Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #481
insa

Trader Rating: (0)
insa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice looking Setup!

all on Stock SR Transmission w/ OS Giken Twin Disk.
Eeeeeek! :-D
insa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #482
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Options13 View Post
I have a few questions. OS Giken Twin Disk.
Is it the TS2B/TS2BD twin disc? Did you use OEM or ARP flywheel bolts?
If ARP, did you have to cut the threads shorter? According the OsGiken the OEM bolt heads are too tall and have to be shaved down or they'll rub the disc, and the ARP threads are too long and must be trimmed down or the bolt will bottom out in the crank too early...

I wish they just made bolts for this clutch.

Hoping I can figure out the right sleeve combination to make my TS2BD work with the Mazworx cd009 trans kit. I ordered the sleeve OS recommends for the stock sr trans and will have to see how my throwout clearance is and adjust from there.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #483
Jybfan04
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Jybfan04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I have Nismo engine mounts, circa 06'.

You should be around 500whp. I made 485 on pump without water/meth. I don't think you'll need that for under 500whp. There are some slight differences between our setups, N1's and static comp ratios. You have 9:1 VE CPs and I run 8.5:1 DET JEs. However, I have a higher static comp ratio because of this difference. I also ran P11 cams, which will be swapped out to N1's after the new year.
Running the DET JE's what do you plan on doing for p2v clearance since the N1's are larger?

Curious because I run DET CP's and been looking for options to resolve any p2v clearance when I decide to drop the P11 cams.
Jybfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #484
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jybfan04 View Post
Running the DET JE's what do you plan on doing for p2v clearance since the N1's are larger?

Curious because I run DET CP's and been looking for options to resolve any p2v clearance when I decide to drop the P11 cams.
The JEs have larger valve reliefs than the factory VE pistons. There are plenty of people that run N1s without issues on factory pistons. I'll check clearances with a boroscope just to make sure though.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #485
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Is it the TS2B/TS2BD twin disc? Did you use OEM or ARP flywheel bolts?
If ARP, did you have to cut the threads shorter? According the OsGiken the OEM bolt heads are too tall and have to be shaved down or they'll rub the disc, and the ARP threads are too long and must be trimmed down or the bolt will bottom out in the crank too early...

I wish they just made bolts for this clutch.

Hoping I can figure out the right sleeve combination to make my TS2BD work with the Mazworx cd009 trans kit. I ordered the sleeve OS recommends for the stock sr trans and will have to see how my throwout clearance is and adjust from there.

Hmm, i am not too sure which os giken i have, but i can tell you that i used arp fly wheel bolts with no issues.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #486
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had issues with the ARP flywheel bolts being to long with my os giken triple plate and had similar issues with my spec mini twin
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #487
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRSHARP_240SX View Post
I have had issues with the ARP flywheel bolts being to long with my os giken triple plate and had similar issues with my spec mini twin

What did you do? Trim the threads off of the bolts somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #488
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jybfan04 View Post

Quote:
The JEs have larger valve reliefs than the factory VE pistons. There are plenty of people that run N1s without issues on factory pistons. I'll check clearances with a boroscope just to make sure though.

det pistons dont have valves reliefs ... they only have a domed head and bigger then a p11 its gona interfeer . anyway on 2 of the built we did over p11 with det pistons was a no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options13 View Post
Hmm, i am not too sure which os giken i have, but i can tell you that i used arp fly wheel bolts with no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRSHARP_240SX View Post
Quote:

on are hold fd car(sr24vet) before going VQ ... we were running comp clutch tripple with (if im not mistaking...) ford mustang arp flywheels bolts (same thread , just a different head size and abit thicker)

we machined the flywheel face where the bolt sit to gain clearence to the clutch

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #489
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
on are hold fd car(sr24vet) before going VQ ... we were running comp clutch tripple with (if im not mistaking...) ford mustang arp flywheels bolts (same thread , just a different head size and abit thicker)

we machined the flywheel face where the bolt sit to gain clearence to the clutch

I've heard of the mustang bolts, were the threads shorter?

Old 12-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #490
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I used the bolts that came with my mazworx z32 trans conversion I think it's been a while

Last edited by RZRSHARP_240SX; 12-03-2016 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Maybe
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #491
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

That comes with flywheel bolts? Interesting.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:16 AM   #492
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
det pistons dont have valves reliefs ... they only have a domed head and bigger then a p11 its gona interfeer . anyway on 2 of the built we did over p11 with det pistons was a no go
I know what's in my motor and JE DET pistons do infact have valve reliefs. Try googling some images of them. If you want, I'll take a picture of the boroscope screen so you'll believe me . I will agree to disagree that most DET pistons do not have valve reliefs.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:25 PM   #493
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I've heard of the mustang bolts, were the threads shorter?

No only the head of the bolt is bigger

Quote:
I know what's in my motor and JE DET pistons do infact have valve reliefs. Try googling some images of them. If you want, I'll take a picture of the boroscope screen so you'll believe me . I will agree to disagree that most DET pistons do not have valve reliefs.
I just googled it and your right . My bad

Do you know if the reliefs in them are as big as a cp Ve pistons ?!

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:52 AM   #494
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Unhappy

Quote:
No only the head of the bolt is bigger

I believe the reliefs are smaller than the CP VE's but they are as big or bigger than the factory VE pistons.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:54 AM   #495
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Unhappy

Quote:

I believe the reliefs are smaller than the CP VE's but they are bigger than the factory VE pistons.

Last edited by jr_ss; 12-05-2016 at 04:31 AM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:33 AM   #496
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Definitely going this route. Very good read!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #497
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Jw what the dimple plate for the front is for? I know it is removable I have the same setup, but just with factory sheet metal. Anything ahead of the shock towers is is pretty much useless on s chassis.
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:15 PM   #498
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
I'm running JE 10.5:1 pistons with N1 cams no problem. Your 8.5:1 pistons will have even more clearance.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #499
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
I'm running JE 10.5:1 pistons with N1 cams no problem. Your 8.5:1 pistons will have even more clearance.
Good to know!
Old 12-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #500
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Mine is finally almost finished.

Block and head build by Mazworx, conversion parts from Mazworx, Hall Sensor kit from Taarks, GTX3582R on Mazworx TS Manifold. 90MM Bore, 1/2inch Main and head studs, billet main caps. Just a few more items and i can get this up an running

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #501
Zolvovo

Zolvovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post

It's also incorrect to say the P12 is the more expensive swap, like most people think. Let me break it down.

P11:
+$750
+$300 for solenoid relocation and lines/fittings
+$300 for hall sensor or P12 CAS
+$450 for N1 cams
-$150 selling the P11 cams (undesirable/hard sell)
Total: $1650 with N1 cams, $1350 with stock cams

P12:
+$1500
+$450 for N1 cams
-$300 selling P12 cams (P11 guys will buy P12 cams, this is what mine sold for)
-$500 selling 6 speed trans (Sentra guys with 5 speeds or autos desire this swap)
Total: $1150 with N1 cams, $1000 with stock cams
for the record sentra guys have no use for the 6spd aside from the bellhousing which can be had from gspec for $300

amazing you got $300 for those cams. never heard of any p11 guy using or wanting them

check the specs

http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16...12-cams-2.html
Zolvovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:22 AM   #502
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Isn't there a 6sp swap kit for the sentras? My friend had one on his 700 something whp Sentra.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #503
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Isn't there a 6sp swap kit for the sentras? My friend had one on his 700 something whp Sentra.

Yeah, we make a kit using the P12 bellhousing and the QR tranny
Old 12-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #504
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Oh, so doesn't use the sr 6sp trans. Got it.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #505
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh, so doesn't use the sr 6sp trans. Got it.

It does use a 6spd trans, just not the P12 one. The QR comes with a 6spd.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #506
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Right, not the sr 6sp like I said [emoji23]

Old 12-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #507
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Right, not the sr 6sp like I said [emoji23]

Right, not the Sr 6spd like you said...
Old 12-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #508
candyred_240sx
Leaky Injector

candyred_240sx is on a distinguished road
Round two for my setup.

Now with a Mazworx sleeved block and billet main caps (non sleeved block cracked when we turned it up to 30psi)

On a side note I have a spare Mazworx intake manifold for sale.

This intake manifold has been mounted but never run. It has s13 iacv and flanged for q45 throttle body. It has some scratches from the mocking up.

$700 USD OBO
candyred_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #509
Zolvovo

Zolvovo is an unknown quantity at this point
it's because the p12 6spd isn't lsd

yeah props to mazworx makes a crucial axle carrier for the fwd

still very few have done the vet + 6spd compared to rwd zilvias
Zolvovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #510
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
Mine is finally almost finished.

Block and head build by Mazworx, conversion parts from Mazworx, Hall Sensor kit from Taarks, GTX3582R on Mazworx TS Manifold. 90MM Bore, 1/2inch Main and head studs, billet main caps. Just a few more items and i can get this up an running

Nice, what ar did you go with the turbine ?
& compression on pistons
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote