Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
JRautoparts.com

Went down to look at an engine. I get there and ask to see the engine that I want to purchase. He showes it to me and tells me it runs good, obviously. After looking at it I request a compression test and he does NOT want to do it. He tells me that I need to pay him the money before he'll do the compression test, AND, if he does the test he will not give me a start up warranty. So basically, compression test; no start up warranty. No compression test; start up warranty. The customer service was awful. He told me to that the engine runs fine and to take his word for it. He started getting upset and was extremely disrespectful. I give JRautoparts.com a BIG thumbs down.

http://www.jrautoparts.com/
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
new041123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
new041123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They are known for "no customer service."
Lot of people got ripped off from jrautoparts.com
new041123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
HAHAHA> FUcking awesome!

Their website says "COMPRESSION TESTED". I just called this assole and asked if he could do a compression check with me there. He says

"oh yesss. but you pay me. I don't waste your time, you don't waste mine"

Then we got into a five minute arguement on how a motor can have bad compression but still run good. He doesn't know SHIT about cars and sounds like a crook. He tried to tell me, "if i start motor, and motor doesn't shake, compression is good.

To which i replied, you don't know anything about motors.

I think everyone should call this asshole and inquire about motors and demand compression checks...
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
ZakS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ZakS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my friend got an RB25 motorset from them and it ran fine, other than the sidemount being f-ed but he shouldn't have ran that anyway. they even gave him the crossmember and gauge cluster, which i am using in my car. paid like 2800 shipped and he didn't have a problem. the guy i/we talked to was pretty cool. my friends motor was good, but cyinder #4? had like 30psi compression, but that is most likely caused by the aluminum chunk stuck in his exhaust valve from running the shitty sidemount, everything else was sound! except for the mice living under the coil cover :P
ZakS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Always ask for Vinnie, ive bought tons of motors from him, Sr20's RB25's Shit loads of VG30;s and a few RB26's i can tell you i have never had a problem with him. i actually got one bad motor once, it had rod knock, i called em let him know. i got a new motor on the way its for a customers car. he's legit.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
IF he was legit, don't you think he'd be cool with a compression test?

IF he was legit, don't you think he would refrain from telling potential customers that a motor that "DOESN'T SHAKE HAS GOOD COMPRESSION"?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
new041123
Leaky Injector

No customer service = No compression test
Old 12-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
like i said before, vinnie is a cool cat. he just wont jump hoops for you unless he sees the cash.

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

I mean shit there are tirekickers who go there and he cant check compression for everyone of them. Show him cash so he knows you are serious and he'll do it!

VINNIE is the man!

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
duffman1278
Post Whore!

duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
I talked to someone else I forgot who, but they also mentioned the same thing about how he's got really good engines, but he comes off as a dick. I dunno He does have the cheapest price on Integra XSI Headlights so I might go back just to pick those up.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
new041123
Leaky Injector

Btw, how much money did he want for the compression test? I want to know.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
duffman1278
Post Whore!

He wanted me to buy the engine. He didn't want extra for it.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Its like this, if you show him money, he will will do what you want him to. If you go there to kick tires he will be a dick. Show him that you arent wasting his time as in showing him you got money and he will do what you want. He has dealt with so many tire kickers he has to be a dick to be productive.

Once he knows you, he wont be a dick.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Garage View Post
Its like this, if you show him money, he will will do what you want him to. If you go there to kick tires he will be a dick. Show him that you arent wasting his time as in showing him you got money and he will do what you want. He has dealt with so many tire kickers he has to be a dick to be productive.

yep, i send him many people, i call him ":hey so and so is picking up a motor" never had a complaint, u just gotta show him you are serious. he has good shit. just tell em, im serious i got money i want it show me some numbers, if you call and ask he'll be quick he has shit to do. if you go there with cash he';ll compression test AND start up the clip for you.

Review Thread
Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ill admit hes a dick sometimes
but there legit ive bought bunch of things from them
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #15
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:

Yeeeah... That is a GREAT attitude for a business to have toward its customers / potential customers!

Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
bardabe
Post Whore!

Well alright, I just got back from JR auto parts, idk what in the fuck is going on in that place but i just had a horrible experience there. I had been taking him customers for the past 3 years. and bought a quite a few engines for myself, but lately his quality has been going down the shitter.

it all started with a customer of mine, i got a VG30 from him engine looked a little crusty from the container but after a nice cleaning it looked good, i did the 120K mile maintenance on it, and a bunch of new gaskets and put it in. fired it up and the lifters where a little loud but ti went away. i took the car out for a drive and it developed rod knock. Called vinnie he said no problem he would take care of me and give me another engine. so i was frustrated but ok ill give it to him nobody knew.

I few weeks after a fellow zilvia member, asked me wa good place for motors, he had never failed me with RB's but unfortunately for this fellow member, he got bad injectors, and possibly a leaking turbo, Vinnie simply replied he dosent do warranty on the injectors, i didn'; wanna ask about the turbo.

Now i went back to get a new VG30 from him to put in customers car, and took him back the old one, FUCK THAT PLACE. it was an absolute mess, it's nothing like it was 6 months ago. (last time i was there) the engines are now shit, they all look crappy, the front clips look clean but idk i just don't feel safe geting stuff from him anymore, i had to argue with him about the injectors with the fellow member and never the less i am very disappointed, i will now be sourcing out a new distributor for my front clips and engine sets to conduct my business.

Review Thread
Old 12-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
Dirt Nasty
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Dirt Nasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I go to j and R all the time to get my parts.
As for engines Im not sure whats happening after all of this discussion. My friend knows the owner so he usually cuts us down the best parts for the cheapest but still.
Dirt Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #18
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98

Last edited by racer98; 08-26-2009 at 06:19 PM..
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm the buyer of the RB25 with the crap injectors. I only dealt with Vinnie.

The motor was shipped fast, but when it got here it was crusted. NOTHING was plugged up, all the holes and openings were uncovered. The water tunnels were rusted to hell, plugs were broken. (not caused from shipping, as the plugs were not exposed enough to be broken/damaged)

Once it get's running, it is smoking a ridiculous amount (smelled like gas) and oil was pouring out of the back of the turbo.

Motor is stock. Turbo is stock. It's only 2 injectors. I could understand not warrantying the injectors if I'd been driving around on them, but this has been happening since the INITIAL start-up. I didn't even bring up the turbo after I got shit for asking about the injectors. He told me "he just ships the motors and anything that happens after it leaves is up to the customer."

Beware: 1. for used auto parts warranty information: The used auto parts (including the used engine, other auto parts and accessories) are sold as is. They come without any warranty. <-- That basically says "no startup warranty".
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #20
lolatclint
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
lolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lolatclint
hmm idk.. he's a cool guy once u get to know him cause my friend bought an 2nd gen mr2 clip from him and it ran fine. just recently probably a month or two ago. anyone know other cheap places for clips?
lolatclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolatclint View Post
hmm idk.. he's a cool guy once u get to know him cause my friend bought an 2nd gen mr2 clip from him and it ran fine. just recently probably a month or two ago. anyone know other cheap places for clips?
I guess he's one of those guys who you have to know in person...otherwise he won't do anything extra for you. Not to say that's a good thing...
Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #22
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

well if anyone else wants a motor or something from them, PM one of us socal guys so we can make sure you get a good one before it goes out.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
well if anyone else wants a motor or something from them, PM one of us socal guys so we can make sure you get a good one before it goes out.
Yeah, I should have gotten bardabe to check for me, but I semi-rushed buying it.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #24
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

yea Juan TD will do anything to be with cars! I wish he would do the same for girls! Damn you JUAN!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #25
PhilipJdm
Leaky Injector

PhilipJdm is an unknown quantity at this point
i know this is an old thread, but vince isnt the owner my dad is, my dad doesnt answer the phone calls unless everyone is busy. vince is the guy you talk on the phone, a lot of people say he is a dick, which is true. he doesnt like to put up with a lot of questions. dont get mad at me and flame me for this, but its true and everyone knows it, why be a sales man if you dont like putting up with questions, like what people said he's only cool with the people he knows and thats final, majority of the prices is his, my dad is just w/e with it, he has better things to worry about (exporting cars). i am truly sorry for people that got bitched and yelled by him, i dont even like putting up with it either, he still bitches at me and im the owner's son and crap. like i said sorry for the bad times and the hard times he gave you guys.
PhilipJdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Nice to know he does it to EVERYONE, including you. Kind puts things a little more into perspective.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #27
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
You know i bought many things from Vince even cars, and suggest people go to for years now since i owned a Honda and back in the street days. And watched both boys grow up there...lol JDM shit is hard to come by. He gets a million BS calls a day of which takes up BS time. 90% are not even legit. SO deal with it.... Now about my hook up deal....lol J/k
Jeff

xpl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #28
PhilipJdm
Leaky Injector

PhilipJdm is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i put up with a lot of his shit, i cant even mod my 13 without him bitching, i was telling my dad. and my dad was like wtf its what u like im like no shit rofl. and im the owners son, and vince isnt the owner Raymond is (my dad) and vince isnt related to me, just a good friend as you can say but i dont really like him no more. i remember those days, the warehouse with the main office, having skylines and type r and even silvia stored in there. even the outside. hahah do you remember the fat one? rofl thats me =D
PhilipJdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #29
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i picked up a vg30dett and he compression tested it, ans he gave me a ecu off another engine, one of the turbos was a bit stuck.. but that happens sometimes when they sit, i freed it up.. it ran good and the compression numbers he gave were pretty accurate. but that was my experience, and it was only once.. so ya never know..

edit..

holy dead thread from 2009 batman!
lol sorry for the necro bump
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #30
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^This thread is still valid for everyone's experience.

I had a good experience with Vince. Went with a friend to just buy a long block. I pointed at and asked him how much for some 180SX floor mats and says I can have them.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote