You should be around 500whp. I made 485 on pump without water/meth. I don't think you'll need that for under 500whp. There are some slight differences between our setups, N1's and static comp ratios. You have 9:1 VE CPs and I run 8.5:1 DET JEs. However, I have a higher static comp ratio because of this difference. I also ran P11 cams, which will be swapped out to N1's after the new year.